Pepsi Bottling Ventures Employee Reviews

No time for life outside Pepsi
Im in the business on the floor (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 12, 2018
Ive been working at PBV for a year. I work 3rd shift. I love the folks i work with. We are a team and get along well, which is a good thing because, i have no home life really. Because Pepsi Bottling takes it all up. I work for wweks in a row. Then you get maybe a day off and it back to Pepsi for countless days again. They need to hire more and actually train people. Its throw you in the river to learn to swim here folks.
Pros
No arguments at home, because you are at work all the time.
Cons
The lawyer said, she'll probably win the child support case
Very fast paced
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2018
This is a very good, yet fast paced company to work for. There is a lot of multitasking involved in my current position with the company. This is sometimes difficult, yet rewarding when you get the job done
I enjoy my J.O.B
Filler Operator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 6, 2018
I love my job! Like anything else there’s stress! But I absolutely love my coworkers! And moe west fall is great! Baby-baby!!! It’s a great fast paced job! Run -n- done! Let’s roll...
Not an enjoyable job
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 4, 2018
Supervisors and management are all miserable lifetime pepsi employees. No one seems happy to come to work (which is a problem). The pay is not as good as it should be for the size of the company.
Alright place to work to get your class a cdl
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 27, 2017
Monday thru Friday
50 plus hours a week
If your good at your job they will hold you back from other jobs because they don’t you off the truck

Pay could be better
Benefits are alright
Pros
Monday thru Friday work week
Cons
Poor management, if your good at your job you get to pick up others work that cant handle it
get paid weekly, and was serious about safety
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 15, 2017
The company wasn't fair to all three shifts, but the workers made it feel like family. The only thing hard was when the machines would break down. a lot of manual hand work begins.
great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 9, 2017
This company treats it's employees well. I enjoyed delivering products and building orders. The pay was great, staff was friendly. I hope to work for another company like this one.
Dont waste your time
Machine specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 8, 2017
Manger is bad pay is bad over work under pay you start at 7am u might get off at 6 or 8 pm don't go there I would stay away if you get a interved they will snowball you
Pros
Over work under pay
Cons
Manger is bad
OK strarter job.
Pre-Sell Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 28, 2017
Its a very competitive constant job, for all positions, a loot of heavy lifting and 45 to 50 hour work week. Good people to work with, very positive and willing to help,
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hourly and Salary pay
Fast paced but great learning environment.
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 28, 2017
Standard OSHA requires to complete a Forklift and Truck Bed checklist. Forklift operators in shipping used numbers to properly stock truck beds\ loading docks to get ready for shipping. Loaded products weighing up to 1,700 pounds on trailers for delivery.
a relaxed fast paste job
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCNovember 14, 2017
A typical day would be starting off with a meeting to let us know what our production was the day before and to come. you than began to work building orders on a pallet loading and unloading them at a fat past using forklifts and walkie riders. the management is great and the workplace culture is relaxed.
great corporate culture, treated you like family
Vending Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 11, 2017
My Experience at pepsi has been a positive one. The employees are helpful and the management seems to be on point with the day to day decisions that allow me to grow within the company
Long Work Hours
Swing Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCNovember 9, 2017
Working for Pepsi can be a lot of fun but also very stressful as it requires a lot of heavy repetitive lifting. It's very long work hours with decent benefits and paid time off.
Pros
Pto, Vacation, Health Ins, Vision, Dental, Life Ins
Cons
Long Hours, short breaks, heavy lifting
Good pay, but extremely long hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCNovember 7, 2017
Hard labor. In a day's work, you probably deal with a total of 30,000 or more pounds. Consistently lifting at a fast pace between 10 and 50 pounds. A typical workday is around 12 hours and 60 hours a week.
management is pretty good until you get hurt. Then they find ways of replacing you. Two different dates were sent in from my doctor over a broken foot. I was released because the dates didn't match.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people. The least enjoyable is the long 60 hour week.
Pros
Meeting people. Consistent work.
Cons
Long hours.
fast paced
Machine Operator A (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 30, 2017
money can be good during summer but the downtime is a killer. hate that i had to leave due to family issues. i would recommend this job. overall nice place to work
Pros
money
Cons
no family time
Great group of people.
Swing Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 21, 2017
Work can be overwhelming yet gives a challenge to work smart not hard. Work alone the entire day. May have anywhere from 3-5 stores to work product. Great thing was its Pepsi and no matter the store the products stays the same. Like the job handling skills and keeping contact with plant manager and store managers on duty.
Pros
Company meals and gatherings
Cons
Worked every weekend
It took some years off of my life
Bulk Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 18, 2017
Pepsi is very demanding and competitive. The manager was not very likeable. The supervisors will take the customers side over you in any event. The hours were demanding and long and I was never home and the pay did not match the work and also it was detrimental to my back pain.
Pros
cheap soda machines at the plant.
Cons
Almost everything
A hard working and well paied job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 18, 2017
Pepsi is a great workplace with very spacious area, they provide wonderful and well qualified supervisors with a number of great hard working employees
Pros
Weekly pay as well as weekly overtime
Cons
Short breaks and limited microwaves
Growing and Productive company.
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCOctober 12, 2017
Pepsi bottling ventures is a growing and productive company. The benefits, workplace culture, and learning experience is well worth it. The most enjoyable part of the job is job security and working at a steady pace.
a good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 10, 2017
You come in and stock what you need and load up the line up. stock pallets up. I will clean up and pre-start the machiene before everyone else come in. I will drive around on the forklift and help everyone else out.
Pros
paid hourly
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pepsi Bottling Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9