PepsiCo Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,035 reviews matching the search
To much Micro management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2015
Working for a corporate company is always a challenge because of the amount of people involved that want to have control over situations. The company in general provides fair hours, fair pay, and good benefits. the hours however are hard hours. A lot of work that happens behind closed doors is work hard, NOT smart. being a merchandiser you have to many people that have control over what you do, and how you do it which can be frustrating at times. Merchandisers have to answer to their salesman who runs the route, the sales manager, the district sales manager, the merchandising manager, every last assisant manager in every store serviced, ever manager, every grocery manager ect. It is not the kind of environment in which some fit. Too many people in your ear at all times. Too many times you will see mabye 10 new guys hired, and within 2 weeks 9 will quit. It is a hard job, and although advancement is definatley there, it just becomes more stressfull the higher you work your up.
Pros
good pay, good benefits.
Cons
too much non efficient work hours.
Good
R&D Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Nice place to work, good culture, lots to learn if you're interested, lots of room for advancement, salary not very competitive
Supply Chain MEM Service Foreman (Current Employee) –  Toledo ohioFebruary 12, 2016
PepsiCo is a well organized company who takes care of there employees. The work days can be long but the pay is good and the benefits are worth it.
Would steer clear, revolving door, long hours, good pay and benefits.
Warehouse Loader (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2015
As a order picker you see alot of hours 10 to 14 hours a day. Tiny little 10 min breaks and a 30 min non paid lunch. Job its self is very physically demanding and repetative. The turn over rate is crazy, just simply said it is a revolving door. Not to mention the physical stress it will do to your body. Since I have worked there I have developed Planter fasciitis, carpal tunnle, tendonitis and back pain enough to take aspirin every day. People are always getting injured, I have yet to see past 20 days accident free. I don't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, helpful and nice co workers.
Cons
Revolving door, dirty environment, backbreaking work, long hours.
Repeatitive with benefits
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 5, 2016
Very fast paced, awesome co-workers who will always help, amazing benefits and great pay. Management needs to be investigated immediately.
Pros
Great pay, outstanding benefits
Cons
Decent Job to make a living
Route Delivery Sales (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 11, 2015
Fast paced job that involves delivering product to gas stations/supermarkets, dollar generals, etc. Typical day, you'll be delivering 300-400 cases, avg 10-12/hrs per day. Poor communication from mgmt, day in and day out is a mystery. Commission rate was recently cut in half. End result: Work harder for much less money
Pros
Fast paced, and freedom. No one watching over your shoulder
Cons
Poor management and compensation
Hard Work, Lots of Stress, Good Benefits
customer representative (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 10, 2015
I worked weekdays from 5am-5pm. The hardest part of the job was selling new products and convincing customers to try new products. The most enjoyable part of my job was the annual family events. My co-workers were okay, management wasn't organized and played favorites and didn't treat everyone equally.
Pros
Family events, benefits
Cons
management, hours, stress
Great company with great benifits
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Great company with great benefits, flex work schedule, fun people to work with. All people working together. Great vacation plan.
Great
SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Gainsville GaOctober 15, 2015
Presently I am a Warehouse Supervisor for PBC Pepsi Beverages Company for the last year and a half. During these years I have acquired a very good knowledge of Logistics of the company. My Leadership skills have grown being in charge of 12-22 employees at a time. My responsibility includes providing back end support for the company on product and sales numbers and guiding new trainees through their jobs.
Although I am enjoying my present job, I am looking out for new opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
salary
productive
Warehouse loader/forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 15, 2015
overall the benefits and pay is good but the long hours are exhausting.the easy part to the job is getting started but the hardest part is finishing
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
long hrs
Great Company
Merchandiser, Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 11, 2016
Learned a lot of good skills to carry over to future employment opportunities, ready to pursue jobs that will provide me with full time work and good benefits
Productive and have gained a lot of knowledge
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2015
Love my managment team, we have an open door policy where we can talk to our boss and always get feedback in any situation. Pepsi is a vary large company and I am sad to be leaving after 8 years. I started from a regular operator to a member of the salary team and have made big accomplishments. Pepsi is dedicated to hire and promote within with their development and leadership programs.

We are always very busy with the scheduling because we base it off of a forcast from the sells from Gatorade. Sometimes we could have a schedule for 4 days, and then all of a sudden you get a new email with new and different directions. You just have to be willing to strive and make the best our of any situation. I have realized hard work definitely pays off.
Pros
Great salary team
Cons
Would recommend working their.
collections analyst (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYNovember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at Pepsi Cola Bottling Company
The mangers and Director of collections was a great person to work for. Treated you as an adult and willing to assist you at any time

Sales force was great, they assisted with collections when needed and was very respectful of your thoughts.

I miss working their.
Cons
salary is not good. That's why I had to leave.
terrible place to work
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 6, 2015
2nd shift supervisor makes sexist comments about how women shouldn't work there and upper management won't do anything about
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management, sexist comments, degrading, incompetent managers.
Good company with some opportunities for better employee relations.
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
The days were spent with client accounts and working to provide them with a way to better their business and income.

I learned how to negotiate and sustain contracts.

Some management had started at the bottom and knew what it took on a daily basis for us, then there were others that never left their offices to see what was really going on in the market and how their decisions locally affected clients.

The employees were like any other large company, a variety of all sorts. The majority were hard working and team oriented people that just wanted to work hard to further their careers.

The hardest part of the job was having to follow orders even if it was not the most beneficial for the customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to grow in my career and to meet some amazing people along the way.
Pros
fun holiday parties
Worst place I've ever worked
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 29, 2015
This is by far the worst place I've ever worked. The pay scale is low and the raises are very minimal in dollar amount and frequency. Most of management does not care about the employees. Turnover rate is extremely high. People are constantly getting fed up with getting more and more work piled on them and not getting compensated for it and just walking out. A lot of them recognize this is happening during their training period and don't even make it through that time period. Other good people get fired without being given a just reason. Parking is terrible. The parking lot is a long way from the buildings which makes it bad in the rain, sleet, snow, and extreme heat. There is a lot next door for sale which could be bought and used for parking but since the owner could care less about his employees that hasn't been done. He sits comfortably in one of his many mansions and parks in the parking lot right in front of the building when he's there.
Pros
Met some nice co-workers
Cons
Everything else.
Excellent Job with promising furture
Professional Loader and Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 22, 2015
Great benefits and management. Longevity with the company because of their benefits and overall fairness to dedicated employees.
Pros
Overtime opportunities and friendly non-hostile work place
Cons
Physical demand
Route delivery and sales. Very physical and demanding.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NENovember 16, 2015
Route delivery to established account base. Set up displays and merchandised products. Did daily inventory management. Had a class B CDL, with air brake endorsement.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
Not many weekends off, and commission sales only
pepsi
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 15, 2016
great place to work, benefits are great,
schedule long
work weekends
great people
co workers are helpful
needed more weekends off
Great Brands, Good Strategy
Supply Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  CairoSeptember 5, 2015
PepsiCo was a great addition to my career. I learned a lot, was exposed to rich global experiences, met great people, got some great support from many others,

The hardest part of the job is the daily problem solving that has to be done with a calm head and managing conflicting stakeholder interests, and sometimes hard work doesn't always materialize into clear results.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the scale of the decisions that I made every day and how I always had a powerful execution team to help me make it happen with dedicated personnel in the field.

I learned that informal authority goes a long way to get things done, that networking with colleagues and informal relationships are often more effective in getting the results I need. I also learned that along the way, one must always pick his battles, and change strategy when needed, and learn to really listen to what's being said and what's not being said.
Pros
Great Brands, Good Strategy in times of global economic stress, a true global experience, good pay & benefits, pleasant colleagues
Cons
P&L driven, unclear measure of individual productivity