Pepperidge Farm Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

Direct Store Deliveries
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 26, 2016
This is a great company with great management. Routes vary and can be tough at times. There are no vacation days and need to plan out how to do the extra work to be able to take time off. Working hard pays off with more free time
temprary
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Job had no growth available, some distributers were not on the same page, slackers, racism, and no one took responsibilities for their actions.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benefits
Nice company too work for.
PLATEFORM ASSISTANCE (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 26, 2016
Good company.Good people good co worker,just enjoying working,night learning how too mix bread,and others,steady moveing around the company.And learning.
N/a
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 6, 2016
Dedicated sales staff, who love the brand! Organization is always looking to create the next new products, and have fun doing it.
Pros
Great brands, and loved
great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PADecember 5, 2015
Co workers are fun to work with and the supervisors are excellent to work for. Learned alot from my supervisors and gave excellent feed back to improve the store.
Changing Culture
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, PANovember 15, 2015
Management by production numbers.
Excessive red tape.
Management Doesn't care about employees input.
Management takes praise for good production run, blames employees for problems.
Excessive amount of politics.
Human Resources punishes employees for complaining about management harassment.
Pros
Company Store
Cons
Management doesn't respect employees, HR doesn't want to hear about management issues.
Great company, great product, great reputation
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJ, Boca Raton, FL and Bluffton, SCNovember 9, 2015
Pepperidge Farm puts out superior products across the board in both their bakery and cookie divisions. They provide great support in every area of their business and are always looking for input and feedback from their owner operators. The days start as early as 3;00 a.m. and can end in the late afternoon, with many weekends also being worked but the rewards are worth the effort.
Pros
Being the owner operator of your own business
Cons
Extended hours at certain times of the year
Great place to understand food supply chain
Corporate Internship (USA) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
Excellent opportunity to learn how supply chain is managed to meet customer demand. The colleagues are very helpful and understanding.
Just a job, no future
Maintenance Technician Transfer (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJNovember 5, 2015
I came to Pepperidge after Campbells closed, in order to keep my Benifits. But seen a big differance right away. I thought same company same rules, but these people write the rules as they go along. After several people left in maintenace and not replaced, i am on second shift by myself to answer all sevice calls. My electrical backround is totally ingnored. i am the only one doing SAP parts ordering and receiving, and have to struggle to get quotes as i start at 3 and most vendors or gone by 4 -430.
Pros
its only a job
Cons
hard time even getting a lunch since i'm the only mechanic on shift.
different than anything I had done before
Packer (Former Employee) –  Denver, PANovember 2, 2015
This job was a lot of fun and I had great co-workers. The management was not very understanding to personal matters and job took over my life. I was a single mom at the time of employment and the company was requiring 70 hour work weeks.
Pros
discounts on products, great pay
Cons
long work weeks, not good management
Good place!!!
Bake Shop Helper and Committie Member (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 24, 2015
The company was great place to work and the work was very basic and easy going. The company also had excellent pay one of the highest paid jobs I have ever worked.
Pros
Bread discounts
Cons
Good boss, good company to work for
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 3, 2015
I was able to set my own pace for the day, I liked to be able to do that.
What time I got home depended on how quickly I got my route done.
Pros
Good work environment, good potential, discount
Cons
Pay
productive and comfortable
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 7, 2015
At pepperidge farm we producted texas toast galric bread and other product that was put thru the line that add the butter and garlic if not add we would take bread off line and add stuff and add back to line that than take bread thru bagger with is watched to makes sure the right amount are in the bag then they are package and shipped out. i learn a lot from this job patients, commuication. the hardest part of the job was when the machine went down and when had to stack all the toast inthe bin very fast pace
Pros
4 breaks a Day
Cons
long days
Good place to work with great benefis
Backup Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 12, 2015
I worked a lot hours but the people and management were great and the job place was great. The co-workers were the best thing to work because the amount of time we spend together. The hardest part of the job was the long hours that we have to spend.
Work/Life balance is horrible! Great Pay & Good benefits
General Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 4, 2015
Ok place to work but if you have a family, job comes first. They expect you to work 6 days weekly and sometimes 7 with one day notice. Great benefits and the pay rate is good.
Prodcution supervison and line inspection
Package Handler/Sorter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2015
My day at Pepperidge Farm consist of a very productive and fast paced day, surrounded by very enthusiastic employees. I learned a lot about being a coordinator and how to keep a team of employees on track to produce phenomenon production scores. My duties were pretty much easy and manageable and I enjoyed helping other employees stay on track in reference in completing their everyday duties.
Pros
Benefits, excitement of going to work, Pay
Utility Relief (Former Employee) –  Richmond, UTMay 8, 2015
Typical day came in and worked in a team of people. Got along well with them. I learned a lot about heavy machinery, operating a forklift, learning OSHA safety regulations, and learned to be a better team worker.
I feel like I had really good managers all the way around. They have a great support system and were understanding in hard times.
I had great co-workers made a lot of good friends.
Hardest part of the job was learning to cup the cookies when I first started but once I got the hang of it, it was easy.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I cared about.
Pros
Job security, management and health benefits
Cons
Not any I can think of
Stable company
Machine Operator / Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 6, 2015
Speed & accuracy when needed good team work inviroment,easy to talk to management good pay hardest part summer heat best sometimes easy assingments.
Pros
discouts
Cons
travel time
bread sales/delivery
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 23, 2015
assisted route owner in inventory/delivery of companies product line using proprietary inventory system. interacted with store management in sales promotions and displays.
great product good stable company
Independent route sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 21, 2015
the typical day started at 200 am at the bread depot where you picked up your preordered bread each day. i learned to respect all grocery personnel and how important freshness is to sales the most enjoyable part of my day was making new friends at the stores i serviced and being able to ask for space and maintain my space and position in stores
Pros
good product and good co.
Cons
cut products due to breakdowns on occasion