People Incorporated

People Incorporated Employer Reviews

Rewarding place to work
IRA Specialist (Current Employee), East Amherst, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: not being able to move up
A typical day at work includes me providing mentally challenged individuals assistance with ADL's, Medical administration, and security. I also help implement goals and valued outcomes. I am an advocate for these individuals and I make sure they have everything they need to live a happy life. In this field, I have learned the importance of ones independence. – more... I have learned not to take simple things such as being able to brush my own teeth, or making my own choices for granted. I have also learned how to properly care for others. I have learned how to handle emergency situations, multitask, and how to be cordial with others (co-workers/Management). The hardest part of my job is not being able to move up in the agency. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping one obtain their independence. – less
Good job
Primary Instructor (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: bonuses, pto
Cons: no raises
Very busy at times. Can be laid back. requires lots of patience and dedication.
Good
Behavior Technician & Team Leader (Former Employee), Kenmore NYJune 5, 2014
I enjoyed this job the most. There were things I learned here such as real teamwork, responsibility and respect, that I have not seen in many places ive worked
Great place to work around great people
Group Leader (Smiles) (Current Employee), Fall River, MAApril 7, 2014
Pros: based on school days
Cons: job ends when school is out.
I plan certain activities for a group of high school age children, we sometimes do community outings, living skills. I am in charge of one staff who works beside me. Best part of my job is working with the students in my program.
engaging environment with community interaction
Housing Support Specialist/Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 5, 2014
Pros: a variety of programs to gain experience
Cons: working night shift
I work the night shift alone, my main responsibilities are to maintain safety, assist client in need when struggle with symptoms, clean and administer medication. The hardest part of my job is staying awake during the night. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work at different sites throughout the company.
CONSTANT RESTRUCTURE AND HORRIBLE MANAGERS
Mental Health Practitioner II (Former Employee), Anoka CountyFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: learn from clients and decent pay
Cons: high and stressful work load, awful management, unrealistic expectations, inexperienced managers, no recognition or appreciation, no tuition reimbursement
I had worked at PI for four years. I started with a staffed team of six full time staff. When I left, it was down to three full-time staff. My caseload tripled in the years I was there. The program I was at never had consistent program managers, the longest period we had the same one was a year. With each new manager and 'restructure' came a whole new – more... set of changes and ideas. It was a mess.

The company tells staff how client driven they are, but in reality it is all about the money... not the clients.

The company also encourages staff to take time off, but also expects all paperwork and client hours to be fulfilled no matter what hours you put in. I would do several hours off the clock completing paperwork, because my day was full of client contacts. But then when you express need for a lighter caseload, you are told to use the ancient POS laptops that barely ever work to do notes in session. Super therapeutic.

Lastly, management is completely sketchy. They only look out for each other and if you express any ideas of your own or heaven forbid go against what their ideas are; then you get mysteriously smushed out.

Staff turnover is high. Even when staff gives appropriate notice, they are told abruptly that they are to leave to avoid paying two salaries. Clients end up losing out, and this can be especially damaging for the clients who develop relationships with their workers. Attachment is a big thing for these folks, but ya know...be client centered NOT money driven.

More recently, seasoned staff are not given the opportunity to grow within the company. The emphasis appears to be hiring people (managers as well as workers) with a degree and no experience. Program managers can have a degree but no experience in the field whatsover. This is concerning!

Overall, this place has gone down hill over the years with it's reputation.

No matter what the time is that you devote, you can ALWAYS be replaced by someone with less experience and education.

No appreciation or recognition of work done, just concentration on negatives or critique of staff. Even, if you are doing everything right...there is always room for better. – less
Productive fun work envirement, good co-workers.
Direct Support Professional, Internship (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJanuary 6, 2014
• Assisted Individuals with all aspects of daily living
• Encouraged Individuals to be independent
• Responsible for Diet and Hygiene
• Assured that Individuals were treated in a respectable manner
Quickly developing programs and expansion. Challenging and always changing
RN Health Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Fall River, MADecember 13, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: healthcare
Growing quickly, relaxed atmosphere, large corporate building, careing staff
Friendly, flexible environment!
Assistant Director of Family/Foster Care (Current Employee), Williamsville NYSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: generous pto plan
Cons: not all departments work together for the better good....
Very understanding, flexible work family at People Inc! Looking for other opportunities simply because the regulations of the field have become so ridiculous I cannot properly serve the population an longer. However, the company is great! I really have very little negative to say about it other than certain departments could play nicer with others :)
Cut lots of programs
Support Counselor (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 19, 2013
People Incorporated has poor service and poor treatment of their employees.
Could be a wonderful avenue for reaching homeless individuals
Outreach Case Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: not enough funding for service delivery
People Incorporated homeless division is not well organized nor is it structurally relevant for advancement opportunity except for a select few already in management positions. All services are grand and subsidy based and therefore not stable due to political arena dependence.
Productive company accomplishing many good things.
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee), Fall River, M.A.June 22, 2013
Pros: clients, activities
People Incorporated is a great company to work for. They offer many services to their clients. My job there consists of managing a 7 person group in accomplishing goals set forth by clinical and medical staff.
Fun place
Intern (Former Employee), fall river, maJune 18, 2013
Pros: meet new people
Cons: very short time at work
a typical day at work is like being on a long, fun drive. I've learned many types of sicknesses and learned to handle people when having syndromes. Management is well dealt with and everything is at place. Co-workers were fun and very understandable, trustworthy and good advisers. The hardest part of the job was lunch duty, when clients would hide foods – more... that they were not suppose to eat or have fits for little reasons. The most enjoyable part of the job was going for a ride with clients and scrapbook with them. – less
Great agency to work directly with mentally challenged population!
Case Manager (Current Employee), 1040 Eastern Ave. Fall River, MAMay 30, 2013
Pros: rewarding, great hours
Cons: expensive healthcare, low rate of pay
Direct service positions at People, Inc are very rewarding and gives you a great sense of making a difference. It's a wonderful feeling to be a consistent part of a life that is otherwise inconsistent.
Great mission, horrible management
MHP (Former Employee), MNMay 30, 2013
Pros: amazing coworkers, motivating ceo, fair compensation
Cons: management, heavy client load, high expectations to work well over scheduled shifts
People Incorporated's heart is in the right place, however, lots of mismanagement/budget cuts of programs is happening while the company's main goal is to continue expanding. It would be in the best interest to take care of the programs that already exists rather than to continually start new ones. My co-works were absolutely exceptional and were horribly – more... under appreciated. I loved my job while I was there, other than the management, but would not work there again. Also,there was one COLA raide in the 3 years I was there, and no other way of earning increased compensation. This was a huge complaint of most of my coworkers. – less
Very caring and flexible company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Main St Buffalo NYMay 21, 2013
Pros: shift flexibility
Fun comfortable company to work for. Answered switchboard calls, ordered supplies for the office/building. Scheduled all trainings for People Inc staff through out the company. All employees were friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that management was always available for any needs if necessary.
long hours and tough clients
Mental Heath Practioner (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 19, 2013
enjoyed the clients, supervising staff was overbearing and punitive
Rewarding work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Fall River, MAFebruary 1, 2013
On a typical day, I would work with individuals with disabilities in the DayHab/Vocational setting. On most days I would work with individuals on their motor, speech and social skills. On some days I would work in the vocational setting where I would supervise their work.
Look Elsewhere First
Crisis Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: excellent training opportunities, friendly regular staff
Cons: shifts were automatically deducted from hours worked but were not possible on the overnight shift, poor communication, poor treatment of workers and high expectations for time commitments outside of normal shifts
I worked the overnight shift at the Diane Ahrens Crisis residence. I would answer the crisis telephone line and respond to the needs of the residents as they arose. The company provided lots of opportunities for training, more than any company I've worked for in the past. On the downside, they expected those of us who worked overnight to come in or – more... call in for meetings in the middle of the day. The management often did not express their expectations clearly, so at times following what they had said did not fulfill those expectations. The regular coworkers I worked with on my specific shift were great. We got along really well and worked well together as a team. When replacement workers came in, however, my experience was that they did not fit well and were unwilling to talk openly about how their integration could be improved. My job duties were usually not incredibly difficult, the hardest part of the job was discovering the truth about what was expected. – less
Helpful Supervisors
Mental Health Practitioner (Current Employee), Burnsville MNJanuary 3, 2013
Great company to work for, encourages professional growth and development within the company.