Perdue Farms, Inc.

Perdue Farms, Inc. Employer Reviews

this place is a joke
general laborer (Current Employee), Cromwell, KYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: insurance, diversity
Cons: wages, management, morale, no future
This place is a joke. This is a good company to work for if you just need a job. This place will hire anyone. You don't even have to speak English. That's exactly what this company wants though because they don't want the place to have a voice. They don't even do background checks so felons are encouraged to apply. Management will lie to you in your – more... face and they wonder why they can't keep anyone. The turnover rate is awful. They hire at least 20 people every week. Wages are low but the insurance is decent. The place is diverse so that's a plus. This is a place to work at temporarily until you're able to find something better. – less
PRODUCTION CHICKEN PLANT
MARINATION TECH (Former Employee), Perry, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great insurace and health coverage
Cons: no union, no raises
I LEARNED A LOT FROM THIS JOB, FROM HOW TO LEAD, TAKE ORDERS AND ALSO TRAIN NEW EMPLOYEES. I LEARNED HOW TO MULTITASK IN BETWEEN PAPER WORK AND RUNNING A PRODUCTION LINE. I LIKE THE FEELING OF RESPONSIBILITY. I LEARNED TO HANDLE IT WELL.
Great experience and skills gained working at Perdue Farms.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Concord, NCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the benefits and guaranteed hours
Cons: long shifts
A typical day at work includes clocking in at 5 a.m-4 p.m.
I learned how to work in a productive enviroment. Many skills I aquired such as scanning and invetory. Usage of pallet jack and Forklift. My co-workers and I became co-dependent in order to fulfill our goals many rekationships were gained in the work place as well as after work. The hardest – more... part of the job was adapting to the long hours. Yhe most enjoyable part of my job was working for a company tgat was well known and loved and being able to make products that lived up to the companies name. – less
You can start by setting up the table, start the game ,play the game, close the table ,and come back the next day and start agan!
SR Boiler Technician (Former Employee), Lewiston, NCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: you can an will save money.
Cons: just not !good to eat fast
A typical day was ,Getting to work at 7 AM ,Make rounds checking out the boiler system . I leaned that being safe is first ! Always look out for co-workers . I had a great management team. The hardest part of the job was getting there. Most enjoyable part was being with co-workers
Productive Workplace
General Laborer/PPI Machine Operator (Former Employee), Perry, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: hardwork
Cons: all the benefits they have.
Overall the job was a goo job but everything was about business getting to work on time so that we can keep the show going.
Fast paced technical working environment
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Milford, DEAugust 20, 2014
Great people good oppurtunities on the edge of changing the industry.
A Professional Work Experience with the joys of the holidays
Live Hang/ Re-kill (Former Employee), Milford, DEAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free holiday lunches.paid holidays.medical
Cons: hrs get cut back during winter season and spring. type of work tears body down slowly.
-hang 27 birds per min, re kill a bird about ever 5 seconds, or dumping cages of birds about 1 cage every 60 seconds
Fun place to work
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough hours
Very caring staff members. Learned how to bake, check in stock, helped with catering
What I learn from the job
Production Line Worker (Current Employee), Accomac, VAJuly 30, 2014
I learn a lot from the job. I enjoy working and meeting new people
perdue farms
injection (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 22, 2014
i like to work at perdue cause it a great company to work for and the coworkers are very nice and the bosses is very nice and great personality and understanding and confrontible place to b at and have great bennetfits..
Very Physical work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCJuly 16, 2014
Very physical job but wasnt hard to do. Very cold environment but safe.
Wonderful work!
Machine operator (Former Employee), Perry, GAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great work!
Cons: demanding work!
Wonderful place to be and wonderful people to work with. An overall great experience.
It's a job! I can't complain!
certified trimmer (Current Employee), Dillon, SCJuly 13, 2014
Perdue Farms is an ok place to work. I start work at 8:05am til 5pm or 5:30pm. I am a certified trimmer. I remove bones, cartilage, fat, skin, and blood from breast meat. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep my scissors sharp all day long. My co-workers are great, wonderful individuals and I enjoy working with them. I cannot complain because – more... at least I am working. It could be the other way around. – less
Different Kids
PACKER (Former Employee), Perry GaJuly 2, 2014
Teaching the different kids, and helping them with ABCs and 123s.
Good work
Unloader (Former Employee), Prince George, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: the pay was great
Cons: the cold
Well beside it being cold everyday at Perdue it was a very good working place. My co-workers were very helpful at times. Hardest about the job was the cold weather we worked in. Best part about the job is when we got paid.
Productive when u have enough people and no one is acting like they are in high school
packaging (Current Employee), Perry, GAJune 28, 2014
Pros: allowed ot. paid weekly. good benefits. promote from within the company.
Cons: short breaks. usually 6 days a week. cold and smells
I am very content with my job I've gotten a lot stronger from the work and most of the higher up like supervisors and superintendents love me but if you aren't a hard worker don't bother applying deffinatly not a job for lazy people.
good job for a brown noser.
maintenance (Former Employee), perry ,ga.June 24, 2014
Pros: ssteady money
Cons: mmanagement not people or family friendly
Workers are great,maintenance manager,was a sneaky slime ball.9year employee fired over a insecure supervisor telling a bold faced lie and acting it out.
If you ain't a brown noser stay away.notice all requirements.they will manipulate wording when money is involved.
Chicken prices good when offered,and not rotten.
Never a full weekend off.allowed two – more... scheduled off days a year.
Money was always.there.stress was too.always be ready to cover your butt. – less
Enjoyed working for Perdue Farms
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 23, 2014
Cons: good healthcare
In the department that I worked, it was a constant learning platform and the management wanted to ensure that everyone that wanted to be promoted was ready. I do not like that almost everyone is paid the same not matter the experience or sonority.
Hardworking and Fun Workplace
Sanitation worker (Former Employee), Lewiston, NCJune 23, 2014
Simple you work hard, get the job done and it was all like family & Good times
a very good learning oppitunty but ify advancement and security
CLASS A MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Perry, GAJune 23, 2014
Pros: decent benfits
Cons: no job security when product sales are low
at processing plant job security is driven by sales . advancement and job security is ify

1 2 3 4 5

About Perdue Farms, Inc.

Chickens are always on the menu at this company. Perdue Incorporated is one of the largest poultry (chicken and turkey)┬áproducers – Read more

Perdue Farms, Inc. Photos