Pep Boys Auto

Pep Boys Auto Employee Reviews

Not so good.
Customer Service Advisor, Full-time (Current Employee), FloridaMay 20, 2015
The company moved to a one team and eliminated positions that were necessary to productivity of the store. You generally are paid minimum wage yet have multiple responsibilities of multiple jobs because of those positions they had removed from the store. Usually management will lure you into doing management positions without management pay. Overall the benefits are one of the only things that make the job worth the stress. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a guest leave happy with a vehicle working to safety conditions.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toms River, NJMay 20, 2015
Management likes to pick and choose who will work more hours NOT based on who works the hardest. Other Employees are very nice, and fun people to be around.
Productive, but not enough opportunity to advance.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Covina, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Worked with my school schedule.
Cons: Under appreciated, favoritism, harassment, and discrimination.
A typical day for me is maintain busy and finish tasks for the day. I multitask in Sales for Service, Retail, and Parts/Commercial department. I also pick up calls throughout the shift. I merchandise and manage audits/inventory. Data entry, filling, and filing forms is included. Customer service is the most important to the company, so I do the best I can. I came into this company not knowing anything about automotive and within the first year I learned to work for all departments. The hardiest part of my job is experiencing poor management, harassment, and discrimination. The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing my customers as it strengthens my knowledge and communication skills.
Great Place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee), Chicago AreaMay 18, 2015
Daily challenges, open direction,
Good training and leader ship.
Strong support from Area Directors and VP levels

Best part of the job is the people you work with.
Great Place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 17, 2015
Work life balance is great. First job and has definitely made me learn a lot. Nothing hard about the job really. Management is there for you to succeed.
Poorly run from the top down
Technician (Former Employee), Lombard, ILMay 13, 2015
Pros: Healthcare options, PTO
Cons: low wages
Pep Boys pays terribly, but offers pretty competitive benefits. They are open 363 days a year, guaranteeing to miss family time on holidays. The company, from the executive side, is more of a revolving door than the actual shops. CEOs and the like continually leave, as well as district managers.
good job but with lots of responsibilities
Cashier (Former Employee), JacksonvilleMay 11, 2015
my typical day at work included working at the cash register and filling out paper for customers who needed work on their car. I didn't gain much knowledge from this job pretty much the same experience from my previous job. the manager was good, a very nice and understanding person. However he did not want to change my schedule to my availability and I had to change it quite often. my co workers were also nice and taught me most of the stuff I needed to know. The hardest part was working the long hours even though I worked about 30 a week, the hard part was working nights. The most enjoyable part was helping customers in need and seeing there joyful faces when the job was done.
ok
General Service Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch
i learned to repair vehicles at a timely matter. coworker , and treated decent. flexible schedules, good hours, and close to home.
Good and friendly atmosphere.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Freindly and supportive co-worker's
Cons: At times short of help. However, the team members were supportive, which a big difference.
Working with customers, diagnosing the problems with their vehicles. I have learned, how to make customer's happy, by going above and beyond the expectations. Management was great. Co-workers were the best. The hardest part, was to work in a vehicle repair area, because I loved the customers and always wanted to make sure they have been taking care of, while waiting.
PRODUCTIVE
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: local
Cons: hourly rate
Work is always busy, make sure customers come first. Assure all items are stocked and organized. Co-workers are always helpful and very hard working. I learned everything I need to know to work in this field. There is no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when customer don't think twice about purchasing an item that is needed and has no limit in money.
Terrible Company To Work For
Sales Promotional Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Hours were regular
Cons: See Above
They do not care about their people. Worked in the Merchandise Planning/Planogram department and the Assisant Vice President and Director are evil self centered people, yet they still have jobs.No communication or recognition. We would have to celebrate both the Assistant Vice President and Director's birthday but nobody else in the department got a birthday party hmmmmm.
poor job handling
Auto Technician (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
coworkers were good, job handling, management training was not vary good. they all are not vary good at taking care of employees
Selling parts to my regular Customers was awesome
Commercial Sales Associate (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunch occasionally, Great Prices
Cons: Bad management, poor customer service
I loved my job at Pep Boys, I was just never satisfied with their choice of management. In the two and a half years I worked there, it seemed as if no one ever stayed in one spot.
it was okay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: nice customers
Cons: no insurance
I was a driver for this company on a daily basis, and all their customers where nice and respectful, their management was ok but supportive.
Pep Boys is the next Titanic
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Edison, NJMay 3, 2015
Pros: now NONE
Cons: no help in the stores
Pep Boys used to a excellent compnay to work for. Pay and benefits used to be good. Not anymore the company has LOST all sense of direction.
fun, dosent seem like a job
sales associate (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 29, 2015
if you are into cars this is a job for you. fun atmosphere, and colleges who share your interest will work with you to learn more. customer friendly
Ok place for short-term employment
Service Writer (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling, Free uniforms, Nice store, multiple national locations
Cons: Low low hourly pay, low commissions, retail hours, difficult mechanics
I have worked for Pep Boys for 7 months. Work environment is good. I appreciated the free uniform service. Wages and commissions are low. It is difficult to make decent pay as a full-time service writer. The training program is minimal. The computer system is not very user friendly. This is a decent place for part-time or short-term work, but I would non make a long-term career here.
It was a fun place to work the staff made it enjoyable
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Everett, MAApril 28, 2015
The staff at the store was friendly and fun to work with but the corporate staff was not so people friendly. A typical day was assisting customers with there purchase, making sure they had everything they needed to get there project complete. I also assisted wholesale customers with there purchases and payments to there account as well as making sure everyone was completely satisfied with the services provided.
Good Place
General Service Technician (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 23, 2015
Constantly learning, can be busy. The only thing they need to improve on is their hours of scheduling, i lost about 15 hours just because they need to cut hours its not a good enough excuse to use for someone who has been working their for more than a year.
Good learning experience in service and retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Never boring
Cons: Culture could be negative
Challenging balancing service and retail, but was a good company to work for albeit for a short time. Learning curve for me was steep but i learned fast and training was excellent. There def was a good management training program. Sometimes unprofessional behavior on behalf of service side was bad but was still a positive experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pep Boys Auto

An automotive paradise for do-it-yourselfers, The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack hears the cries of "Do it for me!", too. The company sells – Read more

Pep Boys Auto Salaries