Perdue Farms, Inc.

Perdue Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great work place
Chiller Operator (Former Employee), Lewiston Woodville, NCJuly 3, 2015
Great atmosphere and a lot of fun and knowledgeable people. A place where when your there your family on a associate level with coworker who want everyone to succeed
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee), Lewiston, NCJune 29, 2015
Operated forklift to stack pallets and boxes. Operated production machines to ensure proper use. Examination of product to ensure the final product met stringent standards. Ensure adequate allocation of resources to support the establishment, implementation, maintenance and improvements. Plan and provide relevant training and education to the team members on a regular basis. Responsible for establishing, implementing, and directing quality control and food safety efforts to ensure that requirements for processing components and other materials into finished goods and products conform to quality standards. Lead and supported the achievement of plant operations food safety and quality goals.
Fun and productive plant to work at.
Processing Superintendent (Former Employee), Rockingham NCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Gained knowledge from this facility.
Cons: Some depts had power struggles.
A typical day would be productive and I learned how to process chickens is a productive way. I learned a lot about quality from this facility. My coworkers were very easy going. The managers were very supportive. I enjoyed the learning experience.
perdue is a good job
Packer (Current Employee), Milford, DEJune 28, 2015
i think perdue is a good job because its respectful and i like the way it pays a good salary. i learned that i needed a lot of strength for this job. my co-workers work very well and keep me motivated in this job.
Good Benefits
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Life Balance
Perdue is a good place to work. Management is descent the only bad part about Perdue they want you to work 7 days on short notice until further notice.
Descent Place to Work
Meat Prep (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Workplace is fun
Cons: No Opportunity to move up in the company
The actual workplace is good and fun to work. The bad part about working at Perdue is they give you little to short notice about you working 7 days and management is terrible.
A long days work
Tray Pack (Former Employee), Milford, DEJune 25, 2015
A typical days work was no joke. I can't say that it was hard work but you had to be very fast at what you do. I learned how to work on a production line and pack raw chicken on a tray. The managers were tough and sometimes cruel. The people that I worked with barely knew English and always spoke a different language which sometimes made me feel a little uncomfortable. I'm really going to be honest the best part of the day was getting off and going home to my kids,
fun work place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), VAJune 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches for doing a good job
Cons: breaks was to short
I love driving forklift and being a back up jockey driver, i also loved the hours that i was working. The managers was ok to a certain point. my co workers was fun to work with. the hardest part of my job was running the forklift fast and hard to keep line full of live chickens,
Production worker (Former Employee), Perry, GAJune 22, 2015
it was a great experience i learned alot like stacking boxes on pallets and how to operate riding jack. i enjoy the pay every week also
If you like working in the cold, this place is for you.
Deboner (Former Employee), Lewiston Woodville, NCJune 19, 2015
Pros: Great Pays and benefits
Cons: Cold Weather
Working at Perdue was ok. First, You work in the cold so you will always got to wear heavy clothes. Second, I was a deboner, I was cutting chicken and hens. I dislike it cause i always got sick. Third, of course is the PAY! The PAY is GREAT. They start you off at $10 or $11. its great!
its a job
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Milford, DEJune 18, 2015
Cons: Not enough money
worked for Purdue for 5 years. enjoyed working in Eviceration. People are friendly. Superviors are understanding and friendly
A typical day in a chicken plant
Pouch Loader/Packer (Current Employee), Accomac, VaJune 11, 2015
Go in early and get off late, management is ok, but they expect a lot out of you, very cold at times, you might get use to it, i was only there for a year and moved up to a back up line leader, co workers are ok, the hardest part of the job is the coldest and long hours, mostly weekends are included, the most enjoyable part of the job, is good pay!
Great Job to have
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Perry, GAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
the typical day is when everything runs smooth
i've learned to operate prodution machines
there are good dependable workers
the hardest part of the job is when the macines act up not adjusted properly
the enjoyable part is toward the end of shift
Productive Workplace
Trimmer (Former Employee), Lewiston NCMay 29, 2015
Had a brief meeting every morning, discussing the things from the previous day. I cut the chicken, loaded the line, and I packed the meat. Something that was challenging about the job was when the meat got backed up it was a challenge to get caught up but I did in a timely manner.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 26, 2015
"I've worked for Perdue Farms for just over seven months. They are a good company overall. There is a great work atmosphere with my co-workers that I truly enjoy."
chicken chicken and more chicken
Quality Technician (Former Employee), perry gaMay 22, 2015
Pros: moving up in the company
Cons: sick due to hot and cold unconsistancy
The job description consist of walking to timed checks. quality and control. it stayed pretty much cold then hot due to the cook side and cold side were side by side.
Poor Leadership
Continuous Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Accomac, VAMay 19, 2015
There are some good people there that truly care about the employees, but management does not know how to treat the associates.
no social life constantly working and sleeping
WPL (Former Employee), Milford, DEMay 19, 2015
Pros: nice paychecks
Cons: everything else
i came to perdue with a positive mindset and after working an 18 hour shift that was it for me. i would not recommend working here unless you have no life.
great work place
productin worker (Current Employee), Perry, GaMay 19, 2015
Perdue is a steady work place, they strive to meet goal of production daily. The supervisors are very friendly and caring, what I enjoy about my job is that its a fast paced steady work place. everyone is like a family
Promotional Opportunities
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Perry, GAMay 14, 2015
Working hard always pays off at Perdue! If you do well you will definitely grow past a entry level position. After six months of employment you could be a supervisor over a department.

1 2 3 4 5

About Perdue Farms, Inc.

Chickens are always on the menu at this company. Perdue Incorporated is one of the largest poultry (chicken and turkey)┬áproducers – Read more

Perdue Farms, Inc. Salaries