Per Mar Security Services

Per Mar Security Services Employer Reviews

Potentially the Perfect Job
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 4, 2014
As the Operations Manager, we had the UW Athletics contract and the result was I supervised all security operations for Camp Randall Football Stadium, Madison's Ironman Triathlon, and Madison's Rhythm & Booms 4th of July Event. I also enjoyed traveling to all my sites across the state and checking in with all the site supervisors under my wing.
never had a problem with anything or anybody just did my job.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Prentice, WIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i liked the job of security.
Good company to work for always got paid for my time no complaints. I enjoyed working with people and management. I care about people and like to protect them and clients property were those people have jobs. Flexible schedule.
A Very Good Employer
Human Resource Administrator/Coordinator (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, potential bonus, helpful office staff.
Cons: bitter coworkers, lower than average pay (depending on location).
GUARD/OFFICER REVIEW: Per Mar has been a great company to work for. I see many complaints from guard positions, which I can understand. What most guards don't understand is that the pay they receive is based exactly on what the client pays for service; and the difference is nowhere near as much as upset previously employees what you to think. I can – more... tell you that for an entry level position you can't expect much in the pay department, but anyone should know that, and that pay really does reflect duties expected. Our clients do understand that when they pay us very little that they are going to get exactly what they pay for, and a lot of times it does mean just a temporary job for many people. Its too often you hear complaints from people who took an entry level position that had no real requirements that they are underpaid, but you have to understand that the position you accepted involved little responsibility.

OFFICE/HR REVIEW: After being with the company for some time (and depending on what are you live in), advancement is always a possibility. You have to be willing to work hard to get somewhere, which most you hear from on here that complain were not those people. Management can be a mixed bag again depending on where you are, but this is why Per Mar instates the 'chain of command' policy to bypass a supervisor that may not be handling things correctly, it just seems that most are too lazy to do anything and just settle on something that upsets them. For being an office and salary position the pay is a little lower than average compared to similar positions. The hardest part of an office position would be the number of calls received while off hours or out of the office; being that most sites you manager go on 24 hours a day, you are still to handle any situations at all hours. – less
Fun place to work w/ potential to grow! Everyone works as a team!
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), ILSeptember 18, 2014
Great place to work. Employees get the support they need from the corporate HQs and elsewhere as needed. It's truly great working for such a fast growing family business that has won several awards and has been around for over 60 years! At Per Mar we work as a team to accomplish the goals of the business.
Bad Managers
Service Technician (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management sucks
When I first start it was ok. As soon as I was on my own everything changed. They lie and always putting you down. Saying you messed and never really training you.
Un-explainable ... demeaning, petty-controll, exploiting of employees.
Tech (Current Employee), Eau Claire WISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: yes i am a pro
Cons: yes per mar is a con...
Expect to start at 1/2 of the regions average wage for electronic service tech jobs, and little to no opportunity for advancement.
Management is WOW,,,, WHAT THE!!!!!!! unbelievable! fill in the rest!
Inconsistant, inconsiderate scheduling of hours.

YOU ARE PAID $0.44 /hour on call. WHAT's that? you ask!
Every 3 weeks you get to be on call 16hrs a – more... day(24hours on weekends and Holidays) for 7 days, on top of working your regular 8 hour day. you get calls all hours of the night and morning 11pm 1am 2am 3am 4 am 5am mulitiple, 3-10 calls a night or more. these after hour ON-Call Service Calls may take hours, then you have to go to your regular shift and be a happy camper.. THAT RIGHT 44cents per hour for 16 hours a day 7 days you get to be on call, cheerfully servicing their customers for PER MAR PROFIT, at 44 cents per hour. this really works out to $50 for 7 nights 24 and 16hour shifts=$50.00 (fifty dollars)
The best part of on-call...(NOT) you don't get paid your $50. when you work it. PerMar holds your pay..! Yep. You could get it on your regular check without taking a big tax bite out the meanial pay, NO... you get it as a lump sum...(GET THIS --- YOU RECEIVE YOUR PAY FOR ON-CALL AS A CHRISTMAS OR ANNUAL BONUS)
Management enjoys spending and WASTING money but can't see it reasonable to compensate the technicians which keep the companies blood flowing.
A typical day at work could be but isn't self rewarding
I have learned .......... nothing, and that management bites!
Many of the co-workers are lessor than pleasant to work with.
the hardest part of the job is biting your lip.
the most enjoyable part of the job is getting home at night, when not on call.
This company ranks up high in the top of the SOUR CREAM of the crop. – less
Family-oriented culture; positive environment
HR Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: team building
Great place to work - team-oriented; good pay; fun coworkers
Great place to start off
Security Guard (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2014
Cons: health care plan, over time limit
Depending on what cite I'm requested at everyday is different but overall a contract great companies.
Low Low Low Pay
Security Officer (Current Employee), New HavenJuly 10, 2014
Pros: easy work, good work hours
Cons: pay, benefits, no advancement. no communication from management. managers for themselves only.
Easy work ideal for a retired person, You will not survive or be able to pay your bills with this job only. Company is customer driven not employee driven. Insurance does not meet the Affordable Health Care Act's standards
Work place was constantly changing and hours worked were not consistent.
Security officer (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 7, 2014
You go where ever they needed people to secure the perimiter.
Sorta pays the bills.
Fire System Inspector/Service Director (Current Employee), Loves Park, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: holidays and weekends off.
Cons: health insurance is a joke.
Well sense I currently work here I wont be throwing myself under any buses so Ill say this...lacks structure and leaders.
interesting work places
Private Security Instructor (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIMay 24, 2014
Pros: free entertainment - meeting artists, actors, etc..
Securing people, places, and things is the typical day.
Great management staff and co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interesting people and place you get to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMay 22, 2014
12 hour work-shift
A Lot of overtime offered
flexible with shifts
Typical Security job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMay 14, 2014
Pros: easy.
Cons: boring
Dead end job, no room for advancement. Poor management. Low pay.
Per Mar Security
Security Guard (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMay 12, 2014
Pros: meeting lots of different clients and people.
Cons: management, pay & uniforms
Not a bad job to get that doesn't require a whole lot of skill. They really need to get better wages there so that the turn over rate isn't so high. Management needs work, and they "definitely" need to update their uniforms!
Productive And Fun Workplace
Event Security Officer (Former Employee), West Allis, WIMay 6, 2014
Working At This Company Is Productive And Fun Workplace With
Live Entertaiment At Time. The CO-Worker Are Great To Work With.
Not a great workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 29, 2014
Bad hours no room for advancement no pay raises no pto bad insurance horrible starting pay.
mellow place to work, not really friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, IAApril 11, 2014
Pros: great christmas bonus, good insurance. long breaks
Cons: not life balancing, very stricpolicyt attendance
I handled incoming calls form our customers who needed to make changes on their accounts for their security system. I also handled billing questions and processed payments to customer accounts.
The Watch of the Night
Security Guard (Former Employee), Auburn, ILMarch 28, 2014
Ensured the building and items were secure. Each hour I did my rounds to make sure the building was still locked and valuable items were secured. Filed reports regarding the shift and monitored security cameras throughout the night.
Got along with my co-workers, mostly enjoyed my job.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Burlington, IAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: provided uniforms, made improvements in our working quarters
Cons: sometimes equipment didn't function properly.
I enjoyed working for Per Mar, mostly. It was a steady job, I knew what to do, and was kept informed of anything new.

1 2 3