Per Mar Security Services Employee Reviews

Very unethical and not professional
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 2, 2017
The management there is very insecure about themselves. The people there are childish, and there is no room for advancement. Not recommended for third shift.
Only thing worse than managment are the work conditions!
Officer (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 24, 2017
The job is not what i was hired on for, the pay is bull for what they expect from you, the Corprate office treats you like a number. The work conditions are ridiculous, you sit in a shack no bigger than a jail cell for 9 hour shifts with no breaks, no lunch, not even a bathroom. They literlly tell you to limit your bathroom breaks and to try and keep them under 5 mins. There are no flex officers what so ever. We are constantly short handed with people but yet get yelled at for overtime. This place expects you to be top flight Security of the world when Mcdonalds gets paid more. I would NOT recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
A basic paycheck
Cons
No lunch no breaks no help horrible pay benefits arent worth it
Company is wonderful
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILJanuary 15, 2017
my Supervisor wasn't open or was he honesty about securing our well being as employees there were times when our client wanted to give up on the company because of him ...

now our days at work were wonderful our staff there were all stars they took care of us I've learn how to become more aware to my area and other areas and to become a better peoples person over all my co workers are a1 we get along and we believe in team work there no hard part to my job because I love It the most enjoyable part of my job is going to work
Pros
Cons
misleading information not respectable to client
Decent workplace
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2017
As management, I was in a cozy position. However, for smaller branches like ours, it was hard to have a work/life balance as you are on call 24/7.
OK Place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 9, 2017
It is an ok place to work the hours are long as with any security job and the pay is so so but that's the same with any security job I wish they had better pay but what are you gonna do.
Pay ok considering competition
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJanuary 2, 2017
Pay is competitive considering most security jobs you find (in this area anyway) are paying a maximum of $9 to $9.50 per hour starting out. The job is relatively simple, although at times you are put into positions that do require you to use physical force and in extreme cases, a taser. Having a calm demeanor and being able to reason with people will greatly benefit you. Management at my job site was handpicked due to a connection in Administration at the job site. The management at the job site also made everything convenient for their time schedule(family, outside activities, school) with little to no regard for other people's schedules. The people not working for Per Mar that you work with on the job site are generally friendly, so the ability to be cordial and friendly will benefit you. Benefits are virtually non-existent. The company just recently added on a major medical plan, but it's also extremely subpar, especially if you have a family. To sum up, the pay is ok, the benefits aren't worth the expense and the management leaves a little bit to be desired. It is a good hold over job until you get yourself into a better job, but nothing more.
Pros
Relatively simple job, good co-workers, competitive pay for the work
Cons
Lackluster benefits, poor leadership
Backstabbing work place with lack of proper communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, INDecember 17, 2016
They barely train you and don't explain rules thoroughly. Boring work, lack of interaction, you get penalized for taking to people. Only use as a temp job.
Pros
paid bills
Cons
Lack of proper training procedures
My hours were reduced sometimes due to lack of work. Started out enjoying the work, but that changed after only a few weeks.
Electronic Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILDecember 14, 2016
Job OK if you like to travel to different locations. Moral was low, people working but it felt like they really didn't want to be there. A thankless job.
Pros
company vehicle, company supply uniforms. Company training was OK, but in house training was poor or nonexistent.
Cons
on call, poor management.
Productive work place not a lot hours
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2016
Its good work day any time you get to work you learn something new everyday sometimes there can be poor management but it good other than that
Dont waste your time all areas is a let down and your just be let down and over worked.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INOctober 10, 2016
Worked two sites in two different towns. The other site was only part time but was always there on sunday nights. Was told they would find another guard to cover area but failed to do so. I was underpaid and always called for sites. Had a son and copperate told me I was approved for a week off but site supervisor and scheduler kept calling me to find out when I was going back. Barley had any days off if did was because I max my hours for the week and they had to give me the day off. Have nothing good to say about this employer.
Pros
Cons
Mangement sucked, overworked, underpaid, dont care about family matters
Very good.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 14, 2016
Overall the company tries to balance work & home. Fantastic co-workers. Supervisor & manager extremely fair, decent training program. Excellent pay for wages & good benefits.
Pros
Good balance between work & home.
Cons
Very little chance for advancement or transfer.
Bad leadership
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILAugust 23, 2016
The supervisor Matt Baker at the Sterling steel site in Sterling, Illinois treated veterans horribly and would penalize for going to army reserve training or being late for firefighter duties. Which was against the law. Higher management would not do anything about it. The supervisor would also lie to make himself seem like the good guy. He also treated other guards horribly.
Pros
None except easy job other than the supervisor
Cons
The supervisor
Could have been so much more.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILAugust 8, 2016
Amazing contract with a good client. But working for the Per Mar supervisors was strenuous and degrading. The work and high risk of injury was not worth $10 an hour. The lack of team work and stubbornness is what made this job not enjoyable. If there was a huge turn over in management I would maybe recommend this job.
Pros
Good co works and job site.
Cons
Bad management
I wouldn't work for this company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walworth County, WIAugust 6, 2016
Do not work for this company, it is a terrible company to work for....while i know not every place a person works for is the best and every place could improve on its self...this company is by far the worst ilI have ever worked for....while i only work for the company for about three months...i was fired because i hurt a new highers feeling...the new hire was not there for more the a week ...i was site supervisor and was fire for the most outlandish reasons , removed from my position with out even hearing my side first...i repeat do not work for the company
Pros
Low travel
Cons
No set breaks or lunch time...
Sad employment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 5, 2016
They cut my hours big time and not enough pay. I did not like working there. Employees were not nice and the boss did not like me. They fired me because They were hateful.
Pros
Cons
Cut my hours
Deadend Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at work was predictable (meaning everyday was pretty much the same). What I learned is never expect a raise and do not contact management because they will not return your call. I found the co-worker to sadly be untrustworthy. There was nothing hard about the job, however it was frustrating working for Per Mar. There is no commit for the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
Is there none!!!
Cons
Poor pay, management, no training and the company does not encourage communication between workers.
Great work place to learn many trades of transportation.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 1, 2016
Great workplace to work in. Truckers are easy to talk to. The work isn't rocket science, so anyone can do it. It's a job that will test your stress level at times but will ultimately help you overall in your life skills.
Pros
Good hours and new skills to learn.
Cons
Travel can be rough and expensive compared to our wages.
All I can say: It's a job.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Charles City, IAJuly 6, 2016
For single people or those who are desperate for employment only. Inflexible on hours, low pay, low benefits (high premiums/co-pays, meant to supplement Medic-aide/Medi-care). Lack of communication from higher levels of management to on-site supervisors. I will say that the people are genuinely friendly and want to help, but hands are tied at several levels for coverage of off-time (the site I worked at had 6 security guards, so scheduling was tight). If you are looking for a job where you have little social interaction, this is for you. Only day shift has 2 guards, most of the time you are alone.
Pros
Co-workers are great, when you see them
Cons
Low pay, low flexibility for coverage
Laid back and easy paced job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisiana, MOJune 30, 2016
I just started working for Per Mar this year at the end of May. I really enjoy the laid back environment this job provides. I get along very well with my coworkers and I have been treated very well. My supervisor which also interviewed me for this job did not judge me based on my appearance. I have a lot of tattoos and they do require you to cover them. That being said working in a hot warehouse this summer has been rough but I work mostly nights and it is a lot cooler which I really like. I would recommend this job. The only bad things about it I would have to say so far is having to wait 2 weeks for a paycheck.
Pros
Nice coworkers, easy going and easy paced, non-judgemental when hiring.
Cons
Bi-weekly paychecks.
Horrible company
Install Tech (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 16, 2016
Very bad management. They lie to you and then when you call them out on it they pretend like it never happened.
Company can't keep techs cause they don't pay them.
Company doesn't value their employees. Everyone is easily replaceable.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Management and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Per Mar Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9