Pentagon Employee Reviews

Very pleasant atmosphere to work in, the people are nice.
Maintenance Technician Aramark Corp. (Pentagon) (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 23, 2016
The work was challenging but pleasing. The staff was very easy to work with. Management was very pleasant to work for. Parking was not easy and there was plenty of security.
Pros
$10.00 per day meal allowance
Cons
Building was very large.
Army Sustainable Readiness Program Manager
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2016
- Great enterprise level exposure and an opportunity to attempt to solve really challenging Army problems.
- Fascinating to engage the entire Army community to try to bring about sustainable change
Typical Military Tactical, Operational and Strategic Daily Operations
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCSeptember 1, 2016
Worked irregular hours, and the work is monotonous and tedious as lower level jobs in the Pentagon tend to be.

Everything is on a short timeline regardless of how insignificant it appears to be.
Pros
Great situational awareness of everything going on
Cons
I cannot remember ever thinking how little my opinion/contributions ever mattered than I did here
Great place to work.
Reserve Component Advisor J8 (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2016
Self starter, great group of co-workers. Great place to have the opportunity to make decisions that will affect not only the current joint force but the force of the future. The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with a group of professionals that as a group want to make a difference.
Pros
Strategic thinking
Cons
No windows
A great place to work
Advanced Systems Development (ASD) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 29, 2016
It is a tremendous honor to work here. I met a lot of great people, networked, and will keep in touch with many people I met. I would recommend working here to everyone, if given the opportunity,
Courteous, prefessional and respectful work environment
Director of Personal Security (Current Employee) –  Office of the Secretary of DefenseMarch 18, 2016
Challenging position with international responsibilities.
Staff in the executive offices are excellent and committed to the safety and security of the country.
Pros
Independence of management
Cons
Protracted travel to war zones
Environment
Assistant Special Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 14, 2016
I really love the environment of our office, everyone is on the same page and work flows very smoothly. Great leadership.
Supervisor and Team Player
JOINT STAFF, J-1 (Former Employee) –  PentagonSeptember 23, 2015
Served on the Executive Level and worked as a Team Player. Great Experience learning Organization skills, time management, fast paced environment. Adopted additional Human Resources skills and taking care of personnel.
Great opportunites
Deputy Director, Media Relations (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2015
Amazing experience learning about DoD-level policy, while also seeing first hand on how elected officials interact with others to get the mission done.
Pros
Interesting projects
Program Manager and Supervisory Training Specialist; Senior Writing Instructor
Project Manager JS Training Center (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2015
I love working at the Pentagon, for the Joint Staff...there's so much to be done and the best people on the planet are here to do it! This is a really active environment...and it is completely responsive to our Nation's Defense needs...there's much to be done and the best people are here to do it!
Pros
The incredible people...diversity of skills, cutting edge work environment
Cons
The metro area traffic is very inconvenient.

Want to know more about Pentagon?

Ask a question
Loved working with military personnel
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2015
Worked in the clinical area. Setting up appointment for military personal. Filing military records. Working with military doctors and nurses. Assisting military personnel with setting up doctor's appointments and keeping appointments.
Pros
Working with military personnel
Cons
Needed higher salary
Fun
Intern (Current Employee) –  Pentagon, VAApril 15, 2015
It is great working at the Pentagon. As an intern there are a lot of great opportunities to learn and meet a lot of people. Unlike other internships I have done at this internship I am able to get hands on experience that will help me in future jobs.
Challenging environment
Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2015
A daunting organization to be apart of - slow moving bureaucracy can make small challenges seem bigger. A plethora of resources in the building to maintain a high quality of life - gym, food court, pharmacy, etc.
Great opportunities if you make them
SENIOR TV PRODUCER & CHIEF OF MEDIA TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Pentagon Washington DCFebruary 12, 2015
A great place to see and participate in history. I learned much about the craft of communications and about mentoring and managing people. The hardest parts of the job were also the most enjoyable--working with people to create subjective methods of objective reality.
Metro accessible
eFIC Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 3, 2015
working at the Pentagon was very interesting. The co-workers were very helpful and informative. I learned a lot in this position.
Pros
Metro accessible
Cons
Long commute
Top notch co-workers
Joint Staff (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2014
Arguably the best military staff in the world, quality people across the board. Wide variety of diverse issues a daily occurance, challenging problems with exceptionally tight suspenses.
Business as usual
Warehouseman, Office of the Secretary of Defense (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work consist of us going to receiving and distributing packages throughout the building.
Usaf
MANAGEMENT ANALYST/CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT (CSS) (Former Employee) –  Bolling AFB, DCNovember 24, 2014
My job was very demanding and rewarding because I support customers all over the world to support the military and government with departmental publishing. Supported all callers and employees within the Departmental Publishing Office incoming and outgoing.
Outstanding place of employment
Aviation Spares Program and Policy Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 8, 2014
A typical day includes all of the financial and logistics work required to support Navy spares to the Fleet.
Pros
Loyalty; quality of comrades; and quality of work environment.
United States Navy
Office of Budget and Reports (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
After a 20 year career in the US Navy, I was well prepared as I started my second career as a federal government employee. The Navy taught me the work ethic and dependability qualities employers are searching for. My managment and workers were just as dedicated and hardworking as I was. The hardest part about being in the Navy was leaving family behind and the best part was returning home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentagon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6