PepsiCo
1,666 reviews

PepsiCo United States Employee Reviews

Tough to be an overachiever
Supply Chain Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
Pros: If wanted good life/work balance, lot of different departments different jobs
Cons: Holds talent back if not part of special class, absolutely jokes of raises even when company is doing awesome, HR MONSTER!!!!!!
Company as a whole seems great when you enter but if you're not a, "campus hire," then you're timeline of movement can be limited. Very weak raises when the company is doing bad, very weak raises when the company is doing good. Leadership primarily does not care about careers but rather how you can help them
Stable Company to Work For
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Cranston, RIApril 23, 2015
Great company culture. Company allows for you to transfer to different parts of the country. Lots of opportunities for Advancement, and for you to learn about different company process
Productive and fun company with advancement options
Bulk Sales Representative (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: amazing pay
Cons: long hours
working for Pepsi is an amazing fast paced career. You learn something new everyday and enjoy a workout stocking and moving product. You always see a smile and lots of friendly customers.
Productive, but hostile environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Roswell, NMApril 22, 2015
Load and unload stock from trucks while counting stock using a pick application, I refreshed my skills on the forklift while working with Pepsi, my management and co-workers work hard but treat me like an outsider. The hardest part of my job is going in and worrying about whether or not my job will be threatened again. The most enjoyable part of my job is that as long as they let me, I can put my head down and focus on the task at hand without issue; benefits are great, and being able to stay in town to be with my family is good.
I care about you all, and because I care I tell you to absolutely never work for Pepsi!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Joplin, MissouriApril 21, 2015
Pros: Honestly, nothing
Cons: Read my review and you'll understand, EVERYTHING
From a viewpoint of all honesty, and compassion for my fellow humans, do not ever work for Pepsi. I worked for Pepsi for a while in Joplin, Missouri and finally couldn't take it anymore. Let's get this straight, I am no stranger to hard work. I expected the job to be physically demanding, but never in my wildest dreams could I have expected it to kill me like it did. I am physically in shape, and love fast paced work environments. I have had no trouble with working hard in the past. This place is a whole different story altogether. You have to be at your first location at 6 am, which my location was an hour away so I had to leave in my car at 5 am, meaning I had to wake up at 4-4:15 am. You have about 4-6 locations to merchandise a day, most of them being big box stores like Walmart or Target or large supermarkets. You receive a daily schedule everyday that estimates how much time it should take you to complete your tasks at each store. The whole schedule is a lie. At stores that usually took me 6 hours to merchandise, the schedule would estimate that it would take an hour and a half. Yeah, maybe it would have taken an hour and a half with 5 people doing the job. By the time you are finished with your first store, you are completely exhausted and ready to go home for the day. But, here it is, only 11 am and you have 4-5 stores around the same size left, all with 6-12 pallets full of Pepsi stuff left to completely stock on the shelves. On top of frantically trying to fill the near empty shelves and coolers at these stores, you are expected to look at 6 pt font dates on every – more... individual product you put and sort them from oldest to newest. It just isn't possible. The managers come around and check your work to see if you have dated the bottles correctly. Almost as bad as the Pepsi managers following you around, the managers who run the big box stores are constantly demanding things of you and blaming you for things you have no control over. They are your customer, so you are told by your bosses that they are never wrong. And even worse than that, as you fill the shelves for the fortieth time that day, a gigantic fat lady comes right behind you and buys 14-16 2 liter bottles of Pepsi, undoing your progress from moments before. And, if you are working on a Saturday or a Sunday (which you will, it's required), you can't stock the shelves full enough to even be able to leave the store half way stocked, which you get in trouble for if you do. By the time you finish all of your stores and clean up the mess in the back room that the merchandiser before you left, you can barely walk, and it's around 7-8 pm, and you have to get right back in your car and drive an hour back home, where you collapse in your bed, having no energy or time for anything else in your life, only to be back up out of bed in 4-6 hours (depending on when you go to bed) to do the same tiresome and grueling tasks the next day. Like I said, I'm no stranger to hard work, and I work quickly in hard work environments, but working for Pepsi isn't right. Every single person I know who has worked for Pepsi as a merchandiser has had a terrible experience, the same I have encountered. Pepsi doesn't care about their hourly employees, from my experience. They will say they do, but they don't. Pepsi's turnover rate is terrible, and we all know why. So, for the love of Pete, don't work there. You're worth more than that. – less
Great place for entry level workers
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Ocassionally the manager will give employers a few Pepsi products for doing a good job.
Cons: Not a family oriented, for those who have children in daycare, etc.
Pepsi is an overall good place to begin your work history. A typical day starts at 5am. I travel to store that is located on my route (which is subject to change weekly), when I get to store, I review my products that have been shipped and rotate items on the shelves. I build displays and fill any empty spaces needed to advertise my merchandise. I work with a group of amazing men and women, we are a team. I have learned how to be flexible and adjust to those who may have different personalities.
great benefits but job is very stressful
Sales Rep 2 (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 21, 2015
great benefits but job is very stressful. alot of continuous calls.. I really wouldn't recomend anyone to apply.. the turn over rate is high because they dont listen to the wants and needs of the employees
Difficult place to work with long hours
Unit Operation Manager (Current Employee), Bonaire, GAApril 20, 2015
I managed 30 people on a manufacturing floor. I had to make sure we achieved our schedule attainment every day. I was responsible for crewing the appropriate amount of people and working with them to make their jobs easier. The hardest part of the job was the hours and the most enjoyable part was working with my team.
Great work environment
Senior Accountant - Capital Management (Current Employee), Somers, NYApril 20, 2015
Good work/life balance, great environment and great co-workers. Very stringent on time in a role before considered for vertical promotion.
Multiple Positions Held
sales (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: two 15 min breaks
Cons: management
back to back calls- over 170 per day either taking orders answering customer requesting and or repair issues. Numbers to hit for bonus. Written and verbal warnings for not hitting numbers.
Food Service Representative (Current Employee), Taunton, MAApril 19, 2015
Very busy- lots of variety

Handling all aspects of customer service, sales, finances, building relationships
Work
Salesman/Merchandiser (Former Employee), SAN ANTONIOApril 16, 2015
Pros: meeting people no day was ever the same
Cons: not enough time in the day
Started my day 5:30 am to start servicing my accounts. Would taking inventory for the next delivery day and address any issues from the night before.
Long Hours, Far Drives
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 15, 2015
Start at 5 am, work to 3-4 without a break except driving from store to store. Depending on your location, you could drive 1-2 hours to your first store of the day.
Great company to work for
Sales District Leader Large Format (Current Employee), tennesseeApril 14, 2015
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: everyday some new issue presents itself
great place to gain experiance in a fast paced work enviroment and handle anything that is thrown your way, Having to learn to be flexable to the ever changing market to ensure customer satisfaction is top priority.
Unorganized and Horrible management
Bulk Driver (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TxApril 14, 2015
Horrible place to work, they don't care about there employees and don't care if your truck isn't safe to drive. Management blows up your personal phone and nothing is ever good enough.
Fast paced
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORApril 14, 2015
Pros: free soda, hours, schedule and forklift operator
Cons: none
Loading and unloading route trucks with forklift. Having a relaxed work environment. Family owned by great people. Having the responsibility to close the plant and be the last one out.
great place to work.
Large Format / Pre-Sale Customer Representative (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAApril 13, 2015
I enjoyed working here , learning about the equipment and selling to people who were looking to get better. I gained a lot of experience in this industry . I learned to replace grips and club shafts .
Delivery -Bay Driver
D-bay driver (Current Employee), Atlanta .GAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, lunches, and Breakfast at meetings.Health care package. Benefits
Cons: Management. long hrs, lots of cases!
I believe in every company having leadership. When I started it had it all, from team work to guideness.Today is nothing but beneficial to those who lead. I being with pepsi 1 year and half and it has being the one of the best place i have ever work. The drivers is what make this place awesome, they threat you with respect , they help you no matter who or where you come from. They go on a daily basic and and go the extra mile just bc they love what they do. They have all the right to call themselves D-Bay drivers.I believe takes very few men to do this kind of work. I see guy last a week and this is only during the slow season(Winter) .A day at pepsi can start as early as 4:30 am and if you don't know what your doing it can go until 7-8 pm at night,and expect to be back the next morning after your 10 hr break.What i enjoy at pepsi was the daily work, the job it self will keep you is shape and running. i had great costumers who treat me right, bc i give them what they needed and it was respect.I give them satisfaction in my work and in my trust.
loader/driver
Loader/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Conroe, TXApril 12, 2015
Pros: job security, good people to work with
Cons: managers are favorable to others
loaded/unloaded trucks. deliver product to stores. merchandise product from cooler to shelves. collect monies and turn in paperwork
Exciting and fun.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Benicia, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free Pepsi every two weeks.
My job was to make sure the product was displayed in stores. I learned a lot about sales. What to do and say in order to get your product in stores and displays. The co-workers were on average. The hardest part was breaking in a new district sales representative. The most enjoy was the challenge of get your product on front display.

1 2 3 4 5

About PepsiCo

PepsiCo Inc. is an American multinational food and beverage corporation headquartered in Purchase, New York, United States, with – Read more

PepsiCo Salaries