Performance Food Group Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace with a ping pong table.
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 24, 2015
The best part of the job was the competitive environment. The hardest part of the job was the scheduled conflict with family life.
Pros
fun
Cons
schedule
Very productive
CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Performance is a great Company to work for. Everything moves in the timely fashion. The hardest part about the job I will say is product knowledge.
Very strong commitment to servicing the Customer
Director of Operation (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2015
Posses the ability to achieve greatness. Has the capabilities to overcome the food industry. However, has to invest in a bigger facility to be able to handle the potential growth.
Pros
Training and Development in Corp.
Cons
Bigger facility for Orlando Branch
Productive and hard work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INApril 29, 2015
A typical day at PFG would consist of clocking in first thing. I would then go to get my necessary materials for the day (headset, marker, plastic wrap). My supervisor would then have a pre-shift meeting with my crew about how many cases (boxes), we have going out on that day. Normally we would have anywhere from 45,000-70,000 boxes to pick by hand. When the meeting was over we would grab a sheet of stickers with several store orders on it. Each person gets there own route to pick. I would then tell my headset the route number I was currently picking and it would send me to an aisle and slot to pick that box. I would pick anywhere from 2,000 to 3,500 boxes a night. When the route is finished you would then use plastic wrap to ensure safe travel and load it on the truck. You would then grab another route ect.
Pros
The pay was excellent
Cons
Very long hours, lots of lifting and bending
laid back atmoshphere
Computer Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSNovember 6, 2015
This job was great! it was a comfortable environment that was full of fun and happiness. Having to go to work day after day was not a hard thing to do because the work was enjoyable. Everyone got along with one another and employees would do their job without being told what to do or to be watched.
Pros
office atmosphere
Cons
nothing bad to say about this company
great work environment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 24, 2015
great opportunity in the wholefoods distribution industry. The company is rising

fun place to work fun management team
Pros
monthly meeting were informative
Cons
sales in food industry is down in this area
fast pace
job security
holiday pay
OK place
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Centennial COSeptember 6, 2015
Most of the Associates are really nice, very political and some thin skinned folks that do not handle constructive criticism very well. The BSC reports to Richmond Virginia and the lack of support for the BSC was evident throughout my time there. Big Company, but Information Systems still are not in real time capability. One AP and GL Team using AS400 that is incredibly old and lack any proper security for SOX 404. Third Party IT outsource Company brings many security risk in global economy. Takes an enormous amount of time to get anything done.
Pros
Cons
ERP's old
stable work
Order Selector / Loader (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 30, 2015
I enjoyed this company and the people that worked here, not an exceptionally big warehouse but it was nice, this was my first job and here is where I learned how to operate all the forklifts, learned to pull orders correctly and load trucks.
Not the best, not the worst
Category Manager / Buyer - Center of the Plate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 8, 2015
For someone looking for a slow pace, repetitive day, this is the place to be. If you are looking for variety and challenge, I would not suggest this company.
Have experinced good skill set
Sales force Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 17, 2015
Project involved migration of their legacy data to Sales force as single unified CRM Database. It also involved integration of legacy system request management with customer eligibility system using Data loader. The goal of the project was also to enable global sales and marketing teams to view sales, facilitate interaction and collaboration with customers and manage sales on-demand.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Befits
fast paced simple but hard work at the same time
order selector (Former Employee) –  Arlington txMay 27, 2015
I started with the company as a temp to hire I was a temp for 6 months before I finally got hired on, I did my job and did it well its like a competitive sport who can move the fastest to meet production status or exceed it to get the incentive. I was with the company for a year but only hired on for 6 months. Me along with every one of my Co workers temps, full time, and even my supervisor and warehouse manager were all told we were on suspension they then called us all back two days later to inform us we were terminated some have been there 3+ years , we were not Givin any reason or evidence as to why we were being terminated, it was wrong and unjustified, and unfortunate for all of us with family to support. I'm talking 10 plus employees lost there jobs not laid off TERMINATED!. I enjoyed my job and did it very well long hours great pay. But unfair the way they did us all I've filed a complaint with the Texas workforce commission and strongly suggest my fellow Co workers do the same. It was unfortunate and would hate for it to happen to another hard working man with a family to support.... so think about that before you apply. The company can not run with out the night crew to pull the orders, we made it happen we also just recently got our errors lower then they have been in years , the company can not keep their own hr people or district manager there pepole come and go so much in a blink of an eye it's unreal.
Pros
Good pay starts at 13 and 14.75 when hired incentive program
Cons
attitude, long hours, no family life or personal. favoritism
Great place. Good work life balance good pay
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 22, 2015
I haven't been with the company that long, but they are in growth mode and have a good solid team. A little more training in systems is needed, but like most companies, you have to learn on your own
Pros
Good team, growth company. Good work/life balance
Cons
A little more time with training would be helpful
Not all what the company promises you
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYNovember 29, 2015
All about numbers and not the employees. Managers do not know what they are doing. Pay is not what the company promised you. Especially for the work you have to do.
Good food
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2015
It is a good place to be. Lot of Senior citizens work in the company which makes it hard for the company to accept culture change.
Exceptional work enviroment with added perks of free merchandise when available
Transportation Clerk/Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILOctober 30, 2013
This company was awesome. I was laid off when they decided to down size along with many others that had been there for many years. If the opportunity arose to go back, I would without a second thought. Management was wonderful, they acknowledged when you went above and beyond what you were required to do and you got a card put in a drawing for a 25.00 gift certificate. The co workers were helpful and friendly, they made you feel comfortable as soon as you started the position. The hardest part of the job was if the backup for the company went down and we had no way to get the days business sent to corporate. Enjoyment was the interaction with the coworkers and outside customers, plus the ability to walk into the supervisors office if there was a problem and know it would be corrected.
Pros
exceptional company, benefits and perks
Hard work but still a good place to work
Truck Driver -Pay by case and mile (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GANovember 28, 2015
Supervisor requires driver to work will on light duty. Doesn't understand doctors orders are to help not make things worse.
Great Pay, Great Enviornment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ILApril 28, 2015
This job gave me additional training on stacking which I previously had only a little experience with. The other employees are personable and helpful. Management would provide lunches during a tough work week which was always nice since we had shorter breaks than I was previously use to. Pay was based on performance and productivity therefore checks would vary based on the work load and how each person handled it.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks, alternating work hours
Productive and fun work place.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDNovember 10, 2015
load and deliver.
learned driving routes
co-workers were down to earth
the hardest part of the job was not enough work
the most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy
Pros
Clean break room.
Cons
Short breaks
This is bad
Over the Road Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 3, 2015
No employees or valued. Risk your life for a good paycheck, and break your face/back/legs as well. They expect superhuman performance with huge risks, and do not care if you safely make it home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Performance Food Group. Our community is ready to answer.