PEPPERIDGE FARMS

PEPPERIDGE FARMS Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Richmond, UTApril 3, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed the smiles of my fellow employees when I kept them from having down time.
Cons: I didn't like the seniority program that caused my layoff.
I turned on the ovens. I prepped equipment installs for different products. I enjoyed the lessening the operator's stress and downtime. I was able to accomplish that by making sure the maintenance was current and the installs were put in and properly aligned in a timely manner.
Eight hours of work
Gate Guard (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no place to heat food
List of I worked a gatehouse alone.trucks visitors watch cameras.Write daily and insident reports.I had little contact with others.It was everything a gate house should be.If they needed my help they would ask for it but they did not
productive
Food Processor (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: he
Great work, good pay, good teamwork. The managers at pepperidge farms were nce and helpful whenever you had a question. Nothing was hard as long as you paid attention.
Honest but hard work
Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: owners sold the company
A typical day was at work by 4 am then started deliveries. We worked until deliveries were made and wok was done which could have been a 14-16 hour day. The owners of this franchised managed as well and did their best, however they were run thin between stores and employees. My co-workers and I all got along and helped each other the best we could.
great people to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Lake City, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Great salary, great delivery vehicles, great route to run. Very fun, and hardest thing to do is pick a radio station on sirius satellite radio. Handheld very easy to learn.
Sr. Salesforce.com Consultant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 27, 2014
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting
great
Bread Distributor/Route Sales (Former Employee), Miramar, FLAugust 27, 2014
it a great place to work, coworkers are fun and great to work for
fast paced production company
Line Worker (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: every summer there is a mandatory furlough
Cons: breaks where very short and it was very hard to get 40 hours a week
A typical day at work consists of loading turnovers and also packaging them. Pepperidge farm taught me how to be a team player at work, beacause you need the person in front of you to do there job in order for you to do your job and so on. Surprisingly the hardest part of the job was loading the turnovers into the slots. There where easy jobs too that made the job enjoyable such as garlic toast line packaging just sit and make sure that every box that comes by has a code on it.
lovly work enviorment
Machine Cleaner (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
cleaned machines stripped them down to set up for next shift
Incredible Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Bonney Lake, WAApril 7, 2014
Pros: independent
Cons: early early mornings
Typical day was going in facing and restocking the shelves with product and making sure newer dates went in the back. Restocking any displays as well.
Production Worker (Current Employee), Richmond, UTMarch 12, 2014
Pros: starting pay is higher than minimum wage
Cons: hours fluctuate too oftern one week you'll be working then you'll be off for three
Typical Day:
A typical day at work requires checking in 5 minutes prior to shift and doing warm up exercises before you start on the line. You start at a certain position and rotate throughout the day every 20 minutes to keep from stiffening up. After we hit the production goal we then sanitize the belts and sometimes stay for short meetings discussing what went wrong or right that day or week.

What I've learned:
I've learned the concept of synergy and the importance of communication and working together as a team.

Management:
Our new team leader has been excellent in working with us and seeing what works best for us. Upper management does not communicate well or try to fix things, but we can always count on our team leader.

Co-workers:
Co-workers are enjoyable to work around. Those who have been there for 15+ years offer great advice and have helped me in so many ways to be able to be more efficient in the ways I perform my job.

Hardest part of job:
The hardest part of the job is being moved around from line to line and communication. As a summer worker, I fill in for various people on different lines. Some lines you are trained on for a day, others you aren't. When you get moved around, you always end up by a different worker who is telling you how to do a job differently than what a previous worker told you how it was done. Communication and training need to be more in sync so it's less confusing.

Most enjoyable part of job:
Getting to know new people is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the job. Every summer new summer workers are hired to work on the lines. Getting to know people and learning about where they are from is one of the things I look forward to most each summer.
Great hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 12, 2014
Great people to work for will go out of their way to help you. You go in and get your work done and go home with plenty of time left in the day to spend however you chose.
A great small business to be a part of
Owner/Operator Johnston County Franchise (Former Employee), Johnston County NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: you are your onw boss, paid weekly
Cons: no health coverage and have to pay for your own gas.
A typical day at Pepperidge Farm started with waking up at 1:30am. I drove to my depot and loaded product I needed for the day. After I finished loading my truck, I drove to my first account (one of twenty nine).I used the CK61 handheld order/stale computer to help mange my returns ,deliveries and damaged products. I then made my orders and return tickets, got check in, rotated stock and replenished the shelves. Normally I finishing around 2 pm, the hardest part of the job was to stay awake. As for management , I was the franchise owner and I was my own manager. So with that said " He was the best boss I ever had". The most enjoyable part of Pepperidge Farm Johnston County was selling a top notch product at a reasonable price. Owning and operating this franchise allowed me to grow inside the community and became a face people know. Helping out churches, the homeless and Clayton area ministries, was a reward by itself. But the real reward was when you get thanked by strangers in the street; you can't put a price on that.
fun
lumper (Former Employee), Willard, OHDecember 17, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: short breaks
unloaded trucks by hand and loaded trucks moved on to better myself
Very labor intensive with no additional help. No 2 days off in a row.
Depot Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, PANovember 25, 2013
Pros: bonus of up to 7500 per year.
Cons: labor intensive, all nites with no two days off in a row.
Open up warehouse, unload 53' trailer alone. Seperate all products in a specific order. As drivers arrive check their loads for accuracy. Keep warehouse clean and make sure everything to be used for the next day is available for easy processing. All nite work. Arrive at 11pm and work till 8am.
good place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), Logan, UTNovember 7, 2013
Pros: very good pay
Cons: job reductions
the job I had a job reduction. Loved my jobs more chances to to move around to challenge your skills
Great place to wrk.
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Quincy, ILSeptember 19, 2013
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the store managers to expand the product within their stores. Management is also very easy to work with.
Productive Helper
Productive Assistant (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAAugust 28, 2013
I love my job i had there everyone was friendly we help each other out
Very difficult physical work
Depot Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, PAMay 24, 2013
Pros: quiet and not difficult
Cons: very physical with no help and all nite work
Unloaded a 52' trailer of bread trays (20 lbs each) with 18 - 22 stacks of bread 14 trays high every nite and set them for distribution for 23 drivers every nite. Checked every driver out and completed the required paper work. Received other equipment and products and stored in the warehouse. Cleaned the warehouse and other duties as required. No assistance for any work and no two days off in a row.
productive and fun
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCMay 16, 2013
the hours were short and the environment was nice. I enjoyed doing inventory and making sure people had fresh bread

About PEPPERIDGE FARMS

To enhance the profitability and professionalism of the independent Pepperidge Farm Distributor. – More from ZoomInfo »