PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 3,105 reviews matching the search
Great Place to Work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York StateAugust 31, 2016
PepsiCo is a great place to work. Career advancement can be slow and the yearly bonus is a joke. It is very hard to move around as your manager can block you from moving if you are really good or really bad and this can hinder your career advancement. Management really depends on the type of manager you get. This dictates your work life balance. The campuses are great but expensive to eat. All and all it is a comfortable place to work.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Slow Upward Mobility
Training very poor
Swing Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 29, 2016
They have trainers that have been working there for 20+ years. It is like they have forgot how it is being the "new guy". Knowing what to do at each stop or the correct way of moving product...they act like you should just be able to come off the street and do it the pepsi way. Just two trainers for that location and they both do things different so if you are working with a other person and you are doing things the way that you were trained the week before and its not their way its like a crime in their eyes.
Pros
pay
Cons
training
Poor organization and flawed management
Beverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 12, 2016
Communication is dismal from top to bottom. Management doesn't hold the proper people accountable. Upper management lacks professionalism when discussing constructive criticism. People at the bottom of the hierarchy are treated very poorly and aren't shown enough support from management. Frustrating work environment and the lack of compensation makes it all the more unsatisfying.
Pros
Flexible, work at your own pace
Cons
Compensation, management support, communication, and organization
Great Company with mixed up ideas
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CASeptember 8, 2016
I worked for this company for thirteen years. I had seen a lot in my time there. The one thing that was consistent was change. Never could you have the same co worker for too long. never could gain cohesiveness with anyone. Always felt disconnected and never part of a team. Then the management door always was rotating and different rules and codes that nobody could keep up with. One day "X" is okay to do and then the next day "X" is no longer viable and you are fired for it. It never really made sense to me and always felt as if they never really cared about employees.
Horrible company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 9, 2016
Pepsi in Sherman, Texas is a terrible place to work. The management is horrible and they expect everything from you, and give nothing in return. The plant manager is the biggest liar and is constantly putting the employees down. There is major favoritism and it is very obvious. They do it give you time with your family and demand you be available anytime they need. Again I can't stress enough the plant managr is the worst type of manager and is very disrespectful.
Great Job if you want to work 24/7
Route sales (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 14, 2016
Work is never over when you clock out. My typical day is normally 12 hours if I am lucky. You take the job home and when you're swamped management is nowhere to help you. Management is quick to find your faults but never praise you when you do something well. If you have a family, forget it, you will be too tired and occupied with work. For a company that makes billions in profits our benefits is subpar and the pay is decent. Pay will change year to year so expect paycuts.
filling vending machines
helper (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 27, 2016
i drove around from machine to machine and filled them with soft drinks, food, hot or cold, typical work day included driving and working both inside and out side alot, in any weather condition. My coworkers were quite and helpful we all worked independently and at the end of the day you might be lucky to count money and deposit it into the bank drop box together. the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to work your own schedule and not have someone watching you constantly.
Pros
independence, 1 hr lunches, driving
Cons
driving, stress, productivity requirements, inspections
I worked there 38 years and retired. It was a good company to work for.
Maintenance Technician/Inventory control (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 27, 2016
I worked at Pepsi 38 years and it was a good company to work for. It was a hard job but rewarding. I learned a lot of job skills and how to work with a lot of different kinds of people. Due to the high turnover of management there, I had to learn to work with a lot of managers and supervisors over the years. The hardest part of my job was the high stress level. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
learning to work with all kinds of people
Cons
not many breaks, stress level
Pepsico
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Great opportunity to work for a large established company and manager global executive benefits. Create a website with content that was user friendly for employees to access and make financial decisions with. I learned a lot about this program and how it operates with a global company. Co workers were wonderful and smart. Always a learning opportunity.
Pros
Great learning environment.
Cons
A lot of face time required for advancement.
great work environment
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 8, 2016
Normally read your emails and check in with the boss. Know whats going on and how IT affects you. Bring your A game and have thick skin. not many people like Pepsi. Be ready to be insulted and laughed at. The co workers are great. team work and keep everyone on the same page. SALES PAGE. Managers are great to help and point out mistakes before they become an issue.
Pros
world wide international company
Cons
company too big to be noticed
good company
DISTRICT SALES LEADER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2016
Good company, good culture. excellent frito lay product portfolio.
long work hours, work hard, play hard.
stable company with option to grow and succeed
Continue to be market leader and offer opportunities to many areas of skills and service.
Typical work day are long hours
learned about what it takes to succeed in fast pace environment
great co-workers
hardest part of job is work-life balance
enjoyable part is decent compensation
Pros
solid company
Cons
long work hours
Slave Drivers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 4, 2016
Pepsi is by far the worst place I have worked at. They are completely unorganized. Also they work you 11-16 hours every day. Including 1 whole day overtime.Promised me a $2 raise once I was full time. That is a lie. My raise is on hold for the union for 1 year. Wrong on so many levels. Unrealistic CPH count and favoritism. Working like a donkey for low pay. At least before I was working my butt off for that raise. Now I'm looking for another job, I refuse to work for such low pay, I have zero life because I am always at work.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no life, long hours, low pay
stressful work hours No time for family or yourself
Merchandiser (Seasonal/Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 3, 2016
work day is from 6am-6pm.
Nothing to gain education from because your only stocking soda beverages.
Managment treats employees like worker bees, theres no sense of compassion for wokers and and over abundance of work hours.
Co-workers are friemdly sometime professional.
The hardest part of the job is the heavy intense manual labor.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the freedom to make your own work schedule while at work because you work alone.
Pros
great consistant pay
Cons
no off time, work environment is intense manual labor
No growth
Route Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
First you work in an office with 70 others. You have to schedule all vacation a year in advance by seniority so don't plan on getting Christmas or thanksgiving off. No flexibility for taking time off. No advancement. Plan on working holidays when regular offices take them off. No support or help from management or push back to locations. Better off applying for plant position where movement is greater.
Benefits
Cons
See above
life at pepsi
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 7, 2016
Load pallets as quick and effective as possible,
coworkers are awesome with alike goals while management tends to struggle with completing the daily task. I dislike the lack of structure within the work place, although i try to improve the job based on positive work ethics. I enjoy the co workers in the work place i love to be able to joke and smile with great people
Pros
co-workers, and paychecks
Cons
management, inconsistent hours
love working for this comapany good friendly people well rounded manaegment group always helpful
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 26, 2016
My work experience was very good. The job I learned so much management skills. I learned great customer service. I also learned the system of shipping and receiving. I learned how to make schedules and calendar events. I adjusted to the manager's Routine pretty quickly
Pros
I met a lot of people and vendors i learned to network with
Cons
short break and mangers barley ever got a chance to breath
Committed to people safety and product quality
Senior Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAAugust 16, 2016
Dynamic and fast paced environment
Respect, value of individuality and diversity
Energy and personal growth oriented management style
Fantastic co-workers
Keeping up with changes could be challenging at times
Interacting with team members is an enjoyable experience
Pros
Motivation and empowerment through reward and recognition program
Cons
Life work balance
Very busy work environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 22, 2016
Typical day at work would be coming into a store, and walking around observing product that's missing from the shelf and coolers and write down a count of things you will need. I developed strong communication skills throughout the past 2 years at this job. Management was fair most of the times. co- workers were pretty okay as well. The hardest part of the job was pleasing managers, some didn't really care for the merchandisers. The most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mandatory OT
Heavy,repetitive lifting.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 30, 2016
Very labor intensive.pepsi is a great company to work for,but for a merchandiser position is not for everyone.the pay is mediocre for all the work this job entails. Coworkers do their jobs different and when being trained that can make your job difficult when learning the position.if you like working on your own it's a great job..but just be prepared for heaving,constant lifting.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Heavy lifting
Work environment fun, friendly, and enjoyable
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Norotn VAJuly 19, 2016
Fun place to work. Typical workday is easy-going, a lot of down time. Revamped this position to reduce repetitive work. Work/Home life balance is great. There is no issues with getting time off for family functions, doctors, or special events. Co-Workers are more like family, a lot of companies say they are family but here it is implemented and one of the company's core values.
Pros
Friendly work environment, friendly co-workers.
Cons
Too much down time in current position.