Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated

Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Great Proctuction factory to work for. Great Benefits
production worker/Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, UTNovember 14, 2015
I learned a great many skills at the Plant. Computer, working with people. Getting a long with different cultures of people. The Management was always willing to listen and work with you.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Poor Management
Production (Current Employee) –  Richmond, UtahSeptember 1, 2015
Unwilling to listen or care about employees, Management plays favorites & makes up own rules! Poor quality of work, No one seems to care about quality as long as quantity is put out? Unwilling to work with employees, depends on who you are! Continuing to take away awards, & lower benefits. Constantly changing the rules to benefit the company, with NO regard to employees or customers. Certain employees will be allowed to get away with anything (drinking on job, just one example) while others have to fight to be approved for days off/vacation. Family is second to work. Always having to look over shoulder for those "certain" coworkers. Drama everyday. If you do end up at this job, show up, do work, avoid everything else! Unless you are the one person who is willing to play dirty! Good luck! (& these are just a few of the reasons I'm currently in search of another job!!)
Pros
Pay?
Cons
Looking to cut down on company costs anyway they can, hurting the employee.
Long hours and very demanding of Depot managers
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RISeptember 20, 2015
Working for Pepperidge Farms was a eye opener. I was given the position as a temp I became full-time and trained my self in the duties as the depot manager... Working long nights with two infants at home was the hardest part of the job..
Pros
great benifits
Cons
very long hours
A mindless job
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 5, 2014
Wow never in a million years did I expect this company to be as backwards as they are! I was stabbed in the back so many times I lost count. I was promised pay raise after pay raise. I was given at least 4 different excuses as to why I never received the pay raise. My supervisor was just a miserable individual, and seemed to enjoy belittling his staff. The manager in my area was absolutely useless, and would tell you what ever you wanted to hear. You will enjoy a long career if you don't mind blindly following the management.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
management / supervision
Run away if you want a life
Line Minion (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 27, 2015
Things are evidently not good for the parent company, if you keep up with business news, and the children companies will suffer for it, if they are not already. Constant reorganization is an indicator that management doesn't know how to establish a vision and lead associates to the planned end. Hiring consultants to tell management what needs to be done begs the question, "Why are you being paid huge sums of money, if you have to hire a consultant?" No leaders, just managers.
Pros
relatively high pay
Cons
fresh bakery, and all that implies.
Positive place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 29, 2015
My supervisor was a great person to work with. He taught me how to run a route and maintain customer and generate new ones.
Dynamic and uplifting everyday
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 23, 2012
Lots of work! Learning curve everyday ... always new faces to interact with. Large company and friendly people.
Pros
factory incentives
Cons
at the time, no part timers