Perdue Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Good job with good benefits
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEAugust 6, 2016
For the most part routine work. Cleaning the production line for USDA approval in a timely manner before the morning shift starts. I really learned how to work with others and how to become a team in order to get the job done successfully. Management has been fair for me. There was a time when I had to leave early because my fiances needed the car in order to be to work on time and they made accommadtions. My co-workers an I all work together as a team, My hardest part of the job is passing USDA and the most enjoyable part of the job is finishing my work on time.
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
Travel is too far from home.
Overall Rating
Debone Single Layer (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 12, 2016
The hardest part of my job, when I first started at Perdue was standing on my feet all day for 10 hours, when they call you for an interview they asked ;' are you willing to stand for 8 hours a day"? an di replied yes, because that's a trick they do not have 8 hour shifts....but I overall I like my job its not too hard nor too easy, its just right for m, but I have 3 small kids that need a little more of time, especially without an support system to help me them while I'm at work...Family is everything though!!!
benefits
Cons
being away from your kids literally all dayn 6 days a week
my experiences
debone (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 19, 2016
My experience here was probably one of the worst positions I have worked. under paid and overworked. I love working fast paced positions 100% but this company overworked their people so much that by the time I left there was half the people in my department compaired to when I started. The management don't know how to operate properly. I do not recommend to anyone.
Pros
401 k dollar for dollar
Cons
alot
work place
1st Process Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 5, 2016
condition hard, good team members, management completely out of the loop of their assignment in maintenance
working time is not good, to many hours and not enough support, little to no advanced understand of electrical / instrumentation process, no training on process, little or no process understanding or any attempt to train and review system
I love making people smile!
QA INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCMay 16, 2016
When we come work together we have so much fun!
I learned a whole lot about salmonella and how bacteria grows in warm temperatures
My co workers can be a bit challenging
The hardest part on the job when don't work together and try to stabb each other in the back
The most enjoyable part is making sure our product does get adultrate and every part of the chicken gets on our dinner table!!!!!! I started september 6.2000 And still here!
Fun but rough work environment, Def a learneing curve.
Weight Label Package Processor (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEMay 24, 2016
Perdue is a rough place to work but you have to be very determined. A typical day is carrying out customers orders of chicken for businesses that the businesses have ordered. Management could be set up a little better but the co workers tend to be very friendly and want to accomplish the same broad goal which is to get the product to the customers that ordered the chicken. The hardest part the job is the environment of the department I worked in and trying to be on your feet moving at the pace the management wants you to move at to get the chicken out in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part about this job is being able to know at the end of the day you did not give up or give in and all the customers orders for that day have been filled and are on the way.
It needs to be a different management team
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCApril 17, 2016
The work is terrible. The management team is horrible. It's all about who you know, you can work for ten years and still be looked at like a kid coming outta high shool working his first job. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here unless you bout to be homeless!! It's that bad. They don't care about you at all. To be honest it's modern day slavery.
Pros
Clocking out to go home! Getting paid every week
Cons
Management team
not a fun place
Quality Control/vaccine Mixer (Current Employee) –  Candor, NCApril 9, 2016
My day typically starts at 430 in morning and will continue until job is finished . If we have problems that means we stay longer.most of time I finish around 400. We have changed management so they are new and have new ways.The hardest thing is hours and the job itself.
We have good co-workers but there is a lot of favoritism there.
Pros
off everyother week-end
Cons
no advances, little raises, work most holidays
fast pace non-stressful work environment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NCApril 18, 2016
A typical day at Perdue Farms includes first making sure your at work on time ready at your station to work. I have learned how to work fast and diligent in completing all my packing task in my department. Majority of my co-workers are in my age bracket therefore its easy to communicate and interact with them in order to get the job done. To me the hardest part about my job is just maintaining the quickness u have to have when stacking off because if u fall behind for one second it could be a disaster. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is just the environment, its not too hostile and once u get down the basics of the job it becomes easier and easier everyday even though you working at a very fast pace.
Pros
occurrence system
Cons
breaks are normally shorter than other companies
Bad place to work!!! Lewiston nc
Evis (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NCApril 1, 2016
I don't recommend no one to work or buy chicken from perdue... I worked there 6months and they don't care nothing about you... All they care about is the chickens.. But answer this" u can't process the chickens without any HELP right? So I think u should care about your workers just as well as the work they preforming... The supervisors use there authority to advantage.. I done hade to call coparate 2 times and nothing was done.. This is a BAD BAD BAD place to work!!! Its a set up for failure!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
they dont care about ur health, short breaks, coparate dosent handle things accordingly!!!
Fast-paced environment, easy to move up, teamwork atmosphere
Safety/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEApril 16, 2016
Cold: 30-45 degree temps
Keep track of floors and watch out for the safety of the department
Oversee new-hires
Teamwork
Filing paperwork

Dealing with long hours is difficult because of an unknown time we get off
Pros
benefits, long hours, positive associates
Cons
No ending shift time, low pay rate for amount of work/work conditions
work enviroment safe
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJuly 11, 2016
lots of people lots of attitude dealing with customers is a handful but it makes you a better person. I really like perdue but it was a third shift job and I have a little girl that's about to start school that's why I left and currently looking for employment
Cons
we have 2 30 minute breaks
A warehouse experience
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAMarch 22, 2016
Working at Perdue was an experience that I think was necessary for me. Working there taught me warehouse work isn't for everyone and having management that don't really care for you as a person really brought perspective to the situations that they put me in. A day there would be about trying to stay warm for up to 13 hours a day, co-workers that didn't help each other out, and management that wrote people up for insignificant reasons.
Pros
only worked three days a week
Cons
the management
Great pay, no home life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, INApril 24, 2016
The pay isn't bad, just don't have a home life. Technology is behind and orders just keep increasing. You will find yourself working a lot of weekends while your upper management is at home with family or out playing golf with other upper management.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lots expected of you, bad technology, too many orders
Fun and loving workplace
Hanger whole Birds (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAMay 9, 2016
While I was there I got to know a lot about the good quality of food. If you want to good food then you make sure everything is correct and look good and taste good. I also learn to keep things clean and neat this make your work area more workable.
Pros
pay lunch
Cons
We had 30 min breaks
Hands on work have to be able to lift 50 plus pounds.
Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Prince George, VAAugust 5, 2016
Consistent work. Involves walking and standing for long periods of time. There needs to be more communication between employees and higher authorities.
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
No good benefits, lack of communication
No balance
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCFebruary 17, 2016
Perdue provides the most stable income for the surrounding counties. The company offers good benefits such as medical, vision, and dental. They have a medical office on site to provide the associates with health services. However, I feel as though the main agenda of company is to get the product out as fast as possible. The long hours and six day work weeks prove to be a toll on family and relationships. It's hard to balance the two. The management team are riding the workers back and come across uncaring and cold. We are not robots but people who are trying to provide for ourselves. Treat everyone fairly and equally.
Benefits
Cons
Very productive and challening place of business
Inspector Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Starting at 5:24 working closely with an USDA Food inspector to increase learning ability towards diseased birds, under the supervision of great management I strictly follow plant rules and regulations. Sharing an eight hr. workday with different co-workers is difficult at times but I handle it well. The hardest part of my job is getting up at 4am because I live an hr. away but the most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things.
nice company to work for
Trainee Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 1, 2016
Perdue was a family oriented company they cared about their employees and their employees well being. They would work with employees on personal matters and the pay was great
Pros
paychecks some of management
Cons
breaks
Highly structured environment
Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJuly 19, 2016
The plant runs like a sewing machine with employees working tremendously hard to keep it that way. It has a very well organized system.
Pros
Great operational blueprint. Hard working employees.