Pepsi Bottling Group
1,087 reviews

Pepsi Bottling Group Employer Reviews

Great place to work. A great chance to learn the cities around you.
Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Anderson, SCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the pay is great
Cons: you have to use your own personal vehicle to get from store to store.
I loved working for this company because it gave me a chance to meet new people and gain better knowledge of the surrounding cities. The job is easy and the pay is great. It is a great opportunity for a person to start building a career and saving up toward their future. if you are looking for caring and reliable managers then this is definitely the job for you.
Starter Job
Bay Driver (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: local
Cons: not enough money.
Pepsi is a good place if just starting out on a truck. Side load makes for loads not falling over. Typical work days range from 8-14 hours a day with up to 24 stops if not more. Co-workers were friendly to each other and usually would answer any questions you had.
QC Lab Technician/Production Machine Operator (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: you get rewards for going above and beyond your job duties
Cons: have to stay 1/2 hour later after a 12 hour day, lunch is not paid.
I enjoy the quality control part of the job. Things get really busy at changeovers and it is difficult to get everything that is required done.
Outstanding Employer
Sr. Manager (Former Employee), somers, nyJanuary 22, 2015
High energy, fast paced, energetic, creative and an all around outstanding employer. The smartest group of people there are; great benefits and altruistic. Committed to environmental sustainability and holding employees accountable for results.
Pepsico
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2015
work life balance ok, Upper management only cares about numbers and cost. Pay is ok
Great People, hard work
Sales District Lead, Small Format (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 17, 2015
My time with Pepsi was fantastic. It was a great company that valued its employees work. Beverage sales is a very competitive industry and Pepsi time and time again was very innovative in its approach to improving its business. Management was always there to support your needs.
Great people and work environment....always positive and fun.
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: access to many popular venues.
Cons: nothing to mention that would be felt as a con.
I managed all the key accounts that sold our products. LA Zoo, Hollywood Bowl, Universal Amphitheater, Staples Center and more. I would meet with buyers on orders at the venue and manage their point of sale merchandising needs. I would meet with the corporate partners to arrange promotions, manage yearly agreements and handle sponsorship requirements.

Hardest part of the job was working during the day and entertaining customers at night. Most enjoyable part was the overall work environment.
exciting new job
Deliver Truck Driver (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 14, 2015
I drove a straight truck and delivered beverages to vending machines. I had machines all throughout Gainesville and the surrounding areas. This was a challenging new type of job for me but once I learned more about the trade I really enjoyed it.
Productive and innovative way of warehouse operations.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Management and co-workers were always positive and uplifting and made work eventful and productive.
Large company with room for advancement
Bulk Sales Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: discounts on phone bills and other products, great 401k and healthcare options
Cons: very labor intensive, 3 am start time, inconsistent commission based pay
Good management and plenty of room for advancement. Very very labor intensive work environment. Would be and is a great place to work but cooking is my passion and would like to apply my experience and passion to something more food related. Great benefits which is why I chose to take this job. Pay is inconsistent because it is all based on sales and commission.
Very physical work
BCR (Former Employee), Brighton, COJanuary 8, 2015
A lot of stress but the hours are good. Great place to learn how to hard sell.
Very easy going fun environment
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 8, 2015
I really enjoyed going to work daily. The pay was good and the other employees were a joy to work with day in and day out. The managers were really down to Earth and understanding when it came to any situation.
Former applicant
Applicant (Former Employee), Allentown Pa.January 8, 2015
I applied to Pepsi as a Merchandiser a few months ago and was lucky enough to get interviewed by a young woman and a young man. Unfortunately the guy being interviewed after me showed up early and low and behold he was friends with the woman doing the interviewing. He was friends with a bunch of other higher ups also, judging by the conversation he was having with the young lady who participated in my interview. I don't know if he got the job but I was pretty sure I didn't . Total waste of my time.
Company overall is a good company to be employed with.
Product Availability Manager (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 6, 2015
I started working for Pepsi as a merchandiser in 2002. After about 9 months I was offered an opportunity to work on the warehouse side of the business. After five years as loader and relief driver I applied to become a Warehouse Supervisor. About a 1.5 years later I applied for a promotion in Grand Rapids, Michigan where i went on to work for about 13 months a Product Availability Supervisor. I was then offered an opportunity to return to my previous location where I was once a supervisor to take on the role of the Supply Chain Operations Associate Leader. I will say the senior management has changed a lot over the past several years. I work about 10-12 hours per day not to mention that the cell phone is constantly ringing. I enjoyed seeing the impact or the influence that a manager can have on his/her team, almost like being a head coach. At the end of the day it is about whom you report to.
Great
Customer Information Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Great experience and a very large business scope! Great experience and a very large business scope!
good job good people hard work
Warehouse manager of the the full line vending (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 6, 2015
My day usually started like this when I get in I go in my office check my voice mail for any issues from customers and vendors From there I would check to see what orders needed to be pulled so when my people got in I could let them know how to proceed and in what order. I had over 20 trucks that had to be loaded with sodas and snacks. the hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers and having to write people up for continually making mistakes. the enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with they made the time at work pleasant.
Work environment
Route Salesman (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: allowed me to develope time management skills, good co-workers
Cons: stressful, overwhelming at times, not much room for advancement
My time at Pepsi was okay, however it taught me a valuable life lesson in time management. You were always on a schedule and had to meet deadlines regardless the work environment. I was on delivery route and the stress was very hard on me. Seldom found time for breaks, lunch's, etc... however I knew the job was required to be done. That stress often carried over to home life and made things difficult there as well. I was so overwhelmed each day and couldn't wait for the next opportunity to come my way for me to use my college degree from UNCP.
self motivational
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHJanuary 5, 2015
fun place and good company but the management team has alot of work to be done
Proffesional, fun place to work.
Pricing and Product Coordinator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: tickets to sponsored events
Cons: healthcare costs a little higher
Pepsi Bottling Group is a professional yet fun, family-oriented place to work. Management offers advancement with-in the company as well as educational growth. I loved working Monday through Friday 8-5 and having holidays off!
Growing, well organized, family orienented company.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: guaranteed 40 plus hours a week.
You have a pre-planned route to deliver merchandise for that particular day until complete. I learned that pepsi distributes merchandise for a lot of companies. Management are always willing to help if needed and your co-workers will help out if needed at any given time. The hardest part of the job is waiting in line to get your day started. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers happy with the service you provide.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pepsi Bottling Group

The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. (PBG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc. PBG operates carbonated soft drinks and other – Read more

Pepsi Bottling Group Photos