Penton Employee Reviews

Run
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2017
Easy interview, but team lacks focus; management in disarray; the work environment is literally dirty where I had to bring my own cleaning supplies, because they had none. If the most disorganized and down right horribly labeled. Literally looked like someone's bedroom not a office space.
Pros
Cons
All listed
Low turnover should say something
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2017
The average tenure of employees here is well over 10 years. Of course there are areas where it's a little higher and you have some job hoppers but the medical, dental and vision benefits are in line with other companies I've worked for as far as cost. Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time. (All banked separately.) And great managers that are flexible as long as employees respect the business needs.
Overall good place to work
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 5, 2016
Penton is great at teaching new things and allowing you to grow. The main draw back is the amount of work every has which allows no time for collaboration or team building.
Pros
Flex schedule in most departments
Cons
No 401K
Work Hard- Remote or Onsite
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2016
Penton is in the midst of it's second staggering transition from print B2B publisher to provider of digital insights on industries. Very top down organizational style, nothing of importance gets done without executive backing. This makes innovation extremely difficult.
Pros
Flexible and supportive of working remotely
Cons
Prioritize Profit Margin over all else
No real room for advancement, poor managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
There was no real room for advancement, management was very poor, they didn't seem to know where they wanted to go with the company.
Small Company Feel...Not a lot of security
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 21, 2014
I have worked here for almost a year now. I really enjoy the people I work with. The company itself doesnt seem stable. Everyone seems to be in constant fear of losing their jobs. The benefits are AMAZING! I pay very little out of pocket for my health expenses, so that has helped balance out the negatives I've seen.