Pepco Holdings

Pepco Holdings Employee Reviews

the pay started out ok until they changed the pay scale and the customers were terrible
CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: good insurance after getting hired full time by company
Cons: only had weekends off and it was difficult to get a day off and the pay went down
started out answering phone, changed to online orders. People will lie, was good, my supervisor was nice, customers, going home
High level of experience
Sr. Engineering Associate (Current Employee), Washington DCJune 13, 2015
Pros: pay benifits
Cons: drive
Great company with great benefits and pay. Work 10-12 hours a day though and drive 2 hours one way to get to work is the only down fall.
New experience that was a challenge
Skill Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 4, 2015
Pros: in the morning there would be free donuts. On fridays my boss would buy pizza for everyone.
Cons: Short Breaks
My day at work would begin at 6am which requires me to be there 30 minutes early, and I learn how to mow and trim the professional way which I like, I also held the responsibility to keep and maintain my designated latrine clean. some of my co-workers was awesome to work with but some were lazy which me and my other co-workers had to work later and harder to finish our job. The hardest part of working for Pepco was having to cover for the other co-worker(s) who was absent for work without any notice to the company. The most enjoyable part of my job was the getting off from a long days of work and being around my co-workers who was full of fun at least some of them.
Productive and fun workplace
coach, facilitator, and/or negotiator (Former Employee), Forestville MDJune 1, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: healthcare and no increase/raises
Welcoming my employees as the arrive for work. How to be much more patience when dealing with the public and their outrage attitudes and complaints. Should and could be better. Very friendly and very helpful. Not having my supervisor supporting my position and my job. I loved what I did, interacting with the public when they came in and needed information, my employees that were under me as a supervisor and just the idea of getting up in the morning and being able to interact with people.
Pepco
Field Engineering Technician (Current Employee), North East, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great experience
Cons: None
I love my job. Education and training is important at Pepco. If you like engineering and power the field you will love working at Pepco.
A lot of experience that can be shared here.
Contractor (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 26, 2015
There's a lot that this company can learn about Agile methodology, hiring standards, and salary requirements. The pending merger may help the management of information and technology.
Great Location and beneifts of traveling
System Engineer IV, Voice (Current Employee), Washington DCApril 20, 2015
The most important part of my duties at PHI, is there is always workand knowledge to learn. Giving my title I maintain the complete Voice infrastructure across four states and five off site call centers. Also Implemented At Home Agents using 1X Agent.
Fast Pace, Professional Environment
Program Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: A great employer that fits within my career goals, education and training.
Cons: None
Each day brings new opportunities to multi-task and to handle cross functional processes and procedures. Pepco Holdings deals strongly with its share holders and building client relationships.
Challenging and productive work environment
Senior Project Development Engineer (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 31, 2015
At Pepco Energy I get an opportunity to work on challenging energy projects that involve a right mix of field work and office work. There is a lot of learning on the job each day and working with a supportive team of bright colleagues makes the work enjoyable. The team is a led by a supportive manager who is knowledgeable and inspiring. Overall a great place to work and grow the career.
People Management is Messed up
Engineer (Current Employee), VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros:
1. Lots of things to learn.
2. Nice People

Cons:
1. No Job Security - Transition to Exelon Energy
2. Mismanagement of People & time
3. No Growth in the Job
Sold
nch Manager (Former Employee), Coos Bay OregonFebruary 24, 2015
I was the branch manager in Coos Bay Oregon. My team was able to double the business the first year.
This was my first management position. Learned all aspects of management. From reorganizing shipping,receiving and delivery to managing the P&L.
I inherited a group of very unhappy but talented people that required rebuilding trust,enthusiasm,work ethic,and the drive to win.
We doubled the sales,increased the gross margin,developed new customer relationship in the first year.
The company was sold the second year.
Good location and good pay but poor work environment and work/life balance
Revenue Analyst (Account Manager) (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits package, good pay
Cons: poor work/life balance
A typical day at work consisted of me sitting in my cubicle inputting data. While at PHI Holdings I became more proficient with Microsoft Office and I learned how to navigate different software programs like SAP and Oracle. Management was very loose in how they oversaw subordinates so unfortunately there was a lot of workplace gossip. This sometimes led to work not getting done and having to work in – more... that environment everyday was honestly the hardest part of the job. When work got behind management would simply schedule the whole department for mandetory overtime. When I left there employees were working 60 hour workweeks indefinitely. That is terrible if you have a family or care to have any kind of work /life balance. The work was straight forward for the most part after you learn how to do it.....maybe even a little redundant. The building I worked in is in downtown DC and this along with the competitive pay were the most enjoyable parts of the job. – less
Engineer
Engineer (Former Employee), MdFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: salary, and benefits
Cons: union sucks and has beef with management no one gets along
worked as an engineer at this company, my experiences management sucks, it is not structured, the job that I was doing was not engineering, Union is the devil, and no training whatsoever! I don't recommend my friends to work here or anyone else Thank God exelon is taking over hopefully they will get this straighten out!!!!!!!!!
Enjoyed the atmosphere of the company
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2015
The growth opportunity in within the company as a contractor was slim to none.
ok place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), mobile,alJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: bonuses, health care
Cons: management, and other co-workers getting in your business
I worked 7:00 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday. I learned how to load and unload box,and tanker trucks.I liked working there,but was told I would get a raise after ninety days and didn't.
Great place to be employeed
desk clerk (Former Employee), washington dcJanuary 13, 2015
coworkers were nice and pay was excellent
clean and neat workplace
Depressing ace to work
CSR Rep (Current Employee), san antonio, txDecember 14, 2014
Pros: m-f schedule
Cons: short breaks..depressing work environment
Customers are upset when they get to you because they have been on hold for over an hour..the phone system could not understand what the customer is saying..the phone system is not set up to route the customer to the appropriate department.

My account never works

Dispatch is extremely rude.

The office is just Unorganized

I feel you shouldn't have to suck up to any upper management to feel apart of a so-called team

The pay is unrealistic.. I have never heard of acuity pay scale..honestly, I think it is illegal.

Way too much favoritism going on, gossiping, and back stabbing..

The call center has not been open that long..and I dont see it lasting long here
good company, good manager (mine)
Contract Project / Construction Manager (Current Employee), nationalNovember 11, 2014
Pros: ok most of the time
Cons: lots of negative
like to get into the real word and get some real answers. need more honesty
I enjoyed working at PEPCO because I got a lot of hands-on training.
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job at PEPCO was the opportunity to learn a lot of new technologies and an opportunity to configure many Cisco routers and switches such at Nexus 7K series and 4500x switches.
Family environment
Avaya Voice Engineer IV (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 12, 2014
A typical day includes working with vendors to provide a stable telephony infrastructure all in order to provide a enhanced customer experience.

1 2 3 4

About Pepco Holdings

Pepco Holdings arguably has more power in the US capital than any politician. The holding company distributes electricity and – Read more

Pepco Holdings Salaries