PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 3,427 reviews matching the search
Great Company Culture
Manufacturing Associate, Supply Chain Leader (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INJanuary 9, 2017
The best part about working for PepsiCo is its culture. The people are accepting and work hard to grow their culture as a global company.
The hardest part about working as a Manufacturing manager was the work-life balance. The factory goes on 24/7, so it is up to the individual manager to define when they end their work day. You will work overtime, weekends, and holidays; not only as a new employee in the company, but even more so as a senior-level employee. Most of the time, there is no work from home option. Sometimes, you are on call. As a salaried employee, the compensation may not be enough for the amount of work asked of you. The company is working toward eliminating more and more holidays and replacing them with floating holidays.
Also, office politics can ruin your career and opportunities, as most of the smaller plants rely on gossip to promote people more so than seniority or accomplishments.
Pros
Cons
Work-Life Balance
always thought it was a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJDecember 19, 2016
I always thought it was a great place to work...loved the people, loved my job...been there for 30 some years...until I trained for a management position and questioned someones time card..found my self fired for "excessive mistakes"....really? in all my 30 some years never being written up or had a bad performance...and now I have excessive mistakes..could I have stumbled onto something I wasn't supposed to?
That's when I realized that all my loyalty to the company and giving my best, just meant NOTHING...I'm devastated that not one person had my back, not even my old supervisor who asked me to check into this persons time card...not one person...so very sad.
Pros
decent benefits, additional holidays off, Christmas bonus, flowers/fruit basket on your birthday
Cons
they don't take care of their long time employees...
requires hard work quick to wright ups without verifying
transport driver / merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTFebruary 11, 2017
After new supervisor took over. He has a policy of doing wright ups without verifying to get the truth and when proved wrong it doesn't matter. You get criticism by people who can't even do the job themselves. Customers are great but the office BS is really hard to handle. The insurance they have cost a pretty penny but doesn't cover much. If you need regular lab work you pay for it yourself. You will need to get use to working alone with no support or at least very little help. And pay raises are very slow in coming. Over all not that great of a place to work for.
Pros
Your customers are great to work for
Cons
no time for lunch, poor health care, can be long hours
Good money, Bad job
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 22, 2016
This job pays well, but not well enough for what you are asked to do on a daily basis. The work loads are not evenly split amongst the routes. Some people will have to give there whole life to the company to complete their day and other do next to nothing. The management doesn't fix problems for you and often times betrays your abilities to temporarily fix a problem. If you want to stay at this job as a career prepare for a lot of politicking and lying, If money isn't everything to you and you want to have a job you love to show up to this isn't the job for you. No one I know actually likes the job they just like the pay.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Terrible hours, Bad management, and no advancement
Not what it used to be.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 2, 2016
When I first started the job was amazing. Over the past 15 years or so I've been promoted several times yet I still make what I was making back when I started.

You are expected to work long hours daily with no overtime pay, instead you receive vrot aka Vrape. You don't receive sick/personal days. You do get 2 weeks vacation at first, then 3 weeks after 5 years and then finally 4 weeks after 10 years of employment.

The turnover rate is very high due to poor management and a hr department that only looks out for themselves. We are constantly told if you don't like anything about the job there's the door. We are forced to take phone calls and answer emails when we are not even on the clock. Expect 10 to 12 hour days of heavy lifting and pulling.

I've been told that other facilities are not as bad as it is here in Detroit, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt if applying at any other plant. I do work with some hard working, caring people who only want to see the company successful, yet management only wants to pat themselves on the back and take credit for all the hardwork us front line employees do.
Pros
401k match, weekly paycheck
Cons
No job advancement, low moral, back breaking work
Meeting are always enthusiastic, daily you are brushed aside
Sales Zone Assistant Admin (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Each day you will focus on your performance, all your efforts are ignored until they are desperately trying to locate someone to engage a customer that another management employee has already upset. Instead of receiving praise for a job well done you get I knew you could handle it. Which really is translated into better you deal with it than I.
Pros
Pay Scale
Cons
Atmosphere not with customers you are serving but instead within the organization
Good opportunities, good benefits
Sales Rep./Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Early morning hours, a lot of lifting, bending, moving, but I enjoyed this job. Pay is okay but there is room for advancement into sales which has a lot bigger salary. Management is really good, they really help you and are good to you if your a hard worker, cause problems and theyll be after you.
Pros
Hours, get off early, never have traffic, mgmt.
Cons
early morning, work weekends, holidays are a must.
Typically secure
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 14, 2017
More meetings then development work. Tends to merge new 'cool ideas' with old work structures causing confusion (Agile + Waterfall, etc.)
Hard to get focus in a particular technical field. Have to go to/learn what is needed for a particular project. Have to make case for formal training outside the limited on-line 'courses' they offer which are typically too basic for experienced developers.

Co-workers typically good people but over-worked so stressed. They will help when they can, but it may take a few attempts to get focus.

Generally secure but I've seen lot's of good people let go when it upper management decides to change course. Happens about 2 to 3 years.
Pros
Pay check never bounced, reasonably good benefits.
Cons
Hires contractors for new tech instead of training their existing proven workers.
It was interesting to see how products were made and marketed.
Administrative Representative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day at work included a variance of job duties. I learned that when working in fast-paced environments, team work is an added bonus and fosters growth.

Management created a diverse workforce that promoted a positive workplace culture for all employees.

The hardest part of the job was having additional tasks without adequate coverage for each task, yet making sure that each project was completed in a timely manner with accuracy and efficiency in order to get the customer what was needed.

Competing with other well-known beverage companies was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Getting an education as to how the business works
Cons
Challenges in getting coverage when needed
Good Pay but horrible work to life ballance
Bulk Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Management is understanding and try there best to make your work day move as smooth as possible. However the way the business is run it is hard for the newer employees due to layoffs which is not good for people with responsibilities.
Pros
Good Pay, good benefits
Cons
Work to life balance, no quota so employees that are in usually do not work hard
Not enough money for the work we do
Dbay Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 7, 2017
Typical day you have 14-16 stops and you have to unload the whole trailer with a hand cart. You have to fill coolers and shelves in all drug and dollar stores. Average pay is about $650-$700/week. Good work/life balance. Home every night and off on the weekends. Management is clueless as usual. Trucks are horrible. They have heat but no ac for the summer time. If you are a experienced CDL driver there are plenty other local jobs where the pay is better with less physical torture on your body.
Pros
Home every night, Off weekends
Cons
Pay and its only a matter of time before you'll need knee/hip/tommy john surgery
We always got tickets to several events.I loved my job and enjoyed going to work everyday no matter how tired I was.
Roundsman worked all over the facility. (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2017
I always loved work but had a chance to go to several events and meet famous people and also cook for them...always busy everyday,i learned alot about ordering and purchasing food in very large amounts and proper rotation. I received a promotion and worked as a sous chef. I really enjoyed all of my co-workers a funny bunch of people. The most difficult part of work was very long hours.
Pros
Always ate for free, excellent healthcare.
Cons
Location.
a challenging and fast paced enviroment
warehouse builder (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2017
4:30 pm to whenever work load was complete

the hardest part was the long hours picking product without knowing and exact quitting time

management was helpful but sometimes not fully aware of stress of the duties

the most enjoyable part was working with a solid based group of team members working to accomplish the tasks

i learned to not be so critical of my superiors without taking into consideration the level of difficulty they experience
Pros
events and paid holidays
Cons
short breaks for amount of work loads
Great Job if you want to work 24/7
Route sales (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 14, 2016
Work is never over when you clock out. My typical day is normally 12 hours if I am lucky. You take the job home and when you're swamped management is nowhere to help you. Management is quick to find your faults but never praise you when you do something well. If you have a family, forget it, you will be too tired and occupied with work. For a company that makes billions in profits our benefits is subpar and the pay is decent. Pay will change year to year so expect paycuts.
Pepsico
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Great opportunity to work for a large established company and manager global executive benefits. Create a website with content that was user friendly for employees to access and make financial decisions with. I learned a lot about this program and how it operates with a global company. Co workers were wonderful and smart. Always a learning opportunity.
Pros
Great learning environment.
Cons
A lot of face time required for advancement.
High volume delivery and merchandising
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2016
Very long hours (13 to 16 hours a day), high stress on body. Excellent management, behind employees 100%. Good benefits, but poor advancement opportunity.
poised and great bones for the company to make dynamic change... eventually....
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 19, 2016
Some great people, some old thinking in leadership positions. Not malicious, just need to be more comfortable with change and leading true change. This makes the current organization a little "Slow" in responding to the employees professional skills development and ability to grow.
Pros
employee work life balance, dynamic executive leaders
Cons
NO ENOUGH DYNAMIC CHANGE, lot of talk not enough actionable change
Stressfull, demanding, bottom of barrel position
Account Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 8, 2017
There is little to no advancement opportunity at current location unless you are the favorite of those in charge. More work is placed upon us each year without increased composition. Multiple employees do not perform their jobs properly and still keep their positions. The rate of pay is great and the benefits are wonderful, but the demands are stressful, without thanks or true appreciation.
Pros
high rate of pay and good benefits
Cons
thankless work, just another body filling a position
Good pay and benefits but no advancements
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 17, 2016
I have worked for pepsi for three years now. communication from management is awful, along with them not holding people accountable. Managers are nice but they play favorites. This was a union facility so no matter how hard you work you still have to have more seniority to get a job over a coworker. The turn over rate is super high therefore if you can stick out a few years you can switch jobs. The job itself isn't bad if you are willing to work hard. There isn't a shift so you work till the job is finished. I have worked many 70 and 80 hour weeks shorthanded. The management will let you get as much overtime as you want as long as job gets done which can be quite annoying if you don't want to spend your whole life at work. If you have a family you will not see them very often. Pay is great and insurance is pretty good.
Pros
Pay, Insurance
Cons
Work life balance, Management
Great Place, great people good company
Lead Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.