Pep Boys Auto

Pep Boys Auto Employee Reviews

fun work enverirment
tech b (Former Employee), Newington, NHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: workinng in a shop on cars/trucks.
Cons: flat rate with little bussness at times.
working on cars/trucks. how to work on all different makes and models of cars/trucks. great management team. I got to be under to hood of a car/truck.
Mechanic
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Rio GrandeJanuary 27, 2015
Mechanic automotive and trucks.
Repair a/c.
Auto diagnostic.
Check in and check out.
Supervisor the matrerial and the employe.
Change the wheels and balance.
Supervision and inspection all car.
n/a
sales assocate/stock person (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2015
help with customers needs ,learned to work in a team. some co-workers were very friendly.the management was ok. the hardest part was having people steal items from the store and not being able to do anything about it.the best part was meeting new customers and having them leave the store satisfied.
Good First Job for young people
Delivery Driver/Retail Employee (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: ease of work, little job stress, good hours
Cons: the pay $8 an hour
Pep Boys was my first job, very basic place to work, no stress or heavy work load. I learned about about the Automotive industry working here and other aspects of the work force. A typical day started out with clocking in and traveling to different locations dropping off parts to various car dealers and privately own automotive places. The delivery parts range in size and weight, some can be really heavy others light as a feather. The hardest part of the job is looking for certain parts in the store and finding some of the small automotive shops. On the hot Fl summer days outside delivering parts can feel brutal at times.
service writer and autolube tire changer
Tallahassee Fla, Service Writer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2015
my job was to write up repairs and I also was a tire and lube tech also small repairs
productive
Advisor (Former Employee), carolina P.RJanuary 22, 2015
learn about cars and costumer service and mechanical and I like to resolve the problems with our costumers
it was an ok job if you are just starting out in your career
Automotive Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: company car, small expense account, just an ok job.
Cons: capped on commissions.
I did enjoy the people I worked with, however we were given titles of "Fleet Managers" but reality you were not able to use your management skills. Everything had to go to corporate for any kind of decision. I looked at this position as an outside salesman for the 21 stores I was responsible for. The position was not challenging at all.
Costumers
Costumer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cotumers
Cons: traffic(low)
Pepboys had a lot of fun people to talk to most were the costumers telling us about their past life and the best moments they have had.
automotive workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 15, 2015
enjoy working on cars but company lacks teamwork or management professionalism. Company fast paced but service writer push to make money over being honest with a customer and selling customer work that is not needed
Commercial
Commercial Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bird RoadJanuary 7, 2015
You learn a lot working at pepboys,but if you're looking for pay and benefits, its not the best place unless you're a manager
their managers are trained to be head strong.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reseda, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: employee treatment, low pay, no raises.
I worked for them for 5 years and only got a raise when I was promoted, which is the only reason I took the promotion, you can work there for 20 years and never receive a raise unless you are promoted. The employees dont know anything about cars, the service dept employees are there because they need a job, they dont care about anything else, they fix things that arent broken, and they arent truthfull about repairs to the customers.
Productive place to work at
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 29, 2014
The most enjoyable part was when Customers were coming back and asking for a help of mine, as they were happy with my services earlier.
I learned a lot about the vehicles and servicing them.
great place
SERVICE MANAGER/ASE (Former Employee), Landover, MDDecember 25, 2014
great employees, as in many others, it's not the company, but employees in upper management who is not considerate
Hit and miss on work
Mechanic (Former Employee), indianapolis,INDecember 23, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no money
It was an ok company but had some major flaws. Most of the time there were to many people and not enough cars. You spent most of the time cleaning their shop for free. The management never pushed business and just kind of stood there. If anyone over them came in you had to look busy or you were fired. It was a very stressfull environment.
worst place to work for
no breaks
no advancement
waste of time and work
n/a
General service Technician (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: needs better mangment
low pay wouldn't work for them again I have nothing much to say.
Not bad to earn an income
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: low pay, not much room for advancement, poor management
Not a bad place to work to earn an income while you go to school or look for something better. Job isn't too hard, but can be stressful when understaffed. Management often does not keep their promises and pay is low with laughable raises. The best part of this experience is the friends I have made while working here.
NOPE NOPE NOPE
Customer Service, Service Advisor (Former Employee), Westechester CaDecember 15, 2014
Go work at autozone or oriellys if you want a parts Job

Management are slave drivers Literally Assistant manager throws things on the ground when they aren't faced correctly. Wont get promoted unless your Hispanic or sleeping with the store manager
Excellent atmosphere
Sales Support (Current Employee), Salem, NHDecember 10, 2014
Great place to work, great benefits for gearheads, and love interacting with people on a daily basis talking about things we have a passion for
Former sales representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Broomall, PADecember 9, 2014
•Provided professional, courteous, and detailed service to individuals and businesses in person and via phone
•Identified customer needs and research requests for specialized parts or equipment
•Functioned as team member to promote customer service, a positive work environment, and compliance with corporate policies and procedures
•Operated cash register and responsible for reconciling cash drawer

About Pep Boys Auto

An automotive paradise for do-it-yourselfers, The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack hears the cries of "Do it for me!", too. The company sells – Read more

Pep Boys Auto Salaries