PEORIA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

awesome
District Plumber/Backflow Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 27, 2017
this school district is the best place to work at and I have learned so much here. coworkers are awesome and supervisors are great teachers. the benefits are amazing.
Fast-paced yet supported
Special Education Teacher/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 10, 2017
Special education coordinator for 14 schools in the district. Responsibilities included supporting all areas of special education, meetings, compliance, guidance, etc.
Great place for Internship
Career and Technical Education Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 6, 2017
I worked here during high school for credit hours and the employees were all outstanding! My bosses were all very understanding of my busy schedule. The career and Technical Education department were very team oriented.
Pros
Flexible, organized
Fun work place
Crossing guard (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 24, 2017
It was very rewarding working with the kids every day. Always a good day and fun happy environment to work in. Everyone was always very helpful when I was first learning my job. Never felt unwelcome.
good place to work
Instructional Coach (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 25, 2017
There is good team support on campuses and supportive administration on campuses. There is also good opportunity for professional development and professional growth
politics is everywhere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 15, 2017
no time to say all of what I'd like. Suffice to say that i would like to teach English online rather than work for the public schools system. A flawed system at that.
Pros
some people
Cons
some people
Fast pace environment with constant changes
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 23, 2017
Oversee and maintained student data base for transportation. Made route changes for driver directions. I learned Edulog, a software for transportation that maintained geographic maps and student data.
There was a lack of cohesiveness and working together as a team.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the new subdivisions and drawing them into the mapping program.

I enjoyed learning about new software.
Pros
so close to home
Cons
Very long hours, no back up for my position
Okay
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AzMarch 15, 2017
There is a range of schools and learning styles. Some work better than others. Positive people who work together can typically find contentment working for the district.
Good Place to Work
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 2, 2017
It is a great place to work. The overall workplace culture is good. The children are great. The only thing that is rough is the pay, but what can you expect with working for a public school district?
Pros
Paid Time Off, Good Workplace Culture
Cons
Pay
education
Lead Teacher Special Education Preschool (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 1, 2016
Peoria Unified School District is a large, fast growing district located in Peoria, AZ. The district serves students Pk-12th grade.
Fun and easy job, but low paying
Kidzone Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 25, 2016
It is a great job if you are just looking for a consistent job to stay at. They do tend to take advantage of you and require you to do more than you get paid.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Take advantage, low paying
Amazing district filled with amazing people!
K-4 General Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 6, 2016
Both growing up in the district and getting the opportunity to work with them as well was always a wonderful experience. I was always greeted by amazing coworkers upon entry and always had people to talk to during the long days. My kids were always so amazing and over the summers I would miss them dearly.

Of course being a teacher you should expect to put in the extra hours that are not on your typical schedule. Coming in early and leaving home late while creating lesson plans over the weekend just seems like normal after a point in time.

I would highly recommend giving Peoria Unified School District a look at if you're considering teaching.
good division of responsibilities, good training, fun co-workers
Food Service Asst (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 4, 2016
Did food prep, served grade school kids lunch, clean up of kitchen and prepare for next day. Good, fun co-workers. Training went smooth and prepared one to do job and be able to move upwards.
Pros
co-workers, free food, school schedule hours
Cons
hot work area often
Great internship
Graphic Design Internship (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 20, 2016
The internship I had as part of the Peoria Unified School District's program, and I certainly learned a great deal from it.
Pros
Learning experience
Good Workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 26, 2016
Enjoy working here, Still employed here and PUSD is a great school district who goes above and beyond for their teachers.
Excellent
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 15, 2016
The hours were wonderful. Great co-workers. The School I worked at was very close to my house. I learned that it takes a lot of time and hard work to keep a business clean, sanitary, and in order. From fixing, setting up graduations, and cleaning not a moment was spared.
Pros
hours
Cons
non applicable
Great working environment
High School Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 12, 2016
The school district is great. Students are well behaved. Enjoyed collaborating with other teachers. Good working environment for kids and teachers.
Stable enjoyable work place
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for this company, in fact it was one of the best jobs I've had. However, it was only part time and could not support me what so ever, I ended up getting a second job and then quitting because I found one job that gave me up to 40 hours a week. This job is perfect if you're just looking to make a little bit of cash, but it's not something I would devote my life to.
Pros
Free lunch, good people, relatively easy work, time off
Cons
bad hours, bad pay, no pay during summer/breaks
Excellent District to work in.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 6, 2016
The organization is set up so that substitute teachers can create their own schedules by simply viewing a schedule of available jobs and applying.
Lots of opportunity
Para Professional (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 10, 2015
Since Peoria Unified School District is such a large district there is a lot of opportunity for growth. Good professional development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PEORIA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2