PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 3,518 reviews matching the search
Great machine operations
Blow Fill Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Check the number and communicate with previous shift to find out what problems they had all day. Ive learned to run the entire line on my own and what to look out for that can cause big problems. Management work well to keep things flowing well. When someone mixes the preforms and enter the wrong item in the system. Lots of opportunity for growth. Working with big machines
Pros
cool employees, air conditioned and fast pace
Cons
slow season no hours, machine difficulties
loyal...dependable..flexible..team player..great with all people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 1, 2017
Show to work on time ALL the time. Never involve work with my personal life. I see a lot of different negative things from fellow co workers on the job site. i learn to distance myself from the negativity an to aware manager's of it depending on how bad the situation is. I dont believe there is any thing hard about your job if you really dedicate yourself. The most enjoyable thing about the work place is team work an making sure keep guest or customer is satisfied.
Pros
standing long hows...meeting an greeting...hard laborer
Cons
N/A
To many work hours per-week with low base rate. Horrible management and support staff
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 6, 2017
Typical day and work was unclear and misdirected. I leaned fill station repair and support, but department had no formal training system in place nor any SOP procedure. The culture at work was stressful but manageable through co-worker team support. The hardest part of the job was lack of managerial support and direct as well as functioning guide and allowed time to properly maintenance equipment/PM. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a prominent product line, as well as the people that work on the frontlines of production.
Pros
The workers in operations and production
Cons
management!!
Exceptional company that recognize the value of their employees.
Sr. Manager Business Solution (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 2, 2017
My career at PepsiCo spanned 28 years. In that time, I was able to raise a family and advance through a career path that lead me from an Accounts Receivable / Customer Service Agent to Sr. Manager within a Global Information Technology Team.
The relationship with a Company like PepsiCo is reciprocal - invest in them and they will invest in you.
Pros
Human Sustainability
Cons
Expectations are high
Ok place to work to many college students in management position to young to have that much responsibility
Transport Driver/ bay route driver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 22, 2017
It was a very good place to work in the beginning but it took a turn for the worse because they started bringing in the kids from college making them management and they don't know how to handle the role they didn't have the skill set or knowledge of how to deal with adults they allowed the position go to their head I think they should be trained before putting them out there like that
Productive hard working environment
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Somers, NYMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at PepsiCo would entail being able to work independently and with others on client requests. Ultimately, success is reliant on ones ability to communicate with other employees to achieve a common goal.
The workplace culture is diverse including members from various backgrounds and skill sets. The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving the goals set out by management for the ultimate success of the company
Fun driving their Truck but job can be stressful
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 17, 2017
I like the fact that when you driving the truck your main responsibility is safety, you are not concerned with bosses or customers. There was much time being spent driving, sometimes in heavy traffic. The management seemed very stressful, deadlines had to be met superfast. I was very happy at the fact that the job paid well. I didn't consider it a career job for me because I am more of a happy and relaxed state type of worker. I did very much enjoy driving their tractor trailers.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Stressful management.
Great support, training and management
Small Format Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2017
My time spent with Pepsico was short, but I learned more from this job than I learned at any other job I've had. The involvment in the management team is what leads to this companies success. Management was there anytime I need support or help, whether it was my direct manager or another district manager.
Pros
great mentorship, good pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, but dedicate the time and you'll be on the right path!
Quality Control
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 18, 2017
Quality control plays a very important role in the day-to-day operations at Pepsico. As a Quality supervisor, I have to ensure that we produce a good quality product, in a safe manner while always adhering to company standards and following good manufacturing practices. While always working towards good quality product, as a quality control supervisor, we are always striving towards leaner and more efficient operations by being involve in lean six sigma project.
Supply chain department within Pepsi
Senior Route Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2017
Routing all delivery methods for Pepsi locations across the U.S. Easy job with intailing working with locations on how best to route all trucks in cost savings method, constant review of locations analytics via report and interrupting any opportunities for better efficiency. Office culture is good with people willing to step in and help each other.
Pros
Easy, decent pay
Cons
Work schedule very, work loads unbalanced
It was a place of great compensation and benefits but the moral was crushing it was so low.
Dbay Driver (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAFebruary 12, 2017
We would arrive early to trucks poorly kept.
the work days were long and hard with little in the way of a thank you for direct supervisors.
Many days we were give promises that weren't kept or led to believe that we would receive help but rarely were these promises were met.
Many co-workers felt overworked and felt no help from direct supervisors.
Hardest part of the job was getting mixed signals from management.
I really enjoyed my fellow team members and the team mindset of the group.
requires hard work quick to wright ups without verifying
transport driver / merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTFebruary 11, 2017
After new supervisor took over. He has a policy of doing wright ups without verifying to get the truth and when proved wrong it doesn't matter. You get criticism by people who can't even do the job themselves. Customers are great but the office BS is really hard to handle. The insurance they have cost a pretty penny but doesn't cover much. If you need regular lab work you pay for it yourself. You will need to get use to working alone with no support or at least very little help. And pay raises are very slow in coming. Over all not that great of a place to work for.
Pros
Your customers are great to work for
Cons
no time for lunch, poor health care, can be long hours
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 8, 2017
As Merchandiser at PepsiCo the management and communication was horrible.I was new to the team so i was and I had to keep calling the supervisor and ask when, where, and what time do I come to work. I had no idea how long I would be training. I had to go all the way to Indianapolis for orientation and the other half was in South Bend and they both had the same material. You thinking that with PepsiCo being major corporation that you wouldn't be track your own time on paper still. Only thing that was good it the start off pay.
Pros
Start off Pay
Cons
Management and Unpredictable
A general day at Pepsi
Certifier (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAFebruary 8, 2017
I start by taking items that are not in stock out of stock in the computer so that they can not be picked by the employees. I get everything set up so that I am prepared at 2pm when the shift starts. This includes getting all necessary items for the workers. After the shift has started I run the dock and make sure that pallets are being certified and that the work is being done properly and loaded correctly. I certify that all the trucks are loaded with the correct amount of pallets.
Pros
Healthcare, overtime eligible plus a regular salary rate.
Cons
Working with employees who do not want to work, but coaching them appropriately.
Pepsi is a productive and a good place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2017
I would get orders together in the warehouse.
I would go store to store to merchandise pepsi products and help customers find what they need.
I learned how to fill & build pop displays. The job was pretty easy.
I really like working for pepsi because i was able to move up in the company with-in a month or 2 working with them getting good pay and lots of overtime.
Pros
I was such a good hard worker my bosses brought me lunch from time to time
Cons
sometimes I had to work in back rooms where there was no walk way room at all.
Its a sustainable job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 19, 2017
There is a good few things to learn and take advantage of in experience. unfortunately there is a set pay with no raises. Its a decent pay to survive but not much to live. In the summer time you can be working 70 hours making money but then when winter comes it'll slow you down to 20 and you have to manage with what you have until it picks up. Just basically hard labor work.
Pros
opportunity to learn
Cons
hours bounce throughout season
a challenging and fast paced enviroment
warehouse builder (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2017
4:30 pm to whenever work load was complete

the hardest part was the long hours picking product without knowing and exact quitting time

management was helpful but sometimes not fully aware of stress of the duties

the most enjoyable part was working with a solid based group of team members working to accomplish the tasks

i learned to not be so critical of my superiors without taking into consideration the level of difficulty they experience
Pros
events and paid holidays
Cons
short breaks for amount of work loads
Production Support team and Vendors and ensured the SLAs are met, system is available to the end
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 21, 2017
Managing CVS ongoing support team consisting Business Analysts, Team Leads, Developers, Testers,

users all the time, on call support is available for attending any emergency issues.

 Working closely with technology teams and bringing the tracker at program level to resolve

dependencies Establishing trainings, workshops for teams both offshore and onshore and training

 Handled all releases in a timely manner by prioritizing tasks and highlighting risk appropriately.

 Defined build check out process by running a well-defined smoke suite in Dev/QA after every new

build.
We always got tickets to several events.I loved my job and enjoyed going to work everyday no matter how tired I was.
Roundsman worked all over the facility. (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2017
I always loved work but had a chance to go to several events and meet famous people and also cook for them...always busy everyday,i learned alot about ordering and purchasing food in very large amounts and proper rotation. I received a promotion and worked as a sous chef. I really enjoyed all of my co-workers a funny bunch of people. The most difficult part of work was very long hours.
Pros
Always ate for free, excellent healthcare.
Cons
Location.
Great Fortune 100 Company
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Well known Brands and talented staff. Management has progressive ideas regarding Brand positioning and impact on consumers. A typical day involves juggling multiple project assignments and holding team meetings to keep things moving. Co-workers are dedicated and conscientious about doing a good job. The most enjoyable part of the job is leading high performance teams know for their ability to use creative ideas to bring to market new products that consumers love.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.

82%