PepsiAmericas Employee Reviews

Fast paced, challenging, fun place to work.
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I very much enjoyed working for Pepsi Americas. They were a great employer and provided many opportunities to its people.
Pros
Challenging
Good work place
Full Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for Pepsi. My route was the biggest and most profitable Full-Service route. I had a good time working here but my route had become even too much for me.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJanuary 24, 2016
bought out by peeps bottlers. no longer in operation, not doing business any more with anyone. asdf and fads ads fads def fad asdf sd
Pros
closed
Cons
closed
Productive and Good Management
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 19, 2015
A typical day at work flew by because I always had something so do. I learned a lot. The Management was very nice and helpful. My co workers were nice and helpful.
Great work team.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 18, 2015
Important team environment. Everyone works together to get things done in a timely manner. great communication and clarity of the task at hand.
Terrible home to work life ratio and very bad equipment.
Done it all (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 10, 2015
This company is apparently trying to tell all of its employees that their company is family oriented but if you are in sales or delivery they don't care about your home life. They want you to work 12-15 hours a day and then go home and answer your phone after words as well. They don't care if you request days off they continue to call or try and contact you. The management above you is clueless because they hire people off the street and don't train them. This is why they continually have to rehire and retrain. They need to promote from within when possible because you have done multiple jobs within the company you can see issues arise and will know how to handle certain issues. But when your upper management doesn't care or doesn't know the process you will mess up alot of events and orders. The route salesmen (delivery guys) don't make enough to live off of. They work 5 to 6 days a week and 14 hours a day is ideal for them. The end of day paperwork is crazy. The company wants you to mess it up so they can charge you for what you already delivered. Their comission scheme is weighted which means they can't tell you what you make on any one product. They have not come to the 21st century when calculating this. You may sell 5000 cases one week and make 700 dollars and the week after you sell 6000 and won't make over your base pay. Most of their equipment is over due for maintenence and when they do proper maintenance it's done very very sketchy. They don't replace bald tires they don't work on their lift gates and alot of the time you can send a truck in to get fixed and it  more... comes back with the same issues as when you sent it down.  less
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
All else
I enjoyed my short time with Pepsi
Customer Equipment Service representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 1, 2015
The call center moved to a different state in 2006, a very nice place to work with good people. I learned a lot dealing with customers and the service techs in the field, glad I had this opportunity.
It was a good company to work for
Forklift Operator/Production worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, INOctober 18, 2015
PepsiAmericas was a family owned company with approximately 28 plants and distribution facilities. The work was fun, fast paced, and detail oriented to an extent.
Dynamic place to work in.
Supply Chain/Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 22, 2015
Challenging, lack of strategy and very tactical environment. Little use of technology and light managers in key positions.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
lLck of structure
you work hard
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 31, 2015
management is a problem here they view employees as enemies not assets. regularly put in 13 to 14 hr days. I did enjoy the work moving from place to place and something different everyday
Worst place I've ever worked
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 29, 2015
This is by far the worst place I've ever worked. The pay scale is low and the raises are very minimal in dollar amount and frequency. Most of management does not care about the employees. Turnover rate is extremely high. People are constantly getting fed up with getting more and more work piled on them and not getting compensated for it and just walking out. A lot of them recognize this is happening during their training period and don't even make it through that time period. Other good people get fired without being given a just reason. Parking is terrible. The parking lot is a long way from the buildings which makes it bad in the rain, sleet, snow, and extreme heat. There is a lot next door for sale which could be bought and used for parking but since the owner could care less about his employees that hasn't been done. He sits comfortably in one of his many mansions and parks in the parking lot right in front of the building when he's there.
Pros
Met some nice co-workers
Cons
Everything else.
Must be willing to work long hours
Small Formalt PSR (Current Employee) –  ohioJuly 21, 2015
Great benefits and vacation time,
Poor work life balance
Great time interacting with customers
No room for advancement.
Fun place to work, always had some volunteer opportunities for employees
PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 9, 2015
I loved this job, it entailed the two areas I hold dear to my heart, payroll and accounting and also allowed me to volunteer with various non-profit organizations for community service.
terrible low moral never get paid right hr is trained to lie and cover up their transgressions
route sales (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 7, 2015
If you get paid its wrong and your short and they don't care. The whole company is a joke I quit because i was tired of management and their lies wasted 3 years of my life there. If you need a job go to McDonalds because you make less and work 60+ hours for less then minimum wage
Pros
nothing
Cons
no pay no vacation time no benefits
Great workplace for able bodied individuals
Warehouse-Bulk and Route Selector (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work was hot...But fun. The work itself was taken seriously butenjoyable to accomplish. I learned the value of safety, and the impact of good and bad judgement. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours overnight. The most enjoyable part was the long hours overnight.
Picking the product and putting it on pallets to get them ready to be shipped
Voice pick pallet builder (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2015
Walking about ten to fifteen miles a day and a lot of heavy lifting. I learned how to use a voice pick head set. I had no problems with management or the employees. The hardest part of the job was all the walking we had to do per day. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use the voice pick headset
Pros
We got very cheap sodas
Cons
All the walking
Do not work for Pepsi MidAmerica!!!
Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJune 7, 2015
Do not work for Pepsi MidAmerica unless you want to be treated with no respect on a daily basis. The "higher ups" had completely unrealistic expectations about what we needed to do. The pay was not very good and there were never any raises. When you are hired you have to pay for your own drug test and background check. This place is all about making money and has no regards to what employees are going through. My health started going downhill the day I began working there.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
Pepsi Americas
Large Format- Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMay 7, 2015
esponsible for selling and ordering product into existing accounts. Ensures consistent adherence to merchandising and customer service standards.

Executes and closes all sales calls for assigned (relief) sales route(s)
Maintains and sells incremental displays, as needed; and secures incremental equipment
Sell in promotional programs and ensure dealer compliance
In connection with a sales call, maintain appropriate inventory levels, maintain company assets and point of sale, ensure account meets Company merchandising standards, determine stores' product needs, place and transmit appropriate orders
Communicate account activities to appropriate parties
Transport, replace and maintain point of sale advertising as appropriate for accounts
Periodic lifting of 50+ pounds, bending, reaching, kneeling
Pros
Fast Paced, always in a rush, never sitting down, rewarding, and fun.
Cons
Wear & Tear on your car.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
Reviewed applicants resume
Did interviews
Management was ok just not family oriented
co-works were great
hardest part of my job was doing termination letters
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Growth
Don't work here.
Full line salesman, Vending technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, Mt. VernonApril 16, 2015
I worked here as a vending technician and full line salesman in both marion and Mt. Vernon. And I can personally tell you that unless you're a manager that's good at "kissing butt" you'll never make it in this company. You get no benefits, barely any pay, all the managers lie to you and their superiors, and Harry Crisp cares about nothing but money, so don't expect to see any raises that they promise you. They no longer put money into 401k, the majority of the people you'll work with are either incredibly stupid, or they whine about everything. Gotta pick your poison there. The turnover rate is incredible, it's honestly impressive that the company has been in business this long. I could keep going with this review, but I'll just finish with this: DON'T EVER WORK FOR PEPSI MID AMERICA.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Everything besides being easy