Position Summary: The Clinic Nurse Supervisor collaborates with the medical team to manage and ensure optimum patient care. The Clinic Nurse Supervisor provides leadership and supervision for all medical assistants and clinic nurses. In collaboration with other health professionals and members of the health care team, the Clinic Nurse Supervisor manages the care of People’s Health Center patients. The Clinic Nurse Supervisor provides triage support. The position also contributes to the clinic’s Quality Assurance Plan and other clinically related projects.
1. Supervises the clinic’s medical assistants and nurses, including; hiring, training, orientation, coaching, progressive discipline and performance evaluations.
2. Serves on the PHC team for Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and related activities, and coordinates clinical aspects of these projects.
3. Adheres to medical policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement to the Chief Medical Officer.
4. Assists in clinic with patient care as needed.
5. Provides triage as needed – onsite and over the phone.
6. Assists patients over the phone with medical questions.
7. Addresses and resolves patient-related issues (such as complaints, customer service, etc.)in collaboration with the Operations Director.
8. Assesses and documents competency of medical assistants to act as medications aides for PHC.
9. Provides direction to medical assistants, as needed when providing medications and immunizations to patients.
10. Supervises the Infectious Disease/Disease Control Specialist for the State Community Health Epidemiology project. Assures monthly reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
11. Manages TB reporting, including assuring medication for patients who test positive, required public health reporting, and monitoring and reporting results of new employee and annual employee to PHC Human Resources Director.
12. Monitors abnormal pap smears and assures follow-through for patient return for medical follow-up.
13. Completes ICD-9 documentation for lab as needed.
14. Support the development of case management.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be Registered Nurse (RN)
2. Minimum of 5 years nursing experience
3. 1-2 years experience supervising staff required
4. Experience with electronic medical records preferred
5. Experience with clinically-related administrative duties preferred