Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

not a good -place to work
Senior Quality Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMarch 21, 2017
not a company you want to work for . they don't treat people with respect . management and HR Do not care about you .
process a broken . equipment a broken . change in the management very often . you can expect to get fired anytime for no reason . there is not a job security . black people you don't have a chance there .
Don't work at Pentair
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 19, 2017
Pentair is laying people off and getting rid of benefits. I wouldn't work there. There aren't any avenues of advancement and you are given too much work for too little pay.
I enjoyed working with the people there
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 13, 2017
My job was always changing through the years. I always had a lot of variety which made the days go my quickly. I enjoyed the benefits offered, and paid vacation, and well as the challenges of learning no job duties.
Terrible management.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNMarch 11, 2017
Company only interested in making profits at all cost , while taking away monthly safety dinners and bonuses all in order to save [make] more spending less. While people working at McDonalds are making higher wages.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Management is the worst, Lunch is only 20 minutes, work in over 100 degree conditions all summer.
good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMarch 11, 2017
was a good place to work,good benefits,good training and had some good upper management. sorry that the plant is closing. had great safety meals and good employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Executive Leadership not trust worthy
Operations Site Leader (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMarch 7, 2017
Company doesn't understand balance of work life and only cares about making the numbers at all cost. They drive the financial expectation to hard and not keep in mind the human side of things.
Fast Pace Enviroment
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 3, 2017
Customer Service oriented with a win right policy. A great place overall depending on the task you enjoy doing for employment. My Technical Support job consisted of trouble shooting issues with customers and filing warranty claims.
Liked the guys i worked with and the work i did.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYFebruary 28, 2017
Job moved to Mexico to save money. I liked the guys I worked with and I liked the work I did. I was always doing something different each day.
Pros
Made good money and was close to home
Cons
The management
good place
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 27, 2017
Enjoyed working with valves daily, I learned much about the industry, I would have loved to stay with the compay, they were bought out nd I made a iddferent paht
Strong culture and good people. Leadership is activly involved on the shop floor.
Lean Leader (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNFebruary 23, 2017
The company is great in general, they have very good benefits and do a lot for their employees. Strong lean background with internal growth opportunities.
Pros
Great people
Cons
can get lost in the crowd

Want to know more about Pentair, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great relationships
Pricing/Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 19, 2017
Great opportunity for collaborating with bright minds on extremely challenging work. Industry leader in water quality and purification. Little red tape and offficd politics.
Great Place
Production Lead/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work great team concept and safety first environment. Great benefits and room for advancement. Innovative and competitive wage company.
Benefits
Cons
Warehouse climate
was not there long.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 9, 2017
I did not stay at this job that,but for the time that i was there i did not like it,The management was not very nice.The job was not very hard just alot of it,everything was so rush,rush,when that happened you get alot of mistakes.
Great Atmsophere
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILFebruary 7, 2017
The people are great. its just sometimes in a corporate atmosphere people tend to be "robots". Lots of internal growth. Lots of plans to fix problems just needs to go forward with them and stick to it. :)
Productive Enviornment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYFebruary 6, 2017
A very busy, productive environment. The workplace culture was organized and management was up to par. Work was enjoyable.
Good compensation, relaxed work environment willing to teach entry level workers
Electrical Helper (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Pentair was a good job for me to begin an entry level position. I learned a lot and overcame obstacles that I had doubt in. The culture of the work place was relaxing.
Great Place to Work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Pentair is an International Corporation with a very diverse group of people to learn from.

Days were usually very busy -- making calls, opening new accounts, assisting sales personnel and the customers. I did the majority of training new personnel.

Customer service was my favorite part of the job; making sure that the customers received proper credits or answers to questions.

I went through 2 acquisitions while there and assisted with gathering information for the acquisitions.

I assisted in year-end audits also gathering information for the auditors.

I would not have resigned if I had not relocated from Houston to Chicago.
Pros
Flexible Schedule; the ability to work from home during bad weather or when not feeling well
Cons
My commute was 70 miles round trip
Poor Leadership
Material Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 23, 2017
Leadership operated from a culture of fear. This attitude trickled through the organization. Not a culture that fostered growth.
Very unorganized large management turnover
Mechanical Design Drafter (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNJanuary 23, 2017
Anoka, MN plant
Very stressful work environment.
Learned to keep quite about anything you see wrong.
Great coworkers but real bad management.
Hardest part is seeing good employees let go and keeping bad ones.
Very low wages for experienced employees good for beginner don't stop looking for a better job.
75 percent of production from Anoka plant in MN is now in Mexico.
Would love to see NAFTA repealed and make Pentair pay for all the people who lost tier jobs.
Pros
Good place for a beginner to start out.
Cons
Bad place to stay if you have experience
Learning new skills on the job
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNJanuary 21, 2017
Was able to excel myself in so many different areas from fabrication to powder coating to sales and managing the shipping and receiving aspect of the business.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
short break intervals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentair, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.