PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 3,341 reviews matching the search
Great Company to work for.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Was an Administrative Assistant to the General Manager and the Miami Plant. Learned to make presentations for the Company's General Manager and Account Managers. Great people to work for office was fun and co-worker got along really well. Hardest part of the job for me was to be in front of the computer all day. Was a little boring and repetative. Great benefits and I really enjoyed to Presentation at the Company.
Pros
Alot of office work.
Cons
Very good benefits.
Not enough money for the work we do
Dbay Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 7, 2017
Typical day you have 14-16 stops and you have to unload the whole trailer with a hand cart. You have to fill coolers and shelves in all drug and dollar stores. Average pay is about $650-$700/week. Good work/life balance. Home every night and off on the weekends. Management is clueless as usual. Trucks are horrible. They have heat but no ac for the summer time. If you are a experienced CDL driver there are plenty other local jobs where the pay is better with less physical torture on your body.
Pros
Home every night, Off weekends
Cons
Pay and its only a matter of time before you'll need knee/hip/tommy john surgery
We always got tickets to several events.I loved my job and enjoyed going to work everyday no matter how tired I was.
Roundsman worked all over the facility. (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2017
I always loved work but had a chance to go to several events and meet famous people and also cook for them...always busy everyday,i learned alot about ordering and purchasing food in very large amounts and proper rotation. I received a promotion and worked as a sous chef. I really enjoyed all of my co-workers a funny bunch of people. The most difficult part of work was very long hours.
Pros
Always ate for free, excellent healthcare.
Cons
Location.
poised and great bones for the company to make dynamic change... eventually....
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 19, 2016
Some great people, some old thinking in leadership positions. Not malicious, just need to be more comfortable with change and leading true change. This makes the current organization a little "Slow" in responding to the employees professional skills development and ability to grow.
Pros
employee work life balance, dynamic executive leaders
Cons
NO ENOUGH DYNAMIC CHANGE, lot of talk not enough actionable change
Interesting place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 5, 2017
My time at PepsiCo was pretty fun and interesting.
As a merchandiser I was able to meet so many different interesting people. The job also required me to drive from store to store which was nice. It allowed me to see different management styles at different stores, and it gave me the opportunity to compare and contrast how effectively stores were able to market and sell Pepsi products.
Overall, my time with this company was a positive one.
Pros
paid miles driven
Cons
micro management
Its an okay job if you have no life
Secondary Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Toledo,OhDecember 19, 2016
starting off you make a decent living if you have no kids, and no responsibilities. One week vacation.
The job isn't hard but time consuming and very demanding.
You work for a day off literally.
Pepsi puts out a schedule and if the schedule isn't done by friday then be prepared to work you your weekend away. its more money but when you're working all the time you kind of want a break.

The only incentives they give out to employees for a job well done if Pepsi gear and food. Don't expect any bonuses.

They operate on a point system so dont miss too much work or you're gone.

They don't really care if you're sick.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Break, No days off
Delivering snacks to the masses
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 2, 2017
On a typical day, I set up displays at 3 retailers of merchandise sold by PepsiCo. I learned how a properly set up display influences the purchase of the product and how to foster the relationship with the retailer and PepsiCo. The management provides the tools you need to perform your duties. The hardest part of this job was determining the best time to go into the retailers to set up the displays. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to work independently.
A typical day in the office as a Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Depending on the week we are in, a typical day in the office would consist of answering emails, preparing for forecast meetings, pulling actuals, setting up shopping carts, processing invoices, accruals and cross charge needed. Analyzing the data pulled each period helps me find the forecast misses so we can plan for the next period. I enjoy my job and what I do analyzing numbers and talking to project managers on a daily basis. Customer Service is something I totally believe in and I like to provide the best service just as I would expect in return.
Pros
Holiday hours, work from home, flex time, vacation
Cons
healthcare
Solid company that knows what they`re doing. I was treated well.No real complaints.
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 6, 2017
I started my day at 4:45. I delivered our product by hand to various stores and businesses locally.It was very physical work. I usually worked between 9 and 10 hrs. a day. I liked my managers. I loved my co-workers.We all got along very well.The physical nature of the job was the hardest part. My customers and friends at work were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
I could start anytime before 6:30 AM, decent health care, vacation time, free coffee and cheap Pepsi
Cons
No time for lunch.The work load was overwhelming sometimes.
Meeting are always enthusiastic, daily you are brushed aside
Sales Zone Assistant Admin (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Each day you will focus on your performance, all your efforts are ignored until they are desperately trying to locate someone to engage a customer that another management employee has already upset. Instead of receiving praise for a job well done you get I knew you could handle it. Which really is translated into better you deal with it than I.
Pros
Pay Scale
Cons
Atmosphere not with customers you are serving but instead within the organization
Stressfull, demanding, bottom of barrel position
Account Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 8, 2017
There is little to no advancement opportunity at current location unless you are the favorite of those in charge. More work is placed upon us each year without increased composition. Multiple employees do not perform their jobs properly and still keep their positions. The rate of pay is great and the benefits are wonderful, but the demands are stressful, without thanks or true appreciation.
Pros
high rate of pay and good benefits
Cons
thankless work, just another body filling a position
Great Fortune 100 Company
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Well known Brands and talented staff. Management has progressive ideas regarding Brand positioning and impact on consumers. A typical day involves juggling multiple project assignments and holding team meetings to keep things moving. Co-workers are dedicated and conscientious about doing a good job. The most enjoyable part of the job is leading high performance teams know for their ability to use creative ideas to bring to market new products that consumers love.
Revenue-Focused ~ Relationship-Building ~ Marketing Campaigns
Territory Sales Manager (New Business) (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 19, 2016
• Developed leads and maintained a viable network of business contacts and prospective clients to consistently meet assigned sales quotas.
• Marketed Pepsi’s secondary school program with local K-12 schools and local universities.
• Recommend and executed promotional marketing campaigns to create brand awareness to support national account execution.
• Established business relationships with prospective clients to facilitate national customer programs on a local level.
• Recognized as the number one New Business Sales Representative in the Chesapeake Market Unit in 1999, 2000, 2001; ranked in the top five percentile for 2002.
Great company, but needs improvements
GC Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
This company is a wonderful place to work, but there is a definite "corporate culture" vibe. Advancement is tough depending on the department in which you work and there isn't an overwhelming sense of camaraderie between colleagues in differing departments.

I've been fortunate to travel all over the world [domestically and internationally] and work on some of Pepsi's biggest campaigns, which has been very rewarding.
had alot of fun and alot of work and alot of growth
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Oh gosh! I had a blast..... management was great allways supportive and willing to assist even took calls.
I still have pepsi things we were given throughout my tenure then.
Thoroughly enjoyed the public service as well.
I grew and advanced in my position surprised myself.
Management took pride in rewarding employees who went above and beyond.
Pros
fun and productive
Cons
downsizing
Manager not breathing over your shoulder every move.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2016
Early morning hours. Usually 5 AM-2 PM depending on if stores have soda on sale. Traveling a bit puts ware and tare on your vehicle rather quickly. No time and a half on holidays for part time employees.
Pros
Company iPhone to use as your personal line, gas reimbursement, free soda every now and then, awesome uninform shirts
Cons
Takes forever to get full time position, union, could be higher wage for part time workers.
Good money, Bad job
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 22, 2016
This job pays well, but not well enough for what you are asked to do on a daily basis. The work loads are not evenly split amongst the routes. Some people will have to give there whole life to the company to complete their day and other do next to nothing. The management doesn't fix problems for you and often times betrays your abilities to temporarily fix a problem. If you want to stay at this job as a career prepare for a lot of politicking and lying, If money isn't everything to you and you want to have a job you love to show up to this isn't the job for you. No one I know actually likes the job they just like the pay.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Terrible hours, Bad management, and no advancement
No work-life balance
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Would be a fun job, making control drinks of different flavors of soda, but there is no work life balance with this company's particular location. Working 60-70 hours a week because there is a hiring freeze and they refuse to get more help in the door.
Pros
Free soda all day while you are working, free soda at holidays
Cons
short breaks, no regular schedule, no work life balance, management needs to work on communication
Steady fast pace workplace with great people
Merchandiser (full time) (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 2, 2017
Average work day start around 5am. Go to the Pepsi plant grab your truck keys , head to you first store. Usually takes about 3 hours to work a store. You have your main soda isle, coolers, tea/coffee section and water. Rotate the products, write an order for the next two days , condense as much as possible, then head to your next store
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication amongst groups
stressful place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 13, 2016
I drive store to store as given to me every morning on my work phone . Managers can add stores for you to merch.which can be a con for me. i don't have a set schedule.Management calls you on your days off/vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job is not working under supervision.
Pros
log in and out for start of shift, lunch, and end shift with work phone.
Cons
Managers consistently contact you even if your clocked out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.