PeopleNet Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to work
Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 7, 2017
PeopleNet is an awesome place to work. PeopleNet Grows on daily basses. PeoplNet is part of a growing industry which makes Advancements available.PeopleNet Management work directly with you to help you reach your goals.
Pros
Great work Environment with Awesome Opportunities to advance
Cons
Because of the Constant Growth you find yourself working long hours.
Ok small company but tons of room for improvement
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 24, 2017
I started working there almost 2 years ago and love the small company aspect. I learned a lot my first 6 months there, but unfortunately, the ceiling is pretty low. The main issues are they follow an outdated model where employees are expected to be loyal/stay in a starting position for a set amount of time, instead of based strictly on merits. Also, management seems to not have a clue most of the times on how to develop effective business strategies and communicate. Several times, agents like myself in Support, stumble across system modifications instead of getting a proper warning. Some of the upper management have no technical knowledge or expertise and literally serve no purpose there. Overall, decent company if you are looking for a secure, stable job with decent pay, but the insanity of management and lack of advancement opportunities make it a tough place to want to work long term for.
Pros
Job security, good pay, and good benefits
Cons
bad amanagement, lack of oportunities to advance, bad communication
Productive and Excellent Place to work
Tableau Developer/ Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 18, 2017
Great company to work with, positive atmosphere to work in and what we are doing is very interesting and exciting. All of our employees are smart and creative. This is reflected in the work that we produce. I also appreciate that our company cares about the community and the environment and encourages us to do the same. I have gained so much knowledge and experience that well-exceeded just marketing including decision-making skills, and how to act and react in a professional work environment.
Pros
Good culture lots of team events and fun loving people around
Great company, great people
HR (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 1, 2016
I have been at PeopleNet for about a year and in the time that I have been here it's been nothing short of a positive experience. PeopleNet has a great company culture and my co-workers have been amazing. We are all new once, so it was comforting to work in an environment where everyone was willing to help, mentor and assist you.

I have learned so much in such a short period of time, without feeling overwhelmed. I owe that to management and my supportive team members.

I love working for PeopleNet because they are a company the truly cares about their employees and the career paths they want to take. They love what they do here and your time and effort does not go unnoticed. I couldn't be happier to work for such an awesome company.
Pros
Good pay, great company culture, innovative
Good work/life balance, bad managment
Tier 2 Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2016
Good overall work/life balance.

40 hours a week with a great benefits package and a growing company.

I learned a vast array of knowledge working with Salesforce, Microsoft Excel and various implementation front office systems.

Co-workers were fun and it had a family vibe.

Promotions within company are hard to come by.

Management tended to micro manage and had their favorites. Job become less enjoyable as they began to make all the guidelines more and more strict
Pros
Free lunch on Mondays, great benefits and PTO
Cons
Bad Management and little room for growth
Great Company
Principal Scrum Master, Coach (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2015
Good company but the hard work is not noticed in all levels of management.

Busy commute to office location in Roswell road makes working for this company a thumbs down.
No room for advancement
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 25, 2015
I have been with Peoplenet for a little over a year now. I bring to the position experience in call centers, and while this is not the worst company, it is pretty close to it.

For one, the pay is decent for a call center. It is a few dollars higher than where the average is for a call center.
Also, some co-workers are awesome and laid back.

Thats about it for the good things.

There is no room for advancement. You have to be in a position for 18 months before being considered for advancement. Even then, its clique driven. 2 coworkers of mine with 3+ years experienxe each who have among the best stats in the call center month in and out applied for a position that was internal. They lost out on that position to someone with less experience who was underperforming.
The supervisors knowledge of the product is a joke. I had to correct one of my leads who was offering incorrect advice just last week to a newbie.
The product is garbage. Its built on a windows platform and has a program just for accounting for unresolved bugs. That should say something. Instead of fixing the product they havent gotten right in the first place, they push for more and more new features. This puts considerable stress on the employees.

If you are looking for a call center that oays well and dint care about career growth, apply. If you want to find a career as opposed to a job, steer clear.
Pros
compensation
Cons
everything else
November 23, 2016

Thank you for your feedback as we continue to work towards improvement at PeopleNet.

There have been more than 10 internal promotions of current Technical Support Representatives in 2016. PeopleNet is a fast growing company and our teams look first to our highly trained support team for their candidates. Many of the new roles at PeopleNet are filled with our high performing support team members.

Awful corporate culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 3, 2015
The work is interesting and enjoyable and you will have to do wide variety of tasks. Unfortunately, you won't receive any training and there isn't any documentation.

The product is terrible. Too many bugs, poor interface, outdated hardware.

This is because management doesn't care about delivering a good product. Deadlines are impossible to meet. Corners are cut. Instead of fixing bugs, management insists on introducing new features. Customers are lied to. Promises are made with no ability to keep them.

Rather than solve problems, management prefers pointing fingers and playing the blame game. Office politics are ruthless. Departments are clicky.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
See below
Unable to move forward due to Clicky Enviroment/Cool Kids Club
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 14, 2015
PeopleNet has the potential to become a great company but due to the constant neglect of inter-department relations, favoritism in job proportions and down right high school mentality that goes on in almost ever dept it may never reach its full potential.

I did learn about an industry that was never really on my radar and I had a fun time doing it. That's because the People at PeopleNet are what makes this job workable. I have met people who I now consider to be friends and not just work acquaintances. Those relationships will last a lifetime.

Unfortunately that doesn't make up for the total chaos that is everyday life at PeopleNet. Your call center management is unqualified (their personal knowledge of the companies product and how it works is laughable at best) to lead and often have cliques of people they like and allow to move on to better opportunities within the company. The atmosphere they create is similar to the mean girls movie.

Most people who are good at what they do but not accepted into the cool kids club either leave the company due to the atmosphere or get fired for petty unrelated to work issues. Sometimes breaking employment law blatantly.

The hardest part of this job besides the call center environment is the fact that we are constantly having technical issues with our products on a regular basis. So the job security although there now only takes one competitor with basic knowledge of the trucking industry and a solid functional system to put Peoplenet out of business.

The most enjoyable part of PeopleNet is the People you meet that are
  more... solid and wonderful to be around. If you have a chance to work here steer clear from L2 and the call center. as far as I know all other departments are great and full of great people.  less
Pros
unlimited OT
Cons
Management, Attendance policy, having to lie to customers on the regular about the product
November 23, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We know we are not perfect...we are working hard to provide the best environment we can for our employees.

There have been many new hires in support leadership since the time of this review. We have a new director, two managers and four supervisors. The culture and performance of the team has improved drastically in the past two years. Our leadership now has much more availability to work directly with our team members and the expectation is for them to be readily available to assist with any question at any time. Our training plan has also evolved which has resulted in team members being more prepared to work with customers when starting out. In fact, some of our newest team members are receiving top survey scores from our customers.

Avoid!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 17, 2014
Company does not know how to run a schedule.

Planning is a 3 week horizon. Extremely poor coordination of effort.

Schedules and engineering decisions are blown out of the water. Very Disruptive.

Micromanaging very prevalent.

All Hardware decisions are based on lowest cost. Hardware reliability and durability suffers.

Many Senior Managers are nontechnical and don’t know how to develop Hardware.

Top down style of management. Get ready to speak your mind and not have it listened to.

The Blame game is alive and well.

Poor offshore suppliers. Can’t fire ‘em. Only out the door cost is emphasized.
Pros
Cons
Please see below

Comment – October 1, 2014

This is my review.

Forgot to mention that 2 out of 3 positions currently listed are replacement positions for employees who left rather than growth positions.

When You Try to Control Chaos
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 4, 2014
When I started working at PeopleNet it was a very fun experience, I focused on the quality of my work and quickly learned the ropes. I was told by my lead and my manager that I was doing an excellent job. I would consistently score at or near 100% on my monthly reviews of phone calls and support assistance. I won several awards for my performance.

However, a new manager was brought in as our old one was promoted. I spoke with the new manager one day and she said she was really happy with my performance, then the next day I was brought into her office and she told me I was NOT doing well at my job. Other employees had commented on this, they said they were being written up for quality issues despite passing quality.

There were all kinds of special treatment for certain employees, while other employees were punished for the same behavior. There is definitely a lot of favoritism at PeopleNet. When I asked for clarification on the attendance policy (or lack thereof) I was given one answer from my lead, one answer from my manager and yet another from the head of HR. This caused a great deal of confusion as to what my expectations were.

I was also asked to do things like return support emails, even though I had not had the proper training. The manager and the lead both indicated they just wanted the job done and that the quality of the work was not important. They also said I would be trained later. However, when there were problems with the emails I had to answer to them and when I explained I had no training, they seemed to be flabbergasted. I had reminded my lead several
  more... times about this and the proper steps were never taken. I even went directly to the trainers to ask them if they would do that.

I would not recommend working for PeopleNet in the Technical Support department. It is unorganized, unprofessional and don't be surprised if you're penalized for doing your job as asked by management.
Pros
Lunch room in building
Cons
Lack of professionalism, rampant favoritism, unclear job descriptions and a complete lack of accountability.
November 23, 2016

There have been many new hires in support leadership since the time of this review. We have a new director, two managers and four supervisors. The culture and performance of the team has improved drastically in the past two years. Our goal is to develop our team members to the best of their ability and reward them for their hard work. We treat everyone fairly and measure performance objectively with individual data from phone calls, emails, quality reviews and customer surveys. The quality of work done along with the experience we provide our customers is of utmost importance to us. We will never ask or expect our team members to perform a task they are not trained and comfortable with.

Pay is good, but that is about it...
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 21, 2014
Decent pay and possibility of advancement. Poor work culture, unhelpful coworkers and poor training. Immature (read: young) and micromanaging leads and supervisors. They try hard with the job training, but I found the trainers to be belittling and not friendly. I did not feel comfortable asking them questions after training ended. Did not feel prepared to fully preform job duties after training, sort of a "throw you to the wolves" mentality. Asking coworkers for help was hit or miss. Level 2 support was never helpful and would speak down to Level 1 reps. Horrible attendance policy: worst of any company I have ever worked for and that is saying something. I will say that they do treat their employees with lunches, "swag", and gift cards for different holidays and events. It is nice to feel cared about in that aspect, but I felt like nobody cared if I succeeded in my position.
Pros
Decent pay, nice perks
Cons
Poor work culture, unhelpful coworkers and poor training
November 23, 2016

Structure-less and lack of Collaboration emphasis
ERP/CRM Administrator/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 19, 2014
The culture doesn't promote team interaction nor is management accessible or interested in the employee's growth in the company.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Non Conducive culture