Pepsi Bottling Ventures

Pepsi Bottling Ventures Employee Reviews in United States

Very demanding
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Very demanding job. No home life. Had to be on call 24/7 and go into work at all hours. Worked many Saturdays and Sundays and many times without a break or meals.
work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCDecember 21, 2015
. I operated a forklift each and everyday. I was there go to guy it was nothing that I could not get done. encouraged people. Trained people also
Pay is very low
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 9, 2015
If you need a job then i would go with pepsi. There is a lot of work and no help.management is very poor and try to do less as they can in a day. You will not get any training and then get jumped on if you do wrong.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  winston salem ncOctober 6, 2015
Good place to work , long hours, 6-7 days a week. Hot environment. a lot of turnover. Learned to be a team player. Learned aspects of quality control.
Absolutely mindless supervisor and a braindead simple job.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCSeptember 27, 2015
If you don't mind basically babysitting a filler, casepacker, or any of the other machines it's not bad I guess, but the days drag on and on. My supervisor is an idiot who will constantly get in the way acting like you have no idea what you're doing. He will and has many times even told maintenance to get out of his way while he "fixes" something and by fix I mean make it 100x worse than it was and then tell maintenance to hurry up and fix it. He will "teach" you stuff your trainer already taught you probably during your first week and do it over and over like you're an idiot. No respect or trust whatsoever. Very irritating to have a boss hover over you constantly and adjust things that don't need or should be adjusted then look at you like you did something wrong when something on the machine goes down. I absolutely hate pbv in garner, nc. If you have no college education and just want a paycheck go for it. If you have a brain on your shoulders and any kind of education or training whatsoever, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
Pros
Nice people to work with, trainers themselves are incredibly nice and patient.
Cons
Lots of OT, braindead supervisors, no thought needed to do your job, mind-numbingly boring.
Great meeting all types of different people in different cities
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCSeptember 17, 2015
They do not distribute to work load evenly, new management came along and seem to be a favoritism in the hiring process, stronger candidates were looked over that were way more qualified.
average fleet mechanic shop
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  SalisburySeptember 13, 2015
Its an average fleet shop with average fleet shop issues. Management has to be improved and communication has to be worked on.
The biggest headache ever! Being jobless is less stressful!
Delivery Driver / Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 1, 2015
Pay was $14.52. They just increased it to $15.50. Which still isn't enough to deal with the daily beatdown. You start off as an Trainee. Which means you are thrown around everyday until you get a route. During the interview management stresses how being a good worker increases your chances of getting a route faster but it really is dependent on how much you kiss up and try to become managements best friend. Being a trainee is the most difficult position ever because you are given routes in unfamiliar cities and towns without any direction. It's up to you to burn your OWN cellphone data because the company doesn't provide gps devices. You are also left to decide whether you will need a ramp or a hand truck for the particular route that day, which are first come first serve. Which is terrible considering it's an area you aren't use to so you have no idea what you will need. You will work super long hours averaging 58-65 hours a week with a 5 am start time. Unless it's winter season you will usually have 500-650 cases with 10-14 accounts everyday. More often than not the equipment is poor or the lifts are never fully charged. Most importantly once you leave the plant you are at the will of each store you deliver to. Meaning you go by their rules. If they don't want you to bring the lift in their store, the only option you have is to hand carry everything in the store. They will tell you how to do your job and in many cases won't pay for the items until you do everything they ask. Even if it's not your job. For example, in many coolers and back stock areas I had to clean coke, cheerwine,  more... and redbull's area just to make room for my products. Even though your title is delivery specialist, you are basically a merchandiser too. You WILL unload, bring in, downstack, and put up everything you deliver. Nothing is left for the store clerk to do. There are too many things to list but just know you will spend 90% of your day frustrated and networking for a new job. Although I did bring home $700-$800 every Friday (being I worked from 5:00am - 8:00pm), I was too tired and sleep deprived to spend it on my days off. So my advice is get in, get your license and find your worth somewhere else.  less
Pros
Class A Cdl if you didn't have it already, home every night, decent pay every Friday and working for a company most customers love.
Cons
No time for breaks, 12-15 hour days, no family time, poor equipment, being treated like a child by most customers.
Hard working
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2015
The group that I worked with at PBV was very hard working and determined. We had very good results and sold lots of Pepsi. I would work there again.
Productive, time consuming and worthwhile.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  North Carolina, NCAugust 9, 2015
-Get a company vehicle and drive to the stores I am given.
-Go to the backroom of the store and whatever Pepsi product is back there put it out to displays, drink isle, and drink machines.
-Teaches you to deal with different sorts of environments; such as busy stores, variety of different product knowledge, many different managers (some more picky than others), and a lot of customer service.
-Usually work alone.
-The hardest part of the job is when its close to a holiday and you cant keep the product out because customers are buying it so fast.
-Most enjoyable part is you meet new people everyday and there is always new tricks to learn to make the job easier. The more experience you get the more enjoyable the job gets.
Pros
Work at your own consistent pace, company vehicle, and your stores are usually close together.
Cons
None, haven't ran into any major cons.
Productive working environment with a lot of customer interaction
SALES HELPER/MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 28, 2015
A typical work day involves me clocking in around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, filling the company's car with gas and driving an hour out of the city to get to the area where I work. Then I'll start at one store stocking the shelves with Pepsi products, after that I will continue on to my next three stores. After completing all four stores I usually repeat the process, and then around 10 o'clock that night I will drive back to the Wilmington location where I clock out around 11 o'clock. What I've learned from this job has been developing better communication skill with individuals, as well as being able to learn as I work. My co-workers at this job are awesome individuals who are willing to help each other whenever they are able to. The hardest part of the job would probably be having to deal with managers of the stores that feel like their store in particular should be more of a priority over my other three that I stock. The most enjoyable aspect of the job would be the freedom of not having someone standing over me every step of the way, and being able to interact with new people everyday.
Good Job. Just long hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 13, 2015
I don't really have a review, but it's a good job if you're single without a family. Building pallets can be quite stressful at times
flexible schedule, room for growth
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 2, 2015
Growing territory is easy when you have a quality product hat can sell itself. Learned a lot about space management and time allocation while still being able to be very productive.
Pros
upward mobility
everything was amazing
Weekend Merchandiser Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCJune 1, 2015
this place is amazing. I really enjoyed working there and would love to do it again if given the chance. I worked hard and everybody else did too. The job was performed very well and everyone loved their job.
worst company I've ever worked for
Multi-Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 26, 2015
Too many hours. Not enough pay. No days off. No holidays off. %1.5 annual raises. long days, 6-7 day work weeks. nothing good about it at all.
Customer Service/Merchandiser/Bulk CR (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem N.C.April 22, 2015
good place to work, nice people, some days were very demanding and physical co-workers were awesome the best to work with. I liked working there.
Wish I never worked there
Master Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 9, 2015
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Upper Management was very secretive and did things behind your back. The pay was horrible, along with the health benefits and paid time off. I worked in the Corporate office and everyone was not friendly and a lot of people seemed like they looked down on others. It was an "every man/woman for themselves" type of environment.
Pros
direct manager was flexible
Cons
pay, benefits, lack of opportunity for advancement
Good job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day included repairing or installing roofs and gutters. I learned many techiniques with this employment. Management could have been better, but co-workers were great to get along with.
Simple work, iffy management.
Forklift Operator/ Sales Helper (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 30, 2014
I'd like to start off by saying the employees at Pepsi are one of the best parts of working there. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help and listen. However, in the end I ended up wanting to leave because of terrible management which led to horrendous hours which took away from personal family time. The work was always simple, physically challenging at first but something you get used to quickly. Lack of sleep is a big issue.
Pros
benifits, decent pay, great coworkers, and easy to start.
Cons
bad management, almost always shorthanded, good work is never rewarded, and way too many hours.
Steady Job with Global Company
Merchandiser - Sales (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 5, 2014
A typical day involves traveling between a set amount of grocery stores and merchandising Pepsi-Cola products at each account. To effectively do this job you must communicate on three levels: Store management, consumer demand/request, other Pepsi employees/management. This is where communication and customer service skills are crucial to making sure the store is properly merchandised with ample backstock and all parties are satisfied. If you communicate well, employ effective time management skills, and employ a high level of attention to detail, you will be able to perform this job at the expected high level.
Pros
freedom to move around and move at your own pace
Cons
over an extended period of time (years), job takes its toll on your body