PEORIA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

PEORIA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Experience
Teacher and Coach (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: working with students and co-workers.
Cons: healthcare
A typical work day included working with students in the classroom and collaborating with my co-workers in regards to setting up a positive learning environment. Each day, I learned something new in regards to how to better motivate and teach the young people that I came in contact with. The administration was positive and very supportive of my work. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the look on the students faces when they were successful with a given task. At times, it was hard to get the students to believe that they could accomplish their task, but over time, they would realize that I was there to help them be the best that they could be in school as well as in life.
Great training for employees and focused on student growth
Substitute teacher (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: pick and choose the jobs you want
Cons: travel time to get to schools
The typical day for a substitute teacher is basically following the lesson plan for the day and executing policies and procedures set forth by the district. I have learned that students have different learning patterns. Management and co-workers are always fantastic and answer any questions I may have. The hardest part of the job is ensuring student understanding of a given topic. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you get from serving others.
Passion for making a difference and this is where it's at.
Teacher (Current Employee), Peoria, ArizonaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work, life balance
Cons: advancement opportunity limited
Prepare and align lessons daily for students.
Current on discipline.
Classroom or campus management.
Practicing safety procedures.
Have a wonderful team and great support staff.
Love data driven work
excellent environment
Certified School Nurse (Former Employee), Peoria, AZMay 15, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Excellent working conditions, busy days, but enjoyable interacting with students and health care needs. Learnt to manage large events like hearing and vision testing. Leant to manage files for hundreds of students. Co workers great. Hardest part of job was to find students for their medications. The most enjoyable part was being there every day.
Customer Experience is all its about!
LAN Technician (Current Employee), Peoria, ArizonaMay 13, 2014
I come to work, review my work orders and strive to get them done efficiently and quick as possible.
I get along great with co-workers and my supervisors. The hardest part about my job, its coming acrossed an answer I may not know. But I have always gotten the help by asking questions or concerns. Technology grows so fast, that there is nothing wrong with asking. The best part about it, is having a good support team to get the job done.
The most enjoyable part is when things are fixed smoothly, and the user and myself are happy. :)
Volunteer / Internship
Lube Technician - Intern (Former Employee), Peoria, AZApril 2, 2014
My Internship through Peoria Unified School District opened my eyes to a whole new realm from the automotive world..

Loved working in the shop environment with my mentor(s) getting to know how things are done. I learned and loved a lot in the little time I interned there (4 months)
Public Education District
Teacher (Current Employee), Peoria, AZMarch 4, 2014
Pros: schedule (school year)
Cons: low salary
Strong district in the West Valley. Has many opportunities for students who attend school in the PUSD.
Filling in for full-time employees at various schools
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 20, 2014
Assigned to different schools around the school district to clean different areas. Learned how to do the basic functions of a full-time custodian. Management was extremely helpful in keeping little down between assigned schools and was always reassuring. Co-workers changed with the school and allowed networking towards a full-time position. Hardest part was the down time between assignments. Most enjoyable part was being able to meet a lot of different people.
Positive Environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Peoria, AZOctober 1, 2013
Pros: part time 4 hours per day. having a positive effect on students.
Cons: lay off due to budget cuts.
Enjoyed working for Peoria Unified School District. Gained professional growth in teaching, student involvement, and group efforts. Met some wonderful peers with drive and compassion. The most difficult part of my job was not being able to be more involved in student activities, while the most enjoyable was watching my students grow and mature.
Great environment to work
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 30, 2013
Pros: great schedule, summers off, good team, students were fantastic
Cons: liability was high
The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers. It was nice to have common "shop" talk when we all got together. We worked closely and as a strong team in a high liability atmosphere.
I held many postions within PUSD
Nurse Assistant Canyon Elementary School (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 23, 2013
Pros: wonderful work environment
Cons: my last position was a 9 month position, i had lost a year round position due to reduction in force budget cuts
I always strived to do more and seek more challenging positions within the school district. Unfortunately the jobs I truly enjoyed and would have stayed at for a lifetime were cut due to state budget cuts.
Excellent work place
Culinary Arts Instructor (Current Employee), Liberty High School,Peoria,AZAugust 13, 2013
Very good support and structured. Allowed the flexibility to make it happen.
Love kids, and must love change.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Peoria, AZAugust 7, 2013
Pros: a good job for a parent with a college education who has school age kids, since it is during the hours the kids are in school, flexible in days you want to work.
Cons: as a substitute there is no training, since they assume you have a teaching degree or are in the process of getting one, to maximize being called for a job, one has to sing up to work multiple school sites, this results in different schools, time start is different, lunch breaks, prep, discipline at each school is different, everything is constant changing everyday.
Kids are fun and challenging. Different rules for different schools is hard to keep up with. Constant change throughout the day. No training.
Great group of professionals to learn from in the mist of my new career field change.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 12, 2013
No better place to develop the day to day fundamentals needed to become a successful educator. Learning from the many great faculty, and amazing students, enables me to look forward to a day at work.
Great memories with wonderful staff (we still meet monthly) and great students!
Spanish teacher (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2013
Pros: relationships
Cons: i would only say the con is that it is only a memory now. :)
My fondest professional memories as all four of my children attended Cactus High School while I worked there. I am still in contact with many of my past students and meet with the retired staff twice a month. We are truly family.

I was involved in the Spanish Club; Sponsored the Freshman class in Student Government; Sponsored the Hip Hop Team and volunteered tutoring our English Language Students.

Professional instruction time: 6:30 - 3:30 and after school involvement as a spectator to many sports and plays and musical events.
Great district to work for. One of the best early childhood programs in the state.
Pre-kindergarten teacher (Current Employee), Glendale, ArizonaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: large district can provide many services a small district cannot.
Cons: the public school system has obstacles because of the bureaucracy.
This district services about 1,000 preschoolers in a mostly inclusive setting. The professional development is worthwhile.
Very well structured place to work.
Professional Elementary Educator (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 9, 2012
A+ and national acredited school in the state of Arizona.

Spanish Immersion Program
Title I school
After school math and reading programs
Enrichment Programs
Summer school reading program
Public School District
Foreman / Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 27, 2012
Pros: benefits adn holidays
Cons: low wages
Well organized shop with all necessary tools and equipment to perform duties properly and safely.
Hard working group of people that love kids
Educator (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJune 12, 2012
Educating tomorrow's youth where I learned to collaborate with my peers to provide a solid learning foundation. I worked for amazing administrators and the faculty is like family. The hardest part of my job and reason I left was because I could no longer afford to teach there. My pay had been cut every year for the passed 5 yrs while my bills went up. I loved teaching children and will miss that aspect of my job immensely!