Performance Food Group

Performance Food Group Employee Reviews

Eh It's a job.
Order Selector (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: 60-70 Hrs in a week.
It's one of those jobs you have to need, not want.
.076 cent per box you pick, in negative 75 degree temperature with the expectation of you picking to you die.
Great place. Good work life balance good pay
Area Manager (Current Employee), Livermore, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good team, growth company. Good work/life balance
Cons: A little more time with training would be helpful
I haven't been with the company that long, but they are in growth mode and have a good solid team. A little more training in systems is needed, but like most companies, you have to learn on your own
Not position promised
Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Nice company overall just not for me
Cons: the misrepresentation of the job. Poor training, poor trainer.
The day was very hectic everyday. No breathing room to enhance your skills in the position. Did not feel if I stayed that they would allow me to move in another direction. That I would be sanctioned in that position for many years.
Great Opportunity
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 17, 2015
· Created strategies to develop and expand existing customer sales, resulting in a 15 percent increase in monthly sales
· Responded to customer inquiries regarding products, prices, and availability
· Emphasized product features and offered recommendations based on analysis of customer needs
· Monitored multiple databases tracking company inventory
· Prepared correspondence, accounting, and financial documents for analysis
Have experinced good skill set
Sales force Lead Developer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Befits
Project involved migration of their legacy data to Sales force as single unified CRM Database. It also involved integration of legacy system request management with customer eligibility system using Data loader. The goal of the project was also to enable global sales and marketing teams to view sales, facilitate interaction and collaboration with customers and manage sales on-demand.
Solid pay Hard Work
Freezer Selector (Current Employee), Elkton, MDJune 7, 2015
Very rewarding for hard work, if you can manage the cold it is a great place to work. Very fast paced work environment. HR is very very nice and helpful.
fast pace
team effort
weekly pay
job security
holiday pay
fast paced simple but hard work at the same time
order selector (Former Employee), Arlington txMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay starts at 13 and 14.75 when hired incentive program
Cons: attitude, long hours, no family life or personal. favoritism
I started with the company as a temp to hire I was a temp for 6 months before I finally got hired on, I did my job and did it well its like a competitive sport who can move the fastest to meet production status or exceed it to get the incentive. I was with the company for a year but only hired on for 6 months. Me along with every one of my Co workers temps, full time, and even my supervisor and warehouse manager were all told we were on suspension they then called us all back two days later to inform us we were terminated some have been there 3+ years , we were not Givin any reason or evidence as to why we were being terminated, it was wrong and unjustified, and unfortunate for all of us with family to support. I'm talking 10 plus employees lost there jobs not laid off TERMINATED!. I enjoyed my job and did it very well long hours great pay. But unfair the way they did us all I've filed a complaint with the Texas workforce commission and strongly suggest my fellow Co workers do the same. It was unfortunate and would hate for it to happen to another hard working man with a family to support.... so think about that before you apply. The company can not run with out the night crew to pull the orders, we made it happen we also just recently got our errors lower then they have been in years , the company can not keep their own hr people or district manager there pepole come and go so much in a blink of an eye it's unreal.
Nice Launch Pad for Career
Area Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 25, 2015
Pros: Fast paced and fun
Cons: Sink or swim/little mentorship
Great family corporate culture.
Very challenging, fast paced position with a "sink or swim" feel.
Only a job for the hardest working and motivated people
Great variety each day
Great family atmosphere
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Batesville, MSMay 18, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no car allowance
I would call on new and existing customers to collect food orders. Customers consisted of restaurants, bar, churches, daycares, and convenience stores. I would sample new products to help keep menus fresh and trendy.
Family Oriented
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Rock Island, ILMay 17, 2015
Corporate business with a family owned feel. Family oriented. Values employees. Good pay and great perks. I would highly recommend this company.
Performance Food Group Review
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 11, 2015
Great company to work for. I have only been at the company for a month. So far I have had a very positive experience. I am still learning alot so, I don't have much to say
Productive fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Elkton, MDMay 11, 2015
A great work environment full of passionate team members who are working towards companies goals. To continue to learn and meet new people is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great culture to work in
Master Data Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, vaMay 5, 2015
A typical day at PFG is working steady throught the day. I have learned many things about the food business I was not aware of. Both management and my co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job is getting vendors to cooperate sometimes. The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with different people from around the country.
nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 30, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: when they let me go it was not much of an explination and no fault of mine
I enjoyed working at this company and I really learned a lot of different jobs. This company always give the employees free samples and the employees are able to order food at a discount rate.
Productive and hard work
Order Selector (Former Employee), Kendallville, INApril 29, 2015
Pros: The pay was excellent
Cons: Very long hours, lots of lifting and bending
A typical day at PFG would consist of clocking in first thing. I would then go to get my necessary materials for the day (headset, marker, plastic wrap). My supervisor would then have a pre-shift meeting with my crew about how many cases (boxes), we have going out on that day. Normally we would have anywhere from 45,000-70,000 boxes to pick by hand. When the meeting was over we would grab a sheet of stickers with several store orders on it. Each person gets there own route to pick. I would then tell my headset the route number I was currently picking and it would send me to an aisle and slot to pick that box. I would pick anywhere from 2,000 to 3,500 boxes a night. When the route is finished you would then use plastic wrap to ensure safe travel and load it on the truck. You would then grab another route ect.
Great Pay, Great Enviornment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Montgomery, ILApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Short breaks, alternating work hours
This job gave me additional training on stacking which I previously had only a little experience with. The other employees are personable and helpful. Management would provide lunches during a tough work week which was always nice since we had shorter breaks than I was previously use to. Pay was based on performance and productivity therefore checks would vary based on the work load and how each person handled it.
great place to work
Warehouse maintenance and assisting (Former Employee), Oakwood, GAApril 26, 2015
when u come in to work be ready to work its going to be a lon ghard days of work. over all nights go by pretty fast.i love the long hard workin nights.
Experience that I brought to the job, interaction with Suppliers, Customers, logistics, freight forwarders, Warehouses, and so much more
(PFG) Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMarch 30, 2015
Performance Food Group has been a fantastic Company to work for.
Loved the fast paced, interactions with the Suppliers, Customers, Support Service employees, as well as the 9 Warehouses across the country, that we managed,
I did everything from A/P, logistics, purchasing, vouchers, contracts, inventory level control, to name a few. Truly enjoy fast paced, multi-tasking.
There really was not a hard part of the job. Every day was different, in some sense, yet had a daily routine to follow.
Nice place to work until Ifh sold out to performance food group
Driver (Former Employee), florence scMarch 21, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: long hours And high insurance about $150 a week
They will give a management job to anyone who has a college degree or a suck up. The transportation manager now is both he's never been in a truck or on a route to see what drivers gone thru daily. He has no clue about his job but he has that degree. A degree for being a suck up to the operations manager in the corner .

1 2 3 4 5

About Performance Food Group

When it's time to eat out, Performance Food Group (PFG) delivers. It's the #3 broadline foodservice distributor in the US (behind – Read more

Performance Food Group Salaries