Perfectly Posh Employee Reviews

Dishonest and immoral company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2017
Terrible work culture. You are set up to fail at every project and job you are given. There are impossible deadlines with an overwhelming amount of work to do. Everyone is getting fired, thinking they are getting fired, or actively looking for a new job. Management will lie to the employees and Consultants about how great we are doing as a company, but in private meetings are frantically trying to come up with ways to keep our company alive. There is change just for the sake of change without any data or research behind the decisions. The CEO is a micro-manager and bullies her employees. Completely toxic work environment.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else. This is the worst company you will ever work for.
Love this Company
Pampering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2017
Perfectly Posh is an amazing company that it's goals are simply spectacular. I absolutely love my job here and love the environment that we create at work every day.
Pros
fun, best management, health benefits, dental, 401k
Cons
Required OT, hard to move up, not enough employees
Perfectly Posh
NA (Current Employee) –  UTOctober 21, 2017
- High energy staff
- High priority tasks
- Green Management in need of coaching
- Hardest part of the job is since all tasks are high priority, it can be difficult to prioritize
- There is a lot of reward for completing tasks efficiently
Pros
Front loaded PTO, cool office space
Cons
Hard to take time off, green management
great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PASeptember 11, 2017
Nice people to work for. Work days were fun and enjoyed going in every day. hardest part of the job was waiting on trucks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
long days
Not Great
Social Media Marketing (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2017
I left Perfectly Posh because the management team was at best ignorant and at worst abusive. Things are not well organized, staff of all levels is expected to work overtime as a matter of course and the leadership team treats all employees like dirt.
Pros
Free Product
Cons
Just about everything else
It was a great company
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 21, 2017
It was a really fun company. But most of the time it wasn't fun, you a lot of deadlines that you had to be done at a time. I loved their products though.
Pros
You work at home
Cons
Nothing really
easy!
Picker/Packer/Shipper/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2017
enjoyable work environment where i felt like a part of a family. Incredible management team who are motivating and dependable. wonderful times and great rewards for working hard and being productive.
Pros
free lunches, prizes, free products
Cons
never advanced as i had hoped
Nice place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMay 1, 2017
In my time there it hasn't been too bad. Clock in, go to you assigned department work until your done. Then you get to go home early if there's nothing else for you to do after that. Management is good and employees are easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunch Fridays!
Cons
Leaving early 2-3 days a week.
Great Potential, Poor Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 26, 2017
Under the right circumstances and with the right changes, Perfectly Posh has the potential to be a great company. My experience has shown me that unfortunately, the changes that need to happen to make Posh a positive place may take years.

The lack of timely decision making and constant change of direction after many milestones are hit and have been approved, causes stress for the entire company, demotivates teams, and creates a chaotic work space. This not only affects employees, but the field as well. It also creates tension between different departments and causes departments to work in silos.

Decisions are communicated to the field before departments are communicated to and departments don't have an opportunity to plan and answer questions effectively. Promises are made to the field from the top with no idea weather or not teams can execute on those promises. Very few people are allowed to make decisions when, based off of their job descriptions, they should be able to. This, in turn, gives the impression that employees are inadequate. It would be more beneficial and financially savvy to allow people to do the jobs they are paid to do.

The problem with Posh is not that things are constantly changing, the problem is there are changes with what seems to be little strategy, thought, or care. If there is strategy behind decisions, it is not communicated down. This unfortunately creates a very negative and chaotic environment. Such a waste for such a beautiful place.
Pros
The COO/CFO is great and seems to want to make a positive change, location is good, you'll meet lifelong friends, the challenges will help you grow as a professional and learn what not to do as a leader.
Cons
There is no clear delineation for roles and responsibilities, things are often harder than they need to be, various direction from different places, this causes at least one perspective to view the project as not complete or not executed properly
Fun enjoyable workplace great upper managment
Warehouse Floater/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 10, 2017
Great work place small but growing company really listens to employee opinions and ideas flexible hrs and shifts alot of paid holidays management and warehouse are on a first hand basis always
Pros
Always doin something for its employees
Cons
Benefits are not the best hrs vary often on a day 2 day basis
It Only Gets Worse
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 1, 2017
The people working here stay because no one else would hire them. There are so many completely ridiculous people running this place that you won't believe it. They're mean, petty, unhappy, and take the bullying they receive from the boss out on everyone else. I have seen so many people get yelled at. I've seen so many employees cry. I'm so miserable at this point and sick of meetings in which they make promises but nothing is real. They'll drain the life out of you. They have made so many mistakes at this point that the company is expected to go under within a year. Even if I haven't found something by then, I'll be relieved to lose this job.
Pros
Tons of cheap product that pretends it's made in USA
Cons
Everything about this place stinks
80% Turnover and Dozens of Lawsuits
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 30, 2017
You will either be fired or you'll want to quit. The CEO even fired the person who started the company with her! I cannot believe the backstabbing, lying, name calling, and general lack of loyalty this place shows to its employees. Posh's employee turnover is currently at 80% and the company will likely go bankrupt from all of its lawsuits, including a big one from Fall Out Boy (yes, seriously). Married people are having affairs with mentally ill employees/consultants, and no one even cares. It is the most bizarre work culture you will ever experience.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
No parking, no experienced managers, really disturbing convos
Fair compensation for a difficult atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2017
The corporate culture is extraordinarily poisonous. If you really enjoyed junior high, you'll love working here. In my 20 year career this is the most destructive culture I've ever experienced, and it stems directly from the CEO.
Fun place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 9, 2016
This is a fun place to work, The supervisor is very friendly and understanding. He also, gave complimentary lunch on Fridays. Free samples once a month also.
Pros
Free lunch, nice place to work.
Cons
Salary
Worst Job Of My Life
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2016
All anyone does is talks about the other companies they're trying to interview with. The only people who can make it here are people with no other options or the ones who suck up to Ann. There's a guy in the art dept who doesn't do a thing but everyone says the CEO keeps him around because he goes to lunch with her. No one likes her but everyone fakes it. HR is another joke. None of these people ever even worked in HR before. One of them sells balloons and taffy online! But that will make more sense once you start here and realize this place is a circus.
Pros
Junk food (but you'll get fat like the rest of us)
Cons
Work holidays, no professionals, awkward Mormon culture, and constant firings
Put orders into boxes, scan the boxes, print labels, put labels on the boxes, and the boxes are ready to be shipped to the consultants.
Picker/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2016
It was fun being part of a company that loves and helps their employees. Working everyday was new and always challenging. I learned new things everyday. It was fun working with my managers and co-workers. We got a long really well. We all worked together as a team and have gotten a lot of orders out in a timely manner.
Unbelievably bad managment skill leading the employes to a dead.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 3, 2016
For the most part the employees are decent people however because of all the reviews being 100% correct pertain the downside of this company I would recommend you stay away from this JOB. Unless you speak Spanish and are just looking for a buck you might as well turn back around. The upper managment are ran by English speaking folks however it's unfortunate that they treat there employees like cattle. Its ironic because it seems all the employees are milking the cow ;) not sure how the company can sustain in this type of work environment.
Pros
Free lunch periodically
Cons
Horrible staffing and managment team.
Not bad, not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 28, 2016
Occasionally catty environment. It was like a sleepover that never ended. When one girl wasn't there, the others would talk poorly behind her back, so it was apparent the same went for whoever wasn't there although that did not prevent them from participating. Always a struggle to get time off. Not too knowledgeable of the product or the business.
Politically backwards from upper management
former employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 6, 2016
The review of this company should be divided between operations and the "marketing/customer relations" divisions within the organization. One founder is driven, strategic and genuinely cares about the trends that the company is working towards including developing employees in their career paths and ensuring that the company continues to be profitable. One founder is manipulative, drastic and often allows for little to no quality control on the promotional and financial aspects of their decision making.

I had the opportunity for working directly with both founders and had the opportunity to grow. However, when the one founder became disgruntled often for no reason and in my personal circumstance of no guilt but their own the company shifted. I was forced into a department that I had no experience in but also was led by one of the many "henchmen" of said founder. Under this new management change I had absolutely no guidance and was shuffled into a makeshift role that is now being currently backfilled. I was forced to go salary in which I was informed would only benefit me but was promised a performance review. I was with the company for over a year and whenever I discussed my monetarily worth with HR I was fed a handful of lies including that 1) performance reviews were not a standard practice and 2) that a company wide review would happen. Upon release of details on this review it was explained that job cuts were to be performed. Definitely not an uplifting experience for someone whose workload had doubled.

My previous manager was forced out of their job role and the
  more... department was "restructured"...upon their resignation with the company the position was never backfilled and no one learned how to do the previous manager's job. The work load was dispersed into "executive assisting" and I was constantly expected to crutch the work along without any compensation or recognition.

When reviewing my current problems with a very deceitful and manipulative boss I was swept under the rug by HR. After months of being promised raises, reviews and improvements by upper management that went unanswered I felt no option but to leave the company.

I would definitely think wisely of considering employment with this company. Although, I had great business experiences in my handful of positions I feel like the cons outway the pros while the management issues are being resolved.
Pros
Free products once a month
Cons
Upper management, compensation
Meh, not worth the drama
Home Office (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2016
Posh is a quickly growing company that faces many challenges that come with fast growth. Most co-workers are good to work with, however the majority of management is very inexperienced and causes a lot of unnecessary drama that halts work. The CEO is the main cause of the drama, as every single detail of every project must be approved by her due to her micro-managment work style. Also the perimeters, goals, and deadlines for projects get changed constantly because the CEO changes her mind and play games. No room for career growth, and no room for natural leaders at the company because anyone that shows initiative or leadership skills gets a target on their back from the CEO.
Pros
occasional treats brought into work, free products occasionaly, fun activities are becoming more frequent
Cons
Ceo, compensation, inexperienced management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perfectly Posh. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9