Perdue Farms, Inc.

Perdue Farms, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Laid back enviroment
QA (Quality Assurance Agent) (Current Employee), Dillon, SCApril 11, 2015
The Perdue Hatchery is a good place to work if your looking for a more laid back environment. There aren't really no strict time schedules, just as long as you get your work done management doesn't care. I don't much care for the assistant manager that much, he doesn't have any respect when talking to anyone.
Great pay, not so great benefits
Factory Line Worker, Machinist (Former Employee), Washington, INApril 10, 2015
The benefits werent great they hardly cover anything medical. The pay was very good and you could advance fast. The staff was so/so but alot of the management was great.
the job has paid the bill and allowed me to have a good life ,it has also been hard the feet and knees.
Laborer (Current Employee), Perry, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good trips, lots of vocation
Cons: short breaks, monthly pay
My day out preparing for breakfast,making grits,biscuits pizza,eggs and other breakfast foods,setting up the serving area so the students can be served. After breakfast was a small break before starting to prepare for the lunch meal. I learn some baking skills, some salad dressing skill, how to prepare vegetable and fruit for a thousand people at a time.I learn how put the daily paperwork in the computer. I learn to work with my co-workers to get the work done in reasonable time .the hardest part of my job was stocking the stockroom and freezer and cooler.I most enjoyed going on trip for the school distinct.
Hardworking reliable individual
GeneralLaborer (Former Employee), Hurlock, MDApril 7, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: extremly hard and a lot of work
Hardworking serious environment with able co-workers and good management. hardest part was there wasn't enough people work so it stressed out other workers. The most enjoyable part was its stability
Demanding labor while being part of a team
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Milford, DEApril 6, 2015
Pros: Discounts on chicken and working with others
Cons: Freezing temperatures
A typical day involved preparing orders of mass quantities of chicken in large freezers for shipping to various stores in the area. I worked well with co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the freezing temperature, and working with others was the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
line lead
Line Lead (Former Employee), Monterey, TNApril 3, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the respect i got from the workers
Cons: the cold, blowers blowing cold air at you all day.
maintained food safety, work safety. packed out product per specks.watched and maintained the line.learned how to have workers respect me to work harder.
ok place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee), Perry, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: healthcare
typical day at perdue consist of working in a cold environment
i learned teamwork,how to communicate effectively co workers were ok. hardest part of the job really nothing managment sucked...most enjoyable part was clocking out going home
Production Line Leader (Current Employee), Lewiston, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Bonus check, meal tickets
Cons: short breaks, pay rate
On a typical day at work I trim boneless chicken breast on a assembly line making sure the bones, blood, and fat is cut off the meat. I also run the machine time to time making sure meat is place right in trays and the go through the packing process. I work on the line with 10 people. The most enjoyable part about work is that everyone works as a team and get along.
cold and wet
Breast Trimmer (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, health benefits
Cons: The supervisor had their picks of which employees they licked the best.
Its an ok job not the best by far. It requires a lot of really wanting to work there to survive in some departments because of the cold weather.
pay
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), prince goegre va.March 25, 2015
pay can be better overall and pay raises. Maint. program is good and you work in areas that are cool and freezer is cold, like the cash sales for chicken.
nice enviromnment to work
Machine/ Scale Operator (Current Employee), Dillon, SCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: off on weekends
Cons: I work in the cold.
I like this job, because you are busy the entire time. Everyone is great to be around and work around. The best thing I like is being off on the weekends so I can play ball.
Great hard working people
Laborer (Former Employee), One of many, all the sameMarch 23, 2015
Pros: family culture/privately held
Cons: cheap on raises
Good company overall. Perdue for me is a company that makes great products. I learned to be proactive in the job, you have to be seen as an associate that provides value in operations. Regardless of how hard you work, if they don't see it you'll get cut. The management at Perdue is better than it was when I started there. Not sure what the future holds.
I enjoyed working at Perdue
Production Worker (Former Employee), Perry, GAMarch 20, 2015
I mixed seasons into the chicken and packaged them to be shipped to chick-fila.I worked overnight. the hardest part of my job was the cleanup.
Work no Life
Deboner (Current Employee), Perry, GAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: low pay rate, lack of management, lack of training, lack of personal time
This company is definitely for someone who has no family or isn't in school. There is little time to do almost anything outside of the job. They notify you at the very last minute that you will be working late or on the weekends. The turn around rate (how fast people are hired/fired/quit) is extremely high because they barely train you and they expect you to dive right into something you've never done before. The hiring process is ridiculous-they walk you around the company for four hours (no pay) then you must wait for a supervisor to interview you which takes another two-three hours. The start pay is close to minimum wage (9.00/hr). However, it is a great job to get on your feet because you will get all the hours you need.
Get the job done!
Deboner (Former Employee), Dillon, SCMarch 15, 2015
Everyday was the same at this company same duties for hours at a time it was not the best. I felt there was no place to advance in this company and the only concern they had was that the work got done.
great
Meat cutter (Current Employee), Perry, GAMarch 13, 2015
co workers are great to get along with. the management team could b a little better. I lean new things everyday about perdue farms
fast, friendly setting
Trimmer (Current Employee), Woodville, N.C.March 12, 2015
Pros: overtime is optional, healthcare, wellness center on site
Cons: short breaks, cold atmosphere
A typical day at work is fast pace and steady for 8 or 10 hour shifts. I've learned to stay consistent at Perdue Farms Inc. I have daily contact with my team leader and supervisor. We talk often about how we as a team can improve productivity. The hardest part of the job is driving one hour to get there. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with friendly people and working in a fast pace setting.
A daily headache
Pallet Jack Driver (Current Employee), Lewiston, NCMarch 7, 2015
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: outgrages prices for food, heavy work load
Perdue Farms is a headache as a pallet jack driver there is no since of being organized they give you equipment that halfs way and expect you get the job done regardless. There's a since of favors among supervisors and there no set time of getting and the work load is to much for one person
Time being job
General Laborer (Current Employee), Perry, GAMarch 6, 2015
No room to make higher pay due to they dnt give raises after 6 months on the job. Hard to getoff and you get in trouble if your sick or your children sick
Great Company
Associate Relations Clerk/ Safety Clerk (Current Employee), Perry, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: growth
Cons: people not wanting you to grow
I have worked in many facets of the comapny and it is a good company to work and grow with. If you work hard and show ways to improve the company, they will make a place for you to grow.

1 2 3 4 5

About Perdue Farms, Inc.

Chickens are always on the menu at this company. Perdue Incorporated is one of the largest poultry (chicken and turkey)┬áproducers – Read more

Perdue Farms, Inc. Photos