People's Care Employee Reviews

Loved working with disabled adults
Instructor/Coach (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Typical day was picking up participants from home and spending the day with them. Worst part of the day was finding things to do, best part was learning from them.
Cons
No Breaks
Too many places
no comment (Former Employee) –  no commentFebruary 3, 2018
Too many places are just like this. Poor communication, not responsible training, pay was low, coworkers inappropriate and pretending to work..blah blah blah
I would not...
Corporate Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Unfortunately I could not recommend this company. Most of the upper management have their own hidden agendas that benefit's themselves. Employee morale is down. And the owners encourage this game playing...
Pros
not sure what it is
Cons
Hidden agendas
Overall good company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 4, 2017
Every day is different. Management has pros and cons. No work ethics. Hardest part of the job has to be working with other staff without supervision in certain settings. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and seeing as well as supporting them to hit milestones.
Pros
Safety Lottery Incentive Program, 401K
Cons
Stressful
Depends on individual's
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Fillmore, CANovember 4, 2017
No raises at all, too much verbal abuse . Management is horrible including house lead. They make you work double shifts alone with 2 to 3 clients. No breaks
Pros
Ot
Cons
Low pay, no breaks
Great work environment, managers/supervisors
Assistant Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
I have been working with the company for 3 years at the San Diego office and have been promoted three times since. My supervisors inspired and encouraged me to develop my career by providing training and support from the very beginning of my employment. In addition, as I completed my master's program while I worked, my supervisors not only went out of their way to provide supervision hours but worked with me to arrange my caseload so that I had the flexibility to complete my studies.
The supervisors and managers are always keen to hear feedback and implement changes and/or modify procedures accordingly and cooperate managers are available whenever assistance is needed.
Even though we work individually for the most part, there is a strong team environment and therapists and supervisors alike can reach out to their coworkers to obtain support in whichever way they like.
Pros
Strong team environment
Fast Paced
Supported Living Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 1, 2017
I love what I do. The staff and the individuals make it fun to come to work daily. It's never the same day every day. Around the holidays they all get together like there family, it's very warming.
Pros
Everyone is friendly.
Cons
It is hard at times to balance your work while your on call all the time.
Focus on professional growth
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2017
I started at PCBH as a behavior therapist almost three years ago and have since been promoted twice through the completion of my education and shortly after receiving my BACB certification as a Behavior Analyst. I have always felt supported, encouraged to build on my strengths. I enjoy the nature of the work as it is equally challenging and fun. I have worked very hard, been very loyal and dedicated to what I do on a daily basis and I feel that I my efforts have not gone unnoticed. I enjoy being part of a team that is not stagnant but it focused on growth and new opportunities.
Great Place
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2017
This has been a fantastic place to work. Management is always available when you have a question and corporate staff are generally flexible to make changes when a better solution is available. The clients are wonderful to work with and the company culture has grown over the last few years.
Pros
Great management team
Fun place, fun staff
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 16, 2017
Well organized, great staff to be around. Great individuals to work with and take care of. Scheduling was great, administer understood and listened to every staff

Want to know more about People's Care?

Ask a question
Over worked
Behavior Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 5, 2017
Though I was able to move up and get a promotion as a consultant there was more work for my job that told to me or than I anticipated. I worked 50 hours a week and that felt like I did not put dent in the reports that I had to do. I had to write reports for the current year as well as back reports for 4 years which made it extremely overwhelming. My job was also threatened which made me feel extremely uncomfortable and not supported.
Cut throats with no job security
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
Do not work here, even if it's the last option! They are cut throats and will purposely try to terminate your employment if you do anything to make Management mad. They work you for low wages and don't care about your personal life m. As a member of management I worked no less than 12 hour days and on the weekends.
It’s all a facade
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CASeptember 13, 2017
People's Care have great selling points, but once you're there you will start to uncover what the reality is. Unfortunately, there is no accountability or consequences for managers. The HR department is being led by someone with no experience and no backbone. The family team-centered environment is not real. Everyone is focused on themselves and gossips. Other managers hold some type of secrets over people and are able to get away with whatever they want even when it negatively affects the company and the employees working there. The pay is low for almost everyone except the small few that have "used what they got to get what they want".
Very convenient, able to make own schedule, relaxed work atmosphere
Job Coach/Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 3, 2017
Although i am relocating to vegas, Peoples care was great. They really worked with me, especially during my hardships. The supervisors are very nice, and they will accommodate you asap if you do not meet the hours you would like to work for the week. Whenever i needed the time off, they gave it to me, and i was able to use pto. They do provide good health benefits, the pay rate is poor, but the work atmosphere was so great. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone, especially if you are looking to make your own schedule.
Pros
Able to make own schedule, various departments to work for with job advancement
Cons
Pay rate is low
really stressful
Coach (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 25, 2017
You never knew what your day would be. The day could start slow and calm and less than a blink of an eye some thing happen and it got really stressful.
Very difficult to work for. Never get time off because the scheduling practices are just not what they should be.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 11, 2017
It was like babysitting adults.
Learned ways to help individuals.
Would not want to learn managment skills from this company.
I loved having a relationshio with my individules and seeing them grow into the person people once gave up on.
Work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2017
I love working for People's Care. The pay is well. They are very flexible with you regarding when you are able to be available to work. You can reach all management and the CEO if you need to speak about matters you're concerned about.
Pros
Pay is very decent for the industry type
Cons
can be very unorganized
Good place
Driver & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 7, 2017
Diverse workflow, team atmosphere , some volunteers can be a little frustrating but as part of the job and understanding it can be a great place to grow personal traits .
Pros
Community involvement
Cons
Patient / direct care
Loves to advance and hire from within.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2017
Peoples care is a great company for many reasons. They are constantly growing and has homes everywhere. Upper management needs to validate the Administrators more and the pay should be hirer.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
no 401k, low pay.
caregiver
Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 18, 2017
Take care of adults with disabilities by socializing them in the community and also teaching them life skills. rewarding at times but can become a drag sitting around in the facility
Pros
rewarding
Cons
boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's Care. Our community is ready to answer.