Pep Boys Auto

Pep Boys Auto United States Employee Reviews

fun, dosent seem like a job
sales associate (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 29, 2015
if you are into cars this is a job for you. fun atmosphere, and colleges who share your interest will work with you to learn more. customer friendly
Ok place for short-term employment
Service Writer (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling, Free uniforms, Nice store, multiple national locations
Cons: Low low hourly pay, low commissions, retail hours, difficult mechanics
I have worked for Pep Boys for 7 months. Work environment is good. I appreciated the free uniform service. Wages and commissions are low. It is difficult to make decent pay as a full-time service writer. The training program is minimal. The computer system is not very user friendly. This is a decent place for part-time or short-term work, but I would non make a long-term career here.
It was a fun place to work the staff made it enjoyable
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Everett, MAApril 28, 2015
The staff at the store was friendly and fun to work with but the corporate staff was not so people friendly. A typical day was assisting customers with there purchase, making sure they had everything they needed to get there project complete. I also assisted wholesale customers with there purchases and payments to there account as well as making sure everyone was completely satisfied with the services provided.
Good Place
General Service Technician (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 23, 2015
Constantly learning, can be busy. The only thing they need to improve on is their hours of scheduling, i lost about 15 hours just because they need to cut hours its not a good enough excuse to use for someone who has been working their for more than a year.
Good learning experience in service and retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Never boring
Cons: Culture could be negative
Challenging balancing service and retail, but was a good company to work for albeit for a short time. Learning curve for me was steep but i learned fast and training was excellent. There def was a good management training program. Sometimes unprofessional behavior on behalf of service side was bad but was still a positive experience.
good job
Sales Person (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 20, 2015
Learned how to write service
Stocked Shelves
Dealt with customers
Went the extra mile changing windshield wiper blades for free and bringing customers their cars
work hard all day
Parts Department Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometime
Cons: short break
working with cowork and great teammember job site , help the customer with find the right part and happy customer with home with the part for the car ...
Good compamy
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 15, 2015
Pep Boys automotive is a good place to work. There are a lot of good people that work at Pep Boys automotive. Pep Boys is a good company to work for.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2015
It's a good place to work. You can acquire a lot of social skills and interacting with the public and learn a lot. It's wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed it a 100%
good
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 9, 2015
it ok if your starting out in the field and need to learn more in the industry its hard to get a raise co workers always changing
Learned a lot
Parts Manager/Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), oceanside caApril 5, 2015
Learned a lot about cars, sales, and workplace leadership. They teach you everything you need to know to advance and give you the opportunities to move up.
The place to go to learn about cars
Parts Manager (Former Employee), North Wales, PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Family-like environment
Cons: Inability to advance up in the company
The most enjoyable part of working at PepBoys was the "family-like" staff and the ability to learn as much as possible about cars. I have worked alongside many mechanics and have learned an exponential amount of knowledge about the different "systems" in a car. I enjoyed my time being the manager as myself and my employees all worked as a team to help every customer and ensure that we hit our sales goals for the day and for the week.
Could be better.
Service Writer (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 20, 2015
The work place was good,but the manager had a very short temper and was not really into teaching and wanted someone just to catch on without learning.
Great company but bad wages
General Service Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: poor wages for the amout of work
I was with the company for a year. learn a lot of different thing had good training. Became the lead tech in the shop but was never promoted or giving a raise
Productive, nice people to work with
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: 20% off of items
Cons: not enough pay
productive, stayed busy with inventory, knowledge of parts, management was great, co- workers were great, hardest part was running different areas at the same time. enjoyable part was learning about vehicle parts.
exciting
automotive technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2015
love to fix cars,love working with my hands,love interacting with other people troubleshooting is fun management was cool co-workers were easy to get a long with
A place to learn and grow as a family, a team that experiences new situations each day.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Handling a crew of 6-8 technician and meeting new customers daily.
Cons: Because of the industry and skills of my mechanics, there are time when there is not enough work coming into the shop, which mean less pay for myself and mechanics on a consistent basis, Which means bills and rent may have issues.
The hardest part of the job is finding the exact problem. it is though satisfying to fix and see a customer gratification when the job is done especially in a timely matter. We take reservations and once the vehicles are in we have our technician analyze the situation for the correct diagnosis procedure. with an approval from our customers we proceed to diagnose and with an approval by phone after the break down of the damage and cost of labor and parts, we take care of the issue in a effective and timely manner. the customer is called for pickup payment is procured and we continue to have another satisfied customer by the hour or daily depending on the service rendered.
Fun place to work
Technician (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYMarch 14, 2015
I recommend anyone that's looking for work experience in this field work at pep boys. my co workers are very helpful and teach me new things everyday.
Flexability to satisfy
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pep Boys is a unique parts and service provider. The selection is different from the rest. I enjoyed having that unique edge to provide quality parts and prices. I also was pleased with their pay rate. I had to leave due to illness.
Sonic good
Parts/Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 12, 2015
Not your typical fast food restaurant. Its fun to work at if seasonal or temporary. take as part time not full time. not a career job, more like a summer job

1 2 3 4 5

About Pep Boys Auto

An automotive paradise for do-it-yourselfers, The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack hears the cries of "Do it for me!", too. The company sells – Read more

Pep Boys Auto Salaries