People's United Bank Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 18, 2017
The manager at the time, stayed In her office all day with doors closed. Never wanted to help customers or her teller line with anything. I worked at People's Bank from 1999-12/2005, the best managers with excellent leadership and a very positive work environment. Today, they hired younger inexperience managers who cant speak English.
Liked my job, salary was rough
7th floor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 16, 2017
There's a ton of different angles this company can be reviewed from; from the branches to the countless departments in Bridgeport Center. My department was fun, laid back, and had a family like atmosphere. My manager was flexible, reasonable, and treated everyone like adults. That's just my department though. There was three or four different departments just on my side of the floor, so it definitely varies by department. Salary was well below industry standard and the raises and bonuses are a joke. That's a knock on the bank itself though, not the specific department I worked in. Benefits are pretty good and there are plenty of PTO hours available. One thing that's aggravating is the CEO sends out an earnings email every quarter talking about how much more money the bank made compared to the previous quarter and year over year, yet the only people that see a cut of that are the top floor. I learned a ton about the industry my department concentrated on and will absolutely use everything I learned in my next position. Good place to start, but don't count on being there for more than 2-5 years if you want to live somewhat comfortably.
Pros
benefits, work/like balance, atmosphere
Cons
salary, bonuses, top floor
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 13, 2017
Great atmosphere..Able to work with pleasant people who cared about their jobs. Learning various ways to support the customer when they had concerns. troubleshooting, problem solving
Pros
pleasant working atmosphere
Lack of Respect
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTNovember 9, 2017
Management in this location was horrible and treated employees as if he didn't care about them as individuals. The company hired from outside for supervisor positions rather than employees who have been there a while.
Good
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 23, 2017
The management was bad at the branch i was located at. It is stressful when they make you keep up with account opening but it is a good job to start in the business field
A good place to work
SALES AND SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Rockland, NYOctober 23, 2017
This is a customer facing role. The primary responsibility of all branch employees is generate new business for the organization and promote our products and services
Peoples is a great place to work
Sr. Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 20, 2017
Working for peoples is awesome. I met a lot of great people and the customer base is excellent. They do not push sales and they are more about developing the relationship.
Job Advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 18, 2017
This company puts all they have in training in all aspects of the bank. They are great to their customers and their employees. I am very lucky to work in this environment.
Pros
Training
The actual job wasn’t bad
Lockbox Rep (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTOctober 18, 2017
The job itself wasn’t bad.
The upper management was terrible.
You were expected to put in long hours and were only allowed one break no matter how many hours you work.
Pros
Good benefits and you earned PTO time
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, upper management
Structured
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  VermontOctober 18, 2017
Great place to work, Management takes an interest in your career and wants to see you develop. The hardest part of my position is goals tend to be a moving target.
Peoples is a great place to work
Head Teller / Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Nesconset, NYOctober 14, 2017
n/a
Banker IV (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTOctober 10, 2017
Pressure to sell becomes over whelming. Managers are not willing to help. Job is very stressful with little pay. I like having holidays off and every other weekend.
Great
Trust Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Williston, VTOctober 3, 2017
Great Environment, Great co workers, incredible place to start and maintain a career in banking and finance. Would recommend to anyone who has an interest in related fields.
Good regional bank that needs to decide whether it wants to be a large sales organization or serice based
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Putney, VTOctober 2, 2017
The company is attempting to compete with the large national banks but they lack the scale to accomplish it correctly. This leads to over-aggressive sales goals and tactics and a constant revolving door of staff in the local market.
A decent place to work and grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 1, 2017
Most days are busy with plenty to do.
The culture is team oriented, focused.
Career movement is easier, and more speedy and steady for some not all...
Pros
Work life balance is good
Cons
Education benefit could be better
Opportunity to learn different aspects of banking
Market Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 21, 2017
Some branches are in-stores which gives everyone the opportunity to learn all the aspects of banking which increases visibility and the opportunity for advancement.
Decent place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYSeptember 21, 2017
I worked there years ago and I would go back. The hours were good and the branches I worked in were pretty slow and relaxed. I left because I wanted to work closer to home.
Terrible place to work. Dont work for them
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  CTSeptember 17, 2017
Terrible place to work. Constant turnover. Managers stink at their job and don't give a care and they make it known. All this company cares about is sales and making money. They don't really care about the employees. The pay is terrible for everything that is put on you. Breaks are super short and benefits aren't really that great. I don't recommend working at this place. Find another bank to work at that pays you more. The hours are so inconsistent at this bank. You could have to work 10 days straight without a break. Hours are long and 7 days a week they are open.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Poor managment, short breaks, pay
Good bank to work for
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 6, 2017
While they may pay less than other banks your life is considerably easier than others. They always hire within and seem to have more of a family atmosphere.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Pay
ok
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  East Setauket, NYSeptember 6, 2017
ok place to work. Not enough room for advancement. Everyone is a teller and does not give enough time to cultivate your own business because your doing teller transactions.