PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 3,099 reviews matching the search
management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 7, 2016
certain managment play favorites to certain people it all depends who you are thats how you get promoted not on experperence .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some management treat people different.
Very dedicated people, great community involvement
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2016
Great place for anyone who wants to learn the Food and Beverage Business. Pepsico has 23 brands that generate over 1 Billion Dollars per year in sales.

You can move up quickly there if you are willing to put in the work.
Pros
All the Gatorade/Lipton/Starbucks/Pepsi/Aqaufina drinks you want free.
Cons
Pay is not always the best in the industry
Great Place to Work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. Upon relocation I would love to return to the workforce. I traveled with this company and truly have minor complaints.
Pros
Established company
Cons
Growth Potential in roles
Slave Drivers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 4, 2016
Pepsi is by far the worst place I have worked at. They are completely unorganized. Also they work you 11-16 hours every day. Including 1 whole day overtime.Promised me a $2 raise once I was full time. That is a lie. My raise is on hold for the union for 1 year. Wrong on so many levels. Unrealistic CPH count and favoritism. Working like a donkey for low pay. At least before I was working my butt off for that raise. Now I'm looking for another job, I refuse to work for such low pay, I have zero life because I am always at work.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no life, long hours, low pay
stressful work hours No time for family or yourself
Merchandiser (Seasonal/Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 3, 2016
work day is from 6am-6pm.
Nothing to gain education from because your only stocking soda beverages.
Managment treats employees like worker bees, theres no sense of compassion for wokers and and over abundance of work hours.
Co-workers are friemdly sometime professional.
The hardest part of the job is the heavy intense manual labor.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the freedom to make your own work schedule while at work because you work alone.
Pros
great consistant pay
Cons
no off time, work environment is intense manual labor
Horrible
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 3, 2016
This was the worst experience in my professional career and I have been a supervisor for over 25 years. I was treated with so much disrespect from other supervisors because I am a female. I have a supervisory position now that is the exact opposite and will retire with much much more benefits than I would have with this corporations.
Pros
Cons
long hours low pay
Management is not fair. They don't treat everyone the same
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 3, 2016
I would never work for or reccomend this employer to anyone. Expectations were not standardized. Meaning, not every person was held to the same standard
Not a bad place to work, but ...
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 2, 2016
They are a very busy and fast moving environment which is fine. But, they take advantage of their Temp to Permanent employees in ways that i feel are not fair. I would be given the worst forklift to operate eventhough it would shutoff on a regular basis and it should not have been on the floor. Then blamed me when I would have a spill or they would acuse me of being to slow even though it continued to shutoff on me throughout my shift and i notified my supervisor and maintenance and they did nothing to resolve my issues.There is no timetable to being hired permanently (90 or 120 days in most places), they do not notify you of your future work schedule for the following week (rotator) until 1 hour prior to your end of the week. They force you to stay up to 4 hours on any given day or shift with only short notice.
Pros
Employee friendly vending machines, frozen drinks, free water bottles made available to all employees at any time.
Cons
No timetable on temp to permanent hire, forced to do an additional 4 hours on a regular basis, did not know my schedule for the following week until 1 hour prior to the end of my work week, prioritized speed over safety of employees, did not give me the proper and necessary equipment to do my job in a timely and safe manner.
Fantastic place to work
Senior Manager, Programs and Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYAugust 2, 2016
It has been an honor to serve for such noble company. The knowledge acquired and hands on experience coupled with support from senior leaders, make this company a great place to work.
Great Company, Thirty year career, Well Respected
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19154August 1, 2016
Great Company, Thirty year career, Well Respected. If your going for merchandiser position. It comes with hard labor and long hours, but the company will pay you time n half for anything over eight hours. Good money and benefits for you and the family
Pros
good money and benefits for you and the family
Cons
long hours, takes over your life
Little chances for advancement.
Program Manager, PMO (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 1, 2016
Job descriptions and accountability did not match everyday environment. Decisions made at project level were not completed based upon side management opinions.
Pros
Benefits package.
Cons
No hierachy of decision making.
Great place to work with good benefits
Account Manager/Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 1, 2016
PepsiCo was a good place to work. They had a flexible work schedule, great pay and great Benefits. I also had a home office and a company car. I enjoyed my time working for them and selling their top beverage line.
Long hours no Comp time/Overtime
Full Line Route Sales (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 31, 2016
As a route driver I was hired on with the understanding that I would work at a max 45 hours per week. And some weeks would be less than 40. I have been with this company for 5 months and once I started doing my own route I have yet to work less than 47 hours a week with no overtime pay or PTO/Comp time, as its a salaried position. My first thought was the pay was descent and the benefits are mediocre, but I will tough it out. Needless to say after 5 months of constant scrutiny and disappointing management I am looking for a different job. To put the icing on the cake - Once the new federal law that requires an employer to pay OT goes into effect Dec.1, 2016 the route drivers are all being moved to commission so to avoid paying us overtime. We are understaffed and under paid and it creates a terrible work environment, because if someone calls in the other drivers all get burdened with extra stops. Thus, making your already long work day (9-12 hour) even longer and management has little to no thanks for the extra work. So if you like working, like a slave and having no personal life, for a mediocre wage and benefits than this is the job for you. Shame on you Pepsi for looking so pretty on the outside, but being so terribly ugly on the inside.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Long long hours, Super early mornings, poor pay, mediocre benefits
Heavy,repetitive lifting.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 30, 2016
Very labor intensive.pepsi is a great company to work for,but for a merchandiser position is not for everyone.the pay is mediocre for all the work this job entails. Coworkers do their jobs different and when being trained that can make your job difficult when learning the position.if you like working on your own it's a great job..but just be prepared for heaving,constant lifting.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Heavy lifting
Cool place to work, inter as a food service rep
Food Service Sales Rep-Intern (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 30, 2016
It was okay as an intern. You have to be proactive and think outside the box to be looked at as someone special. My intern was all over the place with no real structure. I believe it was a new program at the time. Visit accounts, sell in product, trade shows, etc.
Pros
paid gas
Cons
lots of driving
Fast-paced very low pay lack of communication between managers and merchandisers especially salesman
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San FernandoJuly 29, 2016
For anyone who wants to be a slave this is a good job for you The benefits are OK union is a very very little help they keep you out and don't tell you when your next-door is more that they're going to add a store then they expect you to work the overtime if you say no you're penalized
worst work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 28, 2016
I don't have anything good to say about this company or its management. highly disorganized, work life balance is terrible. the EOC should look into their practice of handling employee issues or complaints.
Overworked
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 27, 2016
10 -12 plus hour days of lifting soda cans, bottles and boxes at 4 different stores. Alot of work and hardly never no help.
Pros
self managed
Cons
damages your body
Loved ut
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
A great place to work, I loved the hours, the money was great, it was a exceptional place to work. The work load was great always something to do. Never a dull moment
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
No leadership
Production tech (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 26, 2016
Horrible benefits an employee with a family of four pay 600 a month plus a $2,500 deductible managers look for ways to push their job on two employees constantly people are fired without notice and constantly harassed
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, work life balance, no pension