Peoples Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Good
Personal Banker III/Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, COFebruary 2, 2016
Overall the work environment is good.A typical day at work is to complete customer transactions, help them with any difficulties, ensure bankers are completing tasks according to compliance and assist the manager in any way. I have learned not only how to manage others but most importantly myself. Hardest part of the job are personalities of customers and co workers, making sure you do not judge or assume without all facts. The most enjoyable part is helping the customer achieve their financial goals.
Pros
small company get to know everyone
Cons
no room for career advancement
productive, supportive, professional, service & customer oriented
Assistant Vice President, Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Munster, INOctober 1, 2015
great work experience, great management and employees, satisfactory compensation, growing company with much employee growth opportunities, great family culture, excellent service and customer oriented, stand behind their brand
Nice Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Reagan, TNFebruary 29, 2016
This was a nice job to get me started. I worked with really nice people who provided great service for the customers. A typical day at work involved cashing checks, transferring money, making deposits, and balancing the vault. My coworkers were nice and friendly we got along very well, and management is great.
Pros
Nice people, good breaks.
Cons
Low pay
Uncertain future.. Always changing-not for the better.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2016
Started with People's Bank as a part time teller. Took me almost a year to finally get a full time position. Salary is very low. Peoples Bank implemented a 6 day work week for "most" employees. Unfair practices and treatment throughout the company. My manager and coworkers were great. We all knew People's Bank is unstable employment after working there a few months.

Peoples bank has purchased other banks, merged, and not done so gracefully. Emloyees are using 2nd rate software and equipment. Something is constantly breaking, running slow, etc. They are closing other branches and cutting their staffing down to the bare bones.

Hardest part of job: being short staffed and meeting sales quotas of opening accounts. Also, pushing products onto people that are already upside down in their finances. Typically getting no lunches or breaks. Not knowing day to day if you have a job.

Most enjoyable part of the job: paid holidays after a year.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Working 6 days a week, no breaks/lunches, very low pay.
fun workplace
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 23, 2015
For the most part you are given most of what you need to do your job. The company provides fun events to attend throughout the year and an awards event to reward excellence in certain fields.
Pros
fun working environment depending on department
Cons
lack of communication between management and employees, Often last minute changes are made without advanced notice.
Great Culture
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Peoples is a very nice place to work. Client and community centered. Career growth is encouraged and superior training provided.
Great place to work at
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74104June 2, 2016
Peoples Bank is a great place to work at and to also grow. I learned how to do Consumer and Commercial Loans. The environment there was always great, we had monthly activities such as birthday celebrations, sport luncheons, etc. The hardest part of the job for me was giving notice I wouldn't be working there anymore due to the fact that I recently relocated back to the Oklahoma City area.
Challenging
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OH 45764June 2, 2016
A typical day at Peoples Bank was helping each and every customer with their everyday banking needs or concerns. Answering questions, promoting new accounts, or just letting them know what their balance is on their checking account.

I learned the in's and out's of the banking world, loans, and credit cards.

Management wasn't always as urgent to helping the employee's as I feel they should have been. Working as a team is how you receive better customer service and sometimes they seemed uneager to contribute to helping the team.

The co-workers were wonderful with helping in anyway they could. Whether it be helping each other or helping the customers. They went above and beyond to make Peoples Bank a better place.

The hardest part of the job would be that some customers would not be as understanding when all the tellers were busy, or unsure of an answer to their question. We would do what we could to help, but sometimes we had to look to someone else for an answer or look within our system which could be timely some days.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be that there was always something to do. You never sat without a job to complete which made me feel as if I were making a diffence in the outlook of Peoples Bank.
Pros
Customers, co-workers, retirement benefits, available overtime
Cons
part-time with full time hours, no health benefits available to part-time workers, working 6 days a week.
Wonderful place to work
ITEMS PROCESSING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 9, 2015
Was a great place to work just left to get a job in accounting. I would recommend them to anyone. The department I was in we work as a team to get the work done. Met some nice people that will always be friends with
Pros
met some nice people, learn a lot about banking great benefits
Cons
Department I was in had no set time to get off
Great Place to Work
Retirement Plans Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 6, 2016
Peoples Bank is Awesome. Everyone there is friendly and I highly recommend working there. It is such a scenic bank right in historic Marietta.

Want to know more about Peoples Bank?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAApril 8, 2016
Management was great and always helped us tellers be leaders. Great place to work your way up if your starting from the bottom.
Pros
hours, pay, benefits
overall
ManCan Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 10, 2016
I hated that this was a temporary job, but while being a temporary for this company I really learned about working in a bank.
Very busy environment
Loan Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blackshear, GASeptember 16, 2015
Great place to work initially. Very family oriented. Bank was bought out which made for harsh circumstances such as no job security.
Cons
No lunches on most days due to job duties
Great Company!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 14, 2015
Great company to work for. They treat everyone with respect. Professional environment with the friendly feel of a small bank.
Fun place to work
Assistant Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairplay, CONovember 18, 2015
same as the previous. same job. My day was spent helping the other tellers making sure the money balanced and i also balanced the volt at the end of the day.
Pros
we always had events going on
Cons
very cold
GREAT work environment!
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  KSMarch 11, 2015
Management is very organized and friendly. Company has plenty of opportunities for advancement. There are many events planned outside of work to create an amazing work environment. There is always a manager to help with questions or situations.
Pros
fun work environment, pleasant managers/management, movie tickets, opportunities to advance
Cons
can't think of any
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 30, 2015
We value the customers at Peoples Bank. We do not want to sell them a product that they do not need in order to meet goals. We want to truly help our customers be successful.
I was able to learn a lot about mortgages and it also gave me the contact person to my job at West Indianapolis.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2015
liked my job there, but when they stared to downsize to get ready for a sale, it was no longer much fun. I did get a lot of experience in many area of banking, but the West Indianapolis job gave me the most joy. I love working with people.

The most satisfying event at Peoples was when I met the person who connected me to the West Indianapolis Dev. Corp., which we were able to develop a program for down payment assistance to income eligible home buyers
Good prestigious place to work with a moderate salary
CSR & Loan Secretary, etc. (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MSNovember 4, 2012
Although the salary was not much, this was my second big job in my life and it certainly helped build my whole being. I worked for banks for 17years after starting at Peoples bank. I had a lot of wonderful people molding my career at my young age of 22. This was originally a small-town bank with a lot of moral and business values. . . Good benefits and a job worth having.
After training for teller in 1980, I went on to be Head Teller, CSR and Loan Secretary. I ventured to other banks from 1987 to 1997.
Pros
good benefits, good people
Cons
low salary
Has a great idea of culture, poor implementation.
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 10, 2015
Peoples Bank has fantastic upper management, however the culture doesn't trickle down to its branches as well as it should.