Pepco Holdings Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent program
Temporary Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJuly 9, 2016
Positive family enhancement program. Encouraged parental and child growth. Goal was family enrichment. It was very rewarding to see improved parenting skill and increased knowledge of child development.
Productive Company with great future
Real Estate Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 25, 2016
Recently, Pepco merged with Exelon companies. Great optimism for the company and it's permanent employees. However, I need a permanent full-time job with benefits whereby I can look forward in fostering new opportunities in the utility industry.
Pros
Great Place to Work, Nice Work Location
Cons
Contractor employees are rarely hired
Company is ok but it really depends on the group
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2016
The Company culture is really depends on the group. The group I was in has very strong competition. Working long hours. I would not recommend to someone who has family especially who has younger kids.
Positive atmosphere and strong leadership
Intern, Revenue Management Process (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 29, 2016
I have learned much during my time here. I have gained a great deal of experience organizing large data sets, tracking and reporting a multitude of metrics, balancing multiple projects, and ability to meet critical deadlines with a high quality of work. I have very much enjoyed being able to work from home, work at multiple locations, and work with strong leaders within the organization.
Pros
Working remote, light traveling
Cons
No PTO for interns
Excellent company!
Manager Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJMarch 13, 2016
Great company work environment and very good salary and benefits. Very good opportunities for advancement. Some travel is required, but is very limited.
Very good work environment
Junior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 3, 2016
Good culture, Learnt different technics for quality testing. Management was very good and co-operative. co-workers were very nice to work with.
Great Experience
Hybrid- Technician (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 12, 2016
Demonstrate strong understanding of PEPCO “Energy Wise” rewards Program
Promoting and explaining Digital Cycling Unit (DCU) and Thermostat equipments to residents and businesses HVAC systems
Serve the customer in answering questions and addressing concerns to their satisfaction
Installing Digital Cycling Unit (DCU) and Thermostat equipment to residents and business HVAC systems
Strategically canvas neighborhoods according to territory in efforts to enroll customers in PEPCO “Energy Wise Rewards Program”
Pros
Flexibility, great work envirnoment
Cons
Stability
Poor Planning and Execution
Contract Project / Project-Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 22, 2016
Background got me in the door. their poor planning got me out.
poorest jog setup I ever seen
no real plan, no documentation satisfied etc
Pros
paid good
Cons
ever day another disaster and always a suprise.
plant operator (Current Employee) –  DC Water Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2016
Currently I work at the first BioGas plant on the east coast with Pepco Holding. My day is amazing and full of learning. My co workers are a great bunch of guys working for a common cause EXCELLENTS and safe reliable plant.

The most enjoyable part is our a Manager. He is first class and I have not told him but he is the Manager of the Year! AWESOME
Pros
12 hour four day shift
Cons
long days
Great company and job security.
Complaint Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 3, 2015
Good upper management and friendly co-workers. Learned to route trouble work and read area maps as well as feeder maps.
Pros
Always room for advancement.
Cons
Shift work.
Great Place to work with ample opportunity
Account Coordinator /Billing Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 25, 2015
Great Place to work this has been a enjoyable experience. There is so much opportunity. Working in a production enviornment has became challenging and rewarding. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
A very energetic setting that's gives its employees ample amount of opportunity..
Costumer Services Representive (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 15, 2015
A very exciting working environment, that's encourage personal growth such as educational reimbursement. This influence promoting with-in and discourage slacking from association thus you reek what you sole. To be clear if you work hard at Pepco then opportunity is endless.
Steady work
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 1, 2015
Pay was fantastic! Management could be hard to deal with every now and then. At the end of the month billing that was not completed was dispursed to all employees that had already completed their work and it was always the same people. Slackers are never held accountable for their work since they know they can always get help. Driving to DC was also terrible. Wish I could of been offered part time . I would of stayed forever simply for the money!
The company is joy to work for.
BILLING & CREDIT ASSOCIATE /CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Carney"s Point NJAugust 21, 2015
Accountempts worked well with getting back into the work force after 10 years of being unemployed in July of 2000. They got me into a reparable company, where I became a permanent employee with Pepco Holdings.
Pros
Very enjoyably company to work at
Cons
short breaks
Convenient location in downtown. Constant re-scoping made delivery challenging.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
As a project team, we were tasked with helping to stand up the cyber security compliance program. The team was great.

Management was constantly re-scoping work to be delivered. We did deliver, but not until after our work was re-scoped numerous times. There was confusion over statements of work, or staff augmentation.

The Transmission and Systems Engineers we worked with were very friendly and professional. It was the management that was challenging.

Our compliance team delivered numerous compliance programs, processes, and procedures in support of the overall cyber security compliance program.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Fluid scope of work
the pay started out ok until they changed the pay scale and the customers were terrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2015
started out answering phone, changed to online orders. People will lie, was good, my supervisor was nice, customers, going home
Pros
good insurance after getting hired full time by company
Cons
only had weekends off and it was difficult to get a day off and the pay went down
High level of experience
Sr. Engineering Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 13, 2015
Great company with great benefits and pay. Work 10-12 hours a day though and drive 2 hours one way to get to work is the only down fall.
Pros
pay benifits
Cons
drive
New experience that was a challenge
Skill Laborer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2015
My day at work would begin at 6am which requires me to be there 30 minutes early, and I learn how to mow and trim the professional way which I like, I also held the responsibility to keep and maintain my designated latrine clean. some of my co-workers was awesome to work with but some were lazy which me and my other co-workers had to work later and harder to finish our job. The hardest part of working for Pepco was having to cover for the other co-worker(s) who was absent for work without any notice to the company. The most enjoyable part of my job was the getting off from a long days of work and being around my co-workers who was full of fun at least some of them.
Pros
in the morning there would be free donuts. On fridays my boss would buy pizza for everyone.
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun workplace
coach, facilitator, and/or negotiator (Former Employee) –  Forestville MDJune 1, 2015
Welcoming my employees as the arrive for work. How to be much more patience when dealing with the public and their outrage attitudes and complaints. Should and could be better. Very friendly and very helpful. Not having my supervisor supporting my position and my job. I loved what I did, interacting with the public when they came in and needed information, my employees that were under me as a supervisor and just the idea of getting up in the morning and being able to interact with people.
Pros
free parking
Cons
healthcare and no increase/raises
Pepco
Field Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  North East, MDMay 19, 2015
I love my job. Education and training is important at Pepco. If you like engineering and power the field you will love working at Pepco.
Pros
Great experience