Peoples National Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Extrememly Poor Work Place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 26, 2016
The poorest management you will ever work for. Excessively long work hours. Lack of priorities on projects. Does not care about well-being of employees.
Pros
Cons
Long Work Hours
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 5, 2016
Great group of people that work as a team not as separate mortgage bankers. Learned Encompass and Management is great. Needing a busier office.
Did a lot of multitasking
Proof Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILJanuary 16, 2016
Assist customers on the phone. Research problems. Learned to be a back up for my co- workers. On the job training. Going to webinars to keep current procedures. I loved to research problems to assist customers needs.
Pros
401k and Profit sharing
Cons
Worked Six days a week.
probably out of business
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bethel, NCJune 17, 2014
the branch i was at was located in an extremely small town. not very much business. lack of solid management. probably closed now
Job
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILDecember 11, 2013
Its a great place to work for I am just looking for a career and I don't feel I can get here
Pros
good benfits
Cons
pay
Like my actual job, but management is lacking
Teller (Current Employee) –  Salem,ILNovember 14, 2013
I like the work I do as a teller at the bank, and I enjoy talking to the customers and my co-workers are friendly and helpful.The hardest part of my job is dealing with management. Many times, they do not understand what we are doing as tellers and communication is very lacking most of the time. Also, the hiring process is very slow and our branch has been short-handed for almost two months now which makes it very stressful on our busy days to provide each customer with our best service. I had never been in banking before, so I have learned about banking regulations and the questions to ask to try and detect fraud. I have also become more comfortable handling cash and have an overall better understanding of how our banking system works.
Pros
i love my co-workers!
Cons
part-time position, management needs some work
Peoples National Bank
Disclosure Desk/ Compliance (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 15, 2013
Peoples National Bank was a good place to work. They care alot about their employees and treat you like family. Co-workers were great and I liked the job I was doing. I learned alot of detials about things that I didn't know before in my other positions I have had in the mortgage business.
Pros
just a good company
Cons
working until 7:00 when we were not even busy.
Nice people to work with
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COSeptember 25, 2013
Very high turnover of management in a very short amount of time. No local HR department, made some situations difficult.
Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 1, 2013
Good people, ever changing, advanced career considerably.
Pros
good people
Cons
scope of company changes too often
Pnb
Secretary/Relationship Banker/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILFebruary 12, 2013
It was an ok place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Same Bank family as previous position
Chief Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 16, 2012
Manager and developed own loan portfolio for the bank. Also developed equipmend lease portfolio for the bank.
Management was inmature
Personal Banker (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2012
Generally Peoples is a great place to work. Enjoyed being a teller and meeting customers but found them to be restrictive as to what a teller was able to accomplish. They did not grow their staff to other areas of banking.
Cons
short breaks, management staff not experienced
It can be challenging at times during processing at end of closing
COMPUTER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 3, 2012
I truly enjoyed doing data processing and back up daily closings. However, when there were errors posting on computer during processing, it was difficult to track down my supervisor and get him to come in the bank to take care of the problem. It can be from 30 minutes to hours that I would have to stay till I hear from him. Once it was couple hours hold up till he came in. I would have to work longer hours to complete. One thing I do not like going to another bank to put the second back up in the office drawer at night, but I was very caution who is around the area as I enter in the bank.
Pros
excellent environment to work in and employees were professional
Cons
longer hours if computers are down or problems during backup.
Great job
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington, INMay 2, 2012
I would still be at this job had I not moved out of town. Working and living in a small town is great and my co-workers were all my friends.
Customers Come First
Personal Banker/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Widefield, COApril 21, 2012
Typical day at work: Enter the bank with another co-worker. Listening to the voice mails and making sure i return all of the calls. Making sure all deposits that were put in the night drop were electronically entered in the system. Made coffee/cookies for the lobby. Open the lobby and drive-thru for business. Help customers with their needs. Deposit funds, withdrawl funds or purchase money orders/cashier checks. Open or close new accounts

Best part of the job was making relationships with all the people i came in contact with. Hardest part of the job was listening to the hardship that some customers had to go through.
Pros
free lunches if short staffed
Cons
not enough quality time for customers
Allowed me to gain knowledge and experience
Cheif Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJanuary 16, 2012
I learned the banking industry here, and they allowed me a chance to learn with enrollment in and study of various business course.

I gained experience through hard work and study in an enviroment that was fun to be in.
Pros
team work
Cons
compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peoples National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.