People Inc. Employee Reviews

A very rewarding environment.
RN Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 31, 2015
A rewarding environment as far as working for the individuals as needed not enough appropriate training or back up from management for nurses.
Pros
pto time
Fun place to work for
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 11, 2014
Great opportunity of an internship I had at Canisius College. Met a lot of amazing students and staff.
Pros
Working with the students, setting up internhips
taking the residents out
IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYMay 9, 2014
One thing I loved about working for People INC, was the residents. They always made me laugh. I have learned a lot about certain disabilities. I love the management, we all worked as a team. The only hardest part was being mandated.
Pros
taking the residents out and seeing them enjoying themseleves
Cons
the residents acting out.
Relief Counselor
Relief Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day at work would include maintaining the needs of the consumer, by helping, cook, clean, administer medication, take them shopping and maintaining the overall well-being of the consumer.
Pros
Got to take the consumer on outings.
Cons
I like my job.
Productive and a good work place
IRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2013
My typical day at work starts off with me coming into the IRA and reading emails and the communication log. After I do that I then go into the kitchen and then prepare the breakfast for the day or pass the medication to the residents. I assist the residents with any needs they need help with and then wait with them until their transportation come and pick them up to take them off to their work "program". After the residents of the IRA leaves, I typically go about my cleaning duties as a morning IRA Specialist. I clean the IRA's common areas, bathrooms, bedrooms, the staff office, med office and everywhere you can think of. I sometimes run errands when needed as well.

What I have learned from this employment is that just because people have a disability they have the capability of doing anything that someone who does not have a disability can do.

Management at my IRA needs and the office here in Rochester needs improvement. Being a new company to Rochester they are not so much organized.

The hardest part of my job has to be dealing with the behaviors. Its hard to try and persuade someone who is not in a good mood to not throw things or tight other people just because they are mad. Another part of my job that is the hardest is handling people who has Prader–Willi syndrome. Coming into this IRA I had no clue what Prader–Willi syndrome was so to this day it's still kind of difficult to handle someone with it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to do things with them on the weekends. Such as going on outings and watching movies and just seeing them happy
  more... and enjoying life.  less
Pros
Free lunch, going to different things with the residents such as Diseny on Ice and getting paid for it.
Cons
Behaviors, managment
gained alot of much needed skills
file clerk (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 8, 2013
I enjoy the office type job, i like everything about it. and i feel that thats where i fit in the most. This was my first clerical job, and i went in and got the job done, like everything came natural to me.
Pros
awesome job
Cons
only training
If you like working with special needs individuals, this is the place
IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 8, 2013
Working with the individuals was great. They were the reason I stayed as long as I did. But the company doesn't have many incentives to keep you.
Pros
once in a while bounus checks
Cons
hard to advance
fun place to work
Primary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 13, 2012
I worked on a team taking care of individuals with disabilities. I would teach them how to eat,dress,color. I took them out on field trips. Was a great place to work for. The hardest part of the job was getting all the individuals out of their wheel chairs and unto mats,swings or to the bathroom. The most enjoyable part of the job was making an individuals day by just helping them.
Pros
field trips, special lunches
Cons
not enough workers in the classroom
Great Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYAugust 9, 2012
People Inc. is a great organization. I personally did administrative work and learned more knowledge with computer software than the knowledge I had already had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2