PepsiCo Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,049 reviews matching the search
stressful work hours No time for family or yourself
Merchandiser (Seasonal/Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 3, 2016
work day is from 6am-6pm.
Nothing to gain education from because your only stocking soda beverages.
Managment treats employees like worker bees, theres no sense of compassion for wokers and and over abundance of work hours.
Co-workers are friemdly sometime professional.
The hardest part of the job is the heavy intense manual labor.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the freedom to make your own work schedule while at work because you work alone.
Pros
great consistant pay
Cons
no off time, work environment is intense manual labor
good company
DISTRICT SALES LEADER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2016
Good company, good culture. excellent frito lay product portfolio.
long work hours, work hard, play hard.
stable company with option to grow and succeed
Continue to be market leader and offer opportunities to many areas of skills and service.
Typical work day are long hours
learned about what it takes to succeed in fast pace environment
great co-workers
hardest part of job is work-life balance
enjoyable part is decent compensation
Pros
solid company
Cons
long work hours
Training very poor
Swing Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 29, 2016
They have trainers that have been working there for 20+ years. It is like they have forgot how it is being the "new guy". Knowing what to do at each stop or the correct way of moving product...they act like you should just be able to come off the street and do it the pepsi way. Just two trainers for that location and they both do things different so if you are working with a other person and you are doing things the way that you were trained the week before and its not their way its like a crime in their eyes.
Pros
pay
Cons
training
Slave Drivers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 4, 2016
Pepsi is by far the worst place I have worked at. They are completely unorganized. Also they work you 11-16 hours every day. Including 1 whole day overtime.Promised me a $2 raise once I was full time. That is a lie. My raise is on hold for the union for 1 year. Wrong on so many levels. Unrealistic CPH count and favoritism. Working like a donkey for low pay. At least before I was working my butt off for that raise. Now I'm looking for another job, I refuse to work for such low pay, I have zero life because I am always at work.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no life, long hours, low pay
filling vending machines
helper (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 27, 2016
i drove around from machine to machine and filled them with soft drinks, food, hot or cold, typical work day included driving and working both inside and out side alot, in any weather condition. My coworkers were quite and helpful we all worked independently and at the end of the day you might be lucky to count money and deposit it into the bank drop box together. the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to work your own schedule and not have someone watching you constantly.
Pros
independence, 1 hr lunches, driving
Cons
driving, stress, productivity requirements, inspections
I worked there 38 years and retired. It was a good company to work for.
Maintenance Technician/Inventory control (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 27, 2016
I worked at Pepsi 38 years and it was a good company to work for. It was a hard job but rewarding. I learned a lot of job skills and how to work with a lot of different kinds of people. Due to the high turnover of management there, I had to learn to work with a lot of managers and supervisors over the years. The hardest part of my job was the high stress level. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
learning to work with all kinds of people
Cons
not many breaks, stress level
love working for this comapany good friendly people well rounded manaegment group always helpful
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 26, 2016
My work experience was very good. The job I learned so much management skills. I learned great customer service. I also learned the system of shipping and receiving. I learned how to make schedules and calendar events. I adjusted to the manager's Routine pretty quickly
Pros
I met a lot of people and vendors i learned to network with
Cons
short break and mangers barley ever got a chance to breath
Very busy work environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 22, 2016
Typical day at work would be coming into a store, and walking around observing product that's missing from the shelf and coolers and write down a count of things you will need. I developed strong communication skills throughout the past 2 years at this job. Management was fair most of the times. co- workers were pretty okay as well. The hardest part of the job was pleasing managers, some didn't really care for the merchandisers. The most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mandatory OT
Work environment fun, friendly, and enjoyable
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Norotn VAJuly 19, 2016
Fun place to work. Typical workday is easy-going, a lot of down time. Revamped this position to reduce repetitive work. Work/Home life balance is great. There is no issues with getting time off for family functions, doctors, or special events. Co-Workers are more like family, a lot of companies say they are family but here it is implemented and one of the company's core values.
Pros
Friendly work environment, friendly co-workers.
Cons
Too much down time in current position.
Productive and entertaining
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FL 33404July 15, 2016
It was not a stressful and strained experience. I worked in the Packing/ Restocking department in the back of the warehouse and it could get abit awkward as far as the communication among employees go but it is quickly eased with the aid of the radio. The shift manager for that department was very easygoing and was very efficient in making our day easy by scheduling our duties throughout the day
Pros
2-3 breaks a shift
Cons
Low pay
Terible place for desperate people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 11, 2016
Pepsi is cut throat and brutal. people throw each other under the bus every day to stay out of trouble. Lies from coworkers and management are the norm.

The pay for entry level labor is okay but not worth the stress and in the stores employees swear at and yell at you constantly. They get away with it because you are a guest and if you don't like it you can be banned, so if you are banned you lose your job.

If you don't like being called names that sound like itch and maggot don't apply here. Also management has been know to blackmail people.
Pros
Okay pay for unskilled labor.
Cons
Horrible culture.
life at pepsi
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 7, 2016
Load pallets as quick and effective as possible,
coworkers are awesome with alike goals while management tends to struggle with completing the daily task. I dislike the lack of structure within the work place, although i try to improve the job based on positive work ethics. I enjoy the co workers in the work place i love to be able to joke and smile with great people
Pros
co-workers, and paychecks
Cons
management, inconsistent hours
Heavy,repetitive lifting.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 30, 2016
Very labor intensive.pepsi is a great company to work for,but for a merchandiser position is not for everyone.the pay is mediocre for all the work this job entails. Coworkers do their jobs different and when being trained that can make your job difficult when learning the position.if you like working on your own it's a great job..but just be prepared for heaving,constant lifting.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Heavy lifting
Working long hours
Bay delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2016
This company is a good place to work, BUT, you are just a number. Here in Las Vegas, the turn over rate is unbelievable, you never know its your turn. During your first 90 WORKING day probation, you will worked liked a dog, expected to work through all your breaks to make their 50 case an hr. The faster you are the more you're liked, and the more you get away with. For 21 dollars an hr, this is slave labor and way under paid for what you do
Pros
Benefits, retirement
Cons
No 15 min breaks, management
Fast Pace and Stressful
Market Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJuly 1, 2016
I enjoyed managing Technicians. There was a daily challenge of both micro & macro managing the team. There always was never enough hours in a day to get all the work done. A person in this role must be very structured and organized. There is a lot of customer/contractor interaction. I enjoyed that part. Overall Management and HR are very supportive. This job presents the challenge of having a healthy work/life balance. You must learn to utilize all your resources and stay by the book on processes and procedures.
Pros
Family-oriented workplace, awesome incentives, great benefits & great pay
Cons
Being On-call, Not the best training, long hours
Committed to people safety and product quality
Senior Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAAugust 16, 2016
Dynamic and fast paced environment
Respect, value of individuality and diversity
Energy and personal growth oriented management style
Fantastic co-workers
Keeping up with changes could be challenging at times
Interacting with team members is an enjoyable experience
Pros
Motivation and empowerment through reward and recognition program
Cons
Life work balance
Great company, international possibilities
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 23, 2016
Great workplace, can get a bit lonely if you use to working alongside coworkers. Great pay and learn self management.

Typical work day starts by checking emails, logging into your handheld and reviewing your stops. Driving to your accounts, pulling up product or receiving order and merchandising product into store. When all your tasks are done your work day is complete. Very easy !!!
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
Sometimes mangement is far and in between
This company is garbage!!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 25, 2016
If you have a life run from this place!! Long hours for very little money and for all the health problems that will come your way. Management team is a complete joke only answer they can give to anything is it is what it is. There is the buddy system in place for promotions if your in the inner circle of buddy's. This company is a dead end job basically if you value your family life stay away!!!
Pros
The hopes of finding a new job.
Cons
I still work at this hole.
Great place to work especially if you know how to suck up to management.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 6, 2016
Management will tell you any and everything to get you to do what they want to fill their large egos. They think because they have their names on a door that they know everything. They lie to get drivers out of the gates over weight or over hours. The safety of the drivers come second to their numbers (bonuses.)
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Managements lack of dot laws and egos.
N/a
Warehouse Product Distributor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2016
Responsible for general duties involving physical handling of product, materials, supplies and equipment. Maintain orderly and clean work area in compliance with Company safety and sanitation requirements. Operate industrial power equipment and restock/replenish product, as required. Build product orders for truck deliveries, as needed. Perform general maintenance duties with periodic bending, kneeling, lifting of 50+ pounds.