Pep Boys Auto Employee Reviews

Great co-workers and customers, terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJuly 1, 2015
Pros: 30 Minute breaks, great people, awesome environment for a motor-head like myself
Cons: The managers are rude.
I worked at Pep Boys for almost a year, in the last few months the store got a set of terrible managers. These managers led me to quitting my job. The people I worked with are great I keep in contact with them because they became like a second family to me. Overall a great job, I loved the customers because they all had their own quirks and its great to see such a variety of people every day.
not bad
Auto Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: too big of a company, too much politics
just your typical auto repair shop, parts room has good stocking levels, make it easier not to wait on parts while doing your job.
Managers can't keep up!
Sales (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2015
Cons: Poor management
Three different managers telling you three different things. Its too much hassel. Too many customer complaints. Not from me or my side, but from the service side which is making the managers not do stuff right on my side. High turnover rate. I have been there the longest out of everybody but the retail manager.
Productive and friendly place
Commercial Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches and benefits
Cons: Sometimes didn't get a break
I really enjoyed working at Pep Boys. I started off as a driver and got moved up within 3 months to a CSA. I loved helping the customers in any way that i could have.
Great place to learn about cars.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Work around cars.
Cons: Had to work weekends.
Before I started this job, I didn't know anything about cars. I was very thankful to learn the basics about cars. Management needed a little work but other than that great place to work.
Decent company going through a lot of change
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), Pleasant Hills, PAJune 26, 2015
Fair compensation for management
Difficult recruiting due to mediocre hourly pay
Lots to learn
Very hands on, managers are floor coverage
LOTS of changes going on in company right now
Great work environment and great customer base
Commercial Sales Associate/Driver (Former Employee), Lake Grove, NYJune 26, 2015
Pros: Full Time Hours Guaranteed
Cons: Needed better management
A typical day at work was making sure all customers and businesses got every part they needed in a short time and providing excellent customer service to every customer who came through the door weather it be commercial accounts to normal retail customers just looking for oil/brakepads etc.
A great place to start building a career in the Automotive Industry
Technician B- (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
A typical day starts out with opening the shop and waiting for the service advisers to bring work orders written up. We pull the in the vehicles and conduct a multi-point inspection of each vehicle to ascertain the overall condition based on the age and mileage. Making note of any serviceable areas needed and making the customers aware of such, if such was unbeknownst to them at the time and await their approval or disapproval of performing additional services. Sometimes the customer is unable to have additional services done to their cars because of time or money, or the lack of either, and we're more than happy to accommodate them with making an appointment for to come later and have the work done. The co-workers are individual people but on the job they're real team players always making themselves available to assist in anything. Even the managers aren't afraid to step in and turn a wrench if necessary.
Good pplace to work
Manager-Asset Recovery (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2015
Good group of people to work with. This is a very organized company with experienced Teams leading the way. The ability to advance is very limited but is possible.
Great place to start off at
CASHIER (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: fun to work at
Cons: pay raises thumbs down
The service was great. They always aim to please the customer but the pay was minimal and I didn't see a raise for the first 5 years! And when I did it was 9 cents!
Not a family company
asstant manager (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLJune 10, 2015
Managed parts and employees but was forced to chose between family and work. Day to Day parts sale and managing employees
Poor place to work
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2015
Upper management is out of touch with their stores. With a floor area the size of a small KMart, they often have less people than smaller parts stores. this leads to poor customer service, as employees are often at scattered through out the store working on tasks.
fun, friendly
Mechanic Tech B (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJune 9, 2015
This is a friendly and fun yet strict place to work. they value their employees and their families but also treat you like THEIR family.
PRODUCTIVE
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 8, 2015
Pros: PARTTIME
Cons: NO FULL TIME HOURS
A NICE PLACE TO WORK IF LOOKING FOR A PART TIME. ONLY BAD PART HARD TO MAKE A 40 HOUR WORK WEEK PAYS NOT THAT GOOD BUT IF YOU LOOKING FOR SECOND INCOME ITS OK PLACE TO WORK
nice work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: no free things
greet customers handle cash promote sales my co workers were awesome an my managers were even better. the onky hard thing about working there was trying to keep up with all the latest car parts
fun competetive environment
Service Writer (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FlJune 3, 2015
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: management practices
This affordaed me the opportunity to do what I loved to do. Constantly attaining a new customer base, and keeping them happy made the job enjoyable. compensation and benefits at the time were great. Always a new experience, with new challeneges and goals.
Fast paced environment
Assistant Service Manager/Service Advisor (Current Employee), Santee, CaliforniaJune 1, 2015
Supervising associates and prioritizing work for technicians. Training and coaching associates on customer service and communication. Great team atmosphere.
customer service manager
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Laurel, MDMay 27, 2015
typical work day is to come in and look over all store numbers. check the store training success. look in the system for any customer complaint. help train associate on job duties
Not so good.
Customer Service Advisor, Full-time (Current Employee), FloridaMay 20, 2015
The company moved to a one team and eliminated positions that were necessary to productivity of the store. You generally are paid minimum wage yet have multiple responsibilities of multiple jobs because of those positions they had removed from the store. Usually management will lure you into doing management positions without management pay. Overall the benefits are one of the only things that make the job worth the stress. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a guest leave happy with a vehicle working to safety conditions.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toms River, NJMay 20, 2015
Management likes to pick and choose who will work more hours NOT based on who works the hardest. Other Employees are very nice, and fun people to be around.