Per Mar Security Services

Per Mar Security Services Employee Reviews

Management does not support their employees.
Security (Former Employee), WisconsinApril 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: poor management. no employee support.
Put into a situation where you are threatened by the public the management will not support you but will throw you to the wolves. They will not address the situation in any type of ethical or concerned response to ensure the safety of their employees. The poor wages are not worth putting yourself at risk for corporate to profit.
Interesting, Fun, and Challenging Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMarch 25, 2015
Every day brings a new challenge and a new lesson. I have learned how to manage my employees and work with their strengths and weaknesses. My coworkers are absolutely wonderful and I enjoy working with every one of the. It is difficult when I face a new challenge that I am not prepared for, but I always find a way to rise and solve it.
Per Mar is Fun and Stable
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays, fun, stable.
Cons: Expensive health insurance, occassional overtime.
My job can get boring and monotonous as it tends to be the same thing everyday, but the people I work with keep it fun and interesting. Our work load can get outrageous and we're expected to work overtime every now and then; our team gets it done. Per Mar is a team and goal oriented company. They take care of their teammates by offering contributions to our 401k accounts and doing fundraisers for our team members in need. Management can get a little too invested in the lives of their team, but it's not always a bad thing. All in all, it's a good place to work.
The greenbay office has know idea how to run a company.
Officer (Former Employee), fond du lacMarch 21, 2015
Pros: in town
Cons: account manager, and the mega beast will mess you up. don't work for this company
Per mar is a revolving door. And if you were there for a good amount of time the worse than treat you. Working in fond du lac site. Account manager loves to give it to people up the but. He is power hungry. And the rest of the officers talk nothing but smack about the others. It a high school job. Drama , drama. What a shame and I hope the company that contracted them see this. Not a family company more of a meat grinder.
Supervisor Wasn't Up Dated On Training
security officer (Former Employee), Dixon,il.March 8, 2015
Pros: could listen to music.
Cons: some guards wouldn't trade days with you
He was a very poor supervisor. While I was on nights things would take place with the client And we would ask to take care of whatever it was and when me and another officer would take care of it he would find out and get jealous and try to make our life miserable.I was always taught to take ownership we did and everything truned out O.K. He was an older person saying goes "YOU CAN'T TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS" I believe this was the case. I believe he was a little out dated in his training And his Ideas. I believe it's time for them to retire him. Plus he didn't know how to spell very well.
Company needs improvement
Security (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 3, 2015
Cons: poor communication, bad work hours, not enough work hours, poor pay
Once on duty I check company emails to get updated on company information then I start my daily report log, check all doors and gates to make sure they are all secured. Assist with facility safety. Patrol building. Management is lacking ethics and honor. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the low level co-workers who don't put effort in their job.
Worst company ever!
Officer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Anything you can imagine
This company doesn't care about it's Officers. Your just a body to them that must fill shifts. Company is a huge JOKE!! Don't ever work for them. There isn't any type of training for your job. They just throw you out there.
great place to work
security officer (Current Employee), columbia cityFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: could use more hours
Since i have been employed. Per mar has treated me great. Flexible hours good pay, and in my opinion great managment. They really make you feel part of the team. From the site supervisor to the area manager. You could not ask for better people to work with. Per mar security services has my complete loyalty.
very stressful due to conflict between pm employees and sdi employees
security guard (Former Employee), Butler, indianaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: drama
Very disappointed in management support and the drama within the gate house
Very bad security company to work for!
Security Officer (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 11, 2014
Cons: they're chronic liars and very deceitful
Management lied to me about my pay a couple of times on an account they hired me to work full time at. They lied to me about my hours; saying that I will work 40 plus hours each week and kept taking hours away from me. They kept lying to me on the whereabouts of my uniforms which took nearly 3 months to get. When I resigned I told them the reasons (as stated above).
Potentially the Perfect Job
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 4, 2014
As the Operations Manager, we had the UW Athletics contract and the result was I supervised all security operations for Camp Randall Football Stadium, Madison's Ironman Triathlon, and Madison's Rhythm & Booms 4th of July Event. I also enjoyed traveling to all my sites across the state and checking in with all the site supervisors under my wing.
never had a problem with anything or anybody just did my job.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Prentice, WIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i liked the job of security.
Good company to work for always got paid for my time no complaints. I enjoyed working with people and management. I care about people and like to protect them and clients property were those people have jobs. Flexible schedule.
A Very Good Employer
Human Resource Administrator/Coordinator (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, potential bonus, helpful office staff.
Cons: bitter coworkers, lower than average pay (depending on location).
GUARD/OFFICER REVIEW: Per Mar has been a great company to work for. I see many complaints from guard positions, which I can understand. What most guards don't understand is that the pay they receive is based exactly on what the client pays for service; and the difference is nowhere near as much as upset previously employees what you to think. I can tell you that for an entry level position you can't expect much in the pay department, but anyone should know that, and that pay really does reflect duties expected. Our clients do understand that when they pay us very little that they are going to get exactly what they pay for, and a lot of times it does mean just a temporary job for many people. Its too often you hear complaints from people who took an entry level position that had no real requirements that they are underpaid, but you have to understand that the position you accepted involved little responsibility.

OFFICE/HR REVIEW: After being with the company for some time (and depending on what are you live in), advancement is always a possibility. You have to be willing to work hard to get somewhere, which most you hear from on here that complain were not those people. Management can be a mixed bag again depending on where you are, but this is why Per Mar instates the 'chain of command' policy to bypass a supervisor that may not be handling things correctly, it just seems that most are too lazy to do anything and just settle on something that upsets them. For being an office and salary position the pay is a little lower than average compared to similar positions. The hardest part of an office position would be the number of calls received while off hours or out of the office; being that most sites you manager go on 24 hours a day, you are still to handle any situations at all hours.
Fun place to work w/ potential to grow! Everyone works as a team!
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), ILSeptember 18, 2014
Great place to work. Employees get the support they need from the corporate HQs and elsewhere as needed. It's truly great working for such a fast growing family business that has won several awards and has been around for over 60 years! At Per Mar we work as a team to accomplish the goals of the business.
Bad Managers
Service Technician (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management sucks
When I first start it was ok. As soon as I was on my own everything changed. They lie and always putting you down. Saying you messed and never really training you.
Un-explainable ... demeaning, petty-controll, exploiting of employees.
Tech (Current Employee), Eau Claire WISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: yes i am a pro
Cons: yes per mar is a con...
Expect to start at 1/2 of the regions average wage for electronic service tech jobs, and little to no opportunity for advancement.
Management is WOW,,,, WHAT THE!!!!!!! unbelievable! fill in the rest!
Inconsistant, inconsiderate scheduling of hours.

YOU ARE PAID $0.44 /hour on call. WHAT's that? you ask!
Every 3 weeks you get to be on call 16hrs a day(24hours on weekends and Holidays) for 7 days, on top of working your regular 8 hour day. you get calls all hours of the night and morning 11pm 1am 2am 3am 4 am 5am mulitiple, 3-10 calls a night or more. these after hour ON-Call Service Calls may take hours, then you have to go to your regular shift and be a happy camper.. THAT RIGHT 44cents per hour for 16 hours a day 7 days you get to be on call, cheerfully servicing their customers for PER MAR PROFIT, at 44 cents per hour. this really works out to $50 for 7 nights 24 and 16hour shifts=$50.00 (fifty dollars)
The best part of on-call...(NOT) you don't get paid your $50. when you work it. PerMar holds your pay..! Yep. You could get it on your regular check without taking a big tax bite out the meanial pay, NO... you get it as a lump sum...(GET THIS --- YOU RECEIVE YOUR PAY FOR ON-CALL AS A CHRISTMAS OR ANNUAL BONUS)
Management enjoys spending and WASTING money but can't see it reasonable to compensate the technicians which keep the companies blood flowing.
A typical day at work could be but isn't self rewarding
I have learned .......... nothing, and that management bites!
Many of the co-workers are lessor than pleasant to work with.
the hardest part of the job is biting your lip.
the most enjoyable part of the job is getting home at night, when not on call.
This company ranks up high in the top of the SOUR CREAM of the crop.
Family-oriented culture; positive environment
HR Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: team building
Great place to work - team-oriented; good pay; fun coworkers
Great place to start off
Security Guard (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2014
Cons: health care plan, over time limit
Depending on what cite I'm requested at everyday is different but overall a contract great companies.
Low Low Low Pay
Security Officer (Current Employee), New HavenJuly 10, 2014
Pros: easy work, good work hours
Cons: pay, benefits, no advancement. no communication from management. managers for themselves only.
Easy work ideal for a retired person, You will not survive or be able to pay your bills with this job only. Company is customer driven not employee driven. Insurance does not meet the Affordable Health Care Act's standards
Work place was constantly changing and hours worked were not consistent.
Security officer (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 7, 2014
You go where ever they needed people to secure the perimiter.

1 2 3 4