PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 3,333 reviews matching the search
Great Company Culture
Manufacturing Associate, Supply Chain Leader (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INJanuary 9, 2017
The best part about working for PepsiCo is its culture. The people are accepting and work hard to grow their culture as a global company.
The hardest part about working as a Manufacturing manager was the work-life balance. The factory goes on 24/7, so it is up to the individual manager to define when they end their work day. You will work overtime, weekends, and holidays; not only as a new employee in the company, but even more so as a senior-level employee. Most of the time, there is no work from home option. Sometimes, you are on call. As a salaried employee, the compensation may not be enough for the amount of work asked of you. The company is working toward eliminating more and more holidays and replacing them with floating holidays.
Also, office politics can ruin your career and opportunities, as most of the smaller plants rely on gossip to promote people more so than seniority or accomplishments.
Pros
Cons
Work-Life Balance
always thought it was a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJDecember 19, 2016
I always thought it was a great place to work...loved the people, loved my job...been there for 30 some years...until I trained for a management position and questioned someones time card..found my self fired for "excessive mistakes"....really? in all my 30 some years never being written up or had a bad performance...and now I have excessive mistakes..could I have stumbled onto something I wasn't supposed to?
That's when I realized that all my loyalty to the company and giving my best, just meant NOTHING...I'm devastated that not one person had my back, not even my old supervisor who asked me to check into this persons time card...not one person...so very sad.
Pros
decent benefits, additional holidays off, Christmas bonus, flowers/fruit basket on your birthday
Cons
they don't take care of their long time employees...
Good money, Bad job
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 22, 2016
This job pays well, but not well enough for what you are asked to do on a daily basis. The work loads are not evenly split amongst the routes. Some people will have to give there whole life to the company to complete their day and other do next to nothing. The management doesn't fix problems for you and often times betrays your abilities to temporarily fix a problem. If you want to stay at this job as a career prepare for a lot of politicking and lying, If money isn't everything to you and you want to have a job you love to show up to this isn't the job for you. No one I know actually likes the job they just like the pay.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Terrible hours, Bad management, and no advancement
Typically secure
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 14, 2017
More meetings then development work. Tends to merge new 'cool ideas' with old work structures causing confusion (Agile + Waterfall, etc.)
Hard to get focus in a particular technical field. Have to go to/learn what is needed for a particular project. Have to make case for formal training outside the limited on-line 'courses' they offer which are typically too basic for experienced developers.

Co-workers typically good people but over-worked so stressed. They will help when they can, but it may take a few attempts to get focus.

Generally secure but I've seen lot's of good people let go when it upper management decides to change course. Happens about 2 to 3 years.
Pros
Pay check never bounced, reasonably good benefits.
Cons
Hires contractors for new tech instead of training their existing proven workers.
Not what it used to be.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 2, 2016
When I first started the job was amazing. Over the past 15 years or so I've been promoted several times yet I still make what I was making back when I started.

You are expected to work long hours daily with no overtime pay, instead you receive vrot aka Vrape. You don't receive sick/personal days. You do get 2 weeks vacation at first, then 3 weeks after 5 years and then finally 4 weeks after 10 years of employment.

The turnover rate is very high due to poor management and a hr department that only looks out for themselves. We are constantly told if you don't like anything about the job there's the door. We are forced to take phone calls and answer emails when we are not even on the clock. Expect 10 to 12 hour days of heavy lifting and pulling.

I've been told that other facilities are not as bad as it is here in Detroit, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt if applying at any other plant. I do work with some hard working, caring people who only want to see the company successful, yet management only wants to pat themselves on the back and take credit for all the hardwork us front line employees do.
Pros
401k match, weekly paycheck
Cons
No job advancement, low moral, back breaking work
Meeting are always enthusiastic, daily you are brushed aside
Sales Zone Assistant Admin (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Each day you will focus on your performance, all your efforts are ignored until they are desperately trying to locate someone to engage a customer that another management employee has already upset. Instead of receiving praise for a job well done you get I knew you could handle it. Which really is translated into better you deal with it than I.
Pros
Pay Scale
Cons
Atmosphere not with customers you are serving but instead within the organization
Stressfull, demanding, bottom of barrel position
Account Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 8, 2017
There is little to no advancement opportunity at current location unless you are the favorite of those in charge. More work is placed upon us each year without increased composition. Multiple employees do not perform their jobs properly and still keep their positions. The rate of pay is great and the benefits are wonderful, but the demands are stressful, without thanks or true appreciation.
Pros
high rate of pay and good benefits
Cons
thankless work, just another body filling a position
Maintenance Personnel....Don't do it
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 11, 2016
Worked at the plant in Columbia, MD
Very, very unorganized. They work the operators like slaves. Not a climate controlled building and the modules that hold the product to be shipped is very dirty and dark. Equipment is constantly failing because there is no time for proper PM's and inspections to be completed. You're pretty much a firefighter mechanic. It is a unionized plant and the benefits aren't anything to get excited about. You have to work 80 hours before you're are eligible for any of them. Don't get sick
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Non-climate controlled building, Plant is dirty, Poor benefits
Only thing going for this Co. Is the benifits!!!
Warehouse Team Lead/Certifier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!! Stay away...Management doesn't have a clue! They stay in there cozy little offices while the pickers are braving all sorts of weather elements, safety issues, lack of leadership, as well as being understaffed the whole time I was there(5 yrs)...The loaders were ALWAYS there 16+ hours whether it was peak season or not!! HR was a non factor, they NEVER!! Showed any type of support for the employees...the Pepsico logo is very misleading to a person that wants to work for a fortune 500 Co. They are ran like a mom and pop organization literally!! Its kinda sad how my warehouse was being managed. We went thru several PAMs, and plant managers since I've been there...I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this company go under or at least closing up several plants/warehouses around the country!! This place is a horrible place to work!!! Please I'm not just a disgruntled employee, do your research and I guarantee you'll have second thoughts!! Great benefits are the only pros at this company!!!
Pros
Great benifits...and the pay was OK also
Cons
16 hour days and no life outside of PEPSI at all..
Productive and a good job, horrible management team.
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 14, 2016
I worked here for two and a half years, they want so much out of you but are not willing to help when you ask for it. Again, good job, bad management. Keep your head down, don't talk to anyone and don't do your job like you think you should, cut corners and your be just fine.
Pros
Good benefits, great to to outside and not have a boss looking over your shoulder.
Cons
They work you to death, dare you to complain, the boss that is there to him all employees are all mechanical problems that can be replaced.
Great Job if you want to work 24/7
Route sales (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 14, 2016
Work is never over when you clock out. My typical day is normally 12 hours if I am lucky. You take the job home and when you're swamped management is nowhere to help you. Management is quick to find your faults but never praise you when you do something well. If you have a family, forget it, you will be too tired and occupied with work. For a company that makes billions in profits our benefits is subpar and the pay is decent. Pay will change year to year so expect paycuts.
Pepsico
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Great opportunity to work for a large established company and manager global executive benefits. Create a website with content that was user friendly for employees to access and make financial decisions with. I learned a lot about this program and how it operates with a global company. Co workers were wonderful and smart. Always a learning opportunity.
Pros
Great learning environment.
Cons
A lot of face time required for advancement.
Poor organization and flawed management
Beverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 12, 2016
Communication is dismal from top to bottom. Management doesn't hold the proper people accountable. Upper management lacks professionalism when discussing constructive criticism. People at the bottom of the hierarchy are treated very poorly and aren't shown enough support from management. Frustrating work environment and the lack of compensation makes it all the more unsatisfying.
Pros
Flexible, work at your own pace
Cons
Compensation, management support, communication, and organization
Slave Drivers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 4, 2016
Pepsi is by far the worst place I have worked at. They are completely unorganized. Also they work you 11-16 hours every day. Including 1 whole day overtime.Promised me a $2 raise once I was full time. That is a lie. My raise is on hold for the union for 1 year. Wrong on so many levels. Unrealistic CPH count and favoritism. Working like a donkey for low pay. At least before I was working my butt off for that raise. Now I'm looking for another job, I refuse to work for such low pay, I have zero life because I am always at work.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no life, long hours, low pay
Great Company to work for.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Was an Administrative Assistant to the General Manager and the Miami Plant. Learned to make presentations for the Company's General Manager and Account Managers. Great people to work for office was fun and co-worker got along really well. Hardest part of the job for me was to be in front of the computer all day. Was a little boring and repetative. Great benefits and I really enjoyed to Presentation at the Company.
Pros
Alot of office work.
Cons
Very good benefits.
Fast Pace and Stressful
Market Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJuly 1, 2016
I enjoyed managing Technicians. There was a daily challenge of both micro & macro managing the team. There always was never enough hours in a day to get all the work done. A person in this role must be very structured and organized. There is a lot of customer/contractor interaction. I enjoyed that part. Overall Management and HR are very supportive. This job presents the challenge of having a healthy work/life balance. You must learn to utilize all your resources and stay by the book on processes and procedures.
Pros
Family-oriented workplace, awesome incentives, great benefits & great pay
Cons
Being On-call, Not the best training, long hours
Pepsico
Checker (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 15, 2017
Good money and good benefits. I work hard and give this Company my heart and soul and at times that get over looked. This Company is a good Company to work for at times and at times management doesn't have your back but if you are willing to move around you can see the world with this company. I love my job and I'm good at what I do
Lack of compassion
Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 21, 2016
As a merchandiser you're required to meet with management at every account you visit and anyone who has ever done this job will tell you that occasionally you come across the manager that has a power trip or is just a completely rude person. Well aftrr 4 years of dedicated service i was terminated without hesitation for simply asking a manager where he wanted me to move pallets to. No exaggeration no attitude just a legitimate question. Said manager felt it was necessary request me out of the store. So despite never having a write up for 4 years!!! I was terminated for asking a simple question because said manager apparently wanted to make someones day bad. Sad part is my "supervisors" did nothing to take up for a loyal employee and a single parent who's child is soley dependent of me. So if you dont like the fact that your job is in the hands of another that you dont even work for i advise you to seriously consider another opportunity.
Pros
Benefits and 401k
Cons
Rude and inconsiderate of employees
No growth
Route Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
First you work in an office with 70 others. You have to schedule all vacation a year in advance by seniority so don't plan on getting Christmas or thanksgiving off. No flexibility for taking time off. No advancement. Plan on working holidays when regular offices take them off. No support or help from management or push back to locations. Better off applying for plant position where movement is greater.
Benefits
Cons
See above
good company
DISTRICT SALES LEADER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2016
Good company, good culture. excellent frito lay product portfolio.
long work hours, work hard, play hard.
stable company with option to grow and succeed
Continue to be market leader and offer opportunities to many areas of skills and service.
Typical work day are long hours
learned about what it takes to succeed in fast pace environment
great co-workers
hardest part of job is work-life balance
enjoyable part is decent compensation
Pros
solid company
Cons
long work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.