Pepperidge Farm Incorporated Employee Reviews

Good place to work with great benefis
Backup Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJune 12, 2015
I worked a lot hours but the people and management were great and the job place was great. The co-workers were the best thing to work because the amount of time we spend together. The hardest part of the job was the long hours that we have to spend.
Work/Life balance is horrible! Great Pay & Good benefits
General Utility Operator (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTJune 4, 2015
Ok place to work but if you have a family, job comes first. They expect you to work 6 days weekly and sometimes 7 with one day notice. Great benefits and the pay rate is good.
Prodcution supervison and line inspection
Package Handler/Sorter Coordinator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, excitement of going to work, Pay
My day at Pepperidge Farm consist of a very productive and fast paced day, surrounded by very enthusiastic employees. I learned a lot about being a coordinator and how to keep a team of employees on track to produce phenomenon production scores. My duties were pretty much easy and manageable and I enjoyed helping other employees stay on track in reference in completing their everyday duties.
Utility Relief (Former Employee), Richmond, UTMay 8, 2015
Pros: Job security, management and health benefits
Cons: Not any I can think of
Typical day came in and worked in a team of people. Got along well with them. I learned a lot about heavy machinery, operating a forklift, learning OSHA safety regulations, and learned to be a better team worker.
I feel like I had really good managers all the way around. They have a great support system and were understanding in hard times.
I had great co-workers made a lot of good friends.
Hardest part of the job was learning to cup the cookies when I first started but once I got the hang of it, it was easy.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I cared about.
Stable company
Machine Operator / Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: discouts
Cons: travel time
Speed & accuracy when needed good team work inviroment,easy to talk to management good pay hardest part summer heat best sometimes easy assingments.
bread sales/delivery
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYMarch 23, 2015
assisted route owner in inventory/delivery of companies product line using proprietary inventory system. interacted with store management in sales promotions and displays.
great product good stable company
Independent route sales (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: good product and good co.
Cons: cut products due to breakdowns on occasion
the typical day started at 200 am at the bread depot where you picked up your preordered bread each day. i learned to respect all grocery personnel and how important freshness is to sales the most enjoyable part of my day was making new friends at the stores i serviced and being able to ask for space and maintain my space and position in stores
Great Co-op
R&D Packaging Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: half day fridays, decent wage, people
Cons: management changes their mind too much
Pepperidge allows their interns to take projects as far as possible. A lot of things to work on and great opportunity for some real experience. Great people as well.
working with co workers can make it an enjoyable day.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: no vac, sick, health ins.
Only part time position with no benefits
Nice working with the staff
Enjoyed my job at Eastman Kodak and C.R. Gibson Company
Loved my job and loved going into work everyday.
C.R. Gibson closed.
Eastman Kodak closed the Norwalk facility and off shored and ourt sourced all of the finance to India.
Extremely Stressful and poor upper management
Depot Manager (Former Employee), East Providence, RIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: upper managment
I like for Pepperidge Farm, the pay rate is very reasonable, as well as excellent incentives and good benefits.
what i did not like about working for this company was no train what so ever. You are just placed in this position and hoped for the best. Once you ask for training your overlooked and taken advantage of. At worst case you get hurt, and pushed into a medical leave and then fired..... Not a good company
Great management and product
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Southfield, MINovember 29, 2014
Pros: free bread, work at my own pace, fair management
Cons: very little down time, riding your truck in all types of weather, dealing with angry warehouse/shipping employees in some stores
A typical day at Pepperidge Farm would be working up around 5:00am and arriving at the warehouse around 5:45am. Receiving my inventory for the day, stock my truck, deliver products, rotate prodcus in store, and communicate with store managers and bread department shift leaders daily. Trying to upsell my product

Management treaed us fairly

My co-workers we're very helpful and eager to jump in and help whenever I was busy

Hardest part of my job is waking up at 5:00am sometimes earlier.
Productive and fun workplace
Order Selector (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Pepperidge Farm. All of the staff was nice and helpful
Pepperidge Farm
Drivers Helper (Current Employee), Westchester New YorkOctober 27, 2014
Pros: work own hours, job experience
Cons: physical work, commute to warehouse
A typical day at work for pepperidge farms consist of first going to the Depot where the distribution truck is located and gathering all the required items necessary to reach the requirements of the company. After transporting the boxes of pepperidge farm products from the warehouse onto the truck, we then depart towards the given supermarket or deli and assure that whatever products they need to be refilled we grab from the truck and then physically place them on the shelves ourselves. Before we load the product on the shelves we get checked in by a manger who counts the number or products coming – more... in and then we are given a receipt. On any given day we visit at least four stores.I have learned by working with pepperidge farm the process of how th supermarkets works along with organizing a vast amount of product onto various shelves in the stores. Furthermore i have learned how to interact with many different people ranging from managers to counter workers and discussing any issues. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the physical work along with assuring no mistakes are made while counting the products and plugging it into a hand held. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how many of your product is sold and knowing that you are responsible for putting it there along and knowing my hard work paid off. Also knowing that based on my effort and communication i can sell more products and thus make more money – less
Nice company and very employee orientated.
Secretary, Short-order cook, waitress (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: discounts on high quality products.
Cons: long hours.
Many opportunities for advancement. They hire within the company first and are family orientated. They pay for college. Their benefits are awesome.
A day at Pepperidge Farm
Technician III (Former Employee), Aiken, SCSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day at Pepperidge Farm was excellent ! Over the years I have learned to be model in leadership, gained more cerfications in areas such as safety. My coworker became like another family to me. The hardest part in this job was when we lost products and had to redo inventory. The most enjoyable time in this job was when we worked together as a team!
great co-workers
Plant Systems Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, PaAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: laid off... :(
planning schedules for upcoming orders. Working with production teams to properly identify shipments needed.
Good People
Merchandiser/ Independent Distributor (Former Employee), Imperial, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: hours are not always there for you.
Fun staff of people and long term employees. Always room to advance.
Productive and Fun
Bakeshop Helper (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 16, 2014
Fun company to work for, only downfall is that your at home time is limited.
Not a leader to be found.
Leader (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: self aggrandizing senior managers, who don't have a clue about leadership
Management merry go round, it seems the best leaders have been pushed out, and all that remain are managers. When shareholder return is part of the mission statement, beware of the cost cutting managers. Senior Managers who screw up in one part of the conglomerate, get shifted to a different part of the conglomerate, to do even greater damage.
Co-workers were great, because we're all in the same sinking boat. What was once a good company, very quickly became a horrible place to work.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Northport, NYJuly 9, 2014
daily duties of a sales associate using the cash register, customer service, stocking