Pepco Holdings Employee Reviews

Very fast paced, encouraging legal department
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2017
Working at Pepco Holdings was a great experience for me. Since my contract ran out, I have applied for two additional positions with Exelon, the parent company and with Pepco.
Pros
Management encourages its employees to work as independent as possible
Cons
As with any corporation, people get way to comfortable and slack off.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2017
I learned how to save cost on home electricity and explain it to others, I also learned how to show them how to read their graphs and save on electricity. Also, we learned how to open new electric accounts.
Pros
Helping others by exeplaining how to save
Cons
very short break
Pepco is a very nice place to work.
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
Very professional atmosphere, I really enjoyed coming into work. Sadly, it was a temporary contract position. Working in the legal department of a utility company is a lot different than working in a law firm.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
The position ended.
great company to work for
Cost Controller / Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wash. DC; Delaware, and New JerseyJune 21, 2017
People who come and work here pretty much stay and never leave. I work with several folks who are going on 40-yrs with this firm. Great place, nice pay, and super benefits..
Fine Company To Work For
Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 5, 2017
As a contractor, I have had a good experience working with Exelon/PHI. There have been some bumps in the road with the merger, but my managers have been good and the people I work with are professional and great to work with.
Pros
The Employee's
Cons
Management is in flux
Productive and fun to work there
Economist-Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2017
I admire the company because its value, diverse culture and job security.

1. Represented the company to make presentation at the national level at Forecasting Forum
2. Annual meeting with great speakers
3. Free lunch periodically with new presentation by senior management
4. Provided data and information to the Government agencies
5. Keep records of SOX compliance
Pros
Free gifts during Christmas and Thanksgiving+
Cons
Advancement is limited and slow
Amazing place to work, with great people
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2017
I learned a lot during my experience with Pepco. It was informative and something I will never forget.The staff was patient during my taring process, and answered any questions happily whenever asked.
n/a
Service Representative B Temp (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDApril 25, 2017
I am answering incoming calls for my 8 hour day. only get 10 mins of personal time a day to use bathroom or stretch. they monitor your calls and they do 4 qualities on your calls.
Pros
health care
Dynamic Company to work for
Customer Service Representative B (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDApril 17, 2017
The environment in which PHI gives its employees is amazing. Everything is fair and they always make sure your work never goes unnoticed. I absolutely loved my supervisors and team leads on this job.
Pros
The Company as a whole
HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 23, 2017
A typical day at work involves checking emails and voicemail.
I learned the importance of community outreach.
Management is experienced.
The hardest part of the job is some of the technology.
I enjoyed the employees.
Stressful work environment
Call center representative/Credit and Collection (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 17, 2017
Pepco Pays and the work is no walk in the park But the environment is very stressful. There is a lot of drama, the employees are hateful and rude along with the managers and the Reps are RUDE to customers.. No amount of money will allow me to work at such hateful,stressful, place again!
Pros
Free food and you can switch to different departments after a year of hard work
Cons
The Employees and Managers are disrespectful and hateful
Great company to work for.
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2017
Benefits compensation, job security, management and job culture are great attributes of this company allow with the paid time off. I have enjoyed working for PHI. If you get a job with PHI you will be satisfied and pleased with how they operate. I have learned so much with being assigned to different projects.
An operation support Oracle DBA
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2017
My typical day at work varies on a daily bases, normally ranging from working on small projects, resolving database related problems like critical alert and failures to ensure database availability and performance.
To talk more on how my typical day at work looks like, each and every blessed day I clock in at work by 7:45am, the first thing I do is to
- Make sure that the listener is up as well as the instance.
- Check on my email if there are any tickets assigned to my group or to me respond to the by working on the related issue right, resolving the problem and closing the ticket.
The number of incident tickets assigned to me on a daily also influenced my daily activities; again as I said, everything varies on a daily base. Some days I have incident tickets assigned to me with database related issues like;
- Instance is down
- Listener is down (listener log file)
- Tablespace full warning
- Archiving log issues, possible causes include standby database issues, it could be full, could be data guard-transportation issues, could be flash recovery area may be full
- Flash recovery area issues(full or running out of space)
- Failed jobs (in case of some failed jobs, will have to restart it) like Backup failure (possible cause; script did not run wrong password or permission issues, agent is down, no or limited space.
- Data corruption like Ora 1555 snapshot too old possible cause; read consistency, undo retention too small ( have to extend the undo retention period using the Undo_retention Parameter by adding the retention period and guaranteeing it)
Talent Acquisition Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 9, 2016
People are nice people enjoy the work the interns got great opportunties and the company cared about everyone. The CEO was kind and treated people nice and always came around to help others
Great job
Senior System Transmission Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 2, 2016
I love the company, great place to work and learn, I have made a lot of great friends and contacts here. The experience and knowledge I have gained here is extremely valuable
Great Company
Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2016
Good company with an emerging culture. With the merger with Exelon the future is bright for this company. I know that they will continue to be one of the best utility companies in the country.
Family Oriented
CHP Plant Administrative Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2016
Working at Pepco has been a great experience for me. A typical day at work, I was stress free, learned to be objective, managed personnel relationships, my co-workers were laid back. The hardest part of my job was not finishing a task and the most enjoyable part of the job was that it became my home away from home.
fine
Business Analyst Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2016
Great benefits, under lots of changes after Exelon Merger. A lot of employees have been with the company for 30 years or more.
Benefits
Cons
Career Pathing
very productive and energetic work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company. The co-workers and management had a very open and effective working relationship. Every day was a new learning experience.
ok to work
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDOctober 10, 2016
not to many benefits of room for advancement.
Start time is at 700am- 300pm.
You become a road warrior.
Management not very supportive
Pros
time to your self
Cons
long hours driving