Perdue Farms Inc

Perdue Farms Inc United States Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Laborer, Stock, Material Movers, Sanitation (Former Employee), Lewiston Woodville, NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: short breaks
Everyday at work was great. I met a lot of new people and learned things that i never knew before. My supervisor said i was one of his best workers.The hardest part of the job was not wanting to leave when my shift was over because i love to work. My co-workers said i made their job easier because i'm a great team player.
Hard-work & Dedication
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee), Georgetown, DEApril 21, 2015
I acquired many skills I carry with me today from Perdue. My supervisor there was very helpful and understanding, an always told me knowledge is power when I asked about learning new things "GO for it" she said. Those words are with me everyday.
a learning environment
Box maker (Former Employee), Perry, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: off on weekends and overtime was a plus
Cons: no raises
I worked overnight in the box. I liked it. Co-workers were respectful. Management up & down. I hate when the machines brokedown, The job wasn't hard just constant. I've learned how to operate a machine.
Liked the job and people
Sanitation Lead (Former Employee), monterey TNMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: Too many consecutive days without a break
typically fast going but seven days a week takes it s toll on ya. Management was good co workers good too. nothing hard about the job and was overall fun place to work. Just needed time to balance out family life with work life
Productive Workplace
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee), Prince George, VAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Great Co workers
Cons: Cold Environment
A typical day at Perdue Farms consist of making our customers happy with every item that's ordered. I've learned so many skills from working there, such as great team work , communication skills, delightful attitude , and great work ethnics.
Good benefits and positive enviroment
Maintenance (Former Employee), Dillon, South CarolinaJanuary 9, 2015
A good place to work with good benefits. Expanded my knowledge and my education about maintenance. Decent co-workers and management.
Productive and a good place for employment.
Pallet Jack Driver (Former Employee), Perry, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: short breaks go by to fast
Just cold inside and you must bundle up I learned a lot for one I learned how to operate a machine and drive a pallet jack, good people to get along with but the hardest part was it was a fast pace job and at times it was difficult to keep up.
Fast paced and fun work enviroment.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Bridgewater, VADecember 17, 2014
-Brought raw product to production line with use of pallet jacks.
-Packaged product into correct container or boxes per company regulations.
-Weighed products and placed shipping labels in proper location and moved packaged product to proper storage location.
An interesting time consuming experience.
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Concord, NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: learned what it meant to get my hands dirty and work from the bottom up.
Cons: the work pace was a bit slow, and time management was not as important as i expect it to be.
I cross trained on all aspects of the job. From operation of heavy machinery to paper work and USDA procedures. It was a pleasant experience the people are very family oriented and the work day was laborious but extremely fun something new to learn on a daily basis. I appreciate this work experience the most out of all my experiences.
not for everyone
Productionist (Former Employee), Washington, INOctober 22, 2014
repetitive with dangerous machinery and you work in the cold
fun workplace, great employees
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Dothan, ALOctober 6, 2014
Pros: time off, free meals, employees
tthis was one of the best places i have ever worked for. the managment here was great. they always made sure their employees was taking care. i hate that they sold out to Wayne Farms.
Fun and enlightening
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Dillon, SCOctober 1, 2014
I started my maintenance career with Perdue. I was unknowledged in the field and learned some great things there
Exciting
Retail Cashier, Cashiers (Former Employee), Washington, IndianaSeptember 15, 2014
Burgers & Sausage, the job entailed working a line, packing boxes. Had the best manager to work for, coworkers were great. Learned to operate mixer. Nothing hard about the job.
it's an okay place
Loader (Former Employee), Dillon, SCSeptember 6, 2014
it's an okay place to work. It was the average job with low to average wages.
Productive and fun work place,loved it!
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Perry, GAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great atmosphere, management, co-workers..etc.
Cons: it can take awhile to get used to the cold temperature, that is all.
Everybody was always so friendly and helpful. I was able to move to other departments to help out and learn new positions. The best company i have worked for, by far!
Overall a good company to work for.
out/Turkey Meat Prep& Pack out Team Lead (Former Employee), Bridgewater, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: continuing improvement approach to management
Cons: lack of leadership
People, Product, Profit Driven. Kata Coaching is utilized. Buy-in issues from associate level. Safety conscious.
Very little pay, lots of hours, just isn't worth working at
Ground Turkey (Former Employee), Washington, INAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the work is consistant, cheap turkey meat
Cons: it pays very litte, it stinks horribly, you'll never look at a turkey the same way, raises are a pitful .10 cents
I worked night shift for a year. The job wasn't too bad, but the pay was horrible, and you can't have any kind of a life on second shift, but that's anywhere you go. A reason to stay there I can't think of one, but you do get cheap turkey meat that you can purchase.

The people there are really great people it's actually really sad to see those great people working for so little pay. Most are people's grandparents working for 10/hr or less with years of experience, and dedication. That was one of the saddest places I've ever worked at in my life.
Cashier and Demo Associate
Chucker/Back-up ABC Operator (Former Employee), Monterey, TNJuly 18, 2014
At Sams Club I started off as a demo associate and was finally able to get a position I knew more about. The job itself wasn't fairly descent. Loads of heavy lifting as a cashier considering we had to move everything from the customers carts to a new cart so we wouldn't miss scanning anything. I went through multiple managers. I enjoyable the interaction with the customers and being able to assist them.
Productive and full of activities
Bliss Machine Operator and Safety Rep (Current Employee), Milford, DEMay 2, 2014
* It is all work and work till the close of the day.
* I learned that one must keep up with the production pace.
* The management is above average
* My co-workers are wonderful. We work together as a team.
* The hardest part of the job is when the machines are constantly jamming because of bad box bodies, and our customers are waiting.
* The most enjoyable part of the job is when the machines are running well and our customers are happy.
Productive and amazing place to work.
Line Couch and a Backup Safety Rep (Current Employee), Milford, DEMay 1, 2014
I go everyday expecting to put in my best and also encourage my associates to also go with the hype of putting in their best and work as expected.
I learnt to over-come challenges. And I never see any challenge I find my self in as a problem, rather I take it as an opportunity to learn.
The management in Perdue are among the best, They understand work we go through everyday and when we need some advise, they always there to help us out.
My co-workers are the best as well,they know what to do and they execute it perfectly.
I do not see any hard part in my job, as long as you know what you are doing and how to control yourself, then the process will be okay.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my orders and making my associate happy as well

1 2 3