Performance Food Group Employer Reviews

Tough
Part Time Order Selector (Former Employee), Temple, TXJanuary 16, 2014
order puller, had to maintain a pace and fast speeds, great co-workers.
fun work place
Dietary Specialist Aid (Former Employee), Temple, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere and you felt at-home
Cons: no cons
In just the short time I worked there, this place was awesome. My supervisor was laid back and explained clearly what my assignments were for the day. Our sales rep was a joker.

I applied my current knowledge of menus and recipes and gained experience working with their program and was really surprised that we made our own shipping boxes and labels – more... for UPS. Overall, the job was totally enjoyable; nothing hard about it!!! – less
great job
Driver (Former Employee), Morristown, TNJanuary 8, 2014
great job, great pay and benefits, hated to be let go from this position
Very physical job,Long days
Drivet (Former Employee), New Windsor,MdJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, don't need to exercise
Cons: lots of hours, hard on back and knees.
Delivery driver for 3 years.The typical work day started at 4am would drive about 100 miles,Have about 10 stops with 700 cases of groceries,No lunch,And 12 hours later could go home. Overall management was efficient and fair, Its the work itself that was the reason why I left,If home time and family is important then this is not the job for you.
Order Puller (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor management, poor co-workers, high school drama environment, long hours, termination in the snap of a finger.
Management is awful there. They do not follow their policies. Expect to lose your job in the snap of a finger. I, myself was fired without a write up or warning of any sort. If you like working in a place where there is high school drama this is the place to work for you. Hours are good and that is about it.
Order Selector \ Lumper
Order Selector \ Lumper (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLDecember 19, 2013
Pros: good pay, steady pay, good benefits
Cons: little room for advancement at gainesville location.
Performance Food Group is a Fortune 500 company. They supply restaurant chains such as Cracker Barrel, Chili's, Bonefish Grill, etc. at the Gainesville location in which I worked. Great company to work for.
Very physicaly demanding.
Operator/Selector (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2013
Pros: fast paste
Cons: physically demanding
None stop physical work and operating heavy machinery. I got a better job offer so I was not with this company long. The was a night-shift so the work hours were bad.
Sales Representative - South Texas District (Former Employee), Victoria, TXDecember 4, 2013
This was my first job out of college and I did very well. I learned a lot about cold calling and customers needs. I did not like that my travel was with my own car, co car should have been provided.
Set You Up to Fail
Corporate Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee), Centennial, CONovember 25, 2013
Cons: there training was terrible.
This was the worst place to work at. There training was terrible. The would only tell you what you did wrong. The management stuff would not like the time on how to do it right. You would need to learn on your own.
A great company with great values
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 31, 2013
Pros: great local operating company
Cons: corporate machine
A very progressive fast pace Foodservice company. They allow each associate to take ownership of their work with the freedom to make the tough decisions.

heir culture is based on a theme "Our House".
Exceptional work enviroment with added perks of free merchandise when available
Transportation Clerk/Transportation Clerk (Former Employee), Rock Island, ILOctober 30, 2013
Pros: exceptional company, benefits and perks
This company was awesome. I was laid off when they decided to down size along with many others that had been there for many years. If the opportunity arose to go back, I would without a second thought. Management was wonderful, they acknowledged when you went above and beyond what you were required to do and you got a card put in a drawing for a 25.00 – more... gift certificate. The co workers were helpful and friendly, they made you feel comfortable as soon as you started the position. The hardest part of the job was if the backup for the company went down and we had no way to get the days business sent to corporate. Enjoyment was the interaction with the coworkers and outside customers, plus the ability to walk into the supervisors office if there was a problem and know it would be corrected. – less
great hours
Order Selector (Former Employee), McKinney, TXOctober 16, 2013
great hours not so great pay everyone is pretty fair minded as long as you do your job
Very nice environment to work in. Everyone is so nice.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 6, 2013
I learned not to take anything for granted and be grateful for a supervisor to always support you.
Face paced work place
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very short breaks
Was a fast paced work place, which I like because I love to keep moving.
Performance Food Group
Transportation Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Dover, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Performance Food Group – Dover, Florida August 06 to July 07
Transportation Administration Assistant
* Answering phones
* Sending and creating memos
* Receptionist duties, using fax machine, printer, and photocopier9
* Typing letters, reports, briefings; creating labels, preparing envelopes
* Entering information into computer for appointments, contact – more... information
* Filing, sorting mail, mailing letters and packages, inventory and ordering office supplies
* Customer service, making appointments for pickup and/or delivery – less
Horrible work environment
Accounts Payable Production (Former Employee), Shared Service Center Centennial COSeptember 20, 2013
Cons: lack of training, favortism, yellling
New employees were not given sufficent training and were given corrective disciplinary action in 2 weeks. had team member roll their eyes at me when i asked a question. supervisor did not care and showed lots of favortism. yelling & bad language was used all the time. lots of gossiping. pfg was bad!!!!!
Not like other PFG Facilities
District Sales Manager - Inner Company Transfer (Former Employee), Little RockSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: good insurance
Cons: bad culture
The culture here is very narrow minded. They pronounce to have a management style of Servant Leadership, but in truth only support those at the core of the “click” PFG has personality issues! They are struggling with knowing who they are in their local industry. Ranked among the lowest in growth among its nationwide family of Distribution facilities, – more... PFG Little Rock is a poor example of what it could be. – less
Fun, Productive, and loved traveling to help our clients
Transportation Department/Driver (Former Employee), Brandon, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: traveled
Performance Food Group was a great company, I was there for 6 years. I did a lot of traveling around the state of Florida to visit and take care of customer relations. It was a fun job and I loved it. I was offered the job at Business Storage Systems so I decided to take it and left PFG in 2005.
i would love it
Forklift Operator/selecter (Former Employee), Austell, GAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: the work out we do before the shift start.
a typical day would getting my job done in a timely manner if son one else need help I will held them with work are a question any way I can make the day go better for the team. the hard part of the day is coming back from lunch.
Here's the truth! Can you handle it?
Driver (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: money money money
Cons: long days and hard work. if your scared of work i guess these are the cons
Look I am a driver currently for PFG. You wanna make 60, 70, 80, 90 or 100k a year? Are you a go getter? This year I will break 100k because I worked for it! No this isn't easy you bust your balls day in and day out to earn that money. Think about it 100k is a lot of money for a CDL TRUCK DRIVER!! These guys need dedication, drive, determined people. – more... I've worked here for nearly 7 years and put my notice in recently because I'm moving. They offered me a transfer and have accommodated me as much as possible. This place provided for me when I was broke, when I was comfortable, and when I was well off. This job isn't for the average guy that wants a 9-5 local trucker job. This job will put more than just clothes on your back and a roof over your head. This place will provide a lifestyle that you may not of bad while growing up. You show them hard work and strive to do your best and they will take notice to you. Trust me I'm that guy! I don't care what these reviews say--complain about the work, management etc etc. just come in bust your butt and you will have no issues. I've done it for years and I know I know I'm a suck up right? No by far not I just keep to myself work hard and bring in the bacon. Non believers don't apply. They don't want you. The sky is the limit at Pfg I've seen drivers go into management or drivers that just stay making as much as they want. If you want to make a lot of money and are willing to work for it then apply! – less

About Performance Food Group

When it's time to eat out, Performance Food Group (PFG) delivers. It's the #3 broadline foodservice distributor in the US (behind – Read more