PepsiAmericas

PepsiAmericas Employer Reviews

Pepsi MidAmerica leaves much to be desired.
Territorial Sales Rep (Former Employee), Benton, KYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: sense of comrodary among front line employees.
Cons: very high turnover. almost no training offered.
Pepsi MidAmerica requires long hours with less than competitive pay. Regardless of the job title, they offer little in the way of training. My HR manager complained on multiple occasions that she was never trained. She did the best she could, but with a 94% turnover, she couldn't ethically continue to hire people into that environment. New employees – more... are expected to work at the same level as the veteran employees, but are not permitted commission until after their absent training is complete; which could take months. The company has issues delivering orders accurately. Commission employees are not paid for shortages which the warehouse fails to send out for delivery. The worst part is that top management is either not informed of the issues, or is in complete denial that there are problems in the company. I was hired as a territorial sales rep. I did more work with route sales than I did with other TSRs, After two months I was fired without a clear reason. Pepsi MidAmerica also requires every employee to have a CDL, even those who will never sit behind the wheel of a truck. They will pay for the test, but the employee pays for the medical exam. After the test, the employee is locked in for two years or else said employee will pay the CDL fees.

Any employee who cares more about the customers and the work than the pay, and who is willing to bend over backwards for management will make it fine in this company. There were a few employees I noticed who put in extra hours, or went above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. Those employees seem to be successful, albeit more stressed. – less
Place is a joke
Route Sales/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Effingham, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Cons: everything
Place is a joke take money you work for for no reason. You either don't receive a pay check and if you do it is short for different reasons. Pay is ok, but its based on 40 hours and you never ever work that its more like 60 place is a joke don't ever work here you would be treated better at a fast food place
Overall a fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Paducah Depot Paducah KyAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free t-shirts
Cons: to few raises
Generally all the managers were pleasant, co-workers were very easy going and fun to work with. I learned to make banners and to do recon on the product. The hardest part of the job was the recon of product.
stores and warehouse
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: personal car
Cons: order arrival
it was a great experience and i always learned new things and new people ! i traveled and i enjoyed the benefits they provide for my insurance!
Steady occupation with great staff
Route Loader (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2014
Pros: weekly paychecks, many opportunities for overtime
Cons: exhausting job, little time for family/personal life
While working at PepsiAmericas, it was a great opportunity provide for my family and to increase my work experience in the warehouse field.
WARNING! Most unprofessional and unethical work place I ever experienced!
Management trainee (Former Employee), Marion, ILJuly 4, 2014
Pros: nothing!
Cons: everything
Was hired on as a "management trainee". I later understood this was a way of monitoring new hires to see if they would buy into the hostile, unethical, (probably illegal) and disfunctional Pepsi MidAmerica regime. Turnover there was the worse I have ever seen. 17 people quit in one day; just walked out. No one saw this as unusual.
Unless you want to – more... be a robot, not to think for yourself, take initiative, question anything, or follow rules that make not sense, DO NOT take a job a PEPSI MIDAMERICA!. (This is not the same as Pepsi in other areas of the country.)
My professional career included 35 years of long term, upper-level management positions with a high degree of responsibility. But, Pepsi MidAmerica determined after just a few days that I was not a "good match" for their company. Reasons given: I took short breaks on occasion to call Dr.s offices to arrange appointments. I occasionally took 5 minute breaks to get coffee or soda from the break room. I was once 5 minutes late coming back from lunch (which I later made up.) In the hiring interview, I told them I needed training in a certain area. I was never provided with training for specific skills, but was told I did not have these skills as a reason for termination.
Co-workers were great, worked very hard, but under a great deal of stress and had no respect for their supervisors, managers or the company. It was not unusual to see coworkers in my training area crying because of the maltreatment and stress. When questioned about unethical practices, no one could tell me why things were done as they were and it was obvious no one dared to question those practices.
Pepsi MidAmerica has a terrible reputation in Marion, because of their long-term abuse of employees. My brief experience there showed me why no one stays there very long. – less
Great place to work, but hard to advance.
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 25, 2014
I primarily worked alone with little to no supervision. I liked that because I could work at my own pace, which was usually fairly quick. I would travel to several location around the city and other cities close by my location. I've met a lot of interesting people. I worked here until I joined the Army.
worst place ever worked
checker (Former Employee), Marion,IllinoisJune 14, 2014
Pros: free water
Cons: long hours, pay cheap, no breaks
after hired they will take your money out of your check for background checks and drug test and credit checks on the second pay. they do not train new employees the ropes of the jog .they leave you standing around for work to do. the checkers are expected to do all the cleaning, pick up damage merchandise that the pulls pull and run over in the warehouse. – more... very little training as a checker on the products out . stand up all day not standing down to do computer work as the office people have . not a good place to work and the management no sense of managing the work flow. disable people should not apply they do not concern with your problems at all. – less
great compnay
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHJune 4, 2014
college job with great physical work and creatitive abailty.
breakroom
Stacker (Former Employee), Marion, ILMay 16, 2014
there was a break room and pallet jacks. i will miss the people i met but not the place itself. Not eligible for rehire so if u quit do not try n return..
Alot of work, good pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Farmington, MOApril 28, 2014
Lots of heavy lifting. Good job with good benefits. Certain jobs in the company are better than others.
Daily operations of a large part of Pepsi Cola business
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 22, 2014
Pros: loved the customers
Cons: some times it was a 7 day a week job.
In these positions, I managed union, and non union employees, a Supervisor, and an administrative assistant.
I was responsible for full service vending account, Restaurant product delivery systems, and Special Event Management.
Pepsi MidAmerica
PM Quality Control Foreman (Former Employee), Marion, ILApril 7, 2014
Not a friendly place to work. No concern for employees. Ethics are questionable
INDEPENDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: partnership
Cons: waiting around for the product to be delivered
Servicing local grocery stores and food chains throughout Chicago by merchandising product and placing marketing ads in stores
Unbelievably dirty, dangerous and depressing two years of my life
forklift operator (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
I'm still recovering from the exposure to this train wreck. People should not be treated the way I was specifically treated. Managerial jealousy kept me from advancing to an appropriate level. Good pay was designed to keep employees silent.
Great job, Bad Company.
Promotions Clerk (Former Employee), Marion, ILMarch 8, 2014
Pros: experiance
Cons: benefits, compensation
Promotions Clerk.
Ran daily, monthly, and quarterly reports.
Made and distributed monthly sales books to entire corporation.
Loved the people and loved my job. However, the company had really bad turnover and not many people held a job for very long at Pepsi MidAmerica. Job security was very poor.
fun work place
driver (Former Employee), st joseph moFebruary 19, 2014
would deliver all pepsi products to stores was a fun place to work on your own
Pepsi MidAmerica. Worst company i've ever worked for.
Route Salesman (Former Employee), Marion ILFebruary 6, 2014
Cons: long hours, terrible equipment, low pay
unless your looking for working 60+ hours a week at less then min wage. DON'T Apply. The main office n marion is always looking for reasons to deduct your pay. never had to worry about my employer robbing me. This company will give you a raise and take it way. Claiming that your raise has expired. never heard of a raise expiring.
Overall good place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Munster,INFebruary 5, 2014
overall good place to work etc..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Don't work here
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Marion, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Place is ridiculously stupid to work for. You get a write up for working overtime. got fired for breaking something while installing it. drivers tear up these trucks way worse than what i did and they never get wrote up. Just plain stupid company to work for.

1 2 3 4 5

About PepsiAmericas

The PepsiCo challenge (to archrival Coca-Cola) never loses its fizz for the world's #2-carbonated soft-drink maker. Its soft – Read more