Pepper Construction Employee Reviews

Great and exciting
Administrative Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 1, 2017
I worked with program managers at different job sites. Construction administration is very rewarding as you are able to see the progress of the projects and be involved in them
Pros
great workplace
Quick paced
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLNovember 30, 2017
My experience at pepper construction was a good learning and working environment. Where I learned to work as a team and also bettered myself in the process.
Pros
good benefits, good team, exercise
Cons
no time off, short breaks, low pay
Productive and safe workplace
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
Good people with good work ethics. Pepper has a lot of the best projects in Chicago and the surrounding area. It is exciting and memorable to have a part in each project.
Pros
The pay and benefits are very good and the work environment is organized.
Cons
The work is unpredictable, Some jobs may last a day some a month, You could wait a day or 3 months between each job, You receive no information of how long you will be waiting
Excellent Management, Great Co-workers, clean surroundings, great team leader, helpful
Construction, Heavy Lifting, Organizing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2017
This company is the best company you could possibly work for because everyone is so helpful and kind. The work is very easy and diverse also my team leader made it easy to learn and get everyday activities accomplished. I learned how to draw blue prints and build many objects.
Pros
Long lunch, breaks, team work, easy learning, helpful co-works all around
Great Internship Program
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
The company is very generous to its summer interns. They are supportive in their educational experience as well as the social experience. I enjoyed being a part of the company for two summers.
Job Duties
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2017
• Inspected an average of five job sites per month to determine the extent of maintenance or repairs needed, as well as an estimated budget and time to completion.
• Measured and recorder openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
• Distributed and utilized building materials, machinery, and tools in a team of up to 15 other workers.
• Assisted in constructing buildings and assembling sheet metal components and equipment structural components.
• Handled routine repairs to buildings such as installing or repairing electrical wiring, plumbing, drywall, and painting.
Fun activities for interns. Meetings are very useful
Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2016
I learned how to compile data from written surveys to ensure that safety requirements were updated. Attended inspections along side an assistant often.
Pros
Intern outings
Cons
Schedule changes often
Great Company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILMarch 16, 2016
Great Company to work for This organization has been a real surprise for me. This is an organization that truly values it's employees and goes out of it's way to tell them how important they are to the organization. The pay and benefits are very good and the work environment is outstanding. It is rare in this day and age to still find an organization that functions this well and actually treats their employees as their most important asset
Hire you and than let you go. No chance for growth. All politics
Laborer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 9, 2015
Company never answers calls. Left out in the dark wondering if your needed. A lot of politics have to watch your back.Short breaks. Treat employees like non union. Work twice as hard as sub contractors. Everything done wrong. Especially in the demo department. No leader ship.
Pros
Union shop
Cons
Short breaks. No lunch. Seem like non union.
productive and family environment
Senior Project Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILNovember 4, 2013
Family oriented company with a 2 mile commute. Proper training and growth opportunities
very good company and people to work for
Carpenter/Foreman (Former Employee) –  chicago land areaOctober 7, 2013
a company that gives you the tools and chance to grow in your field with great help and great people.
Great pay, great work environment
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MISeptember 17, 2013
a typical day at work was noisy and very fast paced. somewhat dusty and cold. I learned to work with others and patience among everything. Management was likable and put trust in me to carry out his/their wishes. the hardest part of the job was the long work week and long work days. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the project that started off as a thought materialize and know that I had a part in i's production.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Pay
Cons
No family time
High quality company with huge emphasis on safety
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2013
Job sites environments are professional, organized, and safe.
Pros
clean and safe work environment
Cons
job security
very safe company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILNovember 4, 2012
best cnstruction company to work for,very family friendly
Pros
keeping employees working
A Great Experience
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2012
I am very fortunate to have served my apprenticeship and most of my career for a quality-demanding contractor. I have also seen the quality sacrificed for speed's sake.
Pros
strong union shop
Cons
nepotism runs rampant. despite effort and sacrifice, steady work only goes to family and clique members.
Very productive work enviroment. ability to learn, as well as develop new skills
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2012
Pepper's work day day starts out with a meeting to discuss the productivity we needed to achieve. Everybody gets their daily duties to perform. I learned how to be more productive, how not to get injured on a work site, as well as at home. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful with any questions i needed answering. the hardest part of the job was running up and the stairs before the elevator was put in. That goal was quick accomplished after a week. The best part of the job was learning new skills, and the sense of accomplishment.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
some days were short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pepper Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5