Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

Materials Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYAugust 15, 2017
The job was great but moved to Mexico. The work place was excellent and the people was great to work with. Everybody helped when needed. I would rate awesome place to work.
Operations issues with lack of support from upper management
Inside Service Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNAugust 14, 2017
The company runs too lean. Upper management does not backfill positions, causing overworked employees. It was once a great company and I'm hoping they can recover. Employee retention and opinions are currently not their concern.
Love it
Quality Testing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2017
Great company with great people and great benefits. I loved my time there and the opportunities that they provided to advance my career. Unfortunately, they moved the manufacturing plant to Mexico.
Good Company to work for
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
Work load and compensation are fair. Good people to work with. May work over the weekend for closing if you are in accounting group; however, you will have a half day off on Friday after closed to compensate for the time that you worked over the weekend.
play bags for Charity
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILAugust 7, 2017
Answer phone E-mails, print incoming orders check
I learned how process orders/credits.
request on lead times.'
culture is to please customer
satisfaction helping custome
Pros
Holiday free lunches
Cons
need better dental coverage
Fork lift operatior (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work. Loved the people and and great benefits. Great meals for worker appreciation. Wish it could have stayed here Kentucky. Lots of great people lost their jobs.
Productive, all around concrete career
General Laborer/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 4, 2017
Pentair Filtration Incorporated is a very concrete job as far as Guarantee hours (with mandatory overtime), great benefits (Healthcare, Dental, 401K, and payed vacation). The only downside is there is not much room for advancement, and a lot of the people you would be working with are active substance users that sometimes affect performance.
Pros
Benefits, Slow Paced
Cons
Short Breaks, Human Resources
Different company now
SOURCING PROJECT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 4, 2017
Hard to review now that they have sold off their valves and controls business, currently going through a downsizing and restructuring for their core values.
Great pay
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 3, 2017
Pentair is a great place to work. The employees are paid well and have good benefits, therefore they are good employees. For being a factory it is a very clean place.
Unproductive
Material Handler II / Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 2, 2017
Not a good place to work constant downsizing ,very high turn over low pay Managers leave not the kind of company that can go completely lean due to nature of the business not much lease ship
Not bad
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Lagrangeville, NYJuly 31, 2017
Not bad place at all good people work with very organized the cleanest welding shop ever seen 5s is a great strategy I would recommend this place to friends
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Slow raises
Don't work here if you want a life
Sales Manager - West (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJuly 27, 2017
Only good thing is the pay and benefits. Company is disorganized and has no clear path. All about making share holders happy. Outdated technology and high turnover.
over all enjoyed the comany
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 26, 2017
as with a warehouse very fast paced
learned about pressure valves
management was always changing
friendly coworkers
hardest part was moving out to the warehouse and having to pick up heavy part to search for numbers on parts
enjoyed the coworkers
Pros
easy job
Cons
lifting heavy parts
Great place to work; area is just not for me though
Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 25, 2017
I've learned quite a bit, typical day is reasonably stressful & always busy, I am the lead engineer on site & manage an entire machine shop, but my manager is fantastic, the culture is comfortable & gives a feeling of home (you feel apart of the fam), hardest part of the job is dealing with people who don't want to learn or continue to screw things up & refuse to change.
Large disjointed company
Western Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2017
Very little Research and Development with very few innovative new products.
Products are primarily purchased from overseas vendors and rebranded.

FAr too many people in charge that seem to be out of touch with real market demands.

Many divisions that do not engage with one another.
Reacts to Wall Street expectations instead of what the market needs are.
Pros
Global reach Good benefits
Cons
Poor company culture and oiut of o touch corporate management
Pentair was a good place to work
Maintenace lead technician (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, KYJuly 20, 2017
Typical factory setting and environment, like a lot of other companies its moving to Mexico to make more money. I would have liked to finish my work career there but that didn't happen.
Great company
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIJuly 14, 2017
Working as their Senior Graphic Designer, covering the creative services for all the GBU's, I enjoyed my time their very much. My co-workers were all excellent and my boss was awesome to work for. He allowed me to expand the MarCom department in ways that were previously not considered.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Pentair is a Good place to work.
Customer Service and Modified Order coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYJuly 10, 2017
In my experience Pentair is a good place to work. They are interested in the balance of home and work. I would have stayed and retired from the company. Our Business Unit was relocated.
Working at pentair
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYJuly 6, 2017
I worked first shift as a welder. I was trained on the job to weld. Management was typical, it had its positive and negatives. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and the hardest part was working in the heat with apron, helmet, and weld gloves in an enclosed area. The pay was great just sad to see the place shut down.
Pros
Pay, Health insurance
Cons
Heat, Negative people
Great place to wok
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYJuly 4, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of going in, sitting up the dock and trailers, loading the trailers, then manifesting and filling out the BOL's for the drivers. I learned a lot from Pentair, and will take what I learned from LEAN, and other work ethics with me. The management have always been fair with me, and I appreciate them. The culture there is good for the most part, you have a few people that complain, but that is anywhere. The hardest part of the job was dealing with panels, unloading them from the cart was hard on your back. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, everyone tried to have a good time, and make the best of a days work.
Pros
Free meals once a month
Cons
no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentair, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.