Pentagon

Pentagon Employee Reviews

Fun
Intern (Current Employee), Pentagon, VAApril 15, 2015
It is great working at the Pentagon. As an intern there are a lot of great opportunities to learn and meet a lot of people. Unlike other internships I have done at this internship I am able to get hands on experience that will help me in future jobs.
Challenging environment
Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 16, 2015
A daunting organization to be apart of - slow moving bureaucracy can make small challenges seem bigger. A plethora of resources in the building to maintain a high quality of life - gym, food court, pharmacy, etc.
Great opportunities if you make them
SENIOR TV PRODUCER & CHIEF OF MEDIA TRAINING (Former Employee), Pentagon Washington DCFebruary 12, 2015
A great place to see and participate in history. I learned much about the craft of communications and about mentoring and managing people. The hardest parts of the job were also the most enjoyable--working with people to create subjective methods of objective reality.
Top notch co-workers
Joint Staff (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 29, 2014
Arguably the best military staff in the world, quality people across the board. Wide variety of diverse issues a daily occurance, challenging problems with exceptionally tight suspenses.
Business as usual
Warehouseman, Office of the Secretary of Defense (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work consist of us going to receiving and distributing packages throughout the building.
USAF
MANAGEMENT ANALYST/CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT (CSS) (Former Employee), Bolling AFB, DCNovember 24, 2014
My job was very demanding and rewarding because I support customers all over the world to support the military and government with departmental publishing. Supported all callers and employees within the Departmental Publishing Office incoming and outgoing.
Outstanding place of employment
Aviation Spares Program and Policy Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 8, 2014
Pros: loyalty; quality of comrades; and quality of work environment.
A typical day includes all of the financial and logistics work required to support Navy spares to the Fleet.
United States Navy
Office of Budget and Reports (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
After a 20 year career in the US Navy, I was well prepared as I started my second career as a federal government employee. The Navy taught me the work ethic and dependability qualities employers are searching for. My managment and workers were just as dedicated and hardworking as I was. The hardest part about being in the Navy was leaving family behind and the best part was returning home.
Workplace
Information Systems Security Officer (Former Employee), PentagonAugust 21, 2014
Great culture and work environment. Encouraged to take on additional tasks if requested and encouraged to grow in any given area.
Wonderful work opportunity
EA to the Director of Net Assessment (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: commute/salary/work environment
Cons: none!
I loved working at the Pentagon! I'd still be there if it were not for the sequestration. I can only hope my next job is as rewarding.
The most rewarding assignment ever
Executive Secretary/Security Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 8, 2014
This was the best work environment I had been in. The people, location, and networking were great
Family oriented
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: staff not as understanding
Being able to telework was such a blessing with having small children. And working here allowed me to work and take care of family.
Experience in the Beltway
JOINT DOCTRINE STRATEGIC PLANNER (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2014
Proud Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and government civilians serving a great nation!
Large company, long hours, great achievements
Senior Event Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2014
There is no typical day at the Pentagon. The work is meaningful, the hours are long, the pay is decent, and the rewards are great.
Superb workplace
Executive 1 - Engineering Change Management (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 22, 2013
Expert in leading, training, coaching, mentoring, and growing teams of 5 – 18 direct reports and sales professionals, 20-35 person implementation teams and road warriors, leading global organizations of between 70 – 1,700 people, and business unit P&L $36M. Big wins are $200 million and $400 million single awards; support corporate growth to the $540 million annual revenue level, add-on revenue between $65M - $179M annually. Selling enterprise IT system implementations and upgrades (including cloud computing – PaaS, SaaS; cyber security; managed services, ITSM and SDLC, IT operations and maintenance, and applications hosting. Coach and develop global sales teams to implement strategy based on customer requirements, developing sales team skills in high performance and high probability sales, client business value propositions, and results (revenue, growth, locations, headcount, mature sales teams). Effective management of sales goals and quotas, predictable revenue, and cost control. Accurate and dependable revenue projections across multiple business units and lines of business. Effectively communicate and set performance expectations to sales teams accountable for performance and results. Manage sales team business expectations, providing weekly, monthly, and quarterly feedback to executive management on customer issues, market trends, and business challenges. Feedback to peer executives on customer relationship management, customer requirements, competitive landscape, and marketplace dynamics. Personal involvement in account and transaction management to optimize value delivery and ensure knowledge transfer to sales teams and account managers.
Dream Job
Office of Deputy Chief of Staff (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great enviroment, great people, great area
I loved this job with a passion. Office work that was coming in non-stop. Conducting meetings and running a program to my liking was a dream.
Nice and friendly place to work
IT Specialist (Current Employee), ArlingtonNovember 14, 2013
Learn a lot, meet a lot of high ranking people establishe strong work related relationship with personels/customers.
DoD culture
Senior Program Analyst/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2013
Great place to learn and explore different facets of DoD. Opportunies for unilateral growth and advancement. Very knowledgible and professional co-workers and management.
Team Worker
Special Events Administrator/Administrative (Former Employee), Largo, MDOctober 26, 2013
I no longer work there at the Pentagon.

While working at the Pentagon I was able to utilize my my skills as a Specia Event Coordinator and Administrative Assistant in a daily professional setting. I answered phones provided clerical assistant to staff and a daily upkeep on several spreadsheets.
A very enjoyable work location
CI Special Agent (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: dc commute
This one my most rewarding assignment in AFOSI. A very dynamic environment with many new challenges each day. Had a fantastic group of coworkers which made our office productive and fun.