People's United Bank Employee Reviews

Great Staff, Hours not so great
Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Love the People I work with, the biggest downside is the hours. if you value work life balance this is not the best place to work. The bank depending on location is open 7 days a week and open until 7pm. An average shift will be from 9:30 am to 7:30 pm. if that's not ok with you look elsewhere.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Work /Life balance
Work experience highly depends your manager and business area you work in
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 23, 2017
Lots of change over the past years, especially in senior management. Company in general is more profit focused than people focused.
Wonderful work enviroment.
Banker III (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoy working at peoples united bank, its a very friendly work environment as well as having wonderful customers.

A typical day is fasted paced at times, and your able to interact with a variety of different companies and really get to know your customers.
Not very supportive. Mortgage Depatment in disarray, unorganized no real leadership.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New EnglandJanuary 22, 2017
This bank does not value customers like other banks. Customer Service ranks last.
Mortgage Department does not operate effectively.
Underwriting is absolutely broken.
Would not recommend this bank to any of my friends and relatives.
Pros
Cons
Listed above
Work
Banker I (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 21, 2017
Its a fast paced environment with several objectives and initiatives daily. Excellent communication and direction from management. Mentoring and education is offered, Self development is important to make strides in your career. Growing customer relationships and assisting them to accomplish their objectives is a benefit in itself.
Growing opportunity
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  401 Glen cove rd East hiils, ny 11577January 12, 2017
Great opportunity to learn from my branch manager on all aspects of running an office and sales. Had to learn to run an office efficiently and deal with customers issues with an open mind and compassion.
Management is Awful
Baker IV (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 29, 2016
The bank would not be so bad to work for if it wasn't for the managers they have. Manager is condescending, mico-manages, and does not want to work. The people I work with are great and the benefits are good here, the management just really makes the job awful.
Pub
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2016
Long work day filled with many different types of tasks. Working with customers face to face/by phone. Working with multiple business partners on accounts, loans, private banking, and various other financial aspects all while keeping operational standards consistent. Best part is the day is busy with work and there is never a dull moment. There is not the best management everywhere but in all my locations I never had a problem and for the upper management they run the company very well.
Cons
benefits/salary
Csa
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 21, 2016
a great experience to work in the business world but the management was unapproachable and unorganized. Opportunities to learn were always available.
Too much
Banker (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 14, 2016
Every day it seems like there's something different they want from you as if you didn't have enough to do already. Constant stress and they don't pay well at all.
Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance, and the pay
Nice Atmosphere
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 8, 2016
I worked at People's United Bank for 10 years and the only reason I left the company was because my family and I were relocating to South Carolina. If not for that, I would still be there today. The hardest part of the job for me, as a Customer Service Associate( teller) was the sales pressure.
Branch Manager is not nice
Teller (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTNovember 7, 2016
the bank was a fun place to work. i worked usually 4-6 hours a day. I had every Sunday off. i was able to wear my own clothes. I had to up sell various products and try to sell additional products to new and existing customers.
pressure and fun!
Customer Service Associate - Back Up Leader CSC (Current Employee) –  Fairfield County, CTOctober 29, 2016
Professional, easy going, great Customer service, sales and training! outstanding place to work!
Flexible hours, back office always prompt to help in any matter!
Easy but no advancement
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2016
Easy and relaxed setting, not a career oriented job. There is a branch wide compensation but no personal compensation. You could be the top producer and due to other employees receive nothing for your hard work. Great college job but not a long term career. Loved my co workers, that's about all.
Pros
Cons
Rough hours, limited advancement, quota is impossible
Good
Sr. CSA (Former Employee) –  WinstedOctober 19, 2016
Good place to work for, some branches have a lot of gossip.
Typical day was unlocking vaults. Setting up stations. then just process transactions and open accounts.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Branch Level Managment
professional work environment
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYOctober 11, 2016
A typical day at work would be managing several off-sites location that led to an increase in sales and customer service satisfaction.
Cross-sold bank services and products to a diverse customer base.
Accountable for monthly account production given by manager.
Responsibilities included; sales and preparation of money orders, cashier’s checks, bank to bank wires, savings bonds, travelers checks and certificates of deposit.
We learned team work throughout my duration of working there. Management made it easy to ask questions and for help if need be.
My Co workers were wonderful and great team players.
Hardest part of my job would have to be, not being able to help someone. However the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people with all there needs and wants.
Challenging & Interactive Work Environment
SR. CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHSeptember 15, 2016
The people are great! I have no complaints regarding issues at work and found my immediate managers to be great mentors in my career. Banking just isn't what it used to be anymore and the perks aren't enough to retain knowledgeable employees that knows their worth.
awful place
csa (Current Employee) –  southington ctSeptember 13, 2016
I have a really bad manager that micro manages from her office via email. The little time she does spend out with the rest of the staff she spends pushing us for more and more sales or she is putting us down individually in front of one another. The rest of the staff is ok for the most part we all have our "things about us". We do not work as a team or a unit because of my manager and her push for sales we are out for each others blood.
n/a
Sr. Customer Service Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYSeptember 3, 2016
I would rather not comment on this company. I personally would not recommend anyone to work for this company. If, a person does want to work for them, just be mindful.
Adverse to change by anyone other than people who work in Connecticut
Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 16, 2016
At first the laid back atmosphere was something I valued, quickly that grew old. Senior management doesn't want to hear ideas from anyone who doesn't work in the state of Connecticut. The bank's processes and technology are years behind their peer institutions and any employee coming from a different bank will find that taxing.

What's most frustrating is having senior individuals who have NOTHING to do with a specific department throw their two cents into a process and hold it all up. The training department while full of some great people is in the dark ages due to poor leadership.

The CEO is wonderful but he probably has very little idea how poorly run certain departments are.

Benefits are terrible especially healthcare.

It's not a place for innovative ideas or people who question the status quo.
Cons
Healthcare, Training, Technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People's United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9