PepsiCo

2.2K reviews

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 1,682 reviews matching the search
It's a decent paying blue collar job but also very stressful. You have been warned.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 6, 2014
You go into a grocery store and often see people filling shelves that don't work for the supermarkets, they are vendors. On the outside surface, it might sound like a chill, laid back job where you get to work by yourself, not have to have a manager constantly over your shoulder, and you can work at your own pace. If you think that is the job description of a merchandiser, you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Merchandising is a job that is very difficult and stressful, especially for the soda companies. You usually have to start at 3 to 4 in the morning and have to service an average of 4-6 stores a day (if it's 4 stores, chances are one of them are huge). The difficult part is managing your time because one store could take you 4-6 hours if the salesmen orders 8 pallets that you have to work by yourself with no help. By the time you get to the later stores, you'll be screamed at that you took too long but little did they know you just serviced many stores already and only have two hands.

For Pepsi, management is also a problem and there's a pretty simple answer on why there's such a problem. Most of your managers are young, 20 somethings, who may have a college degree but basically no idea on what your job entails because they never had to do the job themselves and they have almost no managing experience. This company thinks they can give someone an internship and then instantly give them a management title such as Territory Sales Manager. You got these TSMs managing the Salesmen and Merchandisers who have worked for the company for decades. You think that's right? I sure
  more... don't.

I believe most companies need managers with many years of experience or those who have worked for the company from the bottom up and have risen through the ranks. It may sound like I am a bit bitter because of their young age but the truth is they virtually have no idea on how your job is done and how hard you have to work. They just walk into a store and expect it to look perfect without any regard of how much time you had through out the day, how little or too much the Salesmen ordered, or what the in-store managers wanted. If you have a problem in the store, go to the grocery managers there. It's not how the TSM want you to do the job, it's about how the in-store managers want you to service the store. The TSM's need to get that through their heads because their way may not be the way the in-store managers want it done.

Of course it's not Pepsi management that's all bad. Some grocery managers can be absolutely unpleasant people to deal with. That's the nature of retail workers/management. Some are miserable people who hate their job so they take it out on you. They constantly ride you and call your bosses if you aren't perfect or make one small mistake. Having to worry about being called by them on a daily basis makes this job stressful to no end.

My final advise is for people to carefully understand what they are getting into because this job is no picnic. I would say it's not a bad part-time gig because there's much less things you have to deal with if you are part-time. The pay for part-time work is not bad. But be aware that if you go full-time, be prepared with the burden of having to answer to 5-10 people a day and being on the phone with management all the time.
Pros
pays well for retail., full-time opportunities for those who want it., benefits for full-timers., a job that pays well for people with no schooling.
Cons
lack of communication., young, out of touch management., physically demanding schedule., poor treatment by in store managers.
I care about you all, and because I care I tell you to absolutely never work for Pepsi!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MissouriApril 21, 2015
From a viewpoint of all honesty, and compassion for my fellow humans, do not ever work for Pepsi. I worked for Pepsi for a while in Joplin, Missouri and finally couldn't take it anymore. Let's get this straight, I am no stranger to hard work. I expected the job to be physically demanding, but never in my wildest dreams could I have expected it to kill me like it did. I am physically in shape, and love fast paced work environments. I have had no trouble with working hard in the past. This place is a whole different story altogether. You have to be at your first location at 6 am, which my location was an hour away so I had to leave in my car at 5 am, meaning I had to wake up at 4-4:15 am. You have about 4-6 locations to merchandise a day, most of them being big box stores like Walmart or Target or large supermarkets. You receive a daily schedule everyday that estimates how much time it should take you to complete your tasks at each store. The whole schedule is a lie. At stores that usually took me 6 hours to merchandise, the schedule would estimate that it would take an hour and a half. Yeah, maybe it would have taken an hour and a half with 5 people doing the job. By the time you are finished with your first store, you are completely exhausted and ready to go home for the day. But, here it is, only 11 am and you have 4-5 stores around the same size left, all with 6-12 pallets full of Pepsi stuff left to completely stock on the shelves. On top of frantically trying to fill the near empty shelves and coolers at these stores, you are expected to look at 6 pt font dates on every  more... individual product you put and sort them from oldest to newest. It just isn't possible. The managers come around and check your work to see if you have dated the bottles correctly. Almost as bad as the Pepsi managers following you around, the managers who run the big box stores are constantly demanding things of you and blaming you for things you have no control over. They are your customer, so you are told by your bosses that they are never wrong. And even worse than that, as you fill the shelves for the fortieth time that day, a gigantic fat lady comes right behind you and buys 14-16 2 liter bottles of Pepsi, undoing your progress from moments before. And, if you are working on a Saturday or a Sunday (which you will, it's required), you can't stock the shelves full enough to even be able to leave the store half way stocked, which you get in trouble for if you do. By the time you finish all of your stores and clean up the mess in the back room that the merchandiser before you left, you can barely walk, and it's around 7-8 pm, and you have to get right back in your car and drive an hour back home, where you collapse in your bed, having no energy or time for anything else in your life, only to be back up out of bed in 4-6 hours (depending on when you go to bed) to do the same tiresome and grueling tasks the next day. Like I said, I'm no stranger to hard work, and I work quickly in hard work environments, but working for Pepsi isn't right. Every single person I know who has worked for Pepsi as a merchandiser has had a terrible experience, the same I have encountered. Pepsi doesn't care about their hourly employees, from my experience. They will say they do, but they don't. Pepsi's turnover rate is terrible, and we all know why. So, for the love of Pete, don't work there. You're worth more than that.  less
Pros
Honestly, nothing
Cons
Read my review and you'll understand, EVERYTHING
Absolute Worst Company
Finance Associate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 3, 2014
Pepsi is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for.

My first month or so the person assigned to "train" me was late, incredibly rude and unprofessional, and barely taught me anything about my position.

I started off with no supervisor, so trying to get information involving the job was impossible. And when an assignment was incomplete, they'd all say "welcome to Pepsi"

You cannot trust ANYONE in the building. They'll use whatever information you give them and turn it around against you. People in different departments will throw your name under the bus so fast just to get ahead themselves. You'll be back stabbed before you even know it.

Once the Admin department finally got a new manager, she decided to change everything about policies, procedures (which is the one thing you don't do when you're new). She assigned us all a lunch schedule (the only department who couldn't just take a lunch when they wanted, and couldn't talk to any other Admin team). She would text and call you after work hours harassing you about reports and assignments - all the way up to 10PM at night. When you open up your email - imagine 20-30 emails a day, talking down to you, disrespecting you, and being obnoxiously condescending to you.

Oh yeah, she would hide in the camera room SPYING on you, time stamping your every move and then later question you about where you we're, watch what you we're doing and why you were doing it. Then, let's not forget her questioning your colleagues about your whereabouts, making you "promise not to say anything", but the next day you're on a write up for "not
  more... responding quick enough to an email". She would be nice to your face, but to everyone else she's talking behind your back.

Did I mention the HR team is super corrupt?! If you're seen talking to people they don't like you talking to, you end up written up for it. They'll treat you like you're nothing - you can't go to anyone in the building because anything you say....gets back to HR and next thing you know you're written up.

I put in my two week notice after desperately searching for another job. During my last two weeks (which were awful) this manager harassed me in emails, texted after hours, come in my office and talk down to me...I eventually quit a whole week before. I was done. Not the way I wanted to leave, but I refused to be treated this way.

Once I was done with Pepsi I thought it would be an easy transition. Nope, HR decided to also throw one under the belt and Western Union my last paycheck instead of a simple direct deposit. Then, after playing phone tag with the incredibly disrespectful and rude HR lady, she decides to cancel my wire transfer without telling me, making me wait until the end of the business day, and then calling back saying "oh, I gave you the wrong amount."

Last thing, my former boss decides to tell the head honcho of Pepsi Riverside that the reason I quit was because I "couldn't handle audit and the procedures". 100% untrue. I think that this is the part that bothers me the most. Unfortunately.

That was my experience in 9 months of working for Pepsi Riverside. Absolute worst company I've ever had to work for.
Pros
monday through friday schedule
Cons
everything
Be ready for long days and hard work if you are a delivery driver.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2014
Being a delivery driver isn't a job for everyone. The job requires long hours an being at work between 4 am to 6 am everyday. Working for Pepsi, most of there routes are setup for 12 to 14 hour days because they are so short handed.

For my time there, I heard of roughly 15 quitting. Most because of the long hours and the pay. Pepsi pays there delivery drivers like they are sales reps. After training, you are paid $570 a week base and .10 1/2 per case you deliver. During training you will ride with an experienced driver for maybe 5 days then you will work what they call a Geo route which is mainly 7/11's and On Que's. You will be on these routes until they have all of your access for the handheld ready to run on your own. I felt sorry for one the delivery driver managers Chris because he was always having to deal with people calling in or not showing up.

Pepsi has a lot of product they deliver so be ready. They deliver Sobe, Lipton, Starbucks. Rockstar Energy and Gatorade outside of the regular Pepsi products. The invoices for products are abbreviated so it will be rough figuring out what is what. Also you have to check your truck before noon daily and call in any shortages. If you do not, Pepsi will charge you for the missing product.

Advancement opportunities will not happen until you have been there for at least 6 months. At that point you can apply for anything within Pepsico. Locally, there isn't room to advance unless someone quits are gets fired and hope that management doesn't have someone else lined up for that position.

Most of the complaints I heard from customers
  more... was about the Pepsi sales reps. The biggest complaint was that no one ever saw a sales rep and when they got there deliveries they always got product that they didn't need and most of the time, it would get refused. So remember, if you don't deliver product, you are missing out on $$$.

The complaints from drivers besides long hours is that certain places you deliver to do not stock product and wait on the delivery driver to do it. Here in Oklahoma, that was mainly 7 eleven's. 90% of these stops, you would be there for at least 2 hrs stocking because none of there employees would stock and if it was one of the newer 7 eleven's, you would be there longer. I now that 2 drivers quit because they didn't want to have to deal with 7 elevens again.

The benefits are decent and the fact that they are active day 1 is a plus. You do get free water and Gatorade daily. As long as you gave managers notice, they would work with you on getting time off. At least once a month, Pepsi will have food delivered for the drivers, which was nice. You do get paid weekly which is a plus.

I think that if Pepsi did there training differently and switched there drivers over to an hourly wage, more people would stay. I liked working there and I wasn't happy that I had to leave but I had to do what was best for me at the time.
Pros
day 1 benefits, free drinks. working on your own.
Cons
pay, long work hours, training. no advancement opportunity
Fast-paced, continuously evolving business with great opportunities
Local Process Owner (LPO),Bulk Customer Rep. (BCR) (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 24, 2013
My work day is compacted with product sales, merchandising requirements, conference calls, face-to-face interactions with multiple customers, and timely deadlines. In addition to gaining a great deal of experience working in a fast-paced environment, I was given the opportunity to meet customers face-to-face and to develop those relationships through a number of avenues, such as: trustworthy sales deals, profitable margin opportunities, daily visits, sales plans, and data reviews. It was great to build trusting relationships with people based on ethical practices and good, honest feedback about sales. At the end of the day, I am looking to make my company profitable, as well as increase the profits of the customers in which I am servicing.

Management at Pepsi Beverages Company is constantly evolving. If there is a way to make a process(es) more efficient and profitable, Pepsi will do its best to make the necessary changes, in an ethical, moralistic fashion. I have always had great relationships with my supervisory staff, and I owe much of that credit to the fact that they are continuously spending time in the trade. They want to see, first hand, what we are dealing with on the front lines. All-in-all, my co-workers are helpful and team-oriented. Many times, we have to cover each other's backs, in order to make sure that the company succeeds. Although it may be a bit inconvenient at the time, it is what is necessary in order to make the business successful.

Pepsi Beverages Company offers a lot of great opportunities, but those opportunities are often met with physically demanding
  more... tasks. My body, while still young and useful, has taken a bit of a beating over the years. On average, the products that I move weigh approximately 60 pounds per package. In my opinion, the physical nature of the business is the hardest part of the job. There are other challenges, of course. One of the most frustrating challenges is selling products (especially new, innovative products) to customers who have little, or no, interest in carrying those packages. There is ample pressure, from Pepsi, to push innovation, but that pressure is often met with ample push-back from customers. As a salesperson, it is often difficult to keep both sides satisfied and profitable as a business with innovation packages.

Overall, Pepsi offers great benefits and a great deal of opportunities for advancement. I love the people that surround me, and I've had a lot of fun getting to know my customers over the years. It has led me to a vast amount of knowledge in relationship building, sales tactics, and marketing schemes. I look forward to using those skills as I move forward with my career.
Pros
flexible hours, good compensation
Cons
physically demanding
Would be a wonderful place to work if business was handled like business without personal grudges.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYSeptember 26, 2012
A typical day at work was dealing with customers, effectively troubleshooting issues, placing orders, emails, assisting union as well as management employees with different issues they may have. Reviewing and processing job applications. Checking manager's voice mails and emails following up and handling immediate service needs. When working with so many people on a daily basis (Customers and Co-Workers) I have learned to deal with many personalities. Some cases were very extreme, but in business you have to make sure that all types of customers are satisfied in order to ensure the business longevity and also to maintain a healthy work environment with Co-Workers. I learned different programs and procedures in order to be of better assistance to customers and co-workers in absence of upper management, hence making their office work lighter when they returned from the field. Management in my first 5 years there was great. Management was very fair in how the employees was treated. When the manager was transferred to another location and another manager from another location stepped in that is when everything changed. Everyone became insecure about their job status, always tension, many were getting fired. There were cliques being formed. Your voice was basically silenced as far as ideas, creativity, as well as suggestions. Co-Workers you have to find a way to deal with the many personalities in order to ensure a stable work environment. Though i have been highly effective in that area no doubt there has been a few hiccups. But you learn to get pass them because the main objective  more... is keeping business flowing. The hardest part of the job was being held accountable for others and their mistakes. If someone failed or did not choose to be responsible for their duties it was transferred to me. I became the "Go to Person" in which I became overwhelmed and my duties and responsibilities began to suffer. The most enjoyable part was being of assistance to others. Learning new things not only in my department but all of the other departments as well. Obtaining knowledge and being able to utilize it across the board was great. Like a double edge sword though because once my superiors became aware of my abilities is when my work load became excessive.  less
Pros
401k, profit sharing, autonomy to some extent.
Cons
low salary, on call even on lunch break, accountability
High expectations
Pre-sell Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2012
A typical day consisted of stopping at 15-25 pre-determined stops in your geographical territory. At each stop you would check in with the manager or owner, and then take care of whatever needs they had. Any place other than a restaurant you merchandised the product into coolers or displays. You would constantly check for ad changes, and then have to change your point of sale material. There were lots of times that we were given the wrong information and then would have to scramble to make or find appropriate price points.

What I learned was mostly more about myself. This position offers opportunities for you to sell, but it was more about account management. I realized that I wanted more of a true sales role and not a role that had you spending the majority of your time doing maintenance work.

The quality of management within the company varies. I had great experiences with the management in my location, but have heard absolute horror stories about other facilities. The management in my location were always willing to help you out.

The co-workers that I dealt with the most were fellow sales representatives, and the delivery team. The two teams had to constantly work together everyday, and we were both always butting heads with each other. It made the work day much more stressful to find out when you get to a stop that the driver didn't put away any of the product he brought in through the door. From a drivers perspective it wasn't their job if the sales representative didn't stock enough the day before.

The hardest parts of the job were dealing with unrealistic expectations
  more... from both our customers, and the management team. Many times we would be criticized for what amounted to be minor flaws. There was a real lack of communication from other sales teams and management to our team, and it made it appear that it was poor execution by us.

The most enjoyable parts of the job were that we weren't stuck in an office all day. We could work ahead if we needed personal time, and the majority of co-workers and customers were great people.
Pros
stable job, good benefits
Cons
the pay stays almost flat year over year, not a lot of advancement opportunities, not a great work/life balance
Cognos Developer
Cognos Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Responsibilities
• Upgradation / Migration of IBM Cognos 8 BI to IBM Cognos 10 BI.
• Involved in gathering Business Requirements for new models/reports.
• Developed various types of reports like List Reports, Grouped Reports, Cross tab Reports, Chart Reports, Drill-Down, Drill-Through Reports, Master detail reports, Developed Active Reports, Conditional Formatting, Workspace Dashboards, Active Reports, multi-query multi-prompt reports, Standard Templates, Dimensionally Modeled Relational Model (DMR) Reports, Relationally Modeled Relational Model (RMR) Reports.
• Involved in maintenance and developing the metadata model using Framework Manager publishing the packages
• Migrated the reports from Birt to Cognos.
• Developed Advanced Dashboards using advanced features available in Cognos Workspace 10.2 like tabbed-dashboards, Action Button Widget, Freeze Column and Row Headings and so on.
• Developed Active Reports for providing an interactive analytics experience in a self-contained Cognos Business Intelligence application for browsing and exploring data offline.
• Fixing the issues in Cognos reports.
• Developed customized prompts using Java Script.
• Involved in developing power cubes using IBM Cognos Transformer.
• Provided Production support and resolved maintenance issues.
• Performed Cognos admin tasks like installing and configuring the Cognos Server and Framework Manager, Webserver, publishing the packages from Framework Manager, importing the packages and exporting the packages, deploying the packages in servers, integrating Cognos BI application with other
  more... applications.
• Installed and Configured the Cognos BI environment, administering the servers, Troubleshooting

Environment IBM Cognos 10, Cognos 8.3/8.4, Framework Manager, Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Workspace, Cognos Workspace Advanced, Cognos Transformer, Cognos Active Reports, Enterprise Business Vault, Enterprise Database Oralce 11g, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle, SQL Developer, Active Directory Server and Windows 7.
good company,bad hours,not paid enough for all the work you do
cdl a driver (Former Employee) –  buffalo nySeptember 8, 2015
Management does not care about you
They just want there product to go out and be delivered.
You can't call off unless your dying
You have to ask for the day and when you do 9 times out of 10 they say no!!!!
Alot of work unloading there really bad loaded trucks
Management does nothing to fix there loading.
Good company with great benefits and money
But $1200 a week isn't enough for all the extra stuff you have to do
Ex... merching the coolers at stores you deliver
Putting the product in shelves and on customers
Wheelers.
TAKING 60 CASES OF PEPSI DOWN TO A BEATEN UP BASEMENT AND THE CUSTOMER HAS NO CONSIDERATION FOR YOU.
15 STEPS GOING DOWN
THE ARAB STORES ARE EVEN WORSE
GOING UP 5 STEPS WITH 60 CASES REALLY BEATS U UP AND THEN U STILL HAVE 18 MORE STOPS TO GO.
All the waiting,everything is rush rush and rush
YOU WORK NO LESS THAN 12 HOURS EVERYDAY
YOU GO HOME NOT WANTING TO DO ANYTHING
BECAUSE YOUR SO TIRED.
if your looking to not have a life besides pepsi
Then this is for you.
All the drivers don't want to do the work
But they stay because it's good money and good benefits.
YOU HAVE NO LIFE
THIS SUMMER I WENT OUT TWICE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO TIME FOR ANYTHING
YOU START AT 4.AM AND FINISH WHEN YOUR DONE
WHEN EVER THAT IS!!!!!
YOUR LATEST START TIME IS 6.30 AM
BUT KEEP IN MIND U WORK NO LESS THAN 12 HOURS DO THE MATH AND SEE WHAT TIME YOUR ACTUALLY GETTING GOME TO YOUR FAMILY ALL BEAT UP AND SO EXHAUSTED 5 DAYS A WEEK.
YOU GET WEEKENDS OFF BUT AFTER ALL THE WORK DURING THE WEEK, ME PERSONALLY I DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING BESIDES SIT AND REST..
  more...
YOU MAY THINK I'M OVERDOING IT
BUT WHEN YOU WORK THERE YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN UNTIL THEN DON'T JUDGE BECAUSE YOU JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR WALKING INTO........
I AM ONLY POSTING THIS HERE NOT TO PUT PEPSI DOWN BUT TO WARN OTHER DRIVERS AS WELL
PS.YOU DO EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF YOU HAVE NO HELP
THE BEER, MILK, BREAD GUY HAVE A HELPER
AT PEPSI YOU DON'T !!!!!!!!
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
$1200 a week is not enough for all the Xtra things u have to do
Get a route close to the city! Very little management support for far away stores!!!!!
Sales rep, Louisiana (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 19, 2013
My route extended over 150 square miles in Southwest Louisiana. If you have a gift at being a salesman, you will do well. However, if you need training or help at any location that is too far from the Pepsi plant, you will receive it months later!! Most stores in Jennings and Crowley are tougher sales than those in Lake charles. Management has a hard time getting people or themselves to travel more than 50 miles from Lake Charles so you'll get dealing with issues that you can not fix. I asked for help and did this for six months, but when you can't take care of issues that only your plant management can take of, your customers take it out on you! For example, the plant in Lake Charles distributes Crush to all of its stores. For whatever reason, the barcode changed and the 12 packs and 2 liters are now unauthorized in Winn Dixie in Crowley!! This problem has been ongoing and plant management had done little if anything to fix it. My supervisor shot a few emails, but the problem is still ongoing!!!!
Customers in the store are upset and the store takes it out on you!!
I was written up because I had too many out of dates for the year 2012!!! I WASN'T EVEN AT PEPSI UNTIL AUGUST 2012. I refused to sign the write-up!!!! You will get written up for taking care of your customers. This includes controlling overstock and sending back bad product. Most product comes in bad because they load up some of the trucks in the rain. the 12packs get wet and moldy and the presentation is horrible. If you we're shopping in a store, would you buy wet and soft 12packs? You have to wind up apologizing
  more... to your customers. But, I did take pictures. My advice, .....document everything and try to get a route near Lake Charles. You'll get more training, help and backup from management. Please take this advice!!! If you're new, don't let them stick you on a far away route!!!!!  less
Pros
great compensation
Cons
if stores are too far away, little support

Want to know more about PepsiCo?

Ask a question
Secure job with good pay
driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2013
This is a great job for a young man without lots of outside responsibilities beyond bills. If you have kids you'll need someone to watch them when you are at work all day 5 days a week. Single parents will struggle as your day starts 5-6am and can end well after the sun sets.

You need to be in good physical condition to perform this job. Its a marathon of manual labor. If you eat right the constant exercise will shred any fat off you so that's a bonus. This isn't the type of job where you can call in because you don't feel so hot in the morning. Nobody feels good at 4:30am, get over it. You are the only one running your route, when you call in it really messes up the plan and will make you look bad.

Excellent benefits, pay is better than any other beverage company in town. Company offers insurance from day 1 which is huge. Two weeks of time off plus sick/personal days in your first year is a big deal too.

This is the toughest delivery job in town, you have to know how to push yourself and maintain a constant pace in all types of weather. You will constantly deal with pushy managers and inconsiderate people. If you don't take rude people personally and just do your job you'll be fine.

The culture is, "Just get it done" with no consideration for your home time which is why I rank the work/life balance so low. The site manager considers your weekends your time for family, doesn't want to hear that you don't get to see your kids enough during the week. You do get weekends off which is a plus in this business. Supervisors will work with you where they can by shortening your route
  more... for a day if you have something you need to do in the late afternoon. Give them them enough notice and be willing to adjust plans as necessary.

Very limited upward mobility within the Oklahoma City branch. Its a delivery depot not an operations hub. However this is a world wide company so your ability to transfer is world class.
Pros
good pay, weekends off, great benefits
Cons
long long hours
scape goat
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  sacramento, ca.March 9, 2013
Management plays favorites. Purposely sends you to known stores that is known to not have been serviced for days, and expects you to service and clean everything in a short amount of time, then blames you for not doing your job and being slow and uses you as an excuse for the store not being serviced. Uses you as a scape goat to cover their own faults and their pet employees. You guys get what i'm saying right? Don't deny it doesn't happen. Merchandisers that regularly services the stores get lazy, leave a mess for the part time back up merchandisers and blame the back ups and complains to the sales reps and managers, and the management blames the back up because the regular full time merchandiser is buddies with management or is their pet. So if you have friends in management, it could be a job for you. It'll be a kick back job if you do.
Also, the leads play favorites. As the holidays come up, the lead calls in his favorites to build a display... One display... For the whole day!!! And dumps all the other stores to the other merchandisers. Oh yea, trust me. I've seen it. Numerous times. I got numerous stores dumped on me because they were building "numerous" displays. In the morning, i see them start building, i service the store and head out to other stores. Throughout the day, i drop in during my lunch and while i pass by going to another store, they're just horsing around checking out the female customers that walk by. All 5 of them. At the end of the day when i'm suppose to do my callback for that store, the lead talkies me to go home instead. But i drop in anyways and
  more... i see them finishing up the display! Forced me to work 9 stores for 13 hour shift and these phonies kick back building a simple display all day?!
All in all, its corrupted. Well the sacramento, ca pepsico plant at least.
Pros
free one cup of fountain soda when you leave from the plant for the day
Cons
everything else
Corporate finance professional in the Food / Beverage with ten years experience
Sr. Mgr - Financial Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMay 1, 2014
I am a corporate finance professional with over ten years of experience, primarily in the food and beverage industry at PepsiCo. I have gained experiences with increasing levels of responsibility across diverse functions such as supply chain / operations, engineering and finance. I am currently the Sr. Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) for PepsiCo's Naked Emerging Brands, a sub-division focused on health and wellness brands consisting of Naked Juice, Izze Sparkling Juice and ONE Coconut Water. I am also an MBA candidate at UCLA Anderson School of Management (completion May 2015).

I have had unique opportunities to:
* Integrate and transform an entrepreneurial business unit within a Fortune 50 company

* Share financial results, strategic recommendations and long range plans with sr. management

* Develop, mentor and nurture talent across multiple departments

* Provide stewardship to sales, marketing, supply chain and R&D teams for day to day and strategic business decisions impacting short and long term P&L of NEB, in particular Net Revenue, COGs, SG&A and NOPBT

* Partner with marketing leads to drive innovation agenda forward by providing financial stewardship and operational expertise to drive concepts to market on time and on budget

Recent roles:

Sr. FP&A Manager reporting to CFO (Current)
- Managed financials for three businesses ($600M+ Net Revenue) and reported financial results to PepsiCo Sr. Management
- Responsible for providing financial stewardship throughout the strategic innovation life cycle
- Develop annual operating plan and strategic business
  more... plan under the guidance and direction of our division's CFO  less
Pros
extremely talented employees, fast paced environment, great products
Fun place to work employees are fun to be around it reminds me of a frat house
Forklift Operator/Night Loading (Former Employee) –  Munster, INNovember 25, 2014
Easy work once you get use to it didn't have a set time off tho so my schedule was 4pm till finish. Could be 12:30am 8 hours or the latest I got out was 8:30am just depending on the work load & how many people picking in that day. Also you gotta account if anybody called off or leave work early that adds more work time I know it sounds like a lot but if you about making money this is the job. My first year I made $60,000 no lie a lot of overtime to get that but it was worth it I rather make money then sit at home doing nothing. Your job title is Forklift Operator but you start off as a picker which is hard at first cause you don't know where everything is in the warehouse. You riding on a walkie rider which can be scary at first if you never rode one. You have to pick a certain amount of cases per hour, which is easy for some but the job not for everyone. The employees I work with was the best worked with all guys in the nightloading department we was like brothers, we all went out together bars, clubs, and the strip club. Worked out every night after work, took turns driving out for lunch. Thats the type of guys you wanna work with. But its not gonna be a lot of family time like that so if you married or have a girlfriend get use to her not believing you always at work. But since you at work all the time you won't have time to spend money like that so you will have money in the bank thats the bright side but bids come up all the time so you won't have to be in the nightloading position long.
Pros
great pay$$$, free pop or water on holidays to take home, they always give us free meals for doing good work
Cons
management pretends like they care but they don't only care about the company not the employees, gets stressful at times
A facepaced environment with new and exciting challenges daily.
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 26, 2012
A as an Account Manager for Pepsi my day typically starts around 6:00a.m. . Each day I have a specific number of accounts to visit. I generally visit 16 to 22 accounts on each day, and I spend on average 30 minutes to an hour in each account. The first step when I enter an account is to speak with the manager or owner of the store to see if there are any issues I need to resolve and to also sell in additional product. My second step is to check to store to make sure Pepsi product is properly signed with the correct price point and to make sure the signs are neat. Thirdly I merchandise the store. Fourthly I inventory the store to so that I can make an order to send to replenish the stores Pepsi products. The final step is to supervise the deliver of the product once the order has been placed and to make sure that the product is placed in the proper area by the drivers that deliver the product. This job requires me to manager around nine deliver drivers. Managing drivers and micro managing store employees has taught me the value of clear communication and also the importance of establishing a rapport with the individuals you work with on a day to day basis. In addition, managing drivers is one of the most difficult parts of this job because the turnover amongst drivers is very high. However, there are many aspects of this job I do enjoy. I am able to work and communicate with people that are very diverse. This job also requires me to be responsible for myself and manage time wisely because I am in each account by myself. I also enjoy this job because it challenges me to improve  more... my sales each month by achieving sells quotas and I also enjoy satisfying my customers.  less
Good company to work for.
Merchandiser/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2012
Go to the Pepsi plant, get your paper-work, grab your hand-held computer , make sure you check if there any promotional boarders or stickers displays then get in your vehicle and start recording your time log and your mileage ledger. Usually when entering your accounts (grocery stores), you greet the managers letting them know you are in the accounts for servicing and if there's any issues, then you examine these accounts to check for all Pepsi products or displays, then go to the back of the store where the Pepsi products are, then you merchandise the store with the products, after then, structure the back-room from what's left-over and then write an order using a hand-held computer. After servicing the entire store,you consult with the manger and letting them know what has been accomplish in there stores, then you smile and leave.

Management: Every companies at times goes through management adjustments, so with good outcomes and some with bad outcomes.

Co- workers: Majority of are great to work with.

What makes the job complicated is when there's no communication and you go into an accounts(stores) and run into a huge order to work to the shelves and only 20% of it goes up, having to deal with all that excessive inventory. Also dealing with the store manager complaining about all the excessive product that came in his store. And this is from the previous merchandiser or sales rep. that send all of this into the store without bringing this to your awareness.All of this results into extreme long hours.

What I do like about the job is, I'm a peoples person and with merchandising
  more... and selling products to the accounts and building good relationship it's a sense of an accomplishment to me.  less
Warm, Balanced, but restrictive promtion policy
Supply Chain Capability Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2014
This company has been extremely flexible with my unique life situation. I have been able to work remotely for several years given my husband's employment, but have stayed connected with my teammates who are in a variety of locations across the country. The team I am on has taken efforts to build skills within the team, network with teams across the company and keep our workplace fun and active. I have learned how to take in criticism in and grow from it and give criticism in a way that builds people up. Management is good. I have had a series of managers that listen to what I have to say and act on the areas that I need their assistance with. They have been responsive and given me room to test out my own ideas. The hardest part of working for this company is the hard and fast rules that Human Resources places on promotion and raises. Salary should be based on what an employee contributes to the company. Unfortunately there are restrictions that are based strictly on a person's current level. I started out right out of college at a low level position, but quickly showed my worth and ability to contribute by taking on and accomplishing tasks and projects that impacted large groups of people within the company in big ways. I was performing far outside my level, but because of my level and salary start I could only be given a certain amount of raises, level increases etc. If I had started with PepsiCo with my current experience I guarantee my salary and level would be much higher.
Pros
work/life balance, extra activities to build teams
Cons
promotion strategy
Great Experience
Product Availability Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 17, 2015
Department head, warehouse and fleet operations.
• Designed and implemented warehouse improvement processes that included warehouse layout and slotting designed to increase productivity for shipping, receiving, and route and transport loading operations.
• Tracked warehouse /fleet department labor and productivity daily.
• Increased route truck loading productivity from 264 employee cases per hour (cs per hr) to 305 cases per hour. Transport loading productivity from 2235 cs per hr to 2840 cs per hr.
• Exceeded sales volume from 5.7 million cases per year to 6.8 million in 2001. This exceeded market unit forecast for NOPBT.
• Exceeded labor cost and productivity plans for warehouse and fleet. Warehouse ranked # 1 out of 320 COBO nation wide in 2000.
• Insured proper product rotation and blind receivers were complete on all inbound transports Breakage/shrinkage tracking was done on all shipments and receipts. Daily and weekly break, shrink & OOS report reviewed and distributed among sales leads in order to show accountability and ownership.
• Managed $1.3 million dollar warehouse/fleet and facilities budget that included 92 cost lines.
• Forecast and ordered all products - 318 SKU's. Managed daily inventory control. 13-period end inventory closes per year.
• Worked directly with unit manager and sales department heads on sales, customer service and delivery issues.
• Forecast, scheduled and coordinated Club Store, Food Service and Special Events Accounts with key account managers.
• Negotiated all outside services contracts for facility.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Many, Many Sunday's
Stable company but,,,,,,,,,,,,
Raw Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 24, 2015
Begin work at 4AM performed cycle count on raw materials, paid bills, and post, reconcile, then repost. Email results to operation manager and plant manager. Go to gate and pick up invoices and packages that were dropped off. Participated in daily solve by sundown meeting. If the schedule changed, making sure there was enough material to cover the schedule, if not, had to discuss with planner and operation manager to see what can be done. Made sure there were enough pallets and shrink wrap for the next three days. Pulled production schedule from Avail/ Prevail and started ordering for the next weeks production. The environment at Pepsi was don't have syrup in the tank with no materials to produce. Justified why there was waste, had to physically count every empty bottle, cap, label, corrugate, and wrap. The leadership team didn't want any input from the front line employees or myself. Every 4 weeks we closed the period with no support from leadership. After Labor Day, the closes fell on a holiday in which leadership did not pitch in to help nor train a back fill.

I learned I could only count on myself in this job, because most manager don't take the time to learn this part of the business. My co workers were supportive because if they saw any material getting low they would inform me. The hardest part of the job is letting MRP and SAP do the work while your manager is telling you to order double the amount of materials. The most enjoyable part, was knowing I could handle any situation with grace and intelligence.
Pros
stable, good compensation
Cons
no work life balance, opportunity for growth
Great product line up to be ambassador to
Key Account Manager - Wisconsin Market (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 30, 2013
The ever changing and fast past business behind the product line up that is close to untouchable in the industry. The issues that lie at hand are the work load balance is never balanced, and if it is it's that everyone has a lot! As one company they have lost their loyalty to the front line employees and often are driven on a hope instead of a reality. the constant re- alignment in positions/organization is frustrating. The daily life is diverse and dynamic, rarely a day that is not changing, what I liked about it. Co-workers were in all kinds, workers that believed in how we relate and serve the customer and be successful and the majority, single focused and worried only about their side of business. Upper management would take care of their own, which would lead to people who were ready for that job looking in from the outside. Your career path was often chosen for y9ou depending on what info you may have put into the system through the HR Dept. Posting of possible positions were inconsistent. I was one of the lucky one's that worked hard and by word of mouth and experience led me to my position. Still not fair for all who may have and were over looked for other spots, once again no consistency. The perks of the job had its advantages which were invaluable to the employees that could use them and the customers. Before PepsiCo bought the major bottlers most of these issues DID NOT occur as much, the bottling system ran a business of reality.
Pros
events, perks
Cons
work life balance, work load size, consistency in any approach of business