Peoples Bank

Peoples Bank Employer Reviews

Fabulous environment
Intern (Current Employee), KansasJune 9, 2014
Great place to be; it is very obviously that the company cares a lot about its associates and customers.
organization that helps all kinds of culture in the financial market
Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2014
Hispanic wing provides service offering the best services in a clear and honest way.
Bookkeeper/Receptionist
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Lyons, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working with computers
Cons: banks insist on rotating employess into different departments.
I loved bookkeeping. I really enjoy computer work. I enjoyed dealing with the public and assisting all the departments
A good not great place to work
Mortgage Banker Peoples Home lending (Former Employee), Carmel INMarch 12, 2014
A sales driven office with good people and dedicated leadership.
Great company to work for
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Cambridge, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great company and great environment
Cons: long process for hiring
It is hard at times to advance and hiring process takes a long time as well. But the culture and people you work for are great and want professionalism at all times. I will enjoy working for the company.
Peoples Bank
Teller (Current Employee), Oak Harbor, WAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: 3 weeks vacation per year
Cons: standing all day
As a teller it's a full day every day of helping customers. I stand all day and am not allowed to grow in the company as it is small and there isn't a higher position for me to work towards. I have a crazy schedule that is different every day.
Great work environment and Great Company!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Munster, INFebruary 4, 2014
Management and staff always helpful, supportive, and friendly!
Long time community lending institution, strong community ties.
Strong Profitable Bank for 100 Years
Bank Officer (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCDecember 8, 2013
Pros: the bank remained profitable and has a 100 year history of profitablity and stability.
Cons: regional level management needs to address employee satisfaction
Over the past years the banks has had a great management style and philosophy that the customers and the employees were always the priority. During the past year there has been an increase of concentration on budget and less on employee satisfaction and appreciation. The attitude of a great place to work has shifted and this needs attention by management. – more... The customers are the important concern on the branch level and the branch managers and staff do a great job keeping customers happy and providing ECS at all times so that has not changed. The banking industry has suffered as a whole over the past years and my hat is off to Peoples Bank Executive team for keeping our bank profitable and maintaining many jobs. Over the past few years they have added many support positions to the corporate level which was very much needed, however they as most banks have reduced branch level support. The mortgage industry is going through changes now and the regulations are making it very challenging to approve a lot of mortgages. We need to find a way to break through this issue and help our local home owners purchase new homes and refinance to lower interest rates or payments.With the changes and challenges I believe the bank is still a great place to work and I appreciate my years there very much. – less
Takes customer service to a whole new level
Senior Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Munster, INNovember 13, 2013
Pros: vacation time, sick days, gifts cards for your bday, xmas bonus
Cons: half hour lunches, not having all federal holidays off
Day is very chaotic and fast paced.
Learned how to give exceptional customer service and the facets of retail banking.
Co-workers are supportive and team oriented
Hardest part of the job is juggling all the apects of the job that are going on simultaneously
Most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships created by making your customers happy
Good people to work with.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Shallowater, TXSeptember 29, 2013
Peoples Bank is a good place to work. They are flexible with your schedule. I worked there while I was going to school and they were good about scheduling me around my school schedule.
I am a hard worker and will work hard for my company
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Stanley, KSSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches when we have a short staff working.
Cons: working on a short staff, but we always make it work.
I love my job, but the drive everyday can be difficult. I learned that there are still good people out there and I am always happy to have a job where I can be myself and make friends.
I love my manager. I have known her ever since we were kids and love working for her. She makes work enjoyable. The hardest part about the job is the drive, I would like – more... to find something more closely to home. – less
Wonderful peope
Service Rep/Teller (Former Employee), Berea, KYAugust 29, 2013
Great place to work. People was great to work with. Conditions were great!
Good place to work but can be hard to promote
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Lynden, WAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: difficulty in promoting
Typical 8-5 work day with hour lunch and 2 15 min breaks. Employees are dedicated to customer service
Great
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJuly 26, 2013
I cashed checks and interacted with people on a daily basis. I totally loved it
Branch of Main Office
Head Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), McConnelsville, OHJuly 24, 2013
I worked at one of the 50 branches the Main Office has. I enjoyed working for this company and working with the public.
Professional Environment
Compliance/Security Specialist (Former Employee), Newton, NCJuly 23, 2013
Pros: benefits - work schedule
Cons: nosey co-workers
A typical day with Peoples Bank is always busy. As long as you are following the rules and minding your own business staying away from the drama that gets created between coworkers things are okay. Things seem to get very "political" in the business centers and the corporate center.
The people I worked with were fun and we enjoyed being around each other
❸ Customer Service (Former Employee), Belpre, OHJuly 22, 2013
Pros: reward you with money as and incentive for opening up new accouts
Cons: it was hard to move up into a higher position
Go into work set up your work station. Wait on customers, answer any questions, open up accounts, make deposits or withdrawals and balance at the end of the day.

Learn to balance a checkbook, balance my drawer/vault, deal with customers that were not happy. Helped roll out our online banking and bill pay.

Management was great.

My co-workers we all – more... got along really well. We all depended upon each other.

I did not find that there was anything hard about this job. It was hard when one of our customers died. We all had a close relationship with most of our customers.

The most enjoyable time is when someone would say, you have a nice smile and always smiling. When the customer compliments you or comments and says thanks so much for helping me out.

Customer Satisfaction. – less
challenging
Teller (Former Employee), Riverside, CTMarch 3, 2013
hard at first but it got easier during my time working
co-workers are always helpful
Productive, fair with employees, insentives
customer servce rep. (Former Employee), Huntington, WVFebruary 13, 2013
Peoples Bank was a great company to work for, reason for no-longer there..made choice to take care of sick family member...have alot of
other experences with other companys...My cababilies are...banking, customer services with major credit card company, taxable accounting for small business, I have been out of work force for long time, and would like – more... to get back in it. I get along great with people, and very accurate when worked at bank, and good phone communication, work well with others. – less
Was a teller.
Teller (Former Employee), Danville, VAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: office work
Cons: the public
Unpleasant customers and managment

What I learned is what I did not want to do.

About Peoples Bank

What is now Peoples Bank was established in 1910 to meet the changing needs of consumers. Banks at that time were primarily interested – Read more