PEOPLE Employee Reviews in United States

Poor administrative/supervisory team
LPN II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients. Supervisors severely lack supervisory skills. Since adopting a more corporate model (new CEO), People Incorporated seems to no longer take much care of the employees (ie: holiday events, employee appreciation, anniversary date recognition) etc... There is much negative energy at the programs and is visible to clients and visitors.
Pros
The clients mostly and a few employees
Cons
Very negative environment, very few to no breaks for meals etc....
Beautiful offices, fun team, poor management
Producer/Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
This was my dream job when I first started. I was disappointed to see that it didn't live up to my standards. There is poor management with zero direction and although I have been given a title promotion, I have not received a raise since starting (even after agreeing to take a lower salary at the start). My responsibilities have increased dramatically over the past year, however my salary still has not because they "don't have the budget". It's unfortunate that I am going to have to leave because I do like the team I work with, however I simply can not afford to live off of what they are paying me anymore.
Pros
Snacks on every floor
Cons
No raises, not enough desks, mixed direction for supervisors
Dedicated Organization
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Lakeport, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Since I work rather independently it is nice to know I have support available whenever I need it. All the managers are willing to lend an ear and a hand. The clients are great and to me feel like family. It is such a great joy to help a client meet a goal or overcome a challenge.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Doesn't pay a lot but there are opportunities for advancement & learning
The company they placed me is a good environment
Front Desk Generalist, Counselling Center (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMarch 19, 2016
This company has very competent employees. They are reliable, excellent follow-up and follow through until hiring process is complete. They matched my skills and placed me in a environment, which could utilize my people skills.
Overall Good place to work fellow employee really nice
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, VAApril 3, 2016
Good place to work but no advancement in company if you are looking to get a promotion. They do look out for their employee when family crisis come up.
Pros
provided lunch for Head Start Employees
Cons
Did not receive a salary increase in 5 years.
Not a good experience
Various (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 12, 2016
The only positive about working for this organization is the PTO. If you plan on working there, don't stay too long. If you decide to stay long term, make as many friends as possible because that's the only way you'll get anywhere.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Everything else
productive place
Independent residential Alternative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 1, 2016
During my time with People Inc I met and interacted with a great number of co workers as well as residents or individuals. I can honestly say i enjoyed my time with the company.
Was given the sales tools and support to be very successful
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MEOctober 16, 2015
Very supportive work environment. Team oriented whereby each member was given a chance to share successes and innovative ideas.It was an environment that celebrating success was in bedded of the sales culture in the company.Often times we would implement new ways to accomplish the mission based on the experiences shared by others.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Commission Structure
Enjoyable work experience
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Worked with a young quadriplegic man. Helped him with daily active living, drove him places, kept him company. It was an enjoyable environment and I learned a lot.
productive and fu place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2016
I have worked for this company for many years and I find my job very fulfilling. I enjoy the challenges that the job brings from day to day.
Poor management lazy co-workers
IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  North tondawondaJanuary 27, 2016
Ive worked at people inc for about 3 years. The management "team" if you want to call it is horrible. they will throw you under the bus at anytime and blame you for things you never done. there is absolutely NO job security so don't plan on making people inc long term. I learned that for 10.98 and busting my butt for clients that it means absolutely nothing. House managers are to Buddy buddy with HR making HR very Bias. At people inc your opinion means nothing. and they let you know that over and over and over again. If you want to feel apart of something you'd do best to volunteer your services. The best thing about people inc to me is the fact i was there for 3 years and 3 years of experiencing what people inc has to offer has given me a better chance of getting hired somewhere eles. which i have done. Co-Workers are lazy and talk to much as a matter of fact most of your time at people inc will be talk and rumors than working with the individuals. My advice use people inc for the experience and go elsewhere. They hire just about anybody literately. so its very easy to get a temp job their
Pros
Cons
Everything from management on down.
Many are friendly
Medical Claims Biller/ Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2015
We all get a long we laugh we share the work load most of the time. but we do have laughs and we tried to make it a good strong team
Pros
work is no always appreciated
Cons
some people has less to do than others
Great gig; uncertain future
Contributor (Current Employee) –  new york, new yorkJuly 7, 2015
Working for People magazine has been a treat. They pay well. The turnaround can sometimes be very tight -- you have to know what you're doing and be able to produce clean copy quickly. But in recent years, pages have been cut and there has been less work. We've had layoffs and ... like other print media, whether there's a sustainable economic model for this magazine in the future is uncertain.
Pros
Name recognition
Cons
Not enough work
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 21, 2015
Typical day very busy. I was encouraged to learn and was assigned a different position within the company. My immediate management was nice to work with and for. Co-workers were a delight to work with. Always willing to help. Hardest part of the job was keeping in alignment when the main office was located else where. Most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction.

The thing I learned is that everyone, from the top to the bottom, needs to be appreciated by their management and their co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits, focused on safety for employees
Cons
Communication management not always forthcoming in a timely manner
Good job, no room for growth
logistics director (Former Employee) –  san franciscoAugust 18, 2015
Moved up as far as I felt I could and then plateaued. Company not looking to expand and I started to feel like I was just going through the motions.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
health care, market security
People-Inc
IRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls New YorkMay 15, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of administering medications to certain individuals, doing activities, preparing meals, and taking appointed individuals to medical appointments. The hardest part of the job would have to be working with individuals with mental disabilities and dealing with explosive behavior. What I can say about working in this line of work is that, it is very rewarding to be able to give a piece of you to help out another human being.
Pros
Working with people.
Cons
Explosive behaviors.
living on site
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  tulsa oklahomaJuly 20, 2015
Being an on site manager gave me the flexibility to serve the tenants better. loved meeting new people especially families. Hectic work at times but always awesome.
Pros
customer service health care program
Cons
long hours at the first of every month
Connects People
Ambassador Program (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 22, 2015
Connects various different socioeconomic backgrounds and provides ample opportunity to connect and foster education. Diversity is a threshold and stimulating interactions. Great experience.
Pros
Contract work, opportunity for short term gain
Cons
Difficult to work full time.
Mixed Review
Client Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 23, 2015
Little room for advancement but a great way to earn experience in an HR role. Poor communication between internal departments and from management. Relaxed and casual office.
Pros
Casual Office
Cons
Communication
Summer youth employment job
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  new york, nyMay 9, 2015
this job was very boring i sat in an office for 8 hours a day and did absolutely nothing, sometimes i would shred papers but other than that i had nothing to do. management was amazing .
Pros
paid for no work being done
Cons
boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PEOPLE. Our community is ready to answer.