Pentagon Employee Reviews

productive and fun olace to work
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20301November 18, 2017
All levels of management were very supportive and helpful.I appreciated the work environment and especially how our team meetings would take place out of the office and in the food court. This provided a relaxing place to open up and talk naturally with managers, supervisors and coworkers.
Pros
Worked well as a team
Cons
some work required overtime
High paced political job!
Executive Officer to The AF Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2017
Worked in the USAF environmental program, then as the top engineer in the USAF as Executive Officer, responsible for all aspect of a 2-star General to include all career Colonels assignments, assignments to the Pentagon staff, all correspondence and evaluations, etc.
Fast Pace
NCOIC Sec Def Mee (Former Employee) –  OSDOctober 17, 2017
The Pentagon is a city within a city. A very different experience from any other assignment. However, it was one of my most rewarding assignments. A great experience for my final assignment in the Army.
Pros
Never a dull day.
Cons
Parking and traffic
Required to put something
Technical Program Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2017
This was a required block. The location was a privilege to be allowed to work in and for, but reviewing this location is absolutely the most annoying thing a web based career search website has asked me to do to continue my search for a location not in the busiest city in the western hemisphere. If you want a challenge and can pass the screening requirements, you would be lucky to hold a position here. I'm just not a big city type anymore.
Hard place to work back stabbing
Chief messaging Branch (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2017
not a goon call all the time od place to work lots of backstabbing,
( don't no what to say) long hours night call ins
so here goys hhhh

whao know what they want I don't.
Pros
Not a good place to work
Cons
not a bad experance
Very Professional work place
JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23511July 30, 2017
Great experience working with J3. The job skills are varied and you can learn a lot from the team. Hours are flexible and no micro managing. You are given assigned worked and left to complete on on your own. No Supervisor to review work because you are trusted to produce quality work.
Pros
non
Cons
Hour lunches
Unique
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2017
Meet many important people. opportunities everywhere you look. Many resources. Learned something new everyday. Multi-tasking and critical thinking was crucial.
Huge Honor working with military men and women
Lead Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2017
A very busy and serious place to work. All our militaries are at the Pentagon, to include Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines. The culture was a very secured environment. Had to have security clearances and badges to enter The Pentagon and other offices within the Pentagon. Environment was positive and everyone was alway helpful when office issues arose.
Pros
Location of the Pentagon and surroundings
Cons
Traffic and time spent on road
Air Force Position
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2017
Active Duty Air Force Position, where you work and support the Air Staff. The position had varies duties in Information Technology and Communication Security.
fun
Medical Operations Planner/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2017
Staff were very friendly and knowledgable. The environment was clean and conducive to patient care. I leaned a lot working here. I would reccomend them.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Difficult and unrewarded position
Strategic Advisor - US Army (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2017
Did not excel at position, mentorship was not there and promotion was not available, position was long hours with minimal support or rewards for the work you performed.
Productive place to work.
Executive Officer- Chief National Guard Bureau (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2017
Able to discuss issues of a global nature and achieve probable solution that pertain to society as a whole. Was able to see the bigger picture and how the most minute of contribution may assist a community.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Opinionated people
janitor
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 1, 2017
My work place was upscale and a pistuve environment and the staff had a positive attitude and a comfortable vibes and I always was on time
benefits
Cons
shorter breaka
SupplyTechnician/Truck Driver,Joint Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2016
Great place to work been here years. Good atmosphere good people and it's always busy. There are multiple networking possibilities with so many different contractors in the building.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Renovations
Very pleasant atmosphere to work in, the people are nice.
Maintenance Technician Aramark Corp. (Pentagon) (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 23, 2016
The work was challenging but pleasing. The staff was very easy to work with. Management was very pleasant to work for. Parking was not easy and there was plenty of security.
Pros
$10.00 per day meal allowance
Cons
Building was very large.
Army Sustainable Readiness Program Manager
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2016
- Great enterprise level exposure and an opportunity to attempt to solve really challenging Army problems.
- Fascinating to engage the entire Army community to try to bring about sustainable change
Executive Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 27, 2016
Early Start of the day worked Mon thru Friday commute was a bit tough. I loved working here because it is part of the Department of homeland security.
Typical Military Tactical, Operational and Strategic Daily Operations
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCSeptember 1, 2016
Worked irregular hours, and the work is monotonous and tedious as lower level jobs in the Pentagon tend to be.

Everything is on a short timeline regardless of how insignificant it appears to be.
Pros
Great situational awareness of everything going on
Cons
I cannot remember ever thinking how little my opinion/contributions ever mattered than I did here
Great place to work.
Reserve Component Advisor J8 (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2016
Self starter, great group of co-workers. Great place to have the opportunity to make decisions that will affect not only the current joint force but the force of the future. The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with a group of professionals that as a group want to make a difference.
Pros
Strategic thinking
Cons
No windows
A great place to work
Advanced Systems Development (ASD) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 29, 2016
It is a tremendous honor to work here. I met a lot of great people, networked, and will keep in touch with many people I met. I would recommend working here to everyone, if given the opportunity,