PepsiAmericas

PepsiAmericas Employer Reviews

Unbelievably dirty, dangerous and depressing two years of my life
forklift operator (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
I'm still recovering from the exposure to this train wreck. People should not be treated the way I was specifically treated. Managerial jealousy kept me from advancing to an appropriate level. Good pay was designed to keep employees silent.
Great job, Bad Company.
Promotions Clerk (Former Employee), Marion, ILMarch 8, 2014
Pros: experiance
Cons: benefits, compensation
Promotions Clerk.
Ran daily, monthly, and quarterly reports.
Made and distributed monthly sales books to entire corporation.
Loved the people and loved my job. However, the company had really bad turnover and not many people held a job for very long at Pepsi MidAmerica. Job security was very poor.
fun work place
driver (Former Employee), st joseph moFebruary 19, 2014
would deliver all pepsi products to stores was a fun place to work on your own
Customer Service Representative
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers and hours with weekends off
Cons: pay and lack of advancement
Filling orders for customers and pushing product to get them interested to purchase more product. The hours were normal and not to strenuous as most jobs. However the pay was awful and the raises were minimal at best.
Pepsi MidAmerica. Worst company i've ever worked for.
Route Salesman (Former Employee), Marion ILFebruary 6, 2014
Cons: long hours, terrible equipment, low pay
unless your looking for working 60+ hours a week at less then min wage. DON'T Apply. The main office n marion is always looking for reasons to deduct your pay. never had to worry about my employer robbing me. This company will give you a raise and take it way. Claiming that your raise has expired. never heard of a raise expiring.
Overall good place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Munster,INFebruary 5, 2014
overall good place to work etc..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Don't work here
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Marion, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Place is ridiculously stupid to work for. You get a write up for working overtime. got fired for breaking something while installing it. drivers tear up these trucks way worse than what i did and they never get wrote up. Just plain stupid company to work for.
SALES
Territorial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kennett, MODecember 29, 2013
As a sale rep I visited several accounts daily to observe Pepsi inventory. I made orders to out to keep inventory in stock and rotated.

The people I met on routes were amazing. I really like the social part of it.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when my orders were submitted for the day so that I go back through my accounts to build displays.
Flat out horrible
CDL Driver (Current Employee), Sikeston Mo, Out of Marion ILDecember 28, 2013
Pros: it's a paycheck.
Cons: everthing.
Every aspect about this job is horrible.

The start pay is 500$ a week salary. Which after hiring costs and uniforms(yes, you pay for both) is about 375$ a week. You eventually get put on commission where I
if you sell enough cases you can earn more per week. The per case rate is so low you have to deliver 500-600 cases per day to even equal your normal psycheck.

Don't ever plan on being home. A normal route day depending on how much driving you do can take 10-12 hours to complete even with a driver helper. After you are done delivering cases you have paperwork which takes 30-60 minutes then you can leave. Start time is 6am. Leave when you get done.

A typical week is 50+ hours. Some weeks are 60+.

Management is very disorganized and communication is nonexistent.

Working conditions are bad. Some trucks have no heat or air. Equipment is in bad shape. All trailers have lift gates and several barely work.

You are always shorthanded. Customers know and expect bad service.

Do not work for this company.
Good company with fun people to work with
Auditor (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 10, 2013
Pros: desk job with benefits
Cons: had to drive over 2 hours a day to get to work and 2 hours to get back home
I enjoyed working at the corporate offices and able to keep busy and organized. I felt like I was making a difference in the locations that I dealt with.
Got to be out and around others
Snack Route Driver (Former Employee), Paris, TNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: home every night and off weekends
Cons: being out late at night sometimes.
Go to work get my truck together and start my route.

Learned to be good with money and to work around all kinds of people.

Management had its ups and downs. Some didn't know how to do there jobs right and tried to tell us how to do our jobs.

All my Co Workers where pretty good people, I liked being around most of them.

Hardest part of the job was having to keep up with the whole truck and all the inventory every night after the route no matter what time I came in at night.

Being home every night and having the weekends off.
Learned new things everyday
Payroll Tax Specialist (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: leaving the company
Very busy days
Learned all about State and Locals Taxes
Management awesome!!!
Co-worker awesome!!!
Leaving
The co-workers
fast pace inviroment
VendOne administrator (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great folks will be your coworkers
Cons: management
you hit the ground running when you work for this company. Most positions are specialized, but you have to be a "jack of all trades" to be successful.
Great place to work.
Executive Assistant to Human Resources Department (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2013
This is where I received my HR training. I worked with union and non-union employees. I was a fun place to work.
Pepsi MidAmerica
Sales (Former Employee), Marion ILOctober 31, 2013
Cons: alot
Pepsi out of Marion IL is privately owned. Its not the same as the other companies reviewed on this site. Do your homework before taking a job at this company. Over promise /under deliver on pay, benefits, culture, and work/family balance. Very unethical intimidating environment. . High turnover says it all.
overall a very good place to work
Dispatchable Bay Truck Driver - Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee), wilkes-barre , pa.October 23, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours
Very structured and motivating place to work with plenty of perks.
learned alot about sales industry
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2013
Sold pepsi products to businesses in territory.
Merchandised product in stores as needed
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Line Take Away/Warehouse Selector (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2013
My daily work consists of driving a fork lift to transport the product from one end of the production line to a trailer or to be stored in the warehouse. My job is to also make sure that the product code is accurate according to the specification. Working for my employer challenges to me to be detail oriented and punctual. The work environment is filled with much team work in order to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
Fun working environment
Inventory/ Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Reserve, LAAugust 26, 2013
I enjoyed working at Pepsi. I worked well with my co-workers as well as management. The hardest part of the job was having to start my day at 2am. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the customers.
POOR COMPANY TO WORK FOR
merchandiser (Former Employee), EffinghamJuly 29, 2013
Horrible human and constitutional right violations. Deplorable un healthy environments to work in. Not family friendly, not employee friendly, low wages, low milage, hardly any benefits. DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB!

About PepsiAmericas

The PepsiCo challenge (to archrival Coca-Cola) never loses its fizz for the world's #2-carbonated soft-drink maker. Its soft – Read more