Develops policy, directs and coordinates all human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, payroll and training for the credit unions headquarters and 8 branches, by performing duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Will also review and maintain knowledge of compliance laws and regulations ensuring that the credit union is in compliance with NCUA. Suggests policy changes to executive management that will facilitate the credit unions compliance program and disseminates information regarding laws and regulations to various credit union departments.
BA degree in HR Management or related field required.
Experience and Skill Requirements
Must have a minimum of five years progressive HR experience. Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills required. Experience with banking compliance a plus.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations. Maintain knowledge of industry trends, current practices, new HR developments and confer with legal counsel as needed to ensure ongoing compliance with federal and state laws.
- Provide consultation and guidance in HR matters to all levels of staff, including executive management.
- Oversee recruitment, orientation and training for all employees.
- Conducts regular reviews of the HR processes, practices and policies and make or recommend changes where warranted. Update policies.
- Manage all employee benefit programs, including reviewing current and proposed plan designs
- Oversee performance review process.
- Develop strategies for creating an environment that fosters creativity, teamwork, cross-selling and increased motivation of staff.
- Reviews credit union’s salary program. Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation strategy and policy to ensure the recruitment, development, and retention of credit union employees.
- Periodically travel to each branch office to resolve issues and foster positive employee relations.
- Manage 401k and pension plan.
- Oversee payroll function.
We offer outstanding benefits, including 401k match, medical/dental, life, Long Term Care, LTD, generous time off and an excellent work environment!
Send resume which must include salary requirement.