Penton Media

Penton Media Employer Reviews

Great people, not so great pay
Account Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch occasionally, work from home options, great people, very communal, lots of learning opportunities
Cons: no 401k match, benefits could be better, management changes company goals often
Penton is truthfully a great company to work for. When I was hired, everyone said the people would be the best part of job...well they were right, it's really the people that have kept me here. The company is filled with sharp, smart editors, sales reps, project managers and creatives who come from really varied backgrounds. That makes the days interesting – more... and diverse.

Overall, I would recommend this company to any entry-level candidate looking to break in to the world of publishing/information services. The best part of the job is interacting with others and working hard to provide excellent customer service. The tough part is dealing with management and their constantly changing objectives, which make it tough to feel certain about the company's future. Also there really aren't career paths here, so once you're hired for a position you will likely work that position until you leave the company. – less
It was a short 3 month job until I found a better one.
Circulation Department Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good location in downtown
Cons: no challenge
Update subscribers information on computer. Help with yearly audit by pulling records from warehouse.
Good company to work for while it lasted....
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 27, 2013
Pros: end users appreciated their it staff.
Company was bought out by a bigger company and mass layoffs insued. Good people to work with, knowledgable IT management, and knowledgable IT staff.
1980's style management, quiet workplace, little chance of advancement and low pay.
Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 17, 2013
Pros: affordable insurance and decent vacation and sick time
Cons: authoritarian management style, no transparencey from the top, no recognition, small--if any raises, pays 20% less than industry standard
Worked here formerly and everyone that remains is miserable. Too many vendor systems do not operate properly and nobody up top wants to hear about it. Clients are the ones that take it on the chin.

Too many careless drones plodding away just waiting out the days until they retire. I was able to advance to a certain point just for having a little ambition – more... and a brain, but was eliminated when I asked for more responsibility and started trying to solve problems.

They allowed me to start my career, but would not recommend working here unless it is your very last option before flipping burgers or squeezing coffee for the masses. – less
Advertise
Assistant Conference Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2012
potential sponsors and attendees for Restaurant
Hospitality Magazine.
Sad
Web Content Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2012
Bad management and low pay. An office full of older workers playing it safe, slow and dumb until retirement.
Positive Work Experience
Marketing Specialist-Aviation Division (Former Employee), Overland ParkMay 30, 2012
Great work enviornment. I left the company early due to a family illness and now that we are back on track, I would go back their in a heartbeat if a position was available for my qualifications.