Per Mar Security Services Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 8, 2017
I am only looking for some place else to work for compensation. My wife is currently not working due to us having our daughter born prematurely this past august. Per Mar is actually a great orginazation and they due all they can do to take care of their own. The only complaint I would have is with the incentive program regarding bonus's. I feel the bar is set a little to high for obtaining a bonus.
Pros
Understanding and helpful General Manager
Cons
incentive program
Decent Employer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 6, 2017
Overall, a good place to work. Starting pay was good for the area. Management lacked a little bit but we can't get along with everybody. If you're looking for money, there are always events that PerMar provides security for that current employees can work to get extra hours.
Overworking employees
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 30, 2017
The site I've been stationed at the last 8 months is supposed to have 6 officers on staff for the last 6 months it's only been 3-4 officers so that each officer has to work overtime constantly and they will work me 20 or more days straight unless my coworkers work extra so I can get a day off
Pros
Will give rides to/from work if needed
Cons
No breaks
Upper management was terrible.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, INNovember 13, 2017
Do not expect to make plans. They will change your hours with practically no notice. They expect you to do their job as well as your own. Don't ever expect to get a raise. They will always tell you they hope to give you a raise when they renegotiate a contract but never do. They do not care about their employees at all.
Pros
401k, 1 week vacation after 1 year.
Cons
Terrible upper management.
Security
Security (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 1, 2017
Worked security at UW events and venues. Hours really depended on events, if teams were playing. Fortunately got to work smaller events and got more hours.
Pros
great staff, great fans, see some of the events
Cons
no parking for staff
Ugh
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 2, 2017
They do not listen to the hours that you need. I believe that if you say that you are going to work with my school schedule but keep calling me in only on the days when i have school.
Good Client Facility / Poor Management
Security Officer / Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 1, 2017
- Enjoyed client facility and staff
- Learned alarm/camera mangement system
- Direct manager was unresponsive at times
- Corporate management is lacking
Pros
Free Uniforms
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Absolute Travesty
Guard (Former Employee) –  Ft. Madison, ISeptember 15, 2017
Management is terrible. Can't keep employees, no raises. Payroll dept. is a joke. Insurance does not meet standards. Management just wants a warm body on site. Two faced managers in the district offices. 3 yrs on the job, never do it again. Don't work for this company!
Pros
Cons
Per Mar Security
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2017
Basically I would not refer this company to anyone they ate terrible so very unprofessional and the company itself never recognizes they good workers they have it is a terrible company and only wants to play 9.50 you can go any where and make more money than that easily..Please Please don't work for this company.
Pros
All bad
Cons
All bad
Long Niggts
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDSeptember 5, 2017
the job was overnight security patrol.
this particular job had potential of placing you in different states & locations. rental patrol vehicles were provided.
Very bad company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 2, 2017
Was with them only long enough to learn that they lie and cheat and abuse there people because they can't fill positions and are desparete. So they will say and do anything and make promises they know they can't keep and then your screwed in the end.
Pros
No pros come to mind
Cons
Thousands
work is easy but job doesnt pay more than normal for security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 26, 2017
easy job most are overnight watch positions that require a few walking checks and that you stay awake all night. otherwise pay is comparable to other security firms.
no advancement
Securtiy Officer (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILAugust 3, 2017
It's a horrible job I don't recommend it to anyone you're expected to work 16 hours plus without a break if your relief does not show your expected to stay until someone comes to relieve you
Cons
No breaks
Just don't get comfortable
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 31, 2017
Company was fine to work for and I loved my position, but PerMar apparently is an at will employer so job positions have NO job security. They can and WILL decide to create and eliminate positions with out notice. Doesn't matter about seniority or history. Pay is low when experienced and raises do not meet expectations. Management is shady. Benefits are average.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
No courtesy regarding longevity of service.
Security meant two different things, between myself and the company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 24, 2017
Security means diligence, awareness and preparedness. Sitting in a chair reading a magazine is not security. I did not enjoy being a fire watch only. There was no training for observational skills or any training that pertained to security.
Do not work here
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tama, IAJuly 16, 2017
Specially Per Mar in tama. The managers don't care about their workers and will have you working nonstop, while they continue to have their days off. If you do not work the hours they command (even without giving a notice) they will fire you. Not only that, but they are low life's who have nothing to do other than checkout the workers. Plus their benefits suck.
Pros
Not having to deal with them
Cons
Productive and fun work place..
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2017
I really liked working for Per Mar..Very professional company to work for...They provide paid training to become a licensed Secure Officer. The uniforms are provided. The managers are great to work for..They will listen to you if you have any concerns...
Pros
Nice people to work for.
Cons
If your replacement person can't make into work, you have to stay and work their shift, until your Supervisor can find someone else to work the shift...
Great people to work with
SECURITY SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 20, 2017
Nice family oriented team. Easy to work with. Flexible with many opportunities and shifts. Pay varies with accounts but they try to match your pay needs with accounts that pay close to or just as much as desired when possible.
Great Company
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 18, 2017
Ive been there for almost 5 years nkw, All the jobs ive worked and all the things ive done in life i strongly reccomend working for these guys. Its a great company very down to earth. The pay may not be as great and you may have to work extra hours but, what job doesnt. Its a great group of people to work with. Couldnt ask for a better job ever. I highly reccomend applying if you are looking for hours or money they work well arround schedules and availibilities if needed!
Pros
Great group of people and Management
Cons
The jobs are based on contracts not too bad tho
they hired anyone
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJune 1, 2017
Per-mar is a small family owned company. There security officer division was small. they only payed 9.00 hr and got what they payed for most of the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Per Mar Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8