Pepperidge Farm Incorporated Employee Reviews

Great pay and fabulous benefits
General Bakeshop Helper (Former Employee) –  Denver, PAJanuary 12, 2018
There are many positions available to try until you find what suits you best. The benefits were better than any other company I've worked for and the pay scale was unheard of. If you don't have children or a family, this place is for you, but if you need time off, forget about it. You don't know if you work 8 hours or 13 hours until the day you work.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
You'll live here
Family Oriented w/ Fun Brands
ABM (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 7, 2018
Pepperidge Farm is a great place to work for Work/Life Balance with fair compensation and benefits. Great for working parents who need additional flexibility. However the organization provides little room for advancement/ training of high performing younger individuals and their additional effort above and beyond doesn't always get recognized.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Family Centric, Compensation/ Benefits
Cons
Lack of Training, Management, Organizational Pressure
Vendor
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHDecember 29, 2017
I enjoyed this! There were 2 of us that ran the route, route owner and myself. I loaded and unloaded the work truck, drove the work truck as needed, and also stocked and assembled our display.
Good ole boy Organization
APV Laminator (Former Employee) –  Denver, PADecember 1, 2017
Lacks equality and diversity. The dont value opinion nor recommendations. Between interview and being hired no issues but once hired is new ball game. The club literally discriminated against female from being in maintenance.
Pros
Schedule
Pepperidge Farm
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 29, 2017
Company going through restructuring and consolidation to one Campbell Soup team. Workplace culture at Pepperidge is casual and friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with team members.
Great Place to Remain Stable
Financial Analyst - Distributor Billing (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 13, 2017
Typically, work hours are stable and work life balance is kept in perspective. Much of the workplace is intertwined, and so you are able to gain many connections across the company as a whole. Career advancement is considered by upper level management to be a priority, but it doesn't appear as though there are openings to move into when the time might seem right for you.
Done
Task management (Former Employee) –  Denver, PANovember 13, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working at Pepperidge farm. I worked there as a temp and never go hired after a lot of great reviews by my supervisors. I wouldn't go back.
Fast paced Bread Production Plant
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTNovember 1, 2017
Single person on-site responsible for everything technology related for 300 employee bread manufacturing facility. This included 180 PC's, 16 physical servers and 12 virtual servers, phones, voicemail, network switches and routers, cell phones, printers, fax machines, visitor management system, Eyelation kiosk, Human Resources kiosks, time clocks, system backups, and all hardware and software updates.
Pros
Product discounts, positive working environment
Cons
No advancement opportunity within the Plant
Great Company, Great Products, 27 1/2 years of my career were great
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT/ San Jose, CaOctober 24, 2017
I was very proud to work for Pepperidge Farm for 29 years and 4 months. They had the best products I felt good about the brand I was selling and succeeded with it. I was fortunate to have been part of a strong team and the #1 cookie market share in the country (San Francisco and San Jose, the Bay Area). It was a good work life balance. You felt like you were part of a family. I had 16 independent distributors that I managed and they were overall amazing and we worked well together. A typical day might be doing store audits on shelf conditions and in store selling and interfacing with store managers on upcoming promotions and selling incremental permanent displays.I learned from one of my distributors that if I gain space for us I am an asset, if I lose space I am a liability. It was the most important thing to master.
Management was fair, supportive, sometimes tough but it was always a good challenge. Since we were an East Coast Company some of that culture we were held to,e.g. dress code. The hardest part of my job was administrative work. The most enjoyable part was working with people, gaining space on the shelf and selling permanent displays to stores and chains.Due to a management and culture change the last year and a half were not as rewarding.
Pros
You sold the best highest quality brand in a great market for i, Good work Life balance. Felt like a family with good support
Cons
Pay should have been a higher
Be your own Boss
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYOctober 21, 2017
Being your own boss can be a lucrative venture with Pepperidge Farm, but it also you requires you to put in the effort. Mostly work in the morning and afternoon delivering to stores and packing out merchandise.
Great Place to learn and Grow
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 18, 2017
Great Place to learn and Grow. Built great relationships with Co-workers. It was great to grow awesome brands. Pepperidge Farm cases about baking great products that all families should eat.
more than 10 years ago
Sales Representative, Bread Cookies & Crackers (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 14, 2017
I am not going to review this company. this was almost 17 years ago. requiring me to do this is not helping me reach my goal of finding a new job. the end.
Production was fast paced.
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Denver, PAOctober 11, 2017
Start immediately, very regimented. Management was available and professional. The workplace was at a steady fast pace for the majority. Hardest part of the job was being On-Call for extended periods of time. I loved seeing the collaboration amongst all employees to help each other.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Being On-Call
ok
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2017
management makes a difference, here operations wise things cannot be more messed up. This causes more stress and doesn't make it a fun place to work. They look at the bottom dollar so much they are losing money because now they cant get it together operationally. As always there are talks of walmart backing out of DSD so it makes you worry how much longer will you have this job for?
Pros
company car, phone and tablet
Cons
must pay monthly fee for the car, stressful environment
Running a route
Vendor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Timberlake, NCOctober 5, 2017
Getting up early, loading a truck, getting checked into and out of multiple stores by a certain time everyday. in charge of on hours and what paced wanted to work at.
Pros
set own houtrs, pay was decent
Cons
long days
Nice place to start a career
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2017
Early Morning Start
Learned how to deal with all personalities
Must be connected
Culture was who you know
Noncompetitive life style
The friends I met
Pros
Good Teamwork
Cons
No advancement
Its funish
Food Safety and Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Too many people will do one thing and do another. If you do anything wrong, it is brought up to management and possibly terminated
Besides that, great place to work at. Some people are great to talk to and get along with.
Sadly it is not the place to bond with other coworkers. If you aren't part of the click, or new, you better watch what you say as speaking your mind might offend others who do not know how to discuss points of view and simply get offended.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Inconsiderate treatment from certain upper management
Fast pace job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 28, 2017
A typical day @ work would be packing bread. We would be going @ a fast pace. I will defiantly tell a friend all about the warehouse job.It also has good pay!
fun, competitive, fast pace and balanced
General bakery helper (Former Employee) –  Denver, PASeptember 28, 2017
fun competitive day at work . good pay for honest work. friendly environment. i would recommend this place to any one who is looking for great environment to work.
Mentally exhausting place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Extreme lack of respect for employees and the talents they posses. The company took a very hard stance that they no longer need experienced people managing the business and thus cut everyone's salaries by roughly 30% to provoke them to leave. Their goal is to replace all experienced managers with inexperienced less expensive employees. No training or development is provided - its truly sink or swim.
Pros
Cons
Zero work life balance