Pentec Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great coworkers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJune 14, 2016
I was so excited when I first got to this company being fresh out of school! I used to brag about retiring from this company 40 years from the day I started, but the old manager of pharmacy left and reality slowly sunk in. It should say opportunity for advancement for the people who the manager likes. So much favoritism in renal it's sad! It's not about how well you do your job but what counts is who you are friends with. If you have your own opinion about things you are labeled as negative. We are in a clean room for 7 hours out of a day with minimal breaks not to mention they do not want you to talk unless you are one of managements favorite. People who express thier opinions to management get written up, so much for open door policy? You are definitely not allowed to be yourself at this company or at least in renal. I've seen pharmacist lie on people just to get them in trouble with management especially if they are having a bad day, misery loves company. I'd have to say my coworkers are what makes it worth getting out of bed in the morning to go to a place that does not care if you have no errors they will promote who they like even of the person has an error every month. They hire friends of friends, you don't even have to have any experience in pharmacy if you have a friend there you will be hired. Overworked and under appreciated is what you get when you come to pentec health. I know people need jobs and I'm grateful I have one but all I've seen in the last 2 years at this company I won't be here much longer. And don't get me started on how they treat the older techs  more... the people who have paved the way and helped this company become what it is today are often pushed out once they reach a certain age (smh). I hope the CEO reads this maybe something can be done to make things go back yo the great company that it once was.  less
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short breaks, management, favoritism
Pentec health
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJune 13, 2016
My work experience at Pentec Health. I get along WELL with my peers, Management team are young inexperienced individuals who haven't had proper training. They promote based on popularity and not fairness of seniority. They have no compassion for the veterans and they basically want you to work and DO NOT want any feedback or ideas. Never in my 20 years of working have I experienced this kind of work atmosphere.
Pros
GREAT PEERS TO WORK WITH!
Cons
MANAGEMENT NEEDS PROPER TRAINING
High hopes - very disappointed
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMay 11, 2016
Horrible management of the mass pharmacy. Must be in with the boss to get recognition. Favoritism and unethical behavior abound. HR does not back employees, when issues arise. Manager/Director of pharmacy in the mass pharmacy is totally narcissistic and bi-polar. Very hostile environment. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there or access thier services.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Culture and management
Great Company
IV Prep Technician (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAMarch 8, 2016
In the two years that I have been with the company it has expanded greatly. The workload is not overbearing but still keeps one busy throughout the day. Management is understanding of employees schedule and hold each employee accountable. I love the people but not to fond of some of the procedures which seem counter productive
Love this company
Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJuly 27, 2015
Alot of work not alot of communication from lower management or follow thru. But everything else is great. Low pay, hard to move around unless you in with the management team then you get the help.
High hopes...disappointed.
RN (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 24, 2015
Brought on board with a "family-like atmosphere" promised and told it would be my "best job ever", and that they "worked with their nurses..and took the time and patience needed to help you be successful"....but that's not what happened. The first few weeks were great . I loved the patients and the work and worked hard both at work and documenting in the EMR after going home. Nine weeks into orientation I was told I "wasn't where I should be in orientation" with no further explanation. I felt like every day I was taking a major exam, fearful to make any mistakes or fail ( lose my job) and was even put on "a plan" while still on orientation. (Didn't know that was even possible!) One of my preceptors was very critical and controlling and the learning environment became so stressful I started dreading going to work. I've been an RN for many years, most of those years in ER, OR and Patient Education but never experienced anything quite like this.
Pros
Good pay and company benefits.
Cons
Stressful learning environment; No structure in orientation for you to know where you stand.
Excellent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJanuary 28, 2015
This corporation is fastly growing with the promise of job stability. The employee morale and culture here is something that you don't see much these days. There are always employee luncheons, parties, and gifts given throughout the year. This corporation has a plethora of venues for career growth whether it be hands on pharmacy jobs or administrative.
Unhappy Former Employee
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PADecember 30, 2014
Worked with the company for a short time. They talked about the positiveness and support the company offers, however it severely lacked during the later half of the orientation period. They expect you to know everything right of the jump. But frowned upon you if you did not get it right the first time. No personal support. I had high hopes for the company but became very disappointed.
Pros
flexibility with schedule
Cons
non-supportive management staff
My most satisfying employment since hospital pharmacy.
Manager of Pharmacy Operations (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PASeptember 23, 2014
Work environment was demanding and exciting yet enjoyable. Technical staff was supportive and greatly appreciated. Physician, patients, nursing clinical interaction was professionally satisfying. Salary and management advancement was available and encouraged. Hiring of new manager created difficulties from previous work history. Unresolvable personality conflicts.
Pros
very desirable working conditions and chance for advancement.
Cons
recruitment of new manager causing unacceptable working envirement.
Worst job I ever had!
insurance coordinator (Former Employee) –  boothwyn, paJuly 22, 2014
This job was the worst. The supervisor did not want to train you how to do your job correctly, she was unavailable to me for questions and would get annoyed when I asked her one. She was too busy socializing with other employees. My first few weeks I literally sat for hours waiting on someone to give me directions on what to do. Other department managers seemed to be professional however insurance department not at all. Very unreal expectations after they don't train you they want your to learn the job while sitting with someone for an hour. The lead insurance coordinator talked down to me and other employees, was belittling and at times ignorant. Going to Hr is frowned upon in this "open door" environment. Do not recommend this place unless you can take lots of stress in your life. I asked for more training this was denied by my supervisor. Very hush hush environment.
Pros
none that i experienced in two months there.
Cons
lack of training to perform your job, poor management.
Great company with great employees!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJune 23, 2014
Management as well as co-workers are great to work with.
It feels good at the end of the day that you've helped people with serious health problems
A company that really cares about their staff and offers a great work environment.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eastern USMay 5, 2014
As a health care provider, I am very satisfied with my job at Pentec. The company cares about the patients as much as they do their staff. The company always strives to be the best and allow its providers to give top-notch care to the patients. Educational updates is provided often and continuing education is always encouraged. The management team is large, but very successful in achieving goals! The hardest part is when a patient passess...the best... is knowing I was able to help them improve their life and provide comfort.
Pros
great salary, felxible schedule.
Cons
computer system / documentation
best place i ever worked
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PANovember 8, 2012
Pentec Health was the best place i ever worked. i wish i had never left. it was like one big family, we had fun but took care of business.
Pros
owner always giving away prizes, tickets to sporting events, awesome christmas partywith gifts, employees loved each other. management was awesome
Cons
40 mile drive

2.8