People Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  buffalo, nyAugust 26, 2015
Employees and management all spoke badly about each other. In the years I worked there I never received a raise. Benefits were horrible. They say they don't give you raises because of bonuses which they barely give anymore. Management looked down to the aides and spoke horribly about them. Staff was completely rude to each other and rumors started knocking down integrity and morals of the work environment. Documentation was altered by others that were not the original writer. Management allowed others to be harassed by other employees and spoke horrible about each staff member to others. There is no organization at all and the company is only worried about the money they can make. I don't recommend this place at all to people who want to have a positive employment experience.
Pros
Rewarding experience with the patients
Cons
management, pay, benefits
Poor Management.
IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2016
I worked with people inc for almost a year. The Employees were like my family aside from the few that were impossible to get along with. Benefits were decent, pay was average. Management was absolutely poor. My manager was very un friendly, non personable, and rude. She was two faced along with the team leader and day aide. I would advise to whom you choose to become close with. Other then that, the individuals were my favorite. Extremely rewarding to work with such unique people. You don't work to make friends, you work to create a satisfying and fulfilling life for those who reside through people inc.

Meal time is fun because the individuals like to help. Passing meds was easy, depends on the type of involvement you have to be medically with the meds.
Pros
the consumers.
Cons
management
Fun Work Place
Direct Care Specialist (Residential) (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at work was going to the house and taking care of all of the residents needs. This included: bathing, toileting, arts and crafts and more. I've gained a great deal of experience from working at People Inc. I have learned how to used two different types of lifts to transport individuals, how to cook a meal for 10, and much more. Management was pretty good. Most of the time there was a team leader on shift to keep everyone productive, which seemed to work really well. The co-workers that I had all displayed different talents in the job and were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was watching individuals decline and pass away. Although, there were bad parts of the job there were also good. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to make a difference in each individuals life. It was awesome to see them bloom and reach their full potential.
Pros
Family style dining, friendly people
Cons
Shorts breaks, too many personal problems brought to work
Don't waste your time
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 16, 2016
I would only recommend working for this agency if you are looking to work a high demanding and low paying entry level position for numerous years. Advancing in this agency is nearly impossible. When you go to one of the administrative offices, you will notice a lot of people gossiping and not doing there jobs. It amazes me that this agency is able to accomplish anything as it seems People Inc promotes a culture of lazy uninspired employees.
Pros
The individuals you serve. High turn over rate in the field so there is job security
Solid company
IRA specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 11, 2016
Overall, the coworkers are solid, management is okay. Their payroll department is a piece of work.

Typical days vary from slow and uneventful to hectic and crazy.

Hardest part of Job is the politics.

The best part is helping the individuals and seeing them succeed.
Pros
Free meals in group home positions
Cons
bi weekly pay scale
Very rewarding job
IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 3, 2016
.People Inc is a very busy group home atmosphere. I have learned so much through this company, more so, how much love and respect I have for each and every individual that was brought into my life. Management was a bit challenging, co-workers were nice. The hardest part of this job was watching the turnover in this company. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the individuals that made such an impact in my life.
Pros
Knowing you can make a difference in the lives of others
Cons
pay, schedule, and treatment of employees
Okay
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 3, 2015
People inc has great pay and great benefits. I think the house that I am working at is just very difficult. A lot of my individuals are declining quickly, their meds are constantly being changed, and they had extreme behavioral issues. Just make sure to find a house that suits you!
Pros
great benefits, great pay and alot of overtime
Cons
takes a toll on you mentally, very stressful
Don't get to excited !
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 6, 2016
As an RN you work for low pay & have to use your own car. I found that I had to play catch up with the paperwork, cause every one of my assigned houses were way behind. Management was very harsh, not supportive & useless. I would Never recommend this company to any Nurses period !!
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, having to use your own car, poor management.
Its Cool (IRA)
IRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 31, 2015
Require a lot of patience. Good overall but depends on what house you are placed at. My manger is cool but you may not get as lucky as I did. I would recommend for a second job or per diem.
Pros
overtime, some benefits, PTO
Cons
low hourly for job field
Good start
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2016
Good start for human services experience. Job can get very stressful. There is a lot of turn over. Management is lazy, nurses are rude. Pay could be a lot better. No rasise and bounes are slim to none nowadays. Lots of pto for full time employees. Individuals are a joy to work with.
Pros
Co-worker, flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, management, no room to advance.
Some changes need to be made
LPN (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYNovember 30, 2015
A typical day at work: cleaning up after individuals and other staff that leave messes around. Personal care and medications given.
What I learned: Its like highschool drama.
Management: You don't have to have an education to make it to management. I would prefer my managers dressing more professionally and talking like a manager, being unbiased and not taking sides, giving more hours or extra hours to friends.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with dramatic female coworkers, the people we care for is great.
The most important part of the job is the people we take care of.

I would prefer that more attention given to the people we take care of, rather than what seems like money wasted on too much staffing that would rather sit in a different room and put down on paperwork they are doing things that aren't being done.

I believe this company needs a dose of professionalism.
Pros
people we take care of
Cons
unprofessional coworkers, no bonuses, lower pay
Varies
Life Coach, MSC, Site Manager, TL (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2015
Not always advancement opportunity, It greatly depends on who you know and not what you know. Great health benefits, and pto options. A good place to learn but you may not grow. Different departments offer a variety of experiences so you get a great glimpse of everything if you decide to.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
no room to grow
Just a youth
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAAugust 12, 2016
I got a job here through a program they have called WIA youth. They paid for me to go through an lpn program and gave me a job during the summer. Part time, no health benefits.
productive
Ira Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Tonawanda, NYJuly 14, 2016
Helping individuals with a disability with feeding, bathing, clothing, and promoting independence on a daily basis.
Very flexible and friendly work enviornment
IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 7, 2012
I enjoyed working at the house I was placed within. I had a very understanding and flexible manager. My co workers held very positive working traits. The individuals living within the supportive apartment were very independent. I loved helping the guys with reading skills and money management. Helping the guys always placed a smile on my face because I knew that I was improving their skills based off of the progress that was being shown. One of the hardest things about my job was making sure that I didn't crush the guy's egos but that I also made sure I was always available to assist them when need be.
Pros
was able to go on outings with the individuals, bonuses, great benefits
Cons
lessened tuition reimbursement
productive
INDIVIDUAL RESIDENT ALTERNATIVE SPECIALIST (IRAS) (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I assist my clients with their medications. I prepare meals and assist with hygiene. I also transport them to appointments and programs.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
management
Direct Care
Individual Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYNovember 5, 2014
When I worked for People Inc. I worked overnights, therefore during the night I would provide supervision to individuals and clean the housing unit.
In the mornings I would cook each individual breakfast based on their dietary plans. After breakfast I would get the individuals who worked ready to leave. I ensured that they had everything they needed as well as aided in any hygiene procedures when necessary. Another aspect of my job was administrating medications to the individuals, this was by far the hardest part of the job considering the number of people in the house and the limited time span in order to give out medications.
On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated for helping the individuals. It was rewarding being able to help someone in need, it made me happy.
I learned how to administrator medication, document for medicare coverage, and provide direct care. Management and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a great experience, however due to overnight hours I didn't keep the job.
Pros
benefits, rewarding
Cons
hours (overnights), pay
Enjoyable work place
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 11, 2013
People Inc. is a good place to work with many benefits to enjoy. Health care, PTO, employee perks are just a few of the many benefits they offer both FT and PT employees. I enjoy my job there and feel valued as an employee. They promote growth and encourage employees to explore other opportunities within the agency. They also offer Management training and tuition reimbursement. The typical salaries are a bit below market, but it is compensated in one time payments and numerous benefits.
benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Fun place to work and great people to meet.
Individual Residential Alternative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 29, 2012
I have worked at people inc for a while now and i have had many great experiences. I have built great relationships with co workers and individuals. Depending on your house and shift, you may get to work and have a slow start because people are at work or program. You have time to get any paper work and planning done. Once they arrive, you can complete any required procedures such as teeth brushing or showering. You would then pass medication and plan a group dinner or help each individual with their own dinner. As the day winds down, it gets slow again and its best to just check on all individuals. This keeps that relationship strong and lets them know that you do have interests in what they do and like. Around the late evening, some individuals are preparing for bed and might come to get their pm medicines. When you have a break you can complete your paper work and leave enough time to help anyone if they need assistance before you are scheduled to leave.
Pros
great people, good benefits, paid time off
Cons
limited employee protection
Good job if you have no desire to advance
Day Aide (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 15, 2014
I have worked at this company for two and a half years, and have tried to take every opportunity to advance within the company, however this is harder than they make it sound in your initial training. I have held two different positions and also hold a college degree yet have been denied on every job interview i've had, including interviewing twice for a job, given a fantastic review after the first interview. unless you know someone who is a higher up and kiss major butt, you will never advance. Managers who are awful at their job and abuse their powers are able to keep their job whole people who work their rear ends off get absolutely nothing. The upper mamangement has a "clique-like" feel when it comes to selecting canidates for advancement. I personally will start looking for another career route since this comapny has no loyalty to people who give alot to their job and get nothing back.

I am extremely grateful for them providing me with a job but i would suggest going other routes if you have a choice. The only plus to this job is the benefits. But when you're working a double at a short staffed house with no raises to work towards or any sort of incentive, it gets real old.
benefits
Cons
not a fair balance of power, no advancement opportunities, very clique-like upper management