PEOPLE INC Employee Reviews

Okay
Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great pay and alot of overtime
Cons: takes a toll on you mentally, very stressful
People inc has great pay and great benefits. I think the house that I am working at is just very difficult. A lot of my individuals are declining quickly, their meds are constantly being changed, and they had extreme behavioral issues. Just make sure to find a house that suits you!
Rewarding Place to Work
Program Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2015
I enjoy being able to provide quality services to individuals with developmental disabilities and the opportunity to teach new skills.
Great Mission
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: bennifits, bonus
Cons: Expanding too fast, lack of room for growth, not much value placed on formal education
People-Inc is a great company who provides great services to the individuals that they serve. There is on call duty which can often interfer with your persoanl life and it is often hard to find that balance. Depending on your manager you may or may not feel to supported.
nice company to work for
Senior Residential Supervisor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
great benefit packages, various different departments available to work in depending on skills, and competitive wages
Varies
Life Coach, MSC, Site Manager, TL (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: no room to grow
Not always advancement opportunity, It greatly depends on who you know and not what you know. Great health benefits, and pto options. A good place to learn but you may not grow. Different departments offer a variety of experiences so you get a great glimpse of everything if you decide to.
Dont remember
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 15, 2015
Its been over ten years since I worked there and don't remember much from work there. I was a sub for the classrooms and went to where they needed me
great to make u feel good about helping others less fortunate
IRA Specialist (Current Employee), clarence nyMarch 4, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: hire anyone and it bites them in the end
great place to work but the politics are questionable. individuals our great people but the staff they hire are not the best more often or not
People Inc.
Instructor (Former Employee), Day HabMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the experience I gained. The individuals we serve will always hold a special place in my heart. It was a wonderful opprotunity.
GREAT JOB
IRA Specialist (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYJanuary 8, 2015
VERY LAID BACK JOB WITH MANY ADVANCES. CONSUMERS ARE NICE AND FACILITIES AND HOMES ARE GREAT FOR WORK. GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Direct Care
Individual Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Elma, NYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, rewarding
Cons: hours (overnights), pay
When I worked for People Inc. I worked overnights, therefore during the night I would provide supervision to individuals and clean the housing unit.
In the mornings I would cook each individual breakfast based on their dietary plans. After breakfast I would get the individuals who worked ready to leave. I ensured that they had everything they needed as well as aided in any hygiene procedures when necessary. Another aspect of my job was administrating medications to the individuals, this was by far the hardest part of the job considering the number of people in the house and the limited time span in order to give out medications.
On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated for helping the individuals. It was rewarding being able to help someone in need, it made me happy.
I learned how to administrator medication, document for medicare coverage, and provide direct care. Management and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a great experience, however due to overnight hours I didn't keep the job.
great place to make fast easy money
IRA Specialist/Team leader (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: free healthcare and unlimited overtime
Cons: no job security
ok place to work, HR is buddy buddy with house managers. If they want you out, you will be fired without reason
I loved working closely with my co workers and management team.
Senior Residential Supervisor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: management works long hours, on-call duties 24 hours 7 days a week.
People Inc. has n excellent mission and vision providing services to people with special needs. Th employees work tirelessly to enhance the lives of individual with all types of developmental disabilities and senior citizens.
great workplace
I.R.A specialist (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYSeptember 1, 2014
i enjoyed the workers and customers. they were always in great moos , the work atmosphere was always good
provided many opportunities to advance and keep the need CEUS current.
Clounselor (Former Employee), Sallisaw, OKAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good individuals to work with
Cons: not enough insurance
I had clients, mentally ill, OJA, drug court, DHS individuals, it was a good place to work and i had groups and used art therapy to get individuals invested, i had marriage counseling.
Awesome place to work
Instructor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great healthcare and frequent bonuses
Awesome place to work great staff and an ok management team i would without a doubt go back if I ever move back home to Buffalo NY
When having the opportunity to explore new areas of interest.
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: at the houses freedom to explore and do more things of interest with the clients
Cons: not enough funding to do things out in the communities with our clients
I found working at the houses to be more exciting and many teachable moments with staff and the clients. The relationships that are built from trust, caring, laughter are so rewarding. Some days can be over the top with being busy and so many things that are on the agenda, but at the end of the day it is very rewarding. Team work and communication is a must for the success of all and in moving forward. Some times goals are not easily met, but if you start with a good structure, the walls of positive will not falter.
Good for students
Full Time Relief Counselor (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJuly 5, 2014
Would recommend for students attending school because of good and flexible hours and good start pay
Learning experience
Part time Instructor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 29, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: short breaks, no advancement
Busy work day sometimes slow, always learning from the clients, no room for advancement
working with resident as very rewarding
Program Manger (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 23, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of moral support
Working as a Program Manager was a rewarding position. The agency had recently moved into the Rochester area with ambitions to expand their operation throughout the region. I was optimistic at first as the agency was well establish in the Buffalo area. As a member of the management team I learned so much of the state regulations and the challenges of managing Medicaid funds as well as other entitlements. The hardest part of the job was staff turnover finding reliable staff that exhibited good work ethics. I loved working with the residents and their families.
No Job security
(IRAS) (Former Employee), Buffalo NyMay 10, 2014
Pros: nice bonus money
Cons: no union, high turnover, no appreciation of good workers.
This is a good job for people who are in school and trying to earn a few extra dollars. However, I would not recommend this to anyone who needs to pay rent and other bills because there is no job security and at any time they can place you on administrative leave and leave you in limbo causing you to lose everything in the process (my situation right now).