PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 3,231 reviews matching the search
Good money, Bad job
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 22, 2016
This job pays well, but not well enough for what you are asked to do on a daily basis. The work loads are not evenly split amongst the routes. Some people will have to give there whole life to the company to complete their day and other do next to nothing. The management doesn't fix problems for you and often times betrays your abilities to temporarily fix a problem. If you want to stay at this job as a career prepare for a lot of politicking and lying, If money isn't everything to you and you want to have a job you love to show up to this isn't the job for you. No one I know actually likes the job they just like the pay.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Terrible hours, Bad management, and no advancement
Not what it used to be.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 2, 2016
When I first started the job was amazing. Over the past 15 years or so I've been promoted several times yet I still make what I was making back when I started.

You are expected to work long hours daily with no overtime pay, instead you receive vrot aka Vrape. You don't receive sick/personal days. You do get 2 weeks vacation at first, then 3 weeks after 5 years and then finally 4 weeks after 10 years of employment.

The turnover rate is very high due to poor management and a hr department that only looks out for themselves. We are constantly told if you don't like anything about the job there's the door. We are forced to take phone calls and answer emails when we are not even on the clock. Expect 10 to 12 hour days of heavy lifting and pulling.

I've been told that other facilities are not as bad as it is here in Detroit, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt if applying at any other plant. I do work with some hard working, caring people who only want to see the company successful, yet management only wants to pat themselves on the back and take credit for all the hardwork us front line employees do.
Pros
401k match, weekly paycheck
Cons
No job advancement, low moral, back breaking work
Fast Pace and Stressful
Market Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJuly 1, 2016
I enjoyed managing Technicians. There was a daily challenge of both micro & macro managing the team. There always was never enough hours in a day to get all the work done. A person in this role must be very structured and organized. There is a lot of customer/contractor interaction. I enjoyed that part. Overall Management and HR are very supportive. This job presents the challenge of having a healthy work/life balance. You must learn to utilize all your resources and stay by the book on processes and procedures.
Pros
Family-oriented workplace, awesome incentives, great benefits & great pay
Cons
Being On-call, Not the best training, long hours
Slave Drivers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 4, 2016
Pepsi is by far the worst place I have worked at. They are completely unorganized. Also they work you 11-16 hours every day. Including 1 whole day overtime.Promised me a $2 raise once I was full time. That is a lie. My raise is on hold for the union for 1 year. Wrong on so many levels. Unrealistic CPH count and favoritism. Working like a donkey for low pay. At least before I was working my butt off for that raise. Now I'm looking for another job, I refuse to work for such low pay, I have zero life because I am always at work.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no life, long hours, low pay
Only thing going for this Co. Is the benifits!!!
Warehouse Team Lead/Certifier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!! Stay away...Management doesn't have a clue! They stay in there cozy little offices while the pickers are braving all sorts of weather elements, safety issues, lack of leadership, as well as being understaffed the whole time I was there(5 yrs)...The loaders were ALWAYS there 16+ hours whether it was peak season or not!! HR was a non factor, they NEVER!! Showed any type of support for the employees...the Pepsico logo is very misleading to a person that wants to work for a fortune 500 Co. They are ran like a mom and pop organization literally!! Its kinda sad how my warehouse was being managed. We went thru several PAMs, and plant managers since I've been there...I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this company go under or at least closing up several plants/warehouses around the country!! This place is a horrible place to work!!! Please I'm not just a disgruntled employee, do your research and I guarantee you'll have second thoughts!! Great benefits are the only pros at this company!!!
Pros
Great benifits...and the pay was OK also
Cons
16 hour days and no life outside of PEPSI at all..
Maintenance Personnel....Don't do it
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 11, 2016
Worked at the plant in Columbia, MD
Very, very unorganized. They work the operators like slaves. Not a climate controlled building and the modules that hold the product to be shipped is very dirty and dark. Equipment is constantly failing because there is no time for proper PM's and inspections to be completed. You're pretty much a firefighter mechanic. It is a unionized plant and the benefits aren't anything to get excited about. You have to work 80 hours before you're are eligible for any of them. Don't get sick
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Non-climate controlled building, Plant is dirty, Poor benefits
Great Job if you want to work 24/7
Route sales (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 14, 2016
Work is never over when you clock out. My typical day is normally 12 hours if I am lucky. You take the job home and when you're swamped management is nowhere to help you. Management is quick to find your faults but never praise you when you do something well. If you have a family, forget it, you will be too tired and occupied with work. For a company that makes billions in profits our benefits is subpar and the pay is decent. Pay will change year to year so expect paycuts.
Productive and a good job, horrible management team.
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 14, 2016
I worked here for two and a half years, they want so much out of you but are not willing to help when you ask for it. Again, good job, bad management. Keep your head down, don't talk to anyone and don't do your job like you think you should, cut corners and your be just fine.
Pros
Good benefits, great to to outside and not have a boss looking over your shoulder.
Cons
They work you to death, dare you to complain, the boss that is there to him all employees are all mechanical problems that can be replaced.
Poor organization and flawed management
Beverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 12, 2016
Communication is dismal from top to bottom. Management doesn't hold the proper people accountable. Upper management lacks professionalism when discussing constructive criticism. People at the bottom of the hierarchy are treated very poorly and aren't shown enough support from management. Frustrating work environment and the lack of compensation makes it all the more unsatisfying.
Pros
Flexible, work at your own pace
Cons
Compensation, management support, communication, and organization
Lack of compassion
Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 21, 2016
As a merchandiser you're required to meet with management at every account you visit and anyone who has ever done this job will tell you that occasionally you come across the manager that has a power trip or is just a completely rude person. Well aftrr 4 years of dedicated service i was terminated without hesitation for simply asking a manager where he wanted me to move pallets to. No exaggeration no attitude just a legitimate question. Said manager felt it was necessary request me out of the store. So despite never having a write up for 4 years!!! I was terminated for asking a simple question because said manager apparently wanted to make someones day bad. Sad part is my "supervisors" did nothing to take up for a loyal employee and a single parent who's child is soley dependent of me. So if you dont like the fact that your job is in the hands of another that you dont even work for i advise you to seriously consider another opportunity.
Pros
Benefits and 401k
Cons
Rude and inconsiderate of employees
Pepsico
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Great opportunity to work for a large established company and manager global executive benefits. Create a website with content that was user friendly for employees to access and make financial decisions with. I learned a lot about this program and how it operates with a global company. Co workers were wonderful and smart. Always a learning opportunity.
Pros
Great learning environment.
Cons
A lot of face time required for advancement.
good company
DISTRICT SALES LEADER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2016
Good company, good culture. excellent frito lay product portfolio.
long work hours, work hard, play hard.
stable company with option to grow and succeed
Continue to be market leader and offer opportunities to many areas of skills and service.
Typical work day are long hours
learned about what it takes to succeed in fast pace environment
great co-workers
hardest part of job is work-life balance
enjoyable part is decent compensation
Pros
solid company
Cons
long work hours
No growth
Route Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
First you work in an office with 70 others. You have to schedule all vacation a year in advance by seniority so don't plan on getting Christmas or thanksgiving off. No flexibility for taking time off. No advancement. Plan on working holidays when regular offices take them off. No support or help from management or push back to locations. Better off applying for plant position where movement is greater.
Benefits
Cons
See above
Hard work but rewording
Merchandser (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 21, 2016
A average day on the job you will work four stores three of which you will work two a peace in one day. At two or three of those stores you with have seven or more pallets to work and organize the store and back room with. Daring the time I have been with the company I have leaned that a lot of the products that are in grocery stores are brat in by out side company's. Most of the time in this job you work by you self and only see someone else if the day you are having evolves twenty or more pallets that you have to work. This at the same time depends on if your manager has people floating around in that area. I would say the hardest part about this job is all the over time it takes to get the job done right but at the same time you do bring home some pretty big paychecks so it goes hand and hand. the most enjoyable part about my job is I do not have to stay in one store all day long, and on certain time of the year the company holds employee appreciation events were you get feed or win a prize for free. Over all I would say that Pepsi is a very good place to work even though some days the job does appear to be very over whelming and hard.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
hard to move up in cretin locations
Great Office Presence and Great People to Work With
Sr. Lead Merchandiser Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2016
Days off depends on the role that you are in. There is always someone working at PepsiCo any given day and hour.

Hardest Part of the Job- There was little Work/Life balance in my role as a Manager because anyone can call you on your off day if there are any problems that occur.

Enjoyable Part - Regulated your own hours. Get to work outside the office. Meet different people. The company showed appreciation to their employees with Holiday giveaways and company events.

Management - My managers were awesome. Hard working people who cared about the people as much as they cared about the performance of the company.

What I learned - Time management, Team building and leading. Customer service. Employee Management
Pros
Health benefits, Salary, holiday gifts(T-shirts, free products)
Cons
Days worked, Work/Life balance
Horrible
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 3, 2016
This was the worst experience in my professional career and I have been a supervisor for over 25 years. I was treated with so much disrespect from other supervisors because I am a female. I have a supervisory position now that is the exact opposite and will retire with much much more benefits than I would have with this corporations.
Pros
Cons
long hours low pay
Great place to work hard to move up quickly
Public and Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 19, 2016
Great work environment. however, you have to be in a role for 18 months and can not move up more than 2 levels. Pay range for lower levels is not that great. However, the work-life balance in this company is great.
Pros
Great benefits and hours
Cons
hard to move up
Great Company, Thirty year career, Well Respected
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19154August 1, 2016
Great Company, Thirty year career, Well Respected. If your going for merchandiser position. It comes with hard labor and long hours, but the company will pay you time n half for anything over eight hours. Good money and benefits for you and the family
Pros
good money and benefits for you and the family
Cons
long hours, takes over your life
good company to work for with growth opportunity over time
Product Availability Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, INNovember 3, 2016
Typical plant environment with a major focus on house keeping, cleanliness, and safety over all. For a supervisory position, I believe the salary is not as competitive with similar roles elsewhere however growth possibilities are apparent.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
pay
Working long hours
Bay delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2016
This company is a good place to work, BUT, you are just a number. Here in Las Vegas, the turn over rate is unbelievable, you never know its your turn. During your first 90 WORKING day probation, you will worked liked a dog, expected to work through all your breaks to make their 50 case an hr. The faster you are the more you're liked, and the more you get away with. For 21 dollars an hr, this is slave labor and way under paid for what you do
Pros
Benefits, retirement
Cons
No 15 min breaks, management