Pentagon Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Overall a good company
Real Estate Collections Specialist (Current Employee), OregonAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Job secutiry
Overall a good company, they have job secutiry, benefits, and opportunity for job growth. Depending on which department you're in however really is the determining factor for a lot of things.. Overall I do enjoy working for PenFed.
Good Place to Work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Contests all the time, awesome management, bonuses, and reward time
Cons: Crazy members
This is definitely a good place to work, good pay for what it is you do. The only reason I am leaving is because I will be moving out of state eventually.
First Banking Experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: no room for advancement
Processed client transactions; handled cash limits of $200,000; daily audited cash drawers and vault; counted weekly cash shipments; utilized the credit union’s computer system to track account information – more... for the membership. Maintained/balanced ATM machines; performed Receptionist duties as needed; interacted directly with members to answer questions, address concerns, and resolve problems; handled incoming telephone inquiries from members. Researched, acquired, and maintained a thorough working knowledge of the organization as well as its products and services in order to properly represent the credit union to members and potential members. Attended monthly branch meetings with immediate supervisor and branch manager; completed monthly policy and security tests. – less
fast pace place to work
mortage loan processor (Former Employee), papillion NeJune 22, 2015
Pros: gym at facility
Cons: short work weeks. work week there is 37.5 hours
no 2 days are the same at PFCU. average day starts with reviewing loans that will be closing in the next 2 weeks. make sure all documentation and information is updated in the file. We all pieces are – more... there. Submit the file to our underwriting team, once approved, set up the closing appointment and sent to the closing department.
work on incoming emails, order new services for new loans assigned. learned alot of time management. Held a pipeline of 60-90 loans i would close between 15-22 loans per month. My co workers are an amazing group. we always cheer each other on and keep a very positive work environment for all.. the hardest aspect of my job would be having to tell a member their loan was denied and the reasons why. The most enjoyable part is seeing someone close on their first home , or being able to payoff debt to better help them achieve financial security. – less
Fun
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee), Papillion, NEApril 21, 2015
It was fun working with the children. All day consisted of playing, coloring, and crafts. they do not offer enough pay or any benefits. overall it was a decent experience.
Great Employer
Teller 1 (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great Work and personal life balance
Cons: I wish the pay was better.
This company believes in it's employees. They DO NOT lay off. If circumstanced require a belt tightening they will seek to do so in every other area but displacing employees. The benefits are decent. The – more... CEO is visible and willing to hear from ALL employees. Open door policy here is not fiction. The work environment is truly a family environment full of dedicated employees. Nice, annual, company-wide, performance based bonuses. Work from home options are available. – less
productive and challening place, but favoritism and attitudes need to stop
Bilingual Member Service Representative - Fulltime (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TxJanuary 22, 2015
I loved working at PenFed. It was a fun, challenging job and I learned something new everyday. However, there is too much favoritism going on within the department which rubbed others the wrong way specially when it came down to errors and owning up to them. Attitude from supervisors was a big problem as well as how they talked to people.
the most enjoyable part of job
Teller II/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: meeting my goals
I love that I can help people to save. And that the people that I help alway come back to me because I am a new person.
NA
Teller (Former Employee), Highland Falls, NYDecember 11, 2014
The hours were ok, the management a little poor. Always a lot of work and very busy. But it was nice because all weekends were free.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hanover MdDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: good breaks
A typical day at work:
Very Busy

What you learned:
Set goals that are attainable.

Management:
Direct, controls, supervises, a group of people to coordinate and achieve a specific goal.

Your co-workers: – more...
My department was small we had 4 man and 3 women. We all worker together as a Team.
Dependability
-Has Good Attendance
-Is Cooperative
-Has a Positive Attitude
-Is a Team Player

The hardest part of the job.
When the main system goes down.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
I would recommend working at this company to anyone.
You don’t want to let your coworkers down.
You help without thinking.
You view success in terms of fulfillment and gratification – not just promotions and money. – less
Ok to work
MSR (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 2, 2014
Pros: hrs while in college
Cons: little opportunities for advancement
Good play to work while in college.

CEO comes every quarter just to meet the employees and chat. Very relaxed environment.
Fair job
Teller (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: training and skills gained
Cons: telephone marketing.
Good for people who are finding a path to travel on. They have good management teams at each branch. The job can get slow depending on your branch location. Other than that they are ok.
Loan processor Senior Branch Rep
Senior Branch Support Representative (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: learned loan processing, loan reviews, debt to income ratios
Cons: headquartered out of virginia, too far for me to commute
Opened branch, Processed loan application submissions. Opened an processed loan/accounts. Verified submitted documents, reviewed Credit Reports, requested follow up documents. Achieved branch goals and met and exceeded required loan dollar goals. In charge of the teller line, supervisor duties.
Productive fun days
Loan Service Representative (Former Employee), Yigo, GUApril 16, 2014
Worked as an Loan officer also helped out as a Teller. Multitasking sometimes everyday.
Very good place to work
Staff Accountant III (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very small chance to grow professionaly
Secure environment, friendly co-workers, skillful management
Great first time banking experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), overseasFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: work hours, and having a quota to meet every month
Cons: slow paced environment
A positive work environment, easy to get along with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers with loans.
Great experience
Fulltime Teller II (Former Employee), Washington D.C.February 6, 2014
Pros: great company with great people
Cons: work life balance
Always busy
Excellent training programs
The boss and co-workers are nice and supportive
Hard balancing work and life
Enjoyable place to work, serviced mainly military personnel in my office
Loan Officer 1-Branch Support Representative (Former Employee), West Point, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: manager always found ways to keep the team upbeat and knowledgable in products.
Cons: due to the area i lived in, positions were limited unless you wanted to relocate.
Approved, processed and disbursed loans within loan officer limits.
Opened member accounts, data entry, answer phones, process of teller functions, assisted head teller in proving of vault, teller audits, – more... etc. Management was mainly via email conversation due to larger credit union staff, however, always helpful with any type of problem which the branch encountered. I enjoyed working with my staff, always a team member. Hardest part of the job was leaving to move to another area and most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help members reach their goals of obtaining credit approval and the knowledge of how to control financial situations. – less
Fun place to work
Equity Loan Processor (Former Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: have lots of potluck and birthday celebration
A typical work day will be co-worker working hard but also joking around with each other. I learned its okay to work hard but also have a good time at work with co-workers. My co-workers were fun and all got along doing after work activities and knew each other. There is no hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with co-workers.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Guam U.SJuly 23, 2013
I enjoyed meeting people everyday. I loved my job as a teller.