Our Client, a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting donors with the community issues they care about, is currently seeking an Executive Assistant. The primary responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to enhance the effectiveness of senior executives by providing administrative support.
- Represent the organization by greeting visitors in person and on the telephone, reviewing incoming correspondence, arranging functions, answering questions and responding to requests directed to senior executives.
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics to senior managers.
- Conserve senior executives’ time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintain senior executives’ appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represent the senior executives by attending meetings in the executives’ absence.
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information as requested.
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment supply inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Ensure office space is presentable at all times.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Schedule and prepare agenda for Board of Director meetings. Maintain, record and archive minutes of each meeting.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies)
- Administrative writing, reporting, supply management, scheduling, Microsoft Office, organization, time management, presentation, equipment maintenance, travel logistics and oral/written communications.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Make sound judgments.
- Read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Schedule and organize work to meet established guidelines in an environment where interruptions may occur.
- Anticipate and prioritize needs of the senior executives.
- Knowledge of modern office management principles, methods, practices and techniques.
Education and Experience
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of High school degree or equivalent; three to five years Executive or Administrative Assistant experience preferred. Associate’s or advanced degree preferred.
No agency or third party candidates will be considered for this position. No phone calls please. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, including your salary history, in a Word or PDF format.
Indeed - 30+ days ago