PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 3,101 reviews matching the search
Run away from this posting
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMarch 25, 2016
I do not recommend working here. Senior Leadership does not care about the people that work for them, only sales goals to pad their own resumes. Work/life balance doesn't exist. Leadership refers to the job as a "lifestyle", not a career. Company has gone through multiple "restructurings" since PepsiCo purchased the two Anchor Bottlers a few years ago. They just keep cutting and cutting and cutting while lining the pockets of their Executives and investors while asking what is left of front line and lower management to give more and more of themselves. The driver job is the worst job in the company. The pay is not worth the job requirements.
Pros
Weekends off unless short-staffed(which happens most of the time)
Cons
Very little
Great, Fast Paced Work Environment
Several (Current Employee) –  SeveralMarch 21, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at Pepsi, with everyday being a new adventure. I have learned a variety of skills during my career there including people management, change management, customer relationships, B2B selling, and P&L literacy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team feel. Every challenge you are presented with at Pepsi can be overcome through communicating with your teammates. The hardest part of the job is the difficulty in getting into a set routine, but in my opinion that's also one of the best parts!
Pros
Fast Pace, Competitive Environment, Advancement Opportunity
Cons
Lack of Routine
It is a very productive and fast past call center
Customer Equipment Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 29, 2016
It is a very fast past job. You have to use multiply screens and learn a lot of things in 8weeks of training . You mostly learn from has hands on. Management is not that friendly did not like to answer question . They like to stay in there office at times not very professional as they should. Very could place to learn how to use a score cards and to be productive. Love the overtime pay that they offered. Did not like the fact that they only gave 10 cent raises.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
have to learn stuff on your own
Great company and environment to work at. Opportunities for advancement.
Shop Lead (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 31, 2016
Worked in Pepsi's refurbishment department my entire ten plus years with the company. Great work atmosphere and many opportunities for advancement in job title and compensation.
Excellent experiences working on vending machines and refrigeration coolers were your creative thinking and problem solving skills were required in turning used units into "like new" ones.
Started with 12 refurbishment departments across U.S in 2004.. Fresno plant was the very last to close in May 2015. Company transitioned to new equipment only, which are covered under warranty by manufacturer.
Pros
Advancement opportunities and excellent working environment.
Cons
Overtime was constantly required. Usually worked Mon-Fri ten hours a day and half days on Saturdays
Great Company
Administrative Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2016
Great Company that promotes from within. Family oriented that truly believes in work-life balance. Very good at constructive feedback and providing quality definitive examples of how to improve perform to further your career. Great collaborating efforts between departments.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Need to develop middle management skills
Great learning experience and workout.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 24, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Pepsi the management was great when I worked there and had really hardworking coworkers. In a typical day I would drive store to store stocking shelves and rotating our product. It was a fun work environment but definitely a physically exhausting job at times. The hardest part was probable when we would have a 10/$10 sale on 2 liters while also having a buy 3 get 3 free sale at the same time. I have learned so many good work skills and time management skills while working for Pepsi. My favorite part of the job that I enjoyed the most was interacting with other merchandisers and customers.
Pros
Keeps you in shape, good management, good hourly pay, gas compensation
Cons
Physically exhausting, work weekends and holidays.
Hard Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2016
Clock- in. Pick a Pallet Jack Forklift. Grab List of Merchandise to be organized.

How to Stack Sodas In a timely manner on the pallets.

Management: 2 of 5 Stars.. Didn't Really get a chance to talk to them most of the time.

Co- Workers: 2 of 5 Stars. No Chemistry.

Hardest Part of the Job: Long Hours.

Enjoyable Part of the Job: Pay, Benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
Long hours, but Great benefits
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 9, 2015
Pepsi is a great company to work for. They are very invested in their employees and thus provide great health and retirement benefits. Employees are normally very competitive and dedicated to their work, often making the work week far over the normal 40 hours. Compensation does not reflect this overtime, though, which is a significant downside. Advancement is very possible because management is constantly looking for ways to develop their employees and reward them for their hard work and long hours. Breaking out of the sales realm seems difficult without a graduate degree.
Pros
Rapid advancement, healthcare, 401k, supportive management
Cons
long hours, work-life balance, number driven
Good company with some opportunities for better employee relations.
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
The days were spent with client accounts and working to provide them with a way to better their business and income.

I learned how to negotiate and sustain contracts.

Some management had started at the bottom and knew what it took on a daily basis for us, then there were others that never left their offices to see what was really going on in the market and how their decisions locally affected clients.

The employees were like any other large company, a variety of all sorts. The majority were hard working and team oriented people that just wanted to work hard to further their careers.

The hardest part of the job was having to follow orders even if it was not the most beneficial for the customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to grow in my career and to meet some amazing people along the way.
Pros
fun holiday parties
Cons
Experience depends greatly on your manager
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2016
The marketing organization is constantly in flux due to two factors: 1. The company's rapid rotation policy (a net positive) and 2. A fast-moving, Type-A culture which can be great if you fit a very specific (read uptight) mold known as Pepsi Pretty, but which also has a tendency to burn out people; creating high employee churn.
Pros
Get to work with great brands
Cons
A lot of high-achieving individual contributors with no business managing people, No matching 401K contributions until you've been with the company for 3 years.
Great Company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 16, 2016
I worked there as a paid intern for six months and it was a great experience. Management and my coworkers were supportive and understanding. There was a steep learning curve to the position as I did not have any experience in Credit analysis beforehand and they did not provide much training. The job culture was the best part of the job.
Pros
People
Cons
Little training
Zero Work Life Balance!
Packaging Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 9, 2015
They hire young managers out of college to brain wash them into believing that working 12 hour days plus weekends and most major and minor holidays is what you have to do in order to support yourself in the real world. Everyone was quick to tell you what you did wrong but never said thank you for going above and beyond your job expectations. There was also a huge mistrust between management and the front line employees which created a negative and pessimistic environment to work in. I would not recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
looks good on resume
Cons
no work life balance, terrible work culture, no transparency with upper management
Busy Structured Atmosphere
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2016
Great place to work for if you enjoy long hours and time away from home. Management is willing to teach all you want to learn if you is willing to learn so you can be more valuable to company. You can move up, company does have a program that offers training to become a supervisor/Team Leader.
Pros
Clean
Cons
There is always cons at any work place.
Dedicated a lot of time and effort into role
Unit Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  midwestApril 4, 2016
Didn't allow for a good work life balance. Worked most holidays because accounts were open. Great local team, poor market level management and HR was not supportive. Successful on the local level but not recognized at the higher level.
Pros
Great local management and team
Cons
poor work life balance
May pay more but not worth it
Product Availability Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2016
Overall, based on the market, Pepsi jobs usually pay more than others. But, it isn't worth it. The only holidays that I had off were Thanksgiving and Christmas, and some roles required people to work these, making sure that the stores had product in them. The company works people like dogs - our warehouse team regularly worked case pickers 16+ hours a day during the summer. Supposedly it has changed now, but that was the daily expectation during my time there. Work life balance doesn't exist with this company.

Focus was on campus recruits, who usually come, work one year to get the resume boost and hiring bonus, then move on to other companies. Campus recruits don't stay long.
Cons
No work life balance. Don't expect to ever have a holiday off.
Good experience Gained
Warehouseman/Certifier/Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 4, 2016
Pepsi seems to have a good idea about work/life balance. Compensation is fair and in some cases more than fair. The facility i worked at seemed like family. Good way for a entry level employee to start and learn the business.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
must be willing to relocate to advance. slow advancement
Nice place to work at, family owned and operated
Receptionist/Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Holden, MAFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day as a receptionist can be very busy between answering and directing calls to entering data into the database. There were many aspects to this job. Customer service was very important and I liked speaking with the customers.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, team support during very busy times, health care was 100% at the time
Cons
pay raise was not much
Good pay but wouldn't recommend Pepsi
builder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2016
I don't know about any other location but the Tulsa location is terrible. Want a life outside of work? Won't get that here! Want management that listens to your needs? Won't find that here either! Want to move up in a company? Nope. Want job security? Just another thing that your not goin to find at the Tulsa location. Ever since I started there I felt like they had it out for me. Talked to a few coworkers about how I felt and they said the same thing. They moved me to nights because 6 people walked out and a few got fired. I now understand why they walked out. All the management cares about is how high your cph (cases per hour) is. You have 3 months to get to 192 cph. I was there 2 months. They let me go because I wasn't where I needed to be with my cph, I spent a few days in the hospital, and because I kept asking to move to fleet to be a mechanic for Pepsi since I couldn't get my numbers where they needed to be and I'm a certified diesel mechanic in the national guard I knew I would be a better fit as a mechanic. But since my numbers weren't where they needed to be and fleet pays more they said I can't move up in the company and to quit asking.
Pros
Cheap Pepsi products
Cons
Working for pepsi
Long days
Small Format Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHJanuary 28, 2016
No work life balance, expectations are to stay until the job is done., Very hard to advance unless your a new college grad. Good benefits but your just a number in a large company,
Pros
Good pay, but not worth the hours
Cons
no advancement
Bottom line is the most important goal
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2016
The work is not very satisfing in any way. You will have job security as long as you perform your duties properly. The benefits are adequate .
Pros
UNIFORMS FREE WORK SHOES BENEFITS
Cons
LONG HOURS LABOR INSTESIVE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.